Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
mkasiak

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:23:44 AM

We have released a paper about the trading system and how it works.

You can read the paper here: Transparency Release.

I appreciate issuing the paper about your trading system, but transparency is something different.

You describe how you have earned coins into "investment pool".  I like it and I like that you are buying aircoin more than selling ATM. It means that you as investors believe it will go higher. Nice.

But real transparency is when we know, who are you. Who are the people who have access to premined coins? More we know about you more trust you get.

What is aircoin wallet address of investment pool? Is there some system who can access it and how much can be taken out from there? If you mean it seriously, you should have some independent body which overlooks people having access to premined coins and also clear rules.

This is transparency!

Till then, most of the people invest into this coin only a little, just to try and see - it is highly risky investment, nothing for big fish. I am in, I am supporting it, but...

coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:34:17 AM

Moved up 3 places on coinmarketcap...#20 now.

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.

+1
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:43:53 AM

Why would you expect the devs to stop some idiot from selling his coins for less? (Which is giving us discounted coins.)

Know the difference between a crash and a cash-out.

Want the value to rise, buy some coins.
Want your coins to sell, lower the price you are asking for them.

It isn't the devs job to buy your debt. Stability isn't "Support me by buying my coins". Stability is LIMITING damage from false pumps and using those holdings for AIDING the restoration after a "Cash-out"... Nothing can stop a cash-out from happening. Those people who were smart enough to list BUYS at those lows, just got a killer discount on coins. (Try it, it is called hedging losses. Every coin you buy lower, allows you to sell your higher coins for less at no loss, and even for gains.)

The coin has not even been on the exchange a whole week, and already it is strong and stable. A few more weeks of this, and we are past the biggest hurdle. "False pumps with no volume value". (That is what leaves everyone as a bag-holder, unless they take action to cut losses.)

They know what they are doing.

So do I. (You will see my buy and sell catches all over the chart now. End-limit resistance that, if taken advantage of, rewards us. Since I am here, at the moment, protecting my investment. Which, involves aiding in the protection of your investment. This is not a job-coin, don't expect it to be treated as one. Getting more BTC soon... But it is not my job to pay you for your work. If you were actually working, I would pay you.)
flinchy

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:52:44 AM

Moved up 3 places on coinmarketcap...#20 now.

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.

I believe that scryptASICs are already mining. Look at profitability on coinwarz.com   Rigs with performance 2-3 MHs hardly pay for electricity spent. If you buy bigger rig now, you will hardly see ROI. There is only one explanation - scryptASICS are being "tested" by producers or distributors before releasing to public.

So graphic card based miners will move to scrypt-n or something similar (see vertcoin difficulty and price rising now). I am not sure, what it will make with profitability of mining these coins, but I am sure scrypt coins will be very soon dead (maybe except few biggest). Because when miners will move from currency, traders will follow them.

Aircoin has strong dev team, I believe they will be able to respond to this challenge, but it should be done ASAP, to do not miss the train.  (and they should solve also KGW problem at the same time. The adjustment is too slow giving space for speculators.)

I am still mining Aircoin, because I invested into it. Maybe it is not the most profitable to mine it, but I do not care whether I earn 2$ or 3$ daily. The difference is to small between coins. Pointing a rig towards specific coin has become practical declaration of its support, not "quick-earn-a-lot" business (as it was ment in the begining of all this cryptofun)

nah it's not that, ASIC's have barely been designed let alone built... i've been closely watching altcoins for a while now, it's definitely forces other than ASIC's causing these price drops... multipools are the biggest cause.

and the KGW problem is solved (the problem wasn't JUST the adjust period, it's the whole time warp exploit it enables) - both Dark Gravity Wave and Digishield are better than KGW in .. well, every way.
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:32:50 AM

nah it's not that, ASIC's have barely been designed let alone built...
Lolwut, Gridseed are sold like candies now...

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:59:18 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 11:11:07 AM by ISAWHIM

Ok, investment tip of the day...

Tongue

You notice the people cashing-out are hitting about 2000 AIR at a time, roughly...

Move the bulk of your buy-orders around that point, wherever it is. That is how you "catch" the "dump".

Don't re-list those orders if you catch them. (Not right away.) Save a few BTC to buy the top-listed "Sell-order". (You can afford it, and that helps to restore the price back UP, so you can LATER sell SOME of those captured coins for a better deal. If you list them right away, as a Sell-order, you scare everyone away, making it take longer. Everyone will just list below your giant wall.)

Another tip...

On the reverse side... You see people buying up to 500 AIR at a "pump" or "investment purchase"... Move your sell-orders to that point, wherever that is. That is how you "catch" that "pump".

Another tip...

If you PAID to much for the coins you hold, you should think about buying more. (Sounds nuts right...)
You need to buy more at a lower price, duh! Especially when you see it lower than normal. (Bonus if you do the above suggestion.)

Why? Because buying 100 at $1.25 per coin, then buying 100 more at $0.75 on a decent dump... Your "price paid" for the 200 is only $1.00 each. You can now sell those for less of a loss, or for a gain, if the price rises to $1.00-$1.25 and never rises past that point. Otherwise you would have just lost, holding that 100 coins. (Ok, you need to compensate for trade-fees, but you get the idea.)

P.S. If you only have enough to buy 100 coins, never buy more than 1-10 coins at a time. If the price falls more, buy some more. You just lowered your cost per coin. (Um, if it is perpetually falling, take a loss and sell. Catch it at the bottom. Don't hold it all the way down.)

P.P.S. This is not a day-trade coin. (Not yet) If you think the price is too low to mine, duh, then buy it! If you think the price is too high, duh, then sell it! Be careful what you wish for. If the value rises enough to "support you", 10,000 others will see that too, and come to mine it. You will be complaining 10,000 times as much then. Unless you held your coins the whole time. Oh yea, you cashed out, to "be supported". Miner fail.

P.P.P.S. Don't list all your coins where someone can snipe them up, if you never intended to sell them. (Or where they would scare any value away from the listing market of buyers.) List them at crazy prices way above, or if buying with BTC you list them at crazy prices way below. That shows the total available potential coins to buy/sell without screwing with your values. That, or just snipe-up good deals. That annoys bot-traders... They never see you coming! Tongue

P.P.P.P.S. Practice destroying other coins, not the coins you intend to support, that can easily support you in the future. There are plenty of other coins to destroy, that need to die-off. lol. This one needs to grow. Sip the wine, don't chug it... it may be poisoned!
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:20:26 AM

oh no why scrypt, dev should assume that scrypt-coin will be future dead, atleast use scrypt-n even better your own algorithm, or hefty1
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:55:17 AM

this doesnt make any sense people are trusting traders? Does anyone here know that wall street cant even beat the dart board? Why would I want someone to invest for me?
It will work for them in the short term, but will stop working as anyone can do what they are doing IMHO. And more and more people have the same idea.
I encourage TeamAir to experiment and I'm glad they are doing so. I wish more and more people would do what they are. Experiment with crypto's. Try different ideas!
I don't think anyone "knows" what the crypto landscape will be in 12 months time.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

If you PAID to much for the coins you hold, you should think about buying more. (Sounds nuts right...)
You need to buy more at a lower price, duh! Especially when you see it lower than normal. (Bonus if you do the above suggestion.)

Why? Because buying 100 at $1.25 per coin, then buying 100 more at $0.75 on a decent dump... Your "price paid" for the 200 is only $1.00 each. You can now sell those for less of a loss, or for a gain, if the price rises to $1.00-$1.25 and never rises past that point. Otherwise you would have just lost, holding that 100 coins. (Ok, you need to compensate for trade-fees, but you get the idea.)

P.S. If you only have enough to buy 100 coins, never buy more than 1-10 coins at a time. If the price falls more, buy some more. You just lowered your cost per coin. (Um, if it is perpetually falling, take a loss and sell. Catch it at the bottom. Don't hold it all the way down.)
No, you should sell out, square up, clear you mind and then decide.
Doubling up can work, but it's twice as bad if it doesn't work.
There will be lot's of other opportunities.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:08:32 PM

Why would you expect the devs to stop some idiot from selling his coins for less? (Which is giving us discounted coins.)

Know the difference between a crash and a cash-out.

Want the value to rise, buy some coins.
Want your coins to sell, lower the price you are asking for them.

It isn't the devs job to buy your debt. Stability isn't "Support me by buying my coins". Stability is LIMITING damage from false pumps and using those holdings for AIDING the restoration after a "Cash-out"... Nothing can stop a cash-out from happening. Those people who were smart enough to list BUYS at those lows, just got a killer discount on coins. (Try it, it is called hedging losses. Every coin you buy lower, allows you to sell your higher coins for less at no loss, and even for gains.)

The coin has not even been on the exchange a whole week, and already it is strong and stable. A few more weeks of this, and we are past the biggest hurdle. "False pumps with no volume value". (That is what leaves everyone as a bag-holder, unless they take action to cut losses.)

They know what they are doing.

So do I. (You will see my buy and sell catches all over the chart now. End-limit resistance that, if taken advantage of, rewards us. Since I am here, at the moment, protecting my investment. Which, involves aiding in the protection of your investment. This is not a job-coin, don't expect it to be treated as one. Getting more BTC soon... But it is not my job to pay you for your work. If you were actually working, I would pay you.)

It's not stable or solid right now, there's only 4.2 BTC on the buy side and 2.7 of that btc is at 0.00065. I don't understand how a team of 5 guys who are supposed to have trading experience can't put up like two or three btc initially each into the investment pool to kick start it. Instead it starts of with zero and there's no support.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:05:13 PM

Right....please dev,expain what's happening!

I have seen AIRCOIN, read: STABLE,RISING ECHANGE RATE.

And bought 1btc of aircoin at 0.00196 cause you have say that below 0.002 was a good investement.

Now they arer quoted 0,00158 and very few buy,means that theyr quote will DRAMATICALLY decrease next hours.

From the day that i have bought them i have just starting to loose....

Seems 5 financial expert don't make a great work till now. Hope this coin is not just an experiment, and within some months it will die and dev starting a new one from ashesh of aircoin.

I mean....seems that aircoin is only a TEST from financial expert landed in cryptocurrency for first time.
And they know how to sell a product,that is dramatically falling down....

kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:39:25 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 01:58:30 PM by kikeda

We have released a paper about the trading system and how it works.

You can read the paper here: Transparency Release.

I appreciate issuing the paper about your trading system, but transparency is something different.

You describe how you have earned coins into "investment pool".  I like it and I like that you are buying aircoin more than selling ATM. It means that you as investors believe it will go higher. Nice.

But real transparency is when we know, who are you. Who are the people who have access to premined coins? More we know about you more trust you get.

What is aircoin wallet address of investment pool? Is there some system who can access it and how much can be taken out from there? If you mean it seriously, you should have some independent body which overlooks people having access to premined coins and also clear rules.

This is transparency!

Till then, most of the people invest into this coin only a little, just to try and see - it is highly risky investment, nothing for big fish. I am in, I am supporting it, but...

+1

Got heaps of aircoin, but I do think the coin will die if the devs are not publicly transparent about the premine and themselves, unless the dev has thousands of bitcoins to pump this thing up, which I doubt he has lol. but anyways, without the premine the real marketcap is around 76k ahw, next buy wall is @ .00062 if some early miner decided to dump his coins, we will be seeing a third of the real market cap around 26k basically on par with most of dead coins..
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:34:56 PM

+1

Got heaps of aircoin, but I do think the coin will die if the devs are not publicly transparent about the premine and themselves, unless the dev has thousands of bitcoins to pump this thing up, which I doubt he has lol. but anyways, without the premine the real marketcap is around 76k ahw, next buy wall is @ .00062 if some early miner decided to dump his coins, we will be seeing a third of the real market cap around 26k basically on par with most of dead coins..

You are assuming that the price won't recover after a dump to .00062, but the charts don't bear this assumption out.

So far, Air has recovered from any dumps very quickly.

scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:42:03 PM

Very impressed with AIr's stability lately as its been under constant siege.

According to some simple math i did, over 50% of total AIR supply has changed hands.. I see it as a good thing. 50% of people have now bought at a higher price, and will hold until they see their profits.

I firmly believe we have seen the end of it. Expect big things out of the price in the coming weeks.

Perhaps we were a bit too optimistic at the start and a handful of whales took advatange of us.

No matter! thanks for the cheap air.

Poloniex Moderator
sussex

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:44:21 PM

And bought 1btc of aircoin at 0.00196 cause you have say that below 0.002 was a good investement.

Now they arer quoted 0,00158 and very few buy,means that theyr quote will DRAMATICALLY decrease next hours.

Seems 5 financial expert don't make a great work till now. Hope this coin is not just an experiment, and within some months it will die and dev starting a new one from ashesh of aircoin.

I mean....seems that aircoin is only a TEST from financial expert landed in cryptocurrency for first time.

RTFM!

Really, you would do well to read, or perhaps re-read, the white paper and other documents produced by the team.

The answers to all your questions are in there and it would help you to understand what the devs are trying to achieve.

Look at the charts since exchange launch, the line is incredibly flat, this is what the devs were trying to achieve in the early stages. Now look at DOGE or Maza, the graphs are insane and a lot of people have lost a lot of money. I was speaking to a guy yesterday who put 42BTC into maza at it's height - now he has something to bitch about.

If you want to be a millionaire overnight this is not the coin for you. If you want to invest in a coin that has a genuine chance of being long-term and used in the real-world - well, read the white paper.
sussex

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

According to some simple math i did, over 50% of total AIR supply has changed hands.. I see it as a good thing. 50% of people have now bought at a higher price, and will hold until they see their profits.

I firmly believe we have seen the end of it. Expect big things out of the price in the coming weeks.

Perhaps we were a bit too optimistic at the start and a handful of whales took advatange of us.

Me too, is it possible that someone is dumping and re-buying just to dump at a loss again? I realise this happens all the time, but usually for profit, whereas these dumps are costing the dumpers by the looks of it.
sussex

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:52:34 PM

Dump alert, someone just dumped down to .001

Well that was certainly short sighted of them.... I sure wish I had BTC capital...

A couple of thoughts about that dump:

a) One potential volume dumper has been and gone and his coins have been spread out across a larger user base. Good

b) What a stupid way to dump or was it fat-fingers?

c) Perhaps it was a test (Joerii, are you there?). Maybe the dumper was expecting airbot to step in and give him a higher price. I do hope it's this one Smiley

Whatever it was, it was a tiny blip, no problems......... as you were.

Ha, no i'm done test-dumping. I'm all buy buy buy now.

BTW why are you not in the AIRchat yet ? I pm'ed yah Wink

Had to run a 300 mile taxi service for my daughter last night  Roll Eyes so couldn't get to airchat.

I will be there tonight assuming I can lay-low from the kids for awhile....  Grin
scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:54:39 PM

Me too, is it possible that someone is dumping and re-buying just to dump at a loss again? I realise this happens all the time, but usually for profit, whereas these dumps are costing the dumpers by the looks of it.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. Some poor whale lost some money to AIRcoin stabilizing bots Smiley

Let it be a warning to all future whales who try to manipulate the market system.

Poloniex Moderator
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

Please quit the empty phrases of stability at this point. It may have recovered from each dump, but not a single time to the price it was previously. Price is still going down, not up. 10-15% every day since listed.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 05:08:59 PM by AIRcoin

As explained in the previous post, this is exactly what is happening:

1. The inflation rate is steady, at ~2700 AIR per day
2. The Pool growth is steady. ~-300 AIR per day
3. The Demand is moving. (new users, currently not a large factor)
4. The supply is moving. (dumping, which is a large factor)

The inflation rate and the pool growth rate should bring the demand and supply in equilibrium to keep the exchange rate flat, plus a little to raise it slowly. However, they, which are supposed to respond to supply and demand, are instead very very out of balance (.5 BTC per day VS 5 BTC per day). This is because the pool cannot grow fast enough (exchange volume is too small) and the block reward does not change because we cannot implement the variable block reward on only one exchange (or we would risk, much worse, instability in the code).

The team is deciding exactly how to combat this, and it will either involve adjustments to the block reward or expenditure toward affecting the other 2 factors in the system. The first solution would come along with KGW adjustments to address concerns with the pulsating difficulty. Both of these are an attempt to provide a more realistic equilibrium, given that the current reward was chosen based on estimates from 3 weeks ago before the coin had launched.

In those estimates, we assumed a larger exchange volume, a lower rate of selling by miners, and a higher amount of new users and initial demand. The other solutions will involve capital spent (out-of-pocket, not the premine, as that would crash the market) on coding, media and exchanges to implement long-term solutions that raise the 24h volume and allow us to eventually implement the variable block reward. If we bought coins, that would be a short-term and very silly way, since, in one way, the equation is currently out of balance. Dumping BTC or AIR on either side does not make it self-sustaining.

It is not really a matter of panic or instability, if we did not have the investment pool at all, the price and volume would be much lower (~.001 and 10 BTC/day) and far more volatile. But a matter of underestimated rates. These last two days have given us enough data to experiment with to know, definitively, what economic forces are in play. As of today, we completely understand the problem and it's just a matter of deciding how to use our resources to reverse the trend, as explained before, there are quite a few options.

We are still deciding exactly what to do, and new options may present themselves, but those are the most viable solutions currently. Expect a definitive answer soon.

If you are worried about losing BTC, I will repeat looking toward the investment pool, which is growing despite the downturn in the market, as a demonstration on how to make profit in a downturn market.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: