Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
teekan

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:09:35 AM

can someone PLEASE upload the
cpuminer-2.3.2-GC3355-win32.rar  program please, you can't download it on the provided link in the guide, so we can't even get started.   Sad
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EricKennedy (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:30:04 AM

I asked some questions that everyone is asking to asiabtc, here are his answers :

1. will you give root password to access the controllers, so we can change them and prevent any access. This is a security issue
we cannot provide now. we developed much code based on gc3355. if public, cannot protect us.

2. no one has been able to achieve the 5Mhs hashrate from your secret screenshot, why ?
its working under pc control. we use 703N. its not so powerful. and we never promise to let it run at 5mhs by controller. we cannot release the code when find way to protect it.

3. will there be a firmware update for the controller, and will it impact performance ?
yes. new firmware can make it more stable.

Personaly, I don't understand this "closed source" approach ; it's much better to buy from other reseller with unlocked features and let the community work on better software.

EricKennedy (OP)

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:39:19 AM

I tried to put 20 units on one controller (as it was supposed to be for a LA6M), but it doesn't work at all.
Webapp is extremely slow, half of units are hashing at 0.

MicroCC

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:48:52 AM

I asked some questions that everyone is asking to asiabtc, here are his answers :

1. will you give root password to access the controllers, so we can change them and prevent any access. This is a security issue
we cannot provide now. we developed much code based on gc3355. if public, cannot protect us.

2. no one has been able to achieve the 5Mhs hashrate from your secret screenshot, why ?
its working under pc control. we use 703N. its not so powerful. and we never promise to let it run at 5mhs by controller. we cannot release the code when find way to protect it.

3. will there be a firmware update for the controller, and will it impact performance ?
yes. new firmware can make it more stable.

Personaly, I don't understand this "closed source" approach ; it's much better to buy from other reseller with unlocked features and let the community work on better software.

looks like these units are a big fail overall, most users are not pleased with the performance of these miners, and even worst performance from the the sellers themselves. they wont event let you guys get into the control and allow you features that are requires for you to even start hashing
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:09:17 AM

can someone PLEASE upload the
cpuminer-2.3.2-GC3355-win32.rar  program please, you can't download it on the provided link in the guide, so we can't even get started.   Sad

I uploaded it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/cpuminer-232-gc3355-win32

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:34:58 AM

here is the actual firmware / software ... it.s using openwrt. (wiibox.net)

of the orginal wiibox controller ....

http://www.wiibox.net/down/v2.0.2.zip

a way to ... flash would be already enough ... I think just with the right software this should be possible.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482352.0

Please post your attempts ...

there is a white ... button on the controller ... that should leave it in a flashable mode.

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
Girhes

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:48:08 PM

If any of you live in the EU and got the LA6M package with the free bonus controller I'm interested in buying the surplus controller at a reasonable price. I'm waiting at a better USD/BTC rate to order my pack, but I would like to open the fw and make some changes like per unit clock speed adjustments at 1Mhz steps until my order gets here.

darkfriend77 the 2.0.2 update is not for a plain openwrt install I think, but to update an original wiibox.

Also in case anybody has an original wiibox please log in and look at system stats while hashing - maybe the little tp-link board is running out of resources which would add to instablity.
darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:00:06 PM

If any of you live in the EU and got the LA6M package with the free bonus controller I'm interested in buying the surplus controller at a reasonable price. I'm waiting at a better USD/BTC rate to order my pack, but I would like to open the fw and make some changes like per unit clock speed adjustments at 1Mhz steps until my order gets here.

darkfriend77 the 2.0.2 update is not for a plain openwrt install I think, but to update an original wiibox.

I could probably do an image of my controller ...

I will get a LA6M ... lol ... or maybee I should get one ... ^^ payed Jack on 13. Feb. with BTC ... so ... let's see

maardein

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:00:32 PM

Also in case anybody has an original wiibox please log in and look at system stats while hashing - maybe the little tp-link board is running out of resources which would add to instablity.

The controller is just a TP-Link TL-WR703N with custom firmware. You could probably also buy one of these from Amazon, and flash it with the lightningasic firmware. (haven't tried it yet, but should be possible)

richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:00:38 PM

If any of you live in the EU and got the LA6M package with the free bonus controller I'm interested in buying the surplus controller at a reasonable price.

As eric said a few posts back, the controller does not seem to be able to handle 20. I think I saw somewhere that it might be able to handle 15.
darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:06:33 PM

The controller is just a TP-Link TL-WR703N with custom firmware. You could probably also buy one of these from Amazon, and flash it with the lightningasic firmware. (haven't tried it yet, but should be possible)

I will get one ... if we manage to get .. away from those 67$ priced controllers from gridseed ... and can handle the cgminer and cpuminer ... on them .... we will be far better of ... also open-source we can try to evolve it ... and have better monitoring possibilities ...

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n

Girhes

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:11:49 PM

You mean a photo of the unit itself? Smiley We already know the exact model. If you mean partition images you'll need root access to do that.

There are lots of similar hardware you could flash the firmware on - the main point is how to get the firmware itself because lightningasic will never release it.

maardein

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:13:35 PM

I will get one ... if we manage to get .. away from those 67$ priced controllers from gridseed ... and can handle the cgminer and cpuminer ... on them .... we will be far better of ... also open-source we can try to evolve it ... and have better monitoring possibilities ...

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n

I don't understand why they don't release the linux driver for the gridseed units. OpenWRT is just a tiny linux version right? Then why isn't there a linux driver yet Sad That would make it easy to just run it on a raspi, which can probably handle many more units than the TP link device does. For me, it would be best if I could just forget about the TP link as soon as possible.

darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:19:06 PM

You mean a photo of the unit itself? Smiley We already know the exact model. If you mean partition images you'll need root access to do that.

The orginal wiibox ... from gridseed have root access so have I.

Lightningasic made a custom ... build for his controllers ... everyone else in the world is using wiibox 2.0.2 which has simple root access psw. 123456

... so ... don't understand your problem ... I can do an image of my controller ... the question is can you flash it? ... http://www.wiibox.net/help

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:25:57 PM

I cut open the power cord received by LightningASIC to power a switch but the colors do not match the pictures. I have green (ground), black (unknown), and white (unknown) wires. These are probably standard colors but could someone confirm if black is positive or negative? I assume green much be ground but I could be wrong there too.
Girhes

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:29:21 PM

I don't understand why they don't release the linux driver for the gridseed units. OpenWRT is just a tiny linux version right? Then why isn't there a linux driver yet Sad That would make it easy to just run it on a raspi, which can probably handle many more units than the TP link device does. For me, it would be best if I could just forget about the TP link as soon as possible.
Well there are a few things you could try.

At https://github.com/gridseed/ you can find modified cgminer and cpuminer source codes which you could cross compile for the raspberry. Well they are old and as far as I know need some tweaking before you can compile them, but they should work less or more.

You can also download the v2.0.2 update from http://www.wiibox.net/down/v2.0.2.zip and find a cgminer binary inside. This one is compiled for MIPS so won't run on the raspberry, but you could find better hardware than the WR703N to run it.

Good news for you is the developers of scripta are working on gridseed support since a while, maybe just wait until they get it done - http://www.lateralfactory.com/scripta/

darkfriend77 My problem is that I want the locked firmware Smiley
maardein

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:35:32 PM

Well there are a few things you could try.

At https://github.com/gridseed/ you can find modified cgminer and cpuminer source codes which you could cross compile for the raspberry. Well they are old and as far as I know need some tweaking before you can compile them, but they should work less or more.

You can also download the v2.0.2 update from http://www.wiibox.net/down/v2.0.2.zip and find a cgminer binary inside. This one is compiled for MIPS so won't run on the raspberry, but you could find better hardware than the WR703N to run it.

Good news for you is the developers of scripta are working on gridseed support since a while, maybe just wait until they get it done - http://www.lateralfactory.com/scripta/

Yeah, I have been watching scripta. They currently don't support SHA256 though, and I would love to be able to at least use the SHA256 capability when I want to. I will start experimenting with some of the options you mention.

worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:36:12 PM

I cut open the power cord received by LightningASIC to power a switch but the colors do not match the pictures. I have green (ground), black (unknown), and white (unknown) wires. These are probably standard colors but could someone confirm if black is positive or negative? I assume green much be ground but I could be wrong there too.

I went through the same thing.  Please check this post for the picture and final outcome:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5290687#msg5290687

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:39:52 PM

what is the benefit of the locked firmware from ... lightningasic?

anything special ... the orginal wiibox is going pretty well for dual mining and scrypt only ... it lackes of realtime hash monitoring ... but there are some modifications ... to add it ... ad least monitoring .. ^^

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

I went through the same thing.  Please check this post for the picture and final outcome:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5290687#msg5290687

Cheers,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: