Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
Ofenkaese

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:40:10 PM

Very cool, thank you very much for sharing the link. Will also go to donate.
Do you also have an image version containing the detailed frequency setup? Would love to test that.

Here's a link to the complied version of cgminer made by Girhes:  https://mega.co.nz/#!asJixSiC!kNLgTzZv4qN1j06yptsC__KVdFZ7n8zsRydVja1dwPw

Please don't forget to donate to him as well if you like the modified version he's made!  Donate to Girhes here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5752544#msg5752544

Once you download this version, you'll want to backup the existing one by renaming it to another file name.  Then take this version and change it's name from cgminer.girhes to cgminer instead.

Also, don't forget to change permissions on this file so you can execute it.

Hi,
downloaded and I'm about to setup. Would you please tell me the root pass? Checked here and there but cannot find this piece of information. Only pi:raspberry...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

I'm getting very nervous about setting up my LA3M having read this thread. I was thinking about using Raspberry Pi, but I have no technical acumen whatsoever...

What are the honest chances of a noob getting this running in an evening?

With the included controller I was up and running in < 30mins.

I then took on a bit of a challenge to use RasPi instead of the controller..and have been learning bits and pieces over the past few weeks.  So many people on this forum and litecointalk have helped to educate me and for that I'm forever grateful!  Linux doesn't have to be a big scary monster after all.  Smiley

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:13:31 PM

Very cool, thank you very much for sharing the link. Will also go to donate.
Do you also have an image version containing the detailed frequency setup? Would love to test that.

Here's a link to the complied version of cgminer made by Girhes:  https://mega.co.nz/#!asJixSiC!kNLgTzZv4qN1j06yptsC__KVdFZ7n8zsRydVja1dwPw

Please don't forget to donate to him as well if you like the modified version he's made!  Donate to Girhes here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5752544#msg5752544

Once you download this version, you'll want to backup the existing one by renaming it to another file name.  Then take this version and change it's name from cgminer.girhes to cgminer instead.

Also, don't forget to change permissions on this file so you can execute it.

Hi,
downloaded and I'm about to setup. Would you please tell me the root pass? Checked here and there but cannot find this piece of information. Only pi:raspberry...

Honestly I don't know.  I downloaded Rasbian Wheezy and I believe it doesn't have one set...see here:  http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I_don.27t_know_the_root_password

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:30:40 PM

I got everything going but can't get the raspberry to start mining.

Is this command correct?

screen -dmS 1 sudo ./cgminer --config=cgminer.conf
richmke

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

The "screen" command launches it in a separate process. To see it mining, you have to "Screen -r 1" to switch to the screen (the "1" being what you typed after "-dmS")

While you are trying to get things to work, just use "sudo ./cgminer --config=cgminer.conf" without the "screen" so you can see what is happening. When everything is working, then you will want to use the screen command so you can launch the mining, and detach from the Pi without stopping the mining.
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:25:07 PM

I got a JSON decode of file 'cgminer.conf' failed unexpected token near ']' error now.

EDIT: Got it working.  Now will set different frequencies to see how it goes. Thanks for the help!
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:12:52 AM

I'm getting very nervous about setting up my LA3M having read this thread. I was thinking about using Raspberry Pi, but I have no technical acumen whatsoever...

I then took on a bit of a challenge to use RasPi instead of the controller..and have been learning bits and pieces over the past few weeks.  So many people on this forum and litecointalk have helped to educate me and for that I'm forever grateful!  Linux doesn't have to be a big scary monster after all.  Smiley

Was it worth the investment if your time? I am busy enough with life stuff that I would have to sacrifice sleep hours to educate myself. I was thinking of just doing the supplied controller and getting a smartphone reboot wall plug thingy.

Thanks also to everyone else for their replies.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:52:15 AM

I then took on a bit of a challenge to use RasPi instead of the controller..and have been learning bits and pieces over the past few weeks.  So many people on this forum and litecointalk have helped to educate me and for that I'm forever grateful!  Linux doesn't have to be a big scary monster after all.  Smiley

Was it worth the investment if your time? I am busy enough with life stuff that I would have to sacrifice sleep hours to educate myself. I was thinking of just doing the supplied controller and getting a smartphone reboot wall plug thingy.

I've been running the first few weeks with the LA controller and the only modification being to wire 10 plugs per PSU (scrypt only!). I also ran it with the Belkin WeMo 'smartphone reboot wall plug thingy' which is necessary if you are not around to power cycle dead/frozen miners. Although this became less of an issue with V2 of the LA controller firmware.

So if you just want to get hashing ASAP then you should have minimal issues with the supplied equipment.

Many people here see this as a hobby, i am one of those guys. So I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting intimate with RasPi, building some kind of custom case (taking some ideas from Spotswood and Eric Kenedy here) and learning how to splice PCIE cables safely.

My goal is to have my 60 gridseeds, 6 USB hubs and 3 RasPis all in the same custom case, running off one ATX PSU.
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:53:54 AM

Just had a shut down of the miner a bit ago. This raspi image i'm using might not be ideal.
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

Just had a shut down of the miner a bit ago. This raspi image i'm using might not be ideal.

More details please

Which RasPi image are you using?

There is a known error with misc's Scripta image. Apparently 'slub_debug=FP has to be on the first line'

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.300

Have you tried Worldly's RasPi image?
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:27:18 PM

I then took on a bit of a challenge to use RasPi instead of the controller..and have been learning bits and pieces over the past few weeks.  So many people on this forum and litecointalk have helped to educate me and for that I'm forever grateful!  Linux doesn't have to be a big scary monster after all.  Smiley

I've been running the first few weeks with the LA controller and the only modification being to wire 10 plugs per PSU (scrypt only!). I also ran it with the Belkin WeMo 'smartphone reboot wall plug thingy' which is necessary if you are not around to power cycle dead/frozen miners. Although this became less of an issue with V2 of the LA controller firmware.

So if you just want to get hashing ASAP then you should have minimal issues with the supplied equipment.

Many people here see this as a hobby, i am one of those guys. So I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting intimate with RasPi, building some kind of custom case (taking some ideas from Spotswood and Eric Kenedy here) and learning how to splice PCIE cables safely.

My goal is to have my 60 gridseeds, 6 USB hubs and 3 RasPis all in the same custom case, running off one ATX PSU.

Wow, I wish I had that kind of hashing power!

10 gridseeds and 10 dualminers will have to suffice for now....

Let me understand correctly--I need to buy a PSU in addition to the LA3m kit?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
Ofenkaese

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:52:15 PM

Wow, I wish I had that kind of hashing power!

10 gridseeds and 10 dualminers will have to suffice for now....

Let me understand correctly--I need to buy a PSU in addition to the LA3m kit?

no, you don't have to. It's just a private goal to replace the origninal psus using one atx psu...
L-ZiX

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:24:42 PM

I sent you PM, but you not answer. How I can get it ?
Good news everyone! Stable firmware for LightningAsic controllers is underway, it should be ready for public in the coming week and it will be possible to upgrade (from v1, v2, v2.1..) by uploading it to the upload page. The firmware .bin will be released for public, but it is compatible only with LightningAsic controllers. Upgrading from factory Tp-link 703N will not work and it might brick your Tp-link, so don't even try!
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:12:49 PM

I sent you PM, but you not answer. How I can get it ?
Good news everyone! Stable firmware for LightningAsic controllers is underway, it should be ready for public in the coming week and it will be possible to upgrade (from v1, v2, v2.1..) by uploading it to the upload page. The firmware .bin will be released for public, but it is compatible only with LightningAsic controllers. Upgrading from factory Tp-link 703N will not work and it might brick your Tp-link, so don't even try!

its not out yet....
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

More details please

Which RasPi image are you using?

There is a known error with misc's Scripta image. Apparently 'slub_debug=FP has to be on the first line'

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.300

Have you tried Worldly's RasPi image?

I was using this one:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.270

Yes by worldly.  Seems to have had some type of screen timeout on the pi or something. Said it was terminated. Also looks like one of my machines is not mining. Shows 0 accepted but does show hashrate.
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:04:11 PM

I received this morning 2xLA3M (paid in BTC on February 9th).

Each LA3M is composed of :
- 10x hashing units (each composed of 5 chips)
- 2x 12v PSU
- 1 controller
- 1 USB hub (10 ports)
- all necessary cables and power supplies

Setup is easy, I was able to mine in less than 30 minutes.

Here are the performances :

I couldn't go over 3000khs in scrypt, whatever the core frequency is.
Dual mode LTC/BTC doesn't look very stable : 80Ghs BTC and 1500Mhs LTC.

I didn't flash the units, don't know if it would change anything, since the image I have if from January 19th

I have had one problem on a rig, caused by the USB hub. You should see both red and green light on the hub.
If only red, then something is wrong. Couldn't find what causes this.

What does it mean if only the green light blinks when connecting to to usb and power. BFGMiner running and showing a hash rate of 360 but not getting any accepted shares.
Ofenkaese

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:08:26 AM

- 2x 12v PSU
- 1 controller
- 1 USB hub (10 ports)

https://i.imgur.com/6Ir3ZPa.png

I didn't flash the units, don't know if it would change anything, since the image I have if from January 19th

I have had one problem on a rig, caused by the USB hub. You should see both red and green light on the hub.

What does it mean if only the green light blinks when connecting to to usb and power. BFGMiner running and showing a hash rate of 360 but not getting any accepted shares.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:50:36 AM

- 2x 12v PSU
- 1 controller
- 1 USB hub (10 ports)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0

Tx
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:32:25 AM

I have a treat for all of you. I compiled for Windows girnyau's gridseed fork of cgminer that includes the fine-grain freq settings and freq-per-device settings.

Find it here: http://1drv.ms/1kKPsP2

Please excuse the hasty readme file, I wanted to share ASAP.

(Typical "be careful, unverified binary here" warning. Virus scan it if you want, I know it's clean.)

Feel free to donate to: 1AvazUbrKwY8wuxNMGFtt5KqGW8WXdx4JB

Cheers and enjoy.
Ofenkaese

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:17:47 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718882/CGM.jpg

Running now for 16h without problems on RASPI.
Frequencies seem to be okay. Maybe I have to downsize it for two miners by one step. How do you think about 16 HW in 16 hours? Is this okay?

EDIT: Pool shows rates between 3400 and 3700 kh/s
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: