Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:40:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:19:18 PM

Yes, I am aware of Darkcoin. And it is possible that after all the coins go down, Darkcoin will emerge as a winner. Of course, it is also possible that it goes to zero for any number of reasons.

So why saying it's a crapcoin?

And further, since you have all of your assets in Darkcoin, why are you here?

Because until recently I held a large amount of Air.
Because I have some hope for it (despite having higher hopes for dark).
Because I want to participate in a discussion.
Because I might decide in future I want to buy back a little bit.
Because I can.

Genuinely I don't understand why would you want to "kick out" people out of the thread. Is there a mandatory amount if air I have to hold if I want to post? I wasn't aware of such rule  Wink

Not at all. I don't want to kick you out, as you put it. When did I say that?

Generally, I would prefer to get my Darkcoin analysis and news from their own thread, but feel free to post all you want.

I am sorry that you feel that Darkcoin is better than AIR coin. I don't, but the recent announcements by AIRcoin are very discouraging.

Still, I will await some answers before I abandon them completely as you have. Actually, I just bought my first AIRcoins a mere hours before they announced that they were going into the licensing business. I am trying to keep the faith, but I must admit to feeling a bit deflated about the whole announcement.

I can see why they and their corporation are excited, but I am unclear how coin holders are benefitting from their new projects.
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:20:33 PM

if you add x11 I am in.

I don't know if it is worth the hassle of changing mid air.. Will attract different kinds of investors..

Go full x11 and you will have a major hit och release
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:19:45 PM

Okay, I probably should be quiet too, but I can't help myself...

I really hope easy coins are dumped by now, because no. 1 problem of Aircoin has been mining profitability. Too hard to mine too early.

Please don't under estimate the importance of miners. Miners are not just minor nuisance on the way to moon. Short term mining profitability is very important thing for a new coin like Air. That's how net hashrate grows. At some point hashrate will reach to certain equilibrium and treshold coin value where everyone and his doge is mining Air. Only after that happens, diminishing mining value don't affect over all net hashrate and coin value so much.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:40:49 PM

1. The New Incoming Wallet

The first big news is of the new wallet. Because of what is about to be revealed in this post, and how important it is for the future of AIRcoin, we are going to hold off the new wallet for at least a few more hours, and release it in the morning. The last thing we want is for any bugfixing or issues to arise, because we expect a rush of new downloads after this news gets out.

But, the wallet we have to release currently has the following:

Dark Gravity Wave: Our team actually had a test version that implemented Digishield too, but we decided that Dark Gravity Wave was the better choice for difficulty adjustment after doing some testing. This makes AIRcoin only one of a few wallets that has this cutting-edge adjustment software. With this and our own tweaks, we should be completely safe from the timewarp exploit as well as changing hashrates.

The block reward will be reduced, as well as diminishing at 1% every day. This will continue until the new adjustable exchange-rate based blockreward is implemented. This is simply a manual attempt at adjusting the block reward according to the exchange rate.

We have a significant number of checkpoints and added security to the blockchain.

In development for the future:

X-11 hashing:  Yes, that is correct. We are attempting to add additional algorithms, eventually working up to full X-11. This is no easy task, and would make AIRcoin one of a very exclusive group of coins to utilize it, but our team is finding a way to make it possible.
Exchange Rate Controlled Block Reward – the counterpart to the investment pool, this is the last key to economic sustainability. However, as we’ve explained, for the system we’ve worked on to be secure it requires large exchange volume and multiple redundant exchanges. But if our plans to expand to MintPal are successful, then this is the next innovation we will bring to AIRcoin.

New GUI, including installation instructions, easy adjustment of the config file, tutorials, and possibly a peer-to-peer news feed built into the wallet. There are so many more innovations we have yet to even begin implementing that we have experimented with. While inflation control, ASIC protection and secure hashing is higher on our priority list, we intend to make it the absolute easiest wallet to download and use for those who are not used to Cryptocurrency.

2. AIRcoin Identity, Legal Status, and Real-World Connections

Now, the following announcement is going to change the face of AIRcoin forever. This is, much anticipated, accountability from our team:

AIRcoin is a corporation within the United States, closely associated with the University of Chicago and Booth Business School. We are not a group of amateur programmers. We are not hobbyists. We are growing a business to be both our lifeblood and to take the first step to legitimizing cryptocurrency as a technology, with full corporate status. From a legal perspective, that is our identity and it is just as accountable as a human being under all aspects of the law, and we see this as the only way to properly develop a cryptocoin for financial use.

We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois, and based out of Chicago. In terms of accountability, it doesn’t get much clearer than that. AIRcoin is a legal entity that falls under US law, operating as a corporation, with the full intention to operate legally and adapt and influence all laws and regulations that come out. We are doing this as seriously as is possible.

This makes AIRcoin the only Cryptocurrency with the full legal accountability of a development team acting under a corporation. We are not a not-for-profit, we are a business developing a service and a technology to the best of our abilities.

Our team members and backers are very closely associated with University of Chicago and the Booth School of Business, and AIRcoin started as an experiment. The University of Chicago is the #1 Economics school in the United States, possibly the world, and a consistent top-5 college, known for being a thinktank of economic innovation and the origin of the “Chicago School” of economics. The Booth Business School (formerly the University Of Chicago Graduate School Of Business) is one of the top 5 business schools in the nation as well. We are very well connected both academically and financially. Where we expand from here was never a question of making small improvements, but testing our concepts before making headlines. In other words, Team AIRcoin is much, much larger and better connected than we originally made ourselves appear.

It was always our intent to reveal our location, business, and connections eventually. However, we kept anonymity because it was of the utmost importance that the coin could be tested in a FREE MARKET without HYPE. We need to see if the investment pool would work, and it does, before we could expand. The point is: our system can generate a revenue and, with enough volume, have a self-sustaining cryptocurrency backed by a legitimate corporation.

We do not want the coin to succeed or fail based on the reputation of our backers, but on our own innovations. And, from our perspective, as a trial period the first week of testing, AIRcoin taught us significant things that will allow us to completely change the face of Altcoins from here on out. This is why we were so careful about the hype behind the coin, why we kept a minor social media presence, and why we have tried to see how far the coin can go on just its own merits, not the name of its creators, before revealing ourselves.

Many, many other coin developers remain completely anonymous, so we assumed for at least the first few weeks, we could do so as well to get as much data as possible. We believe we know enough about these markets now to make the necessary changes and innovations in order to begin our campaign in earnest.  

We have chosen to explain our position now because we’ve come to realize that the community has serious concerns of the anonymity of the developers of this coin, and their accountability. We are a company. We are legally accountable, and we would prefer if we are held accountable, that protects ourselves and our users. We are in this for the long term, which means we intend to comply with and influence any US regulation and law regarding crypto currencies. We know regulation is happening soon, it is our intent to be not one of the better coins, but the best coin that can survive it. This is only possible because of our knowledge and connections, but it was important that we tested the market on an even playing field, where we didn’t have any advantages (and several disadvantages) over other coin developers. We have so far delivered a very capable product and exceeded almost all of our projections. I want to reiterate, this is only the beginning of a major movement that is starting, and we want AIRcoin at the front of it. It’s a long term game, and AIRcoin is the first coin that arose from these incredible backgrounds.

To prove our claims, here is a picture taken today. On March 21st, 2014, the University of Chicago had their Convocation for the Winter Quarter Class of 2014. Alexander was on campus during this event and took these photos after it was over. The first shows Rockefeller Chapel, along with the leaving group of graduates. The second photo shows the Booth School of Business. We will add further verification from the future to match our claims.

http://i59.tinypic.com/330664i.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dnbjsy.jpg

Now, I want to expand on our background and claims: we have past experience and connections with:

1. Multiple financial institutions, including Investment Banks, Capital Management, and Venture Capital.
2. Angel Investors and Alumni support.
3. University of Chicago Economics Department and Booth School of Business

When we say we have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States, we are not exaggerating.

3. How AIRcoin will work in the Financial World

So now comes the real question: What does that really make AIRcoin, then? Put simply, it’s the first Cryptocoin that can be accepted, completely, under full legal tolerance of the law of the United States of America, with clear accountability and a legitimate hope of seeing large scale adoption.

AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin. We are the ONLY coin that has an algorithmic trading system to support the price. This is proprietary software and the key to our success. This is why our oversight about the inflation rates caused such a dramatic effect (by comparison) to the market: it caused the algorithms to operate inefficiently.

But more importantly, AIRcoin is the solution to the problems that the Financial World sees in Bitcoin, but go overlooked by Bitcoin’s own developers.

The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument. However, its decentralization, ability for quick and secure transactions, and numerous other advantages means it is too precious of a technology to go to waste. AIRcoin is the first step to shake off the pretensions and aim for the impossible: a Cryptocurrency that will not be rebuked by the mainstream world. We may be only a few weeks into its development, but we’ve already demonstrated some cutting edge understanding of the market.

But we aren’t looking at time scale of 1-2 weeks, we are looking at currencies LONG term, months or years, and there is no problem, including government regulation, our team cannot solve if we are given adequate time and energy toward solving it. Considering how far we’ve come in just a few weeks, in 3 months, it is not unreasonable to believe we will be one of the largest cryptocoins in the market. We want to take Our Cryptocurrency to the doorstep of Investment Banks. AIRcoin’s future is not with individual who would use worthless coins for making jokes, but instead aim toward major multinational businesses. Building a system that is stable and inspires the faith of a coin beyond just ours. For this first week, it’s been a game of playing fair and quiet with other cryptocoins, learning within the community, months living and breathing the life of the universe you have created here online, so that we can understand exactly what cryptocurrency is, and can become.

4. An Altcoin Alliance

This allows us to get into clarifation by the term “Collaborate”. AIRcoin is not moving on to another project, and we are not asking developers for help. We have been drafting the start of an Altcoin Alliance.

The Collaboration between AIRcoin and other developers is another method to bring accountability to the Altcoin community. Namely, through two mechanisms:

1. An inclusion in an Altcoin Index Investment, an index investment system which includes the most sustainable, effective, innovative, and aspiring coins, as way to attract low-risk investment. It’s honestly fascinating how there hasn’t been a successful index fund of Altcoins already.

2. At the core of this is a Cryptocurrency Code of Conduct, which outlines how coin developers should pursue real innovation, real world needs, and real sustainability, legal recourse and outlines what sort of economic problems, such as inflation, cause coins to die completely, so that developers can work to combat those forces.

We intend to move VERY QUICKLY on this endeavor, as its progress will ultimately be the deciding factor for the survivability of Altcoins in the future. This Alliance, brought to power over the next 3-6 months, will give a strong, organized, powerful voice to the coins that have real innovation and needs, and allow us to shut out those that are scams and failures. Coins that show no innovation, no plans for sustainability, or do not see the very important need to fight for the survival of Cryptocurrency will not be a part of this. We believe that Bitcoin is, in its current state, economically unsustainable, and it has been said many times that its code is significantly further behind than some Altcoins, however, it’s massive size and early-comer basis has made it the de-facto standard. If it remains the standard in this very diverse market, then regulation about this technology will be hard, swift, and blanketing. But if there is a strong, vocal, organized force that can provide a real good through a consortium of development and innovation, we not only stand a fighting chance at preventing outright banning, but rising to the challenge of ubiquitous usage. The power is here, there are so many innovative altcoins, but so few of them understand the importance of economic stability, or even attempt to achieve it. Our greatest fears, as both businessmen and academics, is that world progress in financial markets will be set behind by decades simply because the masses did not have the foresight to look beyond innovation and see the ultimate potential, because of their need for a quick dollar.

AIRcoin, and the associated AIRcoin Investment System, was a fresh, new, and untested concept. But more importantly, it is one that ultimately does fulfill what it was required to do. It was never a problem with the theory. Looking back and removing all emotion from the moment, our coin has been relatively stable. Pumps and dumps have been responded to very quickly. This is still just the beginning, and with the reveal of our position, the power we have, we can now begin innovating in earnest. The system has been made, it was tested, with some hiccups and susinstability problems, but unlike other developers who would dump and leave this coin until it hit .00000001 BTC/AIR, we are going to fight and do EVERYTHING possible to make the system work. That means adjusting parameters manually (such as the diminishing block reward) and improving our systems. We have a lot of big plans, and they are too good and too important for us to give up simply because of a few days of heightened inflation. I repeat, this is just the beginning of AIRcoin, it has just learned how to walk, and now it’s time to teach it to fight.

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

A question that has been asked many times before is “Why didn’t we just pump tons of BTC into the market?” If you understand Chicago economics, you understand why: The entire point of this coin is to be a SELF SUSTAINING free market, not to be a liability on its supporters. We know that supporting the market, beyond the sustainability systems, with our own capital, would be a short term fix and a waste our resources that could go toward better infrastructure. If we directly manipulate the market to keep the price up, rather than relying on the system we created or adjusting it, it would be both unethical and unsustainable. The users of our coin are under much more liability if they have to rely on us to put funds that should go to company infrastructure into the market directly to combat inflation.

That being said, we were successful with our proprietary trading program behind the investment pool. We pumped .5 BTC per day into the market and generated ~30% more volume than otherwise. Consider that for a second. 20 BTC of volume per day, and our system created .5 BTC of buying support alone through high frequency trading.  If we get the volume of this coin up, as long as it stays high it could not only keep the price stable, but give it consistent rises according to the growth of that pool. We have created the first system of generating funds that doesn't require absolute sale of the premine. For coins with philanthropic goals or ones that have costs they need to cover on a daily basis, this is the secret to all of their problems, and the licensing and adoption of this system, as it improves, can change things forever.

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Our next point of improvement is in our Social media presence.

Our energy was focused on a theory, innovation, and development of the trading system, but our developments outgrew the social media presence we had before expanding it. It was never our intent for this coin to go viral or to be a sensation. We wanted to keep it quiet and closed-tested. We wanted to see if we could let it fly with stability on its own. Now, we’ve got enough data and enough support to make it big, as big as possible. We hope that the release of exactly who and what we are, and what we are capable of, will be enough to start a wildfire of support.

Even if you don’t buy AIRcoin, even if you hate Chicago Economics, even if you detest corporations, if you have even a shred of hope that cryptocurrency can be adopted in the real world, if you have any hope that the innovations in Altcoins are for something more than pump and dump schemes, then you can at least support our sentiment and ideas.

We make the future. Every one of our decisions creates the future ahead of us, how we treat our coins decides how the government will treat them. How we treat each other now determines how we will support one another in the future. How quickly we adapt and innovate determines how powerful we can be. Making short-term money in a week is nothing toward building a business that can change how finance is done, by people who have the power to make it a reality.

These ideas and dreams that most altcoins talk about, freedom, prosperity, and sustainability: these are just ideas. They need to organize, they need to collaborate, and they need to improve in a way that turns those ideas into reality. That’s what we’re trying to do. A few bad days cannot, and will not, stop us from doing that.

The best thing that anyone can do for AIRcoin right now is to relay what we have just said. It is big enough, it is important enough. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, anywhere on the internet where you can explain just how this big news impact Cryptocurrency, do it. We have a voting campaing for Mintpal here: and our twitter is here:

This is just the beginning of something very, very big.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Great stuff guys, I want a diverse and growing market of crypto currencies to function in the real world, and that means moving away from the common perception that altcoins are things you exploit short term and then turn back to bitcoin and/or cash out. So I invested in Mintcoin for example because in the future hopefully investors will see a product like this as something that replaces a term deposit. And I've invested in Aircoin because I judged early that you are here for the long haul as well and have a similar ideal to exist long term in a fully functioning market of coins - one that people can invest into to protect themselves from all manner of economic conditions that are typically just imposed on people without their involvement.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:57:06 PM

So when is the new wallet coming out?

Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:56:35 PM

So when is the new wallet coming out?

Silence.... Hmmm Any ideas on the wallet that was releasing this morning?...

Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:02:33 PM

As a scientist, I can see that the Dev teams are heading into a positive direction.  While they have under estimated on how much the investment pool needs to generate in order to sustain a high trading value, they are reassessing the next steps that needs to be done. They are going back to the drawing board and back to square one.  They have obtained some really good data that the whole cryptocurrency can learn from.

However, I am disappointed how we are slightly mislead to believe that the value is going to sustain at 0.00115 to 0.00200 or higher, given the "opportunity costs" and "network difficulties" was relatively high. For those that bought in early and expect it to grow higher, I sympathize with you. This might have left some bad taste in many early adopter's mouth.

Nonetheless,  the way Aircoin is priced is novel to the crypto world.  We usually expect a massive spike in value and then decline it back to pretty much the original state.  Instead, we see a modest peak and then go back to the proposed value. No body got rich there since the volume is so low. Also nobody would have gone broke as the value of the coin is not Zero.

I am still a strong supporter but I can't really tell what's in store for Aircoin. At worst we will bottom at 0.00115, at best we see a 5to20% increase every week. Regardless, the Team is making effort to address the concerns and given us a few proposals that they want to try. The New wallet and the extra algorithm is a good start.  

Reducing block reward may deter multipool but may hurt the current hashrate as miners can't make enough to pay off their expenses. So the Dev's need to figure out a plan to keep the backbone of the community happier

We also really need marketing to breathe some life back to Aircoin.

Since the coin is still young, I'll stick around to it a bit longer and hope that we all get heftily rewarded for our perseverance.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:03:48 PM

"I wanted a new wallet/algo and all I got was a lousy t-shirt with a campus picture"  Cool
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:31:41 PM

As a scientist, I can see that the Dev teams are heading into a positive direction.  While they have under estimated on how much the investment pool needs to generate in order to sustain a high trading value, they are reassessing the next steps that needs to be done. They are going back to the drawing board and back to square one.  They have obtained some really good data that the whole cryptocurrency can learn from.

However, I am disappointed how we are slightly mislead to believe that the value is going to sustain at 0.00115 to 0.00200 or higher, given the "opportunity costs" and "network difficulties" was relatively high. For those that bought in early and expect it to grow higher, I sympathize with you. This might have left some bad taste in many early adopter's mouth.

Nonetheless,  the way Aircoin is priced is novel to the crypto world.  We usually expect a massive spike in value and then decline it back to pretty much the original state.  Instead, we see a modest peak and then go back to the proposed value. No body got rich there since the volume is so low. Also nobody would have gone broke as the value of the coin is not Zero.

I am still a strong supporter but I can't really tell what's in store for Aircoin. At worst we will bottom at 0.00115, at best we see a 5to20% increase every week. Regardless, the Team is making effort to address the concerns and given us a few proposals that they want to try. The New wallet and the extra algorithm is a good start.  

Reducing block reward may deter multipool but may hurt the current hashrate as miners can't make enough to pay off their expenses. So the Dev's need to figure out a plan to keep the backbone of the community happier

We also really need marketing to breathe some life back to Aircoin.

Since the coin is still young, I'll stick around to it a bit longer and hope that we all get heftily rewarded for our perseverance.

Well said. Definitely need a wider audience and an exchange with bigger volume.

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

"I wanted a new wallet/algo and all I got was a lousy t-shirt with a campus picture"  Cool

LMAO

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:57:45 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 10:11:27 PM by ISAWHIM

Where is the update?

Says it is below the announcement... But it is not...

Website still has the old version number 0.8.6.2... Is the updated file there? Or did you forget to update the version number again?

Hash-rate is dropping, but I have not found a coin in almost 24 hours. (At this hash-rate, I should have found at-least one by now. Six normally on this rig.)

Diff is only 11.6729736328125 (765K)

Guess I should pull this last miner too. Hope everything gets sorted.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:20:42 PM

Hope you guys are going to promote this on the campus... To start.

Between gambling on home-games there and beer-pong betting... I am sure this coin could take a turn for the best, to start. Tongue

AIRcoin -> Beer-pong -> Home-Games -> Porn -> Tutoring -> Frat-Parties -> Hookah's

It seems so natural... They all need AIR!

How long can you survive without AIR... Don't be that guy who doesn't have enough AIR to survive... Take a breadth of fresh AIR, you can thank me later! (Play on words)

Code:
Breadth:
  1:  distance from side to side :  width
  2:  something of full width
  3:
    - a:  comprehensive quality :  scope <the breadth of his learning>
    - b:  liberality of views or taste <breadth of mind>
Juicemixer

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:05:25 PM

Any update at all from the devs would be nice. Morning is fast turning into night and still no word. Let us know it's going to be a while longer if you need more time. I'd even take a dev post telling me to kiss his ass at this point so I know at least where I stand on my holdings.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:38:19 AM

AIR is now down to 0.001061 BTC/AIR, which is about $0.599465 USD per AIR. (@ $565 USD/BTC)

Time to buy those discounted coins. (BTC is on another rise. Possible market flip coming. Time for the run of the bulls.)
AIRcoin Proteus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Any update at all from the devs would be nice. Morning is fast turning into night and still no word. Let us know it's going to be a while longer if you need more time. I'd even take a dev post telling me to kiss his ass at this point so I know at least where I stand on my holdings.

I apologize everyone for the delay, this would be my fault.  Things seem to compile correctly and the wallet even attempts to sync, but hangs there.  This is without version incrementation, mind you.  I'm still getting to the root of the issue, but I will keep you posted.  I'll be making time sensitive announcements about this wallet update from now on, too.  If you wish to PM me or email me with more questions, feel free.  

P.S: From one person (heavily) invested in AIRcoin to another, KEEP those AIRcoins.  You're going to need them later (I can only speak for TeamAIRcoin's growing investment in this project, no numbers to back that up).  Still working to resolve the new update,

-- Proteus, Lead Technical Developer
scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:51:49 AM

I apologize everyone for the delay, this would be my fault.  Things seem to compile correctly and the wallet even attempts to sync, but hangs there.  This is without version incrementation, mind you.  I'm still getting to the root of the issue, but I will keep you posted.  I'll be making time sensitive announcements about this wallet update from now on, too.  If you wish to PM me or email me with more questions, feel free.  

P.S: From one person (heavily) invested in AIRcoin to another, KEEP those AIRcoins.  You're going to need them later (I can only speak for TeamAIRcoin's growing investment in this project, no numbers to back that up).  Still working to resolve the new update,

Appreciate the update. Wish i could contribute assistance but you are far more skilled than i am. Good luck !

Poloniex Moderator
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:54:21 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 02:32:11 AM by ISAWHIM

I apologize everyone for the delay, this would be my fault.  Things seem to compile correctly and the wallet even attempts to sync, but hangs there.  This is without version incrementation, mind you.

That makes no sense... Why would you NOT incrament the version number on such a major change, or even a minor change?

At-least append a note or something to indicate that the download is "not the old version"... The purpose for version numbers is to indicate a change forward. The purpose for a major version change is to stress the importance of "need to update".

If this is a needed update, it needs a new major version number. (Especially if it has any checkpoints and modifications to reward.)

This is almost more disturbing than the actual update itself.
AIRcoin Proteus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:39:26 AM

I apologize everyone for the delay, this would be my fault.  Things seem to compile correctly and the wallet even attempts to sync, but hangs there.  This is without version incrementation, mind you.

That makes no sense... Why would you NOT incrament the version number on such a major change, or even a minor change?

At-least append a note or something to indicate that the download is "not the old version"... The purpose for version numbers is to indicate a change forward. The purpose for a major version change is to stress the importance of "need to update".

If this is a needed update, it needs a new major version number. (Especially if it has any checkpoints and modifications to reward.)

This is almost more disturbing than the actual update itself.

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I intend on incrementing the version number, I just posted to let everyone know that I have tried compiling with incrementation and without.  Some Devs find not incrementing the version number to be a solution in a situation like this.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:44:24 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 03:06:02 AM by ISAWHIM

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I intend on incrementing the version number, I just posted to let everyone know that I have tried compiling with incrementation and without.  Some Devs find not incrementing the version number to be a solution in a situation like this.

But how will we know it is the "updated" version... if it does not indicate it.

So... It isn't up yet, or it is?

P.S. You can alter the sub-version, it should not impact anything internally... Thus all the decimal places and the sub-version "title text"...

Version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
New version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-charlie or gamma (That should not have any impact on anything internal)

Remember, not every user reads these forums... posting "new update" but not changing the version, makes them think they already have the new version.

Difficulty down to 10.498046875 (688K), so solo-mining is possible again.
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:48:51 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 03:12:13 AM by Cryptosapiens

It´s not up yet .... or at least is what I've understood from Proteus words.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: