Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:05:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
darius08

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:26:38 AM

Sounds interesting guys, looking forward to seeing what you can do. Smiley
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:52:15 AM

If there's one think you can do to make me not mad at you for the moment, it's adopting DarkGravityWave as the most cutting edge difficulty adjustment system. That along with X11. I'm a darkcoin lover.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:19:01 AM

The decision to implement the x11 algorithm will be huge. This will make it one of few coins.

For anyone who doesn't know, x11 is a beautiful algorithm which requires a slightly different mining program, but is ultimately much easier and less finnicky than alternatives like scrypt, or scrypt adaptative-n.
The algo is extremely resistant to ASIC, and has unbelievable benefits to mining. Miners will see a significant decrease in the amount of power drawn, and the heat/noise that is dispersed from the GPU's....

Thank you Alexander, looking forward to this.

Poloniex Moderator
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:54:07 AM

.... You have not proven your identities. A fucking picture of campus is not prooof. THAT IS NOT transparency.

I was hoping to see a frontal and side photo, x-ray and MRI scan plus DNA analysis... oh well.. I guess we can't have everything  Cool
dragon17au

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:56:32 AM

Sound BS to me, free market and self sustaining vs manipulation to keep 5% weekly increase trend and price doubling every 3 months, what did you just say again?
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:05:14 AM

Sound BS to me, free market and self sustaining vs manipulation to keep 5% weekly increase trend and price doubling every 3 months, what did you just say again?

....and you made a new profile just to post THIS?
flinchy

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:10:18 AM

X11??

I dont think there's a BAMT fork that can do it, and i don't have the time or patience to get it working... Would have to move to vert since at least BAMT 1.6 supports scrypt-n natively.
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:34:11 AM

Added for voting at https://c-cex.com exchange: https://c-cex.com/index.html?id=vote

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:24:57 AM

Wow, that will certainly generate questions! I have many, but let me start with just a couple.

1.) Are you guys students?

2.) You say:

AIRcoin is not moving on to another project, and we are not asking developers for help.

Then in the very next section, you say:

For coins with philanthropic goals or ones that have costs they need to cover on a daily basis, this is the secret to all of their problems, and the licensing and adoption of this system, as it improves, can change things forever.

While that is certainly nice (for you!) I am unclear how this is not another project. I have scoured your website, including the FAQ section and there is no mention of licensing being a part of the game plan. I can obviously see how you would benefit from licensing, but I fail to see how this has anything to do with AIRcoin itself. Is the money from the licensing going to be received as a dividend to AIRcoin holders?

What I am asking is how does this benefit holders of the coin directly? Not in some game-changer-for-the-crypto-world kind of way as you seem to imply, but AIRcoin-the-coin kind of way. While it would indeed be a terrific thing to have a game changer and the coffers of your corporation will find the licensing fees very, well, game-changey, I am still a bit nonplussed on the direct connection to the coin itself.

I have many more questions, and will post them going forward, but let's start with this.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:35:13 AM

We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois,.
What sort of license?
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:41:36 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 09:36:24 AM by adhitthana

The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument.
I think it would be helpful if you explained why you believe this.  Bitcoin seems to be progressing well. What is it that specifically prevents Bitcoin from being a "financial instrument"?
AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin
How much data did you look at to arrive at this claim?
How do you project the algorithm will work as the markets "mature"?
How do you project you will do as more people use algorithms in this space? Surely they will reduce any advantage you have?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:33:36 AM

As you are a corporation and aim to make a return to shareholders, why not make a financial contribution to Darkcoin development for using Dark Gravity Wave, perhaps in the form of stock?

While Dark Gravity Wave is open source, there are people working full time on this project.
JTB800

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:46:05 AM

As you are a corporation and aim to make a return to shareholders, why not make a financial contribution to Darkcoin development for using Dark Gravity Wave, perhaps in the form of stock?

While Dark Gravity Wave is open source, there are people working full time on this project.

How exactly will giving money to another crap coin "make a return to shareholders", as you put it?

And who exactly are you referring to as "shareholders. The Aircoin holders or the owners of its corporation?
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:39:29 AM

How exactly will giving money to another crap coin "make a return to shareholders", as you put it?

You are very misinformed.

Darkcoin is one of the few coins which is not a crap coin. In fact, it is leading the new generation of cryptocurrency.

Here are some highlights on Darkcoin for you:

First coin with X-11, gpu power saving and ASIC resistant algorithm.
First coin to implement variable block reward, on top on very clever difficulty adjustment to control inflation and distribution effectively.
First coin to implement Dark Gravity Wave.
First coin to successfully implement practical anonymity (no TOR). Currently in last stages of beta testing, roll out in several weeks.
Clear development plan.
Full time, main developer, known by his name, not hiding behind the forum nickname and talented team, committed to the coin for at least 2 years.

And a lot more.

Just think about it.

In my book, this is as opposite to every other crap coin as it gets, and if any coin can de-throne bitcoin in future, this is it.

After brief analysis, I broke first investment rule and liquidated all my other coins to get all in to the Darkcoin.

Talking about stability, have a look at the Dark's rate in the last 30 days. That's stability. Despite high frequency traders on cryptsy trying to push it down.
And all that despite a dump of >140.000 coins dumped when the btcs got stolen from one of the exchange and darks bought with it.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:53:07 AM

Alexander,

I am truly impressed. I hope the 18yrs old continue to troll the coin while I continue to accumulate. Very few coins bring originality of Bitcoin ala 2011. You have way surpassed my expectations. I have no doubt you are who you say you are. THIS WILL BE BEYOND BIG.

AIR will remain 25% of my ever increasing portfolio value  Smiley
JTB800

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:00:41 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 12:02:23 PM by JTB800

You are very misinformed.

Darkcoin is one of the few coins which is not a crap coin. In fact, it is leading the new generation of cryptocurrency.

Here are some highlights on Darkcoin for you:

First coin with X-11, gpu power saving and ASIC resistant algorithm.
First coin to implement variable block reward, on top on very clever difficulty adjustment to control inflation and distribution effectively.
First coin to implement Dark Gravity Wave.
First coin to successfully implement practical anonymity (no TOR). Currently in last stages of beta testing, roll out in several weeks.
Clear development plan.
Full time, main developer, known by his name, not hiding behind the forum nickname and talented team, committed to the coin for at least 2 years.

And a lot more.

Just think about it.

In my book, this is as opposite to every other crap coin as it gets, and if any coin can de-throne bitcoin in future, this is it.

After brief analysis, I broke first investment rule and liquidated all my other coins to get all in to the Darkcoin.

Talking about stability, have a look at the Dark's rate in the last 30 days. That's stability. Despite high frequency traders on cryptsy trying to push it down.
And all that despite a dump of >140.000 coins dumped when the btcs got stolen from one of the exchange and darks bought with it.

Yes, I am aware of Darkcoin. And it is possible that after all the coins go down, Darkcoin will emerge as a winner. Of course, it is also possible that it goes to zero for any number of reasons.

We could start by that little fact of it not being rolled out yet and go from there. That little cover about "signing" a disclaimer that you will not use Darkcoin to buy illegal drugs, fund terrorism, smuggle tax-free cigarettes into Illinois or use it to learn belly dancing, may have a few, teeny tiny holes in it too.

I could go on, but it does not matter as it doesn't answer the central question. How will this benefit AIRcoin?

Let's say that your investment acumen is amazing and that you have picked the big winning coin of the future in Darkcoin. Why don't I just invest all of my money (as you claimed you did) in Darkcoin? Why am I bothering with AIRcoin at all?

And further, since you have all of your assets in Darkcoin, why are you here?
JTB800

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:08:01 AM

Alexander,

I am truly impressed. I hope the 18yrs old continue to troll the coin while I continue to accumulate. Very few coins bring originality of Bitcoin ala 2011. You have way surpassed my expectations. I have no doubt you are who you say you are. THIS WILL BE BEYOND BIG.

AIR will remain 25% of my ever increasing portfolio value  Smiley

That is so awesome that you are so impressed. But, don't just keep it to yourself -- tell us too!

What are you particularly impressed with and how has it "way surpassed" you expectations?

Oh, and if you were in any way referring to my comments in the troll section of your post, I would just like to say thank you very much. I try to keep up and while I am, alas, far older than 18, it sure is a nice compliment! Maybe it is all of that beer I drink that keeps up my youthful appearance!
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

Yes, I am aware of Darkcoin. And it is possible that after all the coins go down, Darkcoin will emerge as a winner. Of course, it is also possible that it goes to zero for any number of reasons.

So why saying it's a crapcoin?

And further, since you have all of your assets in Darkcoin, why are you here?

Because until recently I held a large amount of Air.
Because I have some hope for it (despite having higher hopes for dark).
Because I want to participate in a discussion.
Because I might decide in future I want to buy back a little bit.
Because I can.

Genuinely I don't understand why would you want to "kick out" people out of the thread. Is there a mandatory amount if air I have to hold if I want to post? I wasn't aware of such rule  Wink
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:30:46 AM

I too am impressed with the dev's responses here and all the effort they put in. Yet i see a steady DECLINING exchange rate instead of steadily increasing. Yet i am not that worried because it gives me lots of time to play this market and I did indeed make some profit of air by keep selling and buying back.

I will stop playing the market until I see the new wallet and functions. I still have a quite large amount at this moment and I would like to see where this is going first, before i start trading again.
rhui

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:39:03 AM

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Alex, you have said u would answer my post here promptly....

one very quick practical question....

so the exchange rate you and trading algorithm looking for is .00115 at the moment, right???

so would I become an idiot if i buy in 0.0013x  as you would not offer any help to stimulate the price to beyond your 1.5% expected growth...

Further, if the exchange rate rise to 0.0018, would you or your trading algorithm incite investor to dump back to your 0.00115 around level???

Please respond to my question...I am very worried to buy in Aircoin right now.

I AM A DNOTES FAN THE COIN ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: