Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137233 times)
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

We have started an AIRcoin Thunderclap to raise awareness of the coin. It will go on for the next 24 hours, and if it reaches 100 supporters, should help get many people interested. We repeat, the best thing you can do for AIRcoin right now is to expand its influence, and get as many people aware of it as possible!

If the 24h volume of AIRcoin can get high enough that ~10 BTC can be leveraged (instead of 2 BTC right now) we should be able to counteract all of the inflation currently pushing the exchange rate down. This will mean having a 24h volume between 40 and 60 BTC/day, which is about what AIRcoin had on days 1 and 2. Once we pass that threshold, combined with the wallet update, we should be self-sustaining and have no further inflation.

Additionally, the AIRcoin team has begun to collaborate with development teams of other coins to bring the investment system to other innovative Altcoins, particularly ones that use the money they generate to fund scientific, philanthrophic, or other beneficial endeavors.

We just created a thunderclap, it is currently pending.

Alexander is currently in the AIRcoin chatroom, and is discussing ways to improve the wallet update, as well as plans for rectifying the investment pool growth vs inflation issue.
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:09:02 PM

So if I'm understanding things correctly, the whole technical mumbo jumbo is out of the question right? There was no "stabilizing algorithm" and there certainly hasn't been any "constant growth" as postulated. All that has happened is dev secrecy and miners dumping. Awesome.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:17:27 PM

We have started an AIRcoin Thunderclap to raise awareness of the coin. It will go on for the next 24 hours, and if it reaches 100 supporters, should help get many people interested. We repeat, the best thing you can do for AIRcoin right now is to expand its influence, and get as many people aware of it as possible!

If the 24h volume of AIRcoin can get high enough that ~10 BTC can be leveraged (instead of 2 BTC right now) we should be able to counteract all of the inflation currently pushing the exchange rate down. This will mean having a 24h volume between 40 and 60 BTC/day, which is about what AIRcoin had on days 1 and 2. Once we pass that threshold, combined with the wallet update, we should be self-sustaining and have no further inflation.

Additionally, the AIRcoin team has begun to collaborate with development teams of other coins to bring the investment system to other innovative Altcoins, particularly ones that use the money they generate to fund scientific, philanthrophic, or other beneficial endeavors.

We just created a thunderclap, it is currently pending.

Alexander is currently in the AIRcoin chatroom, and is discussing ways to improve the wallet update, as well as plans for rectifying the investment pool growth vs inflation issue.

good call on the thunderclap, i will check it out.
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:29:43 PM

Oh, no. Just as I get in, you start to sell away (or give away) your system? The only reason I bought the coin was for that!

Now, everyone is going to have it? What are you doing, for cripes sake! The coin is not listed for a week and you are on to new projects already? WTF!!!!

Why in the world are you "collaborating" with other coins? Please don't insult with some answer about doing "good" for the world.
slyA

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Oh, no. Just as I get in, you start to sell away (or give away) your system? The only reason I bought the coin was for that!

Now, everyone is going to have it? What are you doing, for cripes sake! The coin is not listed for a week and you are on to new projects already? WTF!!!!

Why in the world are you "collaborating" with other coins? Please don't insult with some answer about doing "good" for the world.

Because they're out of options. None of their promises have been fulfilled. Not one. I bought in based on reccomendation by some users here nad even encouraged some on poloniex to get the coin. Now the coin is going down the drain.

The devs have not provided proof of their "trading algorithm". All we see is people dumping chunks when there is supposed to be a scarcity of coins. No lobbies for other exchanges, not even mintpal. This is an unfortunate experiment that has lost me money. Lesson learned.

And before some self-righteous cunt comes and tells me "it was your fault for makin a bad trade" you can fuck right off. At least I know which coin to cross of my list.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:43:34 PM

Because they're out of options. None of their promises have been fulfilled. Not one. I bought in based on reccomendation by some users here nad even encouraged some on poloniex to get the coin. Now the coin is going down the drain.

The devs have not provided proof of their "trading algorithm". All we see is people dumping chunks when there is supposed to be a scarcity of coins. No lobbies for other exchanges, not even mintpal. This is an unfortunate experiment that has lost me money. Lesson learned.

And before some self-righteous cunt comes and tells me "it was your fault for makin a bad trade" you can fuck right off. At least I know which coin to cross of my list.

Do you realize that you are speculating DOWN the price of a coin you hold? Are you trying to light a fire under the devs asses? Because I highly doubt this approach will work to get your point heard. Offer suggestions, but please leave out the negative opinion that "None of their promises have been fulfilled" because surely you must know that this is not fact. If there are things being done you don't like, I understand but you may want to not negate all the good. Unless of course you hate money and want to contribute to the FUD that pushes markets down.
JTB800

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:50:02 PM

Yes, they were and are a little too aggressive with their promises, especially since it is clear that many in this thread don't have the faintest idea what they are talking about. It has caused unnecessary confusion.

But, the first week has been solid, I think. it is already in the top 25 in market cap and has generally traded above their stated goals/prediction of .00115. Considering that miners just want to dump, I was very impressed actually.

And their basic concept is great and, in my opinion, doable.

Which is why this announcement that they are "collaborating" with other coins is so discouraging. That takes effort in addition to the fact that as they are giving away (selling) the system it will not make AIR coin unique.
slyA

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:53:18 PM

Do you realize that you are speculating DOWN the price of a coin you hold? Are you trying to light a fire under the devs asses? Because I highly doubt this approach will work to get your point heard. Offer suggestions, but please leave out the negative opinion that "None of their promises have been fulfilled" because surely you must know that this is not fact. If there are things being done you don't like, I understand but you may want to not negate all the good. Unless of course you hate money and want to contribute to the FUD that pushes markets down.

Oh get outta here with the head in sand rhetoric. It is a fact. None of the claims the devs made have been fulfilled, the coins price is self evident. If speculating down is the new "ignore it" then just say it. Tell me 1 promise the devs made that has been fulfilled, JUST 1. I'll wait.
slyA

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:56:12 PM

You do understand that it opened to top 25 due to their 2.5 million premine right? it had nothing to do with what they did right in any sense. Their "numbers" have yirlded nothing and all the dumps have been blamed on the ever elusive miners. All questions asked have been met with fanatical "trust the devs" answers and any negative is regarded as FUD.
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:03:34 PM

So much negativity around here.

This week has been a slow week for crypto because bitcoin is dipping a bit currently, down around 10 - 15% in the past few days. This caused most coins to decline in value.

While I am disappointed that Aircoin's value didn't skyrocket, but it is evident that it was it is stable around 0.0014~5 range despite massive dumps. Whether it be Aircoin's Team effort or something else, stability is the key to this coin.

I'm actually happy to see that more people are tweeting about Aircoin and a marketing push is definintely needed.

While I am dissatisfied with the mining profitability, but it is the same as mining dogecoin and other popular coins that have similar stability in prices due to large community.

For Aircoin to rise, and as others have said, we need to spread the word. I think we are slowly gaining traction from the social media side. And now even multi pools are targeting us, which means the name is out there and others do see some potentials in it.

Collaboration with other altcoins doesn't seem like a bad idea. After all, we are a small coin and working with other coins can help us create a larger pool and marketing platform. At one point feathercoin and phoenix coin's value peaked because they were helping each other out through their alliance. If we learn from their mistakes maybe Aircoin can be a major player sooner.

I anxious to recover my mining costs and in an immediate sense, it is slower than anticipated. However, there are evidence that the AirCoin team is doing what they are suppose to do so I'm happy to wait for a bit longer for good results.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
JTB800

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:08:18 PM

You do understand that it opened to top 25 due to their 2.5 million premine right? it had nothing to do with what they did right in any sense. Their "numbers" have yirlded nothing and all the dumps have been blamed on the ever elusive miners. All questions asked have been met with fanatical "trust the devs" answers and any negative is regarded as FUD.

What it opened at is irrelevant. A little excitement followed quickly by the miners cashing in. Whoo--hoo, what else is new. The front page said they expected an approximate .00115 value. It has exceeded that every single day except for quick dumps here and there.

Again, I think they have made promises that were unnecessary, but the whole idea of this coin is not short term.

I have been with them every step of the way when it comes to the general concept though.

And now, I will acknowledge, they have given the complainers more ammunition with this "collaboration" comment. Sometimes, I wonder if these developers actually believe in their own coin when I see something like that.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:29:00 PM

What it opened at is irrelevant. A little excitement followed quickly by the miners cashing in. Whoo--hoo, what else is new. The front page said they expected an approximate .00115 value. It has exceeded that every single day except for quick dumps here and there.

Again, I think they have made promises that were unnecessary, but the whole idea of this coin is not short term.

I have been with them every step of the way when it comes to the general concept though.

And now, I will acknowledge, they have given the complainers more ammunition with this "collaboration" comment. Sometimes, I wonder if these developers actually believe in their own coin when I see something like that.

The two of you are misunderstanding me. I am not doubting that there are legitimate problems/concerns, etc. I am simply stating that there are things that were promised that they have come through on, including some things not promised, such as more transparency. I never said "trust the devs." You are selectively reading my comment. I will say it again, you have every right to express the concerns and contribute to the improvement of the coin. This includes criticism. Again THIS INCLUDES CRITICISM. I am just trying to say that there is no point in not approaching it in a constructive manner. Focusing on some of the potential of this coin while shedding light on the problems may help you avoid pushing the prices down further. "FUD" is very real and what you have to say contributes to it if not done with a level head. Now, there were reasons you were attracted to this investment in the first place, right? Lay out where you would like to see this go and mention what you believe the barriers to "furthering" success to be. This is a discussion forum after all. I do not intend to inflict harm on anyone's ego. I hear you. I just ask that you consider that others hold this investment and wish to take steps forward if we fall back, not take two more steps back with self inflicted wounds.
JTB800

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:51:27 PM

The two of you are misunderstanding me. I am not doubting that there are legitimate problems/concerns, etc. I am simply stating that there are things that were promised that they have come through on, including some things not promised, such as more transparency. I never said "trust the devs." You are selectively reading my comment. I will say it again, you have every right to express the concerns and contribute to the improvement of the coin. This includes criticism. Again THIS INCLUDES CRITICISM. I am just trying to say that there is no point in not approaching it in a constructive manner. Focusing on some of the potential of this coin while shedding light on the problems may help you avoid pushing the prices down further. "FUD" is very real and what you have to say contributes to it if not done with a level head. Now, there were reasons you were attracted to this investment in the first place, right? Lay out where you would like to see this go and mention what you believe the barriers to "furthering" success to be. This is a discussion forum after all. I do not intend to inflict harm on anyone's ego. I hear you. I just ask that you consider that others hold this investment and wish to take steps forward if we fall back, not take two more steps back with self inflicted wounds.

I am not "misunderstanding" you at all. In fact, I haven't even addressed you once. I am unclear why you are lecturing me about any of this -- Have you actually read any of these posts?

I just got done buying AIR and I therefore obviously liked it (as I said in my previous posts!).

But, this "collaboration" stuff is BS and I am not going to pretend that it is not. And, as I just bought my first AIR coins a mere couple of hours ago, I have no reason to want the coin to go down in value.

It is a problem and a serious one. Now, maybe their efforts are somehow going to benefit AIR coin directly and if that is the case, I am all ears. Otherwise it is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, whether you consider it talking down the coin or not.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:56:14 PM

Apologies if you were not in that conversation with me, your statements seemed directed right in response, but you indeed were only quoted in the responses to me. I just think that people fail to ask themselves what they intend to achieve with their posts sometimes and if there approach will be successful. If you clearly thought it through then I would not want to imply that you hadn't
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:06:37 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 08:34:07 PM by andyatcrux

Oh get outta here with the head in sand rhetoric. It is a fact. None of the claims the devs made have been fulfilled, the coins price is self evident. If speculating down is the new "ignore it" then just say it. Tell me 1 promise the devs made that has been fulfilled, JUST 1. I'll wait.

Aside from NOT pushing this coin onto a bunch of exchanges (which seems to be a concern of yours, though the devs made it clear that they would not add it too many exchanges too fast which many are beginning to realize will kill a long term investment), providing a stable client, daily updates on this thread, etc., a promise was that they could in effect see a realized gain of 5% in a week was kept. The starting valuation was .0015 and a week after hitting the exchange it was indeed at around .001575. It is down now but will not be surprised if it is at .00165375 in another week. The gains they are projecting in 3 months are realistically obtainable. Oh and the promise that this coin would not go parobolic was kept, though I am getting the sense that many were hoping this was a lie.

from the OP: "Allied Investors trading floor, utilizing existing Cryptocurrency markets, can increase the rate by 5% per week. This approximately doubles the exchange rate every 3 months."

I will not complain if it is worth .0033075 in 3 months.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:25:48 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 09:56:04 PM by sussex

I am not "misunderstanding" you at all. In fact, I haven't even addressed you once. I am unclear why you are lecturing me about any of this -- Have you actually read any of these posts?

I just got done buying AIR and I therefore obviously liked it (as I said in my previous posts!).

But, this "collaboration" stuff is BS and I am not going to pretend that it is not. And, as I just bought my first AIR coins a mere couple of hours ago, I have no reason to want the coin to go down in value.

It is a problem and a serious one. Now, maybe their efforts are somehow going to benefit AIR coin directly and if that is the case, I am all ears. Otherwise it is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, whether you consider it talking down the coin or not.

I also think this "collaboration stuff" is questionable, surely Air should be up on it's feet before embarking on another experiment?

I am open to any explanations that this will help Aircoin, but I am failing to see how it can.

EDIT:

Ok, I have been out all evening and have just looked at the price on Poloniex for the first time - I'm disappointed, the price has been hovering around .001 for a while. Sorry to say it, but I should have dumped - my investment has halved. I won't make that mistake again.

So, I am holding several thousands of Air, watched the price halve and there is talk of giving/selling the ONLY unique selling point of Air to other coins who already have selling points of their own (why would I invest in Air if the same performance can be gained on other, already vaguely popular coins?) - it's fair to say I am now considering my position, as it stands now I can get out with a small profit.

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:39:58 PM

It really only takes one whale at this point to get interested in AIRcoin. Buys up a bunch and then drives the price up steadily for a while. Still kind of annoyed about the dumps. It seems really ridiculous, this thread has had barely any attention and the people mining AIR have been vocal about it pretty much, so who is dumping? A bit of market interest for a top 25 coin shouldn't be that hard to generate. The AIR devs seem to oppose putting BTC into AIRcoin but lowering block rewards probably works better on popular coins which already have market interest. Putting a bit of BTC into air right now (and it takes only about 6.5 BTC to buy it up to 0.002) is a good way to attract attention  and keep those who have already invested happy. Am I wrong? And why?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:48:09 PM

I think we need the devs to weigh in here. Price now down to .00105.. I think we need an explanation, and a course of action. I'm out of BTC to buy any more at this point. I have to wait for some more BTC to come in to my account, then I can buy some more cheap AIR.

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

There nothing the DEV's or anyone can do now... people started to panic!! everybody will be dumping and I'm sure someone will profit with it, someone is playing his cards right now..

As for me I will hold on and let the storm go away. (nothing else i can do really  Cool
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:58:29 PM

Looks like the bots are coming to the rescue..climbing S L O W L Y... There is still time for someone to buy cheap AIR..

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: