Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:09:26 AM

Hey guys I've been mining at air.ctrlaltdefeated and this message just popped up so i figured i would let every one know about it. "Probably going to shut this pool down today instead of upgrading to the new wallet. If you guys would please start withdrawing your coins so that I don't need to manually pay everyone out it would be appreciated."

ffs seriously @ctrlaltdefeated ?

you suck!

Just signed up and started mining on Carbonshark and Cryptopool no problems and they have a lower hashrate so are good choices to spread the hash out more evenly.

I won't be using any ctrlaltdefeated pools again, it sounded like a hissy fit.
flinchy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:58:36 AM

Hey guys I've been mining at air.ctrlaltdefeated and this message just popped up so i figured i would let every one know about it. "Probably going to shut this pool down today instead of upgrading to the new wallet. If you guys would please start withdrawing your coins so that I don't need to manually pay everyone out it would be appreciated."

you suck!

Just signed up and started mining on Carbonshark and Cryptopool no problems and they have a lower hashrate so are good choices to spread the hash out more evenly.

yeah not the mature response i woulda preferred lol, i'll be swapping pools in a few hours when i finish work...
sussex

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:23:28 AM

Don't forget to show your support... (Not with spamming in troll-boxes. Actual support.)

Add this line to your signature, if it is not already filled with useless support things that don't actually support you...
Code:
[b][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476383.0]AIRcoin[/url]: A coin built with long-term market stability and investment in mind.[/b]
Take all the AIR you need, there will be enough for everyone to use. Traded at [url=https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_air]Poloniex Exchange[/url].
Though, supplies are limited at the moment. Invest wisely, AIR is worth holding.

If you are not sure where to find your signature editing area...
Here is the link: Forum Profile

It will look like this when you add it to your profile signature.
AIRcoin: A coin built with long-term market stability and investment in mind.
Take all the AIR you need, there will be enough for everyone to use. Traded at Poloniex Exchange.
Though, supplies are limited at the moment. Invest wisely, AIR is worth holding.

I would, but I fear it would just invite trolls here getting their own back for opinions I may have expressed elsewhere  Wink
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:28:41 AM

I would, but I fear it would just invite trolls here getting their own back for opinions I may have expressed elsewhere  Wink

Tongue Make a new profile.. A calmer one. Tongue
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:48:42 AM

you suck!

Glad to have you on-board... Carbon Shark Admin

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:43:07 AM

+1 carbonshark has been very stable and secure.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:50:53 AM

+1 carbonshark has been very stable and secure.

I thank you for the compliment.

We did have a small issue with a DDOS attack on the 18th. We were on it quickly.

CtrlAltDefeated

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:15:47 AM

you suck!

Wow thats a bit unwarranted. Both you guys have had 0 fee's for as long as the pool has been around. I've just started a second job and don't have time to maintain pools any longer. If one of the miners hadn't brought the wallet update to my attention I likely wouldn't have even known and we probably would have forked. Would you have preffered that happen instead? Air is the only one of my pools that has any hashrate at all and taking a look at my server cost it was fast becoming an expensive hobby. It should be noted that out of the 9 miners left on my pool only 5 of them are paying fee's and its been that way for weeks now. I'm not a bussiness and I cannot afford to run at a cost.

As far as a "mature" response goes, There's not a whole lot I can fit into that small message box that gets the point across and doesn't make me sound like an asshole.

Thanks for the appreciation though.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:21:11 AM

Thanks for the pool while it lasted crtlaltdefeated. I know how it is to work a full time job on top of part time crypto trading/mining.
sussex

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:22:18 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 04:37:06 AM by sussex

you suck!

Wow thats a bit unwarranted. Both you guys have had 0 fee's for as long as the pool has been around. I've just started a second job and don't have time to maintain pools any longer. If one of the miners hadn't brought the wallet update to my attention I likely wouldn't have even known and we probably would have forked. Would you have preffered that happen instead? Air is the only one of my pools that has any hashrate at all and taking a look at my server cost it was fast becoming an expensive hobby.

As far as a "mature" response goes, There's not a whole lot I can fit into that small message box that gets the point across and doesn't make me sound like an asshole.

Errr, no, I was mining at 1% and donating 1%, as I always do.

My problem was with the tone of your announcement. No explanation and it sounded like you were pissed off at the coin or the miners.

Anyway, fair enough if you're too busy, but it might have been an idea to express that on the pool,  I apologise for getting on my high horse (I look good on a horse  Grin)
CtrlAltDefeated

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:34:40 AM

Well my mistake. Apologies. At any rate I'm limited to how many characters I can use for that message and rather than waste it explaining why I was shutting the pool down I thought it a better idea to let users know that it was shutting down and that they should withdraw their coins. I'm sorry that this offended you.

I only left the AIR pool running (all my other pools were shut down a week ago) to support the coin as I believe that AIR has potential. During the entire time I only collected the pool bounty twice and that amounted to a grand total of about 11 AIR. I feel I've done my part to support this community and to be called out on not being able to do it any longer is not a nice feeling.

I've been mining on pools that have just dissapeared into thin air and have taken my coins with them which might be worth your consideration. I don't want this degrading into a flame war so with that I'll say So Long and thanks for all the fish (there wasn't really any fish though Smiley )
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

It's rare to see a flamewar turn into a love fest.

Peace brothers !

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
coinme.info

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:19:52 AM

Wow thats a bit unwarranted. Both you guys have had 0 fee's for as long as the pool has been around. I've just started a second job and don't have time to maintain pools any longer. If one of the miners hadn't brought the wallet update to my attention I likely wouldn't have even known and we probably would have forked. Would you have preffered that happen instead? Air is the only one of my pools that has any hashrate at all and taking a look at my server cost it was fast becoming an expensive hobby. It should be noted that out of the 9 miners left on my pool only 5 of them are paying fee's and its been that way for weeks now. I'm not a bussiness and I cannot afford to run at a cost.

It's a shame to see the only Australasian pool close down so suddenly, as it was a good pool and I mined with you a lot over the last couple of weeks as you are my closest pool by 100ms. I contributed the 1% fee and donated 1% as well to show some appreciation for your effort. I would have increased my donation % if I'd known you needed more support to share the server costs.

I'm really sorry to hear you can't run the pool any longer but I can understand your time is valuable and right now running the pool is just an extra time and financial burden you don't need by the sounds of it.

Thanks for explaining your situation and all the best for your future!

PS I just set my donation to 100% on your pool and will leave a miner on it till you close to help out with the servers costs. Can you post your AIR address so I can send some extra AIR as well.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:38:37 AM

It's a shame to see the only Australasian pool close down so suddenly, as it was a good pool and I mined with you a lot over the last couple of weeks as you are my closest pool by 100ms. I contributed the 1% fee and donated 1% as well to show some appreciation for your effort. I would have increased my donation % if I'd known you needed more support to share the server costs.

I'm really sorry to hear you can't run the pool any longer but I can understand your time is valuable and right now running the pool is just an extra time and financial burden you don't need by the sounds of it.

Thanks for explaining your situation and all the best for your future!

PS I just set my donation to 100% on your pool and will leave a miner on it till you close to help out with the servers costs. Can you post your AIR address so I can send some extra AIR as well.

I got 50 AIR with your pools name on it (ctrlaltdefeated), and I don't even mine there!

Gimme an address to send it to.
gambitminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:42:50 AM

Well my mistake. Apologies. At any rate I'm limited to how many characters I can use for that message and rather than waste it explaining why I was shutting the pool down I thought it a better idea to let users know that it was shutting down and that they should withdraw their coins. I'm sorry that this offended you.

I only left the AIR pool running (all my other pools were shut down a week ago) to support the coin as I believe that AIR has potential. During the entire time I only collected the pool bounty twice and that amounted to a grand total of about 11 AIR. I feel I've done my part to support this community and to be called out on not being able to do it any longer is not a nice feeling.

I've been mining on pools that have just dissapeared into thin air and have taken my coins with them which might be worth your consideration. I don't want this degrading into a flame war so with that I'll say So Long and thanks for all the fish (there wasn't really any fish though Smiley )

Thanks for the good service and 0% pool fees while I was mining AIR. Sorry I didn't donate more than 1%.
Your pool was always stable and I don't remember having any issues except maybe a bit of downtime at some point. I just pointed 2.1 mhash there and set the donation to 100%.. feel free to keep whatever AIR it generates up until you shut down. (Although if you decide to keep the pool open indefinitely, I may reconsider that  Wink)

EDIT: *I mine under a different name. Hopefully you'll be able to tell which one I am by looking at the back end, so you know I'm not just blowing smoke.
OmarG

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:55:41 AM

1% decrease update is going to make p2pool a bit harder to make. Time to start now haha

Canadian P2Pools: http://omargpools.ca/
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:00:35 AM

1% decrease update is going to make p2pool a bit harder to make. Time to start now haha

Um, it's 50% + 1%...

But you are right... time to cash-out and get out, or muster-up and catch the discounted coins that are listed on the sell-order list. Tongue

I got my BTC ready and an order set to buy 2,000,000 AIR... Also got an order in to sell at 0.1 BTC/AIR... Lets fly!
buddymoon94

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:02:10 AM

Aww how nice of you guys to donate to ctrl alt defeated, i was just getting ready to chime in and tell you guys that he is really a pretty nice guy and that hes not an ignorant ass hole, he just sounds like one cause hes an aussie, but i guess you guys already figured that out...

Please support the LGC team by mining at http://lgc.x11pools.com:8652/ 100% of the fee goes to the LGC development team!
CtrlAltDefeated

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:03:30 AM

wow you guys are awesome. Server is paid up until the 27th (26th for the guys over in the States) so I'll keep it running until then. Please keep your donations guys I'm not asking for handouts and I now feel terrible.

I'll set pool fee's at 0% for the rest of the week. Much love guys  Kiss
gambitminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:12:24 AM

wow you guys are awesome. Server is paid up until the 27th (26th for the guys over in the States) so I'll keep it running until then. Please keep your donations guys I'm not asking for handouts and I now feel terrible.

I'll set pool fee's at 0% for the rest of the week. Much love guys  Kiss

Just paying honor where honor is due...

I probably can't keep the miner there that long anyway (couple interesting coin launches coming up)
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: