Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:34:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:17:38 AM

It was just added!!!! http://coinmarketcap.com/

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:22:57 AM

It was just added!!!! http://coinmarketcap.com/

wow, look at all those coins we overtook already !

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:44:13 AM

Let it stabilise at 0.01 imo.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:49:38 AM

you forgot a zero  ?  Grin
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:52:35 AM

Hey guys!

Here is you much awaited TRANSPARENCY RELEASE http://teamaircoin.org/docs/

Best,
Aether

How about some buy support and raising the price before coinmarketcap? At this rate we'll be 50th by the time we hit.

You have repeated this request a few times and I find it strange that you expect the devs to just bump the price up for you to sell.  I think some people got the wrong impression on what was going to happen when this coin started.  Of course I could be the one who is wrong, but so far this has gone really well from my perspective and if they started just pumping the price up because you keep asking them... that would concern me.

I don't want them to raise the price so I can sell, I want the price at a high enough level (around 0.003) so that it can attract attention from people in a positive way.

Ok I can believe that.  I still dont think they should raise it so quickly though. 
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:01:18 AM

Great buy support devs.

Dumps all the way down to 0.00095.
Glad I had some bids in . I suspected this might happen again, so put some cheeky bids in, and it paid off.
flinchy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:02:09 AM

Hey devs - what's your opinion on ASIC's?

would you be willing to move to scrypt-n or something to combat them?

Personally i like them for their energy efficiency... but on the other hand, if the coins i like are going to go to a 'better' algo...
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:03:04 AM

Personally i like them for their energy efficiency... but on the other hand, if the coins i like are going to go to a 'better' algo...

Answered (somewhat) on the previous page.
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

you forgot a zero  ?  Grin

Oh yeah I did - I meant 0.010

anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:17:21 AM

Hi, people.. who can help me to know how legit AIrcoin to trade?
please give some Aircoin...
I don't know how to mining....

AXcBYYbaGuxAntk3fUs8jAbH2uiakXZ3YJ
you don't know how to mining? do you know how to buying? cause you certainly know how to begging.

flinchy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:17:55 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 06:29:20 AM by flinchy

Answered (somewhat) on the previous page.

ahh thanks!

i hope the devs reconsider scrypt-n... they're completely wrong about POTENTIALLY how big an effect ASIC's could have on scrypt, if they're actually as effective as creators say they are.

Aircoin Team -- Scrypt ASIC miners are right around the corner... they launch in quarter 2 or quarter 3 which means that the companies are probably running them right now before public release. Something must be done, Will the team change alorithm's within the coin ? Is this possible ?

We're both looking into different algorithms and their methods of implementation, as well as difficulty adjustments.

Since we have mechanisms involved to deal with inflation through the market, the effect of ASICs on a coin's exchange rate doesn't bother us very much at all. However, it can mean that only those with the budget and technology for ASIC miners would be able to mine the coin, forcing others to use an exchange.

The major problem with ASICs is the dispersion rate, as the difficulty has to constant adjust itself (and is always falling behind the ever-increasing hashrates) to cause more inflation and blocks to be solved faster than intended. The next problem is with the effect that has on the market, causing even higher short-term inflation that outruns the short-term demand increased caused by those who cannot acquire the hardware (and thus end up buying instead).

But 2 things have changed since SHA-256 ASICs came out:

1. KGW was created, giving a strong defense against both Multipools and ASICs.
2. Methods (such as AIRcoin's investment pool) to counteract inflation have been designed and experimented with.

So unlike the advent of SHA-256 ASICs, we think the effect (both because of the small difference in barrier of entry and the existing methods to counteract ASICs) of Scrypt ASICs will be minimal compared to what ASICs were for SHA-256 coins.

The next wallet version will have tweaks to the KGW system to take Scrypt ASICs into account.

We've also looked into the various Scrypt ASICs and at current prices, do not see exceptional change like SHA-256 ASICs. This is perhaps because Scrypt ASICs are far more complex and expensive for the same capabilities, but also because they are not far away from existing GPU performance, and their benefit has less to do with barrier of entry (which is where GPUs have had a huge advantage thus far, since they were ubiquitous in their use and always available in their supply) and more do with the cost of electricity.

you're pretty wrong @ that last bit especially... the upcoming scrypt asic's are at best 5 times better value than the best value GPU setup (at worst, roughly 2x better) THAT DOESN'T account for the actual computer hardware.. so 6-7x better.. as well as 10x as power efficient per kh.

and they're not complex or expensive.. http://coinjoint.info/scrypt-asics/

they take an ATX power supply like a computer... you will be able to get 100MH for $10k (CHEAP), and basically plug-and-play it. easier than setting up a GPU rig and configuring a miner!!!!

and as said, they're YEARS ahead of GPU's in scrypt performance.

scrypt is going to be annihilated by ASIC's... so basically right now, i either look at selling my GPU's and getting ASIC's, or keeping them and only mining scypt-n/jane.

also, KGW is apparently not good any more... darkcoins system or digishield is suggested to look at now.

KGW doesn't defend from ASIC's at all, just keeps difficulty ACCURATE and prevents instamining.

so basically.. when ASIC's come out, i stop mining scrypt coins as they become unprofitable.. all GPU's move to scrypt-n to keep it viable.

Aircoin Team -- Scrypt ASIC miners are right around the corner... they launch in quarter 2 or quarter 3 which means that the companies are probably running them right now before public release. Something must be done, Will the team change alorithm's within the coin ? Is this possible ?

Scrypt ASIC's have been out for almost a month... (Gridseed and variants)

They are not like sha-256 ASIC's. They cost a hell of a lot for the same hash-rate. (It is cheaper to get any sha-256 ASIC, mine BTC, and buy the alt-coins directly. scrypt-ASIC's are years away from being worth purchasing, unless scrypt-values rise. So, again, not a threat. Long-term, they are not worth it, though they save power... New ASIC's that don't rape your wallet, are around the corner. Still, those are not as valuable as the sha-256 ASIC's. FYI those gridseeds only cost about $5.00 to make. Tell me who is winning that war. He buys 10 for every 1 you buy from him, and pockets the rest. You will never be more than him, on any market. Tongue)

(Not promoting this site, just showing it.)
http://hashra.com/gridseed-3-mh-s-scrypt-sha-miner-including-psu-accessories/

As far as I know, the 50MHs and 100MHs and 300MHs sites are all fake "give me a loan, we want to try and make a miner" sites... Most have been shown, hands down, to be flat-out scams. The ones that are not, are still not worth the money. It is still cheaper to buy coins for gains, then it is to mine, for almost any coin.

However, mining + buying, together, allows you to manipulate the market by hash-rate and value.

AIR needs more miners at the moment. You want that diff to rise. If it falls, enough for you to "cash-out NOW", you will cash-out now, and cause it to drop more. Obviously, that is the majority of any new coin that starts. It is a hurdle for every coin. One that AIR has already thwarted on one step, and will continue to do. (Unlike AUR and DOGE and MEOW and all the other coins that were purposely pumped to create bag-holders.)

Seriously, if you are complaining only one week into the launch on an exchange... You have already identified yourself as one of those who do that. Sorry that your diabolical plans of value-rape and pumps are failing.

One year... that is what EVERYONE should be holding for. You mine steady all year, then you can complain if the end of the year has lower returns. (I mined coins all last year, which my estimates were $3.00-$5.00 a day per miner-rig. At the end of the year, the estimates jumped up to $39-$58 per day, per rig. When I cashed those out, it was as if I had earned those values, all year long. THAT is how you mine. THAT is your goal.)

AIR has that ability. I don't know any other coin that does, besides BTC and LTC, which is being manipulated by the big investors. (AUR could have been, if it wasn't controlled by a bank that failed holding money. What did everyone think would happen. They failed as a bank, now they want to try to control crypto. lol. Those guys will scam everyone out of crypto, like they scammed their money-holders.)

yeah what?'

getting an SHA-2 ASIC and mining BTC will **NEVER** pay off, so you're wrong on your first point..

secondly, a gridseed has about the same hash/$ as a 280x (THE BEST HASH /$), and 5x+ better hash/watt. with gridseed, you can get 3-3.6MH/S for $2150 USD plug and play!!... it costs more like $3k for a 6*280x rig, and uses 5 times the power!

That's $.59/kh for the gridseed vs $.6944/kh for the 280x.. the gridseeds are BETTER VALUE ALREADY than a GPU mining rig

unless air/other good coins move to a more resistant algorithm.... ASIC's are ALREADY worth buying over GPU's in every single way.

the KnC scrypt miner (reputable company) is supposedly 6mo away at worst, and is SUPPOSEDLY 100MH/$10k, so WAY better value than a GPU rig.

as for your last bit... EXACTLY

difficulty will rise, as will coin prices.. coins mined today at $10/day could EASILY be worth $100 a day in 12 months.. $100>$1000 ETC.

i'm holding for probably 24 months if i can Cheesy
CryptoKiller

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:30:04 AM

Moved up 3 places on coinmarketcap...#20 now.

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.
flinchy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:40:38 AM

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.

http://coinjoint.info/scrypt-asics/

says as early as Q2 2014 for some pretty effective ones, and Q2-Q3 for a serious 'GPU destroyer'

i'd hope that air would try to be ASIC resistant

otherwise, why by Scrypt? just go SHA-2 if you don't mind ASIC's Tongue
CryptoKiller

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:53:43 AM

says as early as Q2 2014 for some pretty effective ones, and Q2-Q3 for a serious 'GPU destroyer'

That article puts the first units shipping around Q3 and then goes on to state that GPU mining will still be profitable. Sure it could be a problem if all the early investors point all their ASIC's at a single coin but thats fairly unlikely and its probably a boon to all those that already hold some coins.
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:57:50 AM

It's nice.....we have to wait to see them rising,but so quick to see them dumped.

Cool.

Dev need to put in some btc and buy order till the price they want. 0.03-0.04.

In this case the price will rising and became stable.

I hope.....

That's another crypto till now that nothing bring me to say "WOW".
Like ultracoin....so much pumped from media....so great potential in it,scrypt-jane,buy and wait.

Day one in market 0.59 usd each....Dev say to buy it now and wait some....price have to encrease....blabla...and after 2 months price is stable,yes,at 0.14 usd each.

Buyed at day one and still waiting to cover my lose after 2 months.

With most cryptos seems to be in the movie "THE WOLF OF WALL STREET" with leonardo di caprio.

Just joking man, have a good day and hope this day we see finally a good encrease quote.
It has to be after 4 days of down.

Or what dev will write in the first "weekly report" about stability of aircoin?

flinchy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:01:15 AM

That article puts the first units shipping around Q3 and then goes on to state that GPU mining will still be profitable. Sure it could be a problem if all the early investors point all their ASIC's at a single coin but thats fairly unlikely and its probably a boon to all those that already hold some coins.

yah it'll be profitable still.. but it will be 5x as profitable to sell the GPU rig and but an ASIC Wink

seriously, in theory, i could sell all my rigs, buy that 100MH ASIC.. and, well, get 10x the hash rate for what.. MAYBE the same the power?

how does that work with 'GPU mining will still be profitable'.. we're talking TEN TIMES as efficient.

ED: it uses a standard ATX power supply it says, which to me means one.. which to me indicates no more than what.. 1500w tops?... that's 20 times as efficient then, with about 5x better $/KH.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:12:04 AM

If Teamair sell us premine and get our BTC, and then make more BTC. How does the buyer of AIR beneift? What does Teamair do with the BTC they make if the pool grows?

Can someone from AIR give a simple explanation, jjust so there is no misunderstanding.

Thank you
mkasiak

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:23:55 AM

I believe that scryptASICs are already mining. Look at profitability on coinwarz.com   Rigs with performance 2-3 MHs hardly pay for electricity spent. If you buy bigger rig now, you will hardly see ROI. There is only one explanation - scryptASICS are being "tested" by producers or distributors before releasing to public.

So graphic card based miners will move to scrypt-n or something similar (see vertcoin difficulty and price rising now). I am not sure, what it will make with profitability of mining these coins, but I am sure scrypt coins will be very soon dead (maybe except few biggest). Because when miners will move from currency, traders will follow them.

Aircoin has strong dev team, I believe they will be able to respond to this challenge, but it should be done ASAP, to do not miss the train.  (and they should solve also KGW problem at the same time. The adjustment is too slow giving space for speculators.)

I am still mining Aircoin, because I invested into it. Maybe it is not the most profitable to mine it, but I do not care whether I earn 2$ or 3$ daily. The difference is to small between coins. Pointing a rig towards specific coin has become practical declaration of its support, not "quick-earn-a-lot" business (as it was ment in the begining of all this cryptofun)

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:27:42 AM

this doesnt make any sense people are trusting traders? Does anyone here know that wall street cant even beat the dart board? Why would I want someone to invest for me? Thats stupid. This does not appeal to the type of people that use crypto. Even if it succeeds it makes no sense to me. They are so scared of putting it on another exchange? What does that tell you. It means that the coin can easily crash once it gets out of their hands. Besides would this not make the creates of this coin unfairly rich? Huh
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:46:36 AM

We have released a paper about the trading system and how it works.

You can read the paper here: Transparency Release.

While it may go overlooked, before blaming us, you should read the transparency release that we just made. It should explain the entire system in full with explicit data behind it. The dump was not us. As the release states, we were (and still are) AIR positive, meaning that the system has bought more AIRcoins than it has sold.

It is very apparent that two things are happening:

1. Sellers are acting non-optimally (not getting their full amount of money) out of an important need to sell our coin, and are not aware of their actions.
2. Sellers are deliberately attempting to lower the price.

As the dump was timed both with our Transparency Release (something that would, normally, encourage individuals to buy) and with the listing on Coinmarketcap, number 2 seems to be a more and more likely scenario. At the end, though, this is economic warfare. If individuals are not benevolently testing us, then it means that someone doesn't agree with the idealogy of our coin, and is definitely willing to pay time, energy, and BTC in order to see it fail. When it comes to economic warfare, we understand the terms of engagement considerably, and right now we are fighting a long campaign with a few new technologies not held in the cryptocurrency world.

2 things will solve this problem immediately. One is a higher volume, the other is a higher investment pool. That dump increased the value of the investment pool, at current prices, by .1 BTC. I want to stress that: whomever dumped the coin just now missed out on .1 BTC worth of value, that is now in the investment pool. We made 0.1 BTC instantly from your dump. If our listing on coinmarketcap.com causes a price increase, then we will have made even more from the dump.

When coins are sold in mass volume, the low prices they reach increases the value of the investment pool. In other words, people's dumping gives us more BTC to support the coin with long term. The system is still young and has to grow,

You should not expect the exchange rate to constantly rise, and definitely not expect it to rise until the equilibrium we have explained (both in the release and previous posts) has been reached. That doesn't mean it won't, but if we assured everyone that the rate would rise when these factors were not in equilibrium we would be in a violation of conduct against our own ideology. We want users of AIRcoin to be economically savvy and effective, not followers of blind faith. You can not only still make money in a downward market (again, consider that the pool has made over 2 BTC already since launch) but you can definitely promote the coin to other venues by spreading the word about it and generating the large volume that will be able to help sustain these dumps.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: