Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:22:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:53:44 PM

Please wait patiently. I assure you, no body has anything to worry about.

The dev team has everything under control. Stay tuned for good news folks.

Who are you?

I'm just a supporter of AIR. I addressed the concerns of the forum to Team members earlier today. We had a long discussion. I won't say it, He is writing the announcement as we speak.

I shared many of the concerns of most of you, but our conversation cleared everything up.

They truly have been listening all along, and i still believe they have this under control.

ALL of your concerns will be addressed shortly...

Disclaimer : I AM NOT PART OF TEAM AIR COIN, MERELY A SUPPORTER LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE BLESSED WITH A CONVERSATION WITH TEAM MEMBERS

Poloniex Moderator
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:54:19 PM

Who are you?

I'm just a supporter of AIR. I addressed the concerns of the forum to Team members earlier today. We had a long discussion. I won't say it, He is writing the announcement as we speak.

I shared many of the concerns of most of you, but our conversation cleared everything up.

They truly have been listening all along, and i still believe they have this under control.

Disclaimer : I AM NOT PART OF TEAM AIR COIN, MERELY A SUPPORTER LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE BLESSED WITH A CONVERSATION WITH TEAM MEMBERS

Can confirm...Was there. Anyone selling now might just end up having a crappy day.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:56:22 PM

Who are you?

Can confirm...Was there. Anyone selling now might just end up having a crappy day.

Fair play you guys, thanks for letting us know.
scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Who are you?

Fair play you guys, thanks for letting us know.

Not a problem ! I also had a sinking feeling in my stomach watching the markets today. Didn't want anyone doing anything irrational. Still confident in my investment. Even considering grabbing loads more cheap air ( although i really did spend an unhealthy amount of btc on AIR already.. )

Poloniex Moderator
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:02:01 AM

We are working on an announcement. This is what we are going to make statements on:

1. Collaboration with other coins
2. AIRcoin business, location, and background
3. The new wallet
4. The plan for the next 4 weeks.

Give us a few hours to get everything put together. This is the biggest announcement our team has made and we want to do it very precisely and correctly to make sure that no one misinterprets it.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:02:12 AM

Buy Orders    Total: 4.236252 BTC
Price   AIR   BTC
0.00095   28.64703925   0.02721468
0.0009   110   0.099
0.00085   116.94142352   0.09940020
0.00082   350   0.287
0.0008   322.5141625   0.25801133
0.00073   150   0.1095
0.000703   200   0.1406
0.0007   117.55612857   0.08228928
0.0005   200   0.1
0.0003   200   0.06
0.00022   200   0.044
0.00021   1000   0.21
0.0002   1065.52355   0.21310471
0.00015   333.33333333   0.04999999
0.0001   22467.81819999   2.24678181
0.00009990   1000   0.0999
0.00009900   1000   0.099
0.00002000   22.5   0.00045
0.00001000   1000   0.01

Tongue The bold one is mine... It's there to discourage a super-cash-out!
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:16:48 AM

We are working on an announcement. This is what we are going to make statements on:

3. The new wallet

Give us a few hours to get everything put together. This is the biggest announcement our team has made and we want to do it very precisely and correctly to make sure that no one misinterprets it.

Finally, exactly what air needs, a nice pdf document! Cause those have been really good for the exchange rate.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:24:04 AM

3. The new wallet

Finally, exactly what air needs, a nice pdf document! Cause those have been really good for the exchange rate.

Give it a rest. They are working hard to address your concerns.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:37:11 AM

I know the fundamentals are strong and I am encouraging people to hold/buy. Hell, I can't resist these prices, gonna scrounge up a little BTC.
What do you mean by "the fundamentals are strong"?
Usually this language might be used when analysing a company. One might look at earnings, earnings growth, price to earnings ratio, discounted cash flow, or quite a few other metrics.
But how does one measure the "fundamentals" of Aircoin? And what is the relationship between these "fundamentals" and the Aircoin price?
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:32:34 AM

I need to stfu. But honestly, you tend to give out reasonable responses and maybe I've been an ass but can you guys at least answer why it's not a good idea to buy 5-6 BTC of air with the dev/pool money? It would put the price right where it was and people would feel way safer plus the market cap would double.

Can you please answer this?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Juicemixer

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:35:35 AM

I'd buy more if I haven't already purchased 2 btc worth. Now I think I'll just hold and see what happens.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:41:58 AM

I know the fundamentals are strong and I am encouraging people to hold/buy. Hell, I can't resist these prices, gonna scrounge up a little BTC.
What do you mean by "the fundamentals are strong"?
Usually this language might be used when analysing a company. One might look at earnings, earnings growth, price to earnings ratio, discounted cash flow, or quite a few other metrics.
But how does one measure the "fundamentals" of Aircoin? And what is the relationship between these "fundamentals" and the Aircoin price?

I was using it broadly. Given the amount of data generated by the devs one could say that for an altcoin it has strong fundamentals, but it of course could use further technical analysis.

The Fundamentals of Fundamentals
In the broadest terms, fundamental analysis involves looking at any data, besides the trading patterns of the stock itself, which can be expected to impact the price or perceived value of a stock. As the name implies, it means getting down to basics. Unlike its cousin, technical analysis, which focuses only on the trading and price history of a stock, fundamental analysis focuses on creating a portrait of a company, identifying the intrinsic, or fundamental, value of its shares and buying or selling the stock based on that information.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:42:47 AM

I need to stfu. But honestly, you tend to give out reasonable responses and maybe I've been an ass but can you guys at least answer why it's not a good idea to buy 5-6 BTC of air with the dev/pool money? It would put the price right where it was and people would feel way safer plus the market cap would double.

That would be a completely artificial jump in the price and there is no guarantee it would benefit the pool or the coin in the long run.  It would simply allow people to sell their coins at a higher rate.  Now obviously there are more than just the pool buying AIR but don't you think getting as much as possible at as low a price as you can is a better strategy than continually pumping the price up for people to dump?  That is how i see it.
rhui

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:45:51 AM

Today price in poloniex is dropping quite a bit...when would dev team stable it back to 0.0018? btw  wht level is the dev team aiming? lack of transparency.... Huh

I AM A DNOTES FAN THE COIN ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:46:39 AM

Sounds like a plan, let me move my sell-spot lower first...

I'll throw 6 BTC worth of AIR volume just below yours. It will be a race to the bottom!

Why don't YOU throw 5-6 BTC at the exchange... It would put the price right where it was, and people would feel way safer as they watch someone-else besides them get the BTC. Plus, market-cap is a useless statistic. 2,500,000 of that cap is not real. (Earned)

Take the total coins in existence... 2,593,558
Now remove the "premine coins"... 2,500,000
This is what is in "earned coins"... 93,558

Now take all the BTC available to "purchase that debt/earning"... 4.85254219 BTC
Now divide that "value/worth" by the total "earned coins"... 4.85254219 BTC / 93,558 AIR = 0.0000518666 BTC/AIR
Now translate that into dollars... @ $600/BTC = $0.03111996 per AIR (This is the value of AIR, based on supply/demand.)

All the coins earned (93,558 AIR) are worth (@$600/BTC @ 4.85254219 BTC = $2911.525314 USD)

This is if everyone cashed out, and I purchased all the coins myself. Excluding the DEVs. Tongue Not everyone would get the same average value, obviously. Though, in all fairness, all coins are not worth the same value. The harder coins are worth more, the easier obtained coins are worth less. There is still a lot of easily obtained coins to "get rid of". Once those are gone, then it is "your turn". Or you could always find another method of exchange. Nobody is forcing you to sell at any price, or use the exchange. Buy on the exchange, and sell off the exchange. Poof, instant non-damaging sale. If you are cashing-out, and complaining about not being able to cash-out. You are not INVESTING. You are leaving or attempting to TRADE for value. (To trade for value is to take advantage of another's loss, for your own potential gains.)

(Adding another 4-5 BTC would only double that, but would barely impact the value of the "market cap" of 2,593,558 coins.)

The only solution is to get more interest in the coin, so more people are interested in BUYING for INVESTMENT. (New BTC "demand")

It has only been a week on the exchange. Nothing is stopping you from selling it anywhere. Complaining about people not buying your coins is like yelling at the television for your football team to win. That is you, not doing anything to give your holdings value. You are not even allowing the team time to get value added to the coin.

If you want to do nothing to increase your value, then don't expect it to rise for you. (Though, it might, it will not be by anything you have done. You will just be leaching off the efforts of others. I have no sympathy for people in that situation. Sit back and enjoy the ride, where-ever it takes you. Since you have no intention of driving. That, or turn over your coins to the AIR-team directly, and see if they can flip your coins for you, for a cut of the funds. Oh, that's right YOU want to NOT-CONTROL YOUR coins... Then, keep doing what you do.)

Reduced reward does nothing for market-value, moving forward, if there are never any new BTC supply coming in. (Spending BTC that was already here, which was "captured", adding it back to the market, has no impact. Old coins + new coins = total coins. The total supply keeps growing, even if you cut reward down to 0.00001 per coin. You would NEVER be able to keep-up with just recycling captured BTC. That eventually makes those flat-lines you see in a graph. Everyone trading back and forth until no-one can trade for a gain.)

Did you add the support signature to your profile? I am sure that does not require much effort, and has a great silent effortless potential to gain some interest for you INVESTMENT. (PM me, and I will link you to the original post with the COPY/PASTE code to add. Looks like my signature below, but you can change it to taste.)
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:59:17 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 04:11:13 AM by AIRcoin

1. The New Incoming Wallet

The first big news is of the new wallet. Because of what is about to be revealed in this post, and how important it is for the future of AIRcoin, we are going to hold off the new wallet for at least a few more hours, and release it in the morning. The last thing we want is for any bugfixing or issues to arise, because we expect a rush of new downloads after this news gets out.

But, the wallet we have to release currently has the following:

Dark Gravity Wave: Our team actually had a test version that implemented Digishield too, but we decided that Dark Gravity Wave was the better choice for difficulty adjustment after doing some testing. This makes AIRcoin only one of a few wallets that has this cutting-edge adjustment software. With this and our own tweaks, we should be completely safe from the timewarp exploit as well as changing hashrates.

The block reward will be reduced, as well as diminishing at 1% every day. This will continue until the new adjustable exchange-rate based blockreward is implemented. This is simply a manual attempt at adjusting the block reward according to the exchange rate.

We have a significant number of checkpoints and added security to the blockchain.

In development for the future:

X-11 hashing:  Yes, that is correct. We are attempting to add additional algorithms, eventually working up to full X-11. This is no easy task, and would make AIRcoin one of a very exclusive group of coins to utilize it, but our team is finding a way to make it possible.
Exchange Rate Controlled Block Reward – the counterpart to the investment pool, this is the last key to economic sustainability. However, as we’ve explained, for the system we’ve worked on to be secure it requires large exchange volume and multiple redundant exchanges. But if our plans to expand to MintPal are successful, then this is the next innovation we will bring to AIRcoin.

New GUI, including installation instructions, easy adjustment of the config file, tutorials, and possibly a peer-to-peer news feed built into the wallet. There are so many more innovations we have yet to even begin implementing that we have experimented with. While inflation control, ASIC protection and secure hashing is higher on our priority list, we intend to make it the absolute easiest wallet to download and use for those who are not used to Cryptocurrency.

2. AIRcoin Identity, Legal Status, and Real-World Connections

Now, the following announcement is going to change the face of AIRcoin forever. This is, much anticipated, accountability from our team:

AIRcoin is a corporation within the United States, closely associated with the University of Chicago and Booth Business School. We are not a group of amateur programmers. We are not hobbyists. We are growing a business to be both our lifeblood and to take the first step to legitimizing cryptocurrency as a technology, with full corporate status. From a legal perspective, that is our identity and it is just as accountable as a human being under all aspects of the law, and we see this as the only way to properly develop a cryptocoin for financial use.

We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois, and based out of Chicago. In terms of accountability, it doesn’t get much clearer than that. AIRcoin is a legal entity that falls under US law, operating as a corporation, with the full intention to operate legally and adapt and influence all laws and regulations that come out. We are doing this as seriously as is possible.

This makes AIRcoin the only Cryptocurrency with the full legal accountability of a development team acting under a corporation. We are not a not-for-profit, we are a business developing a service and a technology to the best of our abilities.

Our team members and backers are very closely associated with University of Chicago and the Booth School of Business, and AIRcoin started as an experiment. The University of Chicago is the #1 Economics school in the United States, possibly the world, and a consistent top-5 college, known for being a thinktank of economic innovation and the origin of the “Chicago School” of economics. The Booth Business School (formerly the University Of Chicago Graduate School Of Business) is one of the top 5 business schools in the nation as well. We are very well connected both academically and financially. Where we expand from here was never a question of making small improvements, but testing our concepts before making headlines. In other words, Team AIRcoin is much, much larger and better connected than we originally made ourselves appear.

It was always our intent to reveal our location, business, and connections eventually. However, we kept anonymity because it was of the utmost importance that the coin could be tested in a FREE MARKET without HYPE. We need to see if the investment pool would work, and it does, before we could expand. The point is: our system can generate a revenue and, with enough volume, have a self-sustaining cryptocurrency backed by a legitimate corporation.

We do not want the coin to succeed or fail based on the reputation of our backers, but on our own innovations. And, from our perspective, as a trial period the first week of testing, AIRcoin taught us significant things that will allow us to completely change the face of Altcoins from here on out. This is why we were so careful about the hype behind the coin, why we kept a minor social media presence, and why we have tried to see how far the coin can go on just its own merits, not the name of its creators, before revealing ourselves.

Many, many other coin developers remain completely anonymous, so we assumed for at least the first few weeks, we could do so as well to get as much data as possible. We believe we know enough about these markets now to make the necessary changes and innovations in order to begin our campaign in earnest.  

We have chosen to explain our position now because we’ve come to realize that the community has serious concerns of the anonymity of the developers of this coin, and their accountability. We are a company. We are legally accountable, and we would prefer if we are held accountable, that protects ourselves and our users. We are in this for the long term, which means we intend to comply with and influence any US regulation and law regarding crypto currencies. We know regulation is happening soon, it is our intent to be not one of the better coins, but the best coin that can survive it. This is only possible because of our knowledge and connections, but it was important that we tested the market on an even playing field, where we didn’t have any advantages (and several disadvantages) over other coin developers. We have so far delivered a very capable product and exceeded almost all of our projections. I want to reiterate, this is only the beginning of a major movement that is starting, and we want AIRcoin at the front of it. It’s a long term game, and AIRcoin is the first coin that arose from these incredible backgrounds.

To prove our claims, here is a picture taken today. On March 21st, 2014, the University of Chicago had their Convocation for the Winter Quarter Class of 2014. Alexander was on campus during this event and took these photos after it was over. The first shows Rockefeller Chapel, along with the leaving group of graduates. The second photo shows the Booth School of Business. We will add further verification from the future to match our claims.

http://i59.tinypic.com/330664i.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dnbjsy.jpg

Now, I want to expand on our background and claims: we have past experience and connections with:

1. Multiple financial institutions, including Investment Banks, Capital Management, and Venture Capital.
2. Angel Investors and Alumni support.
3. University of Chicago Economics Department and Booth School of Business

When we say we have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States, we are not exaggerating.

3. How AIRcoin will work in the Financial World

So now comes the real question: What does that really make AIRcoin, then? Put simply, it’s the first Cryptocoin that can be accepted, completely, under full legal tolerance of the law of the United States of America, with clear accountability and a legitimate hope of seeing large scale adoption.

AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin. We are the ONLY coin that has an algorithmic trading system to support the price. This is proprietary software and the key to our success. This is why our oversight about the inflation rates caused such a dramatic effect (by comparison) to the market: it caused the algorithms to operate inefficiently.

But more importantly, AIRcoin is the solution to the problems that the Financial World sees in Bitcoin, but go overlooked by Bitcoin’s own developers.

The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument. However, its decentralization, ability for quick and secure transactions, and numerous other advantages means it is too precious of a technology to go to waste. AIRcoin is the first step to shake off the pretensions and aim for the impossible: a Cryptocurrency that will not be rebuked by the mainstream world. We may be only a few weeks into its development, but we’ve already demonstrated some cutting edge understanding of the market.

But we aren’t looking at time scale of 1-2 weeks, we are looking at currencies LONG term, months or years, and there is no problem, including government regulation, our team cannot solve if we are given adequate time and energy toward solving it. Considering how far we’ve come in just a few weeks, in 3 months, it is not unreasonable to believe we will be one of the largest cryptocoins in the market. We want to take Our Cryptocurrency to the doorstep of Investment Banks. AIRcoin’s future is not with individual who would use worthless coins for making jokes, but instead aim toward major multinational businesses. Building a system that is stable and inspires the faith of a coin beyond just ours. For this first week, it’s been a game of playing fair and quiet with other cryptocoins, learning within the community, months living and breathing the life of the universe you have created here online, so that we can understand exactly what cryptocurrency is, and can become.

4. An Altcoin Alliance

This allows us to get into clarifation by the term “Collaborate”. AIRcoin is not moving on to another project, and we are not asking developers for help. We have been drafting the start of an Altcoin Alliance.

The Collaboration between AIRcoin and other developers is another method to bring accountability to the Altcoin community. Namely, through two mechanisms:

1. An inclusion in an Altcoin Index Investment, an index investment system which includes the most sustainable, effective, innovative, and aspiring coins, as way to attract low-risk investment. It’s honestly fascinating how there hasn’t been a successful index fund of Altcoins already.

2. At the core of this is a Cryptocurrency Code of Conduct, which outlines how coin developers should pursue real innovation, real world needs, and real sustainability, legal recourse and outlines what sort of economic problems, such as inflation, cause coins to die completely, so that developers can work to combat those forces.

We intend to move VERY QUICKLY on this endeavor, as its progress will ultimately be the deciding factor for the survivability of Altcoins in the future. This Alliance, brought to power over the next 3-6 months, will give a strong, organized, powerful voice to the coins that have real innovation and needs, and allow us to shut out those that are scams and failures. Coins that show no innovation, no plans for sustainability, or do not see the very important need to fight for the survival of Cryptocurrency will not be a part of this. We believe that Bitcoin is, in its current state, economically unsustainable, and it has been said many times that its code is significantly further behind than some Altcoins, however, it’s massive size and early-comer basis has made it the de-facto standard. If it remains the standard in this very diverse market, then regulation about this technology will be hard, swift, and blanketing. But if there is a strong, vocal, organized force that can provide a real good through a consortium of development and innovation, we not only stand a fighting chance at preventing outright banning, but rising to the challenge of ubiquitous usage. The power is here, there are so many innovative altcoins, but so few of them understand the importance of economic stability, or even attempt to achieve it. Our greatest fears, as both businessmen and academics, is that world progress in financial markets will be set behind by decades simply because the masses did not have the foresight to look beyond innovation and see the ultimate potential, because of their need for a quick dollar.

AIRcoin, and the associated AIRcoin Investment System, was a fresh, new, and untested concept. But more importantly, it is one that ultimately does fulfill what it was required to do. It was never a problem with the theory. Looking back and removing all emotion from the moment, our coin has been relatively stable. Pumps and dumps have been responded to very quickly. This is still just the beginning, and with the reveal of our position, the power we have, we can now begin innovating in earnest. The system has been made, it was tested, with some hiccups and susinstability problems, but unlike other developers who would dump and leave this coin until it hit .00000001 BTC/AIR, we are going to fight and do EVERYTHING possible to make the system work. That means adjusting parameters manually (such as the diminishing block reward) and improving our systems. We have a lot of big plans, and they are too good and too important for us to give up simply because of a few days of heightened inflation. I repeat, this is just the beginning of AIRcoin, it has just learned how to walk, and now it’s time to teach it to fight.

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

A question that has been asked many times before is “Why didn’t we just pump tons of BTC into the market?” If you understand Chicago economics, you understand why: The entire point of this coin is to be a SELF SUSTAINING free market, not to be a liability on its supporters. We know that supporting the market, beyond the sustainability systems, with our own capital, would be a short term fix and a waste our resources that could go toward better infrastructure. If we directly manipulate the market to keep the price up, rather than relying on the system we created or adjusting it, it would be both unethical and unsustainable. The users of our coin are under much more liability if they have to rely on us to put funds that should go to company infrastructure into the market directly to combat inflation.

That being said, we were successful with our proprietary trading program behind the investment pool. We pumped .5 BTC per day into the market and generated ~30% more volume than otherwise. Consider that for a second. 20 BTC of volume per day, and our system created .5 BTC of buying support alone through high frequency trading.  If we get the volume of this coin up, as long as it stays high it could not only keep the price stable, but give it consistent rises according to the growth of that pool. We have created the first system of generating funds that doesn't require absolute sale of the premine. For coins with philanthropic goals or ones that have costs they need to cover on a daily basis, this is the secret to all of their problems, and the licensing and adoption of this system, as it improves, can change things forever.

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Our next point of improvement is in our Social media presence.

Our energy was focused on a theory, innovation, and development of the trading system, but our developments outgrew the social media presence we had before expanding it. It was never our intent for this coin to go viral or to be a sensation. We wanted to keep it quiet and closed-tested. We wanted to see if we could let it fly with stability on its own. Now, we’ve got enough data and enough support to make it big, as big as possible. We hope that the release of exactly who and what we are, and what we are capable of, will be enough to start a wildfire of support.

Even if you don’t buy AIRcoin, even if you hate Chicago Economics, even if you detest corporations, if you have even a shred of hope that cryptocurrency can be adopted in the real world, if you have any hope that the innovations in Altcoins are for something more than pump and dump schemes, then you can at least support our sentiment and ideas.

We make the future. Every one of our decisions creates the future ahead of us, how we treat our coins decides how the government will treat them. How we treat each other now determines how we will support one another in the future. How quickly we adapt and innovate determines how powerful we can be. Making short-term money in a week is nothing toward building a business that can change how finance is done, by people who have the power to make it a reality.

These ideas and dreams that most altcoins talk about, freedom, prosperity, and sustainability: these are just ideas. They need to organize, they need to collaborate, and they need to improve in a way that turns those ideas into reality. That’s what we’re trying to do. A few bad days cannot, and will not, stop us from doing that.

The best thing that anyone can do for AIRcoin right now is to relay what we have just said. It is big enough, it is important enough. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, anywhere on the internet where you can explain just how this big news impact Cryptocurrency, do it. We have a voting campaing for Mintpal here: and our twitter is here:

This is just the beginning of something very, very big.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:06:08 AM

X-11 hashing:  Yes, that is correct. We are attempting to add additional algorithms, eventually working up to full X-11. This is no easy task, and would make AIRcoin one of a very exclusive group of coins to utilize it, but our team is finding a way to make it possible.
Exchange Rate Controlled Block Reward – the counterpart to the investment pool, this is the last key to economic sustainability. However, as we’ve explained, for the system we’ve worked on to be secure it requires large exchange volume and multiple redundant exchanges. But if our plans to expand to MintPal are successful, then this is the next innovation we will bring to AIRcoin.

This, been mining hiro for the past few days cause its x11 and cards run -20c cooler. Would put my miners back to air if you implemented x11 as the new algo. Smiley
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:09:31 AM

This, been mining hiro for the past few days cause its x11 and cards run -20c cooler. Would put my miners back to air if you implemented x11 as the new algo. Smiley

It's surprising and amusing that this is the most important thing you pulled from the post. No offense intended, that is. But yes, we are looking to ways to adding it to the existing AIRcoin wallet code, making AIRcoin the third cryptocurrency to use it. It is, hands down, the most cutting edge hashing system out there.
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:11:42 AM

1. The New Incoming Wallet

The first big news is of the new wallet. Because of what is about to be revealed in this post, and how important it is for the future of AIRcoin, we are going to hold off the new wallet for at least a few more hours, and release it in the morning. The last thing we want is for any bugfixing or issues to arise, because we expect a rush of new downloads after this news gets out.

But, the wallet we have to release currently has the following:

Dark Gravity Wave: Our team actually had a test version that implemented Digishield too, but we decided that Dark Gravity Wave was the better choice for difficulty adjustment after doing some testing. This makes AIRcoin only one of a few wallets that has this cutting-edge adjustment software. With this and our own tweaks, we should be completely safe from the timewarp exploit as well as changing hashrates.

The block reward will be reduced, as well as diminishing at 1% every day. This will continue until the new adjustable exchange-rate based blockreward is implemented. This is simply a manual attempt at adjusting the block reward according to the exchange rate.

We have a significant number of checkpoints and added security to the blockchain.

In development for the future:

New GUI, including installation instructions, easy adjustment of the config file, tutorials, and possibly a peer-to-peer news feed built into the wallet. There are so many more innovations we have yet to even begin implementing that we have experimented with. While inflation control, ASIC protection and secure hashing is higher on our priority list, we intend to make it the absolute easiest wallet to download and use for those who are not used to Cryptocurrency.

2. AIRcoin Identity, Legal Status, and Real-World Connections

Now, the following announcement is going to change the face of AIRcoin forever. This is, much anticipated, accountability from our team:

AIRcoin is a corporation within the United States, closely associated with the University of Chicago and Booth Business School. We are not a group of amateur programmers. We are not hobbyists. We are growing a business to be both our lifeblood and to take the first step to legitimizing cryptocurrency as a technology, with full corporate status. From a legal perspective, that is our identity and it is just as accountable as a human being under all aspects of the law, and we see this as the only way to properly develop a cryptocoin for financial use.

We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois, and based out of Chicago. In terms of accountability, it doesn’t get much clearer than that. AIRcoin is a legal entity that falls under US law, operating as a corporation, with the full intention to operate legally and adapt and influence all laws and regulations that come out. We are doing this as seriously as is possible.

This makes AIRcoin the only Cryptocurrency with the full legal accountability of a development team acting under a corporation. We are not a not-for-profit, we are a business developing a service and a technology to the best of our abilities.

Our team members and backers are very closely associated with University of Chicago and the Booth School of Business, and AIRcoin started as an experiment. The University of Chicago is the #1 Economics school in the United States, possibly the world, and a consistent top-5 college, known for being a thinktank of economic innovation and the origin of the “Chicago School” of economics. The Booth Business School (formerly the University Of Chicago Graduate School Of Business) is one of the top 5 business schools in the nation as well. We are very well connected both academically and financially. Where we expand from here was never a question of making small improvements, but testing our concepts before making headlines. In other words, Team AIRcoin is much, much larger and better connected than we originally made ourselves appear.

It was always our intent to reveal our location, business, and connections eventually. However, we kept anonymity because it was of the utmost importance that the coin could be tested in a FREE MARKET without HYPE. We need to see if the investment pool would work, and it does, before we could expand. The point is: our system can generate a revenue and, with enough volume, have a self-sustaining cryptocurrency backed by a legitimate corporation.

We do not want the coin to succeed or fail based on the reputation of our backers, but on our own innovations. And, from our perspective, as a trial period the first week of testing, AIRcoin taught us significant things that will allow us to completely change the face of Altcoins from here on out. This is why we were so careful about the hype behind the coin, why we kept a minor social media presence, and why we have tried to see how far the coin can go on just its own merits, not the name of its creators, before revealing ourselves.

Many, many other coin developers remain completely anonymous, so we assumed for at least the first few weeks, we could do so as well to get as much data as possible. We believe we know enough about these markets now to make the necessary changes and innovations in order to begin our campaign in earnest.  

We have chosen to explain our position now because we’ve come to realize that the community has serious concerns of the anonymity of the developers of this coin, and their accountability. We are a company. We are legally accountable, and we would prefer if we are held accountable, that protects ourselves and our users. We are in this for the long term, which means we intend to comply with and influence any US regulation and law regarding crypto currencies. We know regulation is happening soon, it is our intent to be not one of the better coins, but the best coin that can survive it. This is only possible because of our knowledge and connections, but it was important that we tested the market on an even playing field, where we didn’t have any advantages (and several disadvantages) over other coin developers. We have so far delivered a very capable product and exceeded almost all of our projections. I want to reiterate, this is only the beginning of a major movement that is starting, and we want AIRcoin at the front of it. It’s a long term game, and AIRcoin is the first coin that arose from these incredible backgrounds.

To prove our claims, here is a picture taken today. On March 21st, 2014, the University of Chicago had their Convocation for the Winter Quarter Class of 2014. Alexander was on campus during this event and took these photos after it was over. The first shows Rockefeller Chapel, along with the leaving group of graduates. The second photo shows the Booth School of Business. We will add further verification from the future to match our claims.

http://i59.tinypic.com/330664i.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dnbjsy.jpg

Now, I want to expand on our background and claims: we have past experience and connections with:

1. Multiple financial institutions, including Investment Banks, Capital Management, and Venture Capital.
2. Angel Investors and Alumni support.
3. University of Chicago Economics Department and Booth School of Business

When we say we have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States, we are not exaggerating.

3. How AIRcoin will work in the Financial World

So now comes the real question: What does that really make AIRcoin, then? Put simply, it’s the first Cryptocoin that can be accepted, completely, under full legal tolerance of the law of the United States of America, with clear accountability and a legitimate hope of seeing large scale adoption.

AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin. We are the ONLY coin that has an algorithmic trading system to support the price. This is proprietary software and the key to our success. This is why our oversight about the inflation rates caused such a dramatic effect (by comparison) to the market: it caused the algorithms to operate inefficiently.

But more importantly, AIRcoin is the solution to the problems that the Financial World sees in Bitcoin, but go overlooked by Bitcoin’s own developers.

The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument. However, its decentralization, ability for quick and secure transactions, and numerous other advantages means it is too precious of a technology to go to waste. AIRcoin is the first step to shake off the pretensions and aim for the impossible: a Cryptocurrency that will not be rebuked by the mainstream world. We may be only a few weeks into its development, but we’ve already demonstrated some cutting edge understanding of the market.

But we aren’t looking at time scale of 1-2 weeks, we are looking at currencies LONG term, months or years, and there is no problem, including government regulation, our team cannot solve if we are given adequate time and energy toward solving it. Considering how far we’ve come in just a few weeks, in 3 months, it is not unreasonable to believe we will be one of the largest cryptocoins in the market. We want to take Our Cryptocurrency to the doorstep of Investment Banks. AIRcoin’s future is not with individual who would use worthless coins for making jokes, but instead aim toward major multinational businesses. Building a system that is stable and inspires the faith of a coin beyond just ours. For this first week, it’s been a game of playing fair and quiet with other cryptocoins, learning within the community, months living and breathing the life of the universe you have created here online, so that we can understand exactly what cryptocurrency is, and can become.

4. An Altcoin Alliance

This allows us to get into clarifation by the term “Collaborate”. AIRcoin is not moving on to another project, and we are not asking developers for help. We have been drafting the start of an Altcoin Alliance.

The Collaboration between AIRcoin and other developers is another method to bring accountability to the Altcoin community. Namely, through two mechanisms:

1. An inclusion in an Altcoin Index Investment, an index investment system which includes the most sustainable, effective, innovative, and aspiring coins, as way to attract low-risk investment. It’s honestly fascinating how there hasn’t been a successful index fund of Altcoins already.

2. At the core of this is a Cryptocurrency Code of Conduct, which outlines how coin developers should pursue real innovation, real world needs, and real sustainability, legal recourse and outlines what sort of economic problems, such as inflation, cause coins to die completely, so that developers can work to combat those forces.

We intend to move VERY QUICKLY on this endeavor, as its progress will ultimately be the deciding factor for the survivability of Altcoins in the future. This Alliance, brought to power over the next 3-6 months, will give a strong, organized, powerful voice to the coins that have real innovation and needs, and allow us to shut out those that are scams and failures. Coins that show no innovation, no plans for sustainability, or do not see the very important need to fight for the survival of Cryptocurrency will not be a part of this. We believe that Bitcoin is, in its current state, economically unsustainable, and it has been said many times that its code is significantly further behind than some Altcoins, however, it’s massive size and early-comer basis has made it the de-facto standard. If it remains the standard in this very diverse market, then regulation about this technology will be hard, swift, and blanketing. But if there is a strong, vocal, organized force that can provide a real good through a consortium of development and innovation, we not only stand a fighting chance at preventing outright banning, but rising to the challenge of ubiquitous usage. The power is here, there are so many innovative altcoins, but so few of them understand the importance of economic stability, or even attempt to achieve it. Our greatest fears, as both businessmen and academics, is that world progress in financial markets will be set behind by decades simply because the masses did not have the foresight to look beyond innovation and see the ultimate potential, because of their need for a quick dollar.

AIRcoin, and the associated AIRcoin Investment System, was a fresh, new, and untested concept. But more importantly, it is one that ultimately does fulfill what it was required to do. It was never a problem with the theory. Looking back and removing all emotion from the moment, our coin has been relatively stable. Pumps and dumps have been responded to very quickly. This is still just the beginning, and with the reveal of our position, the power we have, we can now begin innovating in earnest. The system has been made, it was tested, with some hiccups and susinstability problems, but unlike other developers who would dump and leave this coin until it hit .00000001 BTC/AIR, we are going to fight and do EVERYTHING possible to make the system work. That means adjusting parameters manually (such as the diminishing block reward) and improving our systems. We have a lot of big plans, and they are too good and too important for us to give up simply because of a few days of heightened inflation. I repeat, this is just the beginning of AIRcoin, it has just learned how to walk, and now it’s time to teach it to fight.

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

A question that has been asked many times before is “Why didn’t we just pump tons of BTC into the market?” If you understand Chicago economics, you understand why: The entire point of this coin is to be a SELF SUSTAINING free market, not to be a liability on its supporters. We know that supporting the market, beyond the sustainability systems, with our own capital, would be a short term fix and a waste our resources that could go toward better infrastructure. If we directly manipulate the market to keep the price up, rather than relying on the system we created or adjusting it, it would be both unethical and unsustainable. The users of our coin are under much more liability if they have to rely on us to put funds that should go to company infrastructure into the market directly to combat inflation.

That being said, we were successful with our proprietary trading program behind the investment pool. We pumped .5 BTC per day into the market and generated ~30% more volume than otherwise. Consider that for a second. 20 BTC of volume per day, and our system created .5 BTC of buying support alone through high frequency trading.  If we get the volume of this coin up, as long as it stays high it could not only keep the price stable, but give it consistent rises according to the growth of that pool. We have created the first system of generating funds that doesn't require absolute sale of the premine. For coins with philanthropic goals or ones that have costs they need to cover on a daily basis, this is the secret to all of their problems, and the licensing and adoption of this system, as it improves, can change things forever.

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Our next point of improvement is in our Social media presence.

Our energy was focused on a theory, innovation, and development of the trading system, but our developments outgrew the social media presence we had before expanding it. It was never our intent for this coin to go viral or to be a sensation. We wanted to keep it quiet and closed-tested. We wanted to see if we could let it fly with stability on its own. Now, we’ve got enough data and enough support to make it big, as big as possible. We hope that the release of exactly who and what we are, and what we are capable of, will be enough to start a wildfire of support.

Even if you don’t buy AIRcoin, even if you hate Chicago Economics, even if you detest corporations, if you have even a shred of hope that cryptocurrency can be adopted in the real world, if you have any hope that the innovations in Altcoins are for something more than pump and dump schemes, then you can at least support our sentiment and ideas.

We make the future. Every one of our decisions creates the future ahead of us, how we treat our coins decides how the government will treat them. How we treat each other now determines how we will support one another in the future. How quickly we adapt and innovate determines how powerful we can be. Making short-term money in a week is nothing toward building a business that can change how finance is done, by people who have the power to make it a reality.

These ideas and dreams that most altcoins talk about, freedom, prosperity, and sustainability: these are just ideas. They need to organize, they need to collaborate, and they need to improve in a way that turns those ideas into reality. That’s what we’re trying to do. A few bad days cannot, and will not, stop us from doing that.

The best thing that anyone can do for AIRcoin right now is to relay what we have just said. It is big enough, it is important enough. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, anywhere on the internet where you can explain just how this big news impact Cryptocurrency, do it. We have a voting campaing for Mintpal here: and our twitter is here:

This is just the beginning of something very, very big.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Goddamit. God-freakin-dammit. It's like you guys don't get. AT ALL. You have not proven your identities. A fucking picture of campus is not prooof. THAT IS NOT transparency. Christ. This is Earth coin all over again.

And your stabilizing algorithm was bullshit. You think 0.5 BTC was enough to curtail the amount of dumping of thousands? All you have made and are still making is unsubstantiated claims. Fuck.

Anyway, I'm dumping the rest of my stash and leaving, I've learned enouh from your hand wave rhetoric to smell the bullshit on the roses. I'm done.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:16:49 AM

Goddamit. God-freakin-dammit. It's like you guys don't get. AT ALL. You have not proven your identities. A fucking picture of campus is not prooof. THAT IS NOT transparency. Christ. This is Earth coin all over again.

And your stabilizing algorithm was bullshit. You think 0.5 BTC was enough to curtail the amount of dumping of thousands? All you have made and are still making is unsubstantiated claims. Fuck.

Anyway, I'm dumping the rest of my stash and leaving, I've learned enouh from your hand wave rhetoric to smell the bullshit on the roses. I'm done.

Please do.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: