Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
lishbtc

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:58:24 PM

I've got it working now I'm using powered hubs - 20 gridseeds on the one Pi controller.

The crashes have gone away, the problem now is cgminer will stop submitting work after about ten minutes (the miners keep hashing, just no shares submitted for 30mins+).  Killing it and starting a new process doesn't help.  Rebooting the USB hub doesn't help.  Power cycling the miners doesn't help.

Cycling the Pi seems to fix it temporarily until the next time.

I'm running with 12, so it's possible 20 is too much. Might want to also verify that the PSU is still ok by using a multimeter to check 12V rail when cgminer stops submitting shares.

Interestingly I've noticed there is actually a slow decline in work utility until it hits a threshold where it just stops submitting shares at all.  Work utility degradation starts after about 1 minute.

Going to get the multimeter out now.

Doesn't seem to be a power issue, 12v stable.  Will cut down the number of miners and test.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

I just want to get a sense of what the general verdict is:

1) just get the miners and source your own accessories ?

or

2) get the full kit ?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:20:32 PM

or

2) get the full kit ?

If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the miners and source all the rest myself...I much prefer my RasPi-based setup instead.  Of course this would only have been possible due to the way folks on this forum have been sharing their knowledge and expertise -- I'm a windows guy  Lips sealed so getting Linux help for my RasPi was critical to this approach.

Also, one of the silver the PSUs I got burned out on the 3rd day.   Cry  So I found a replacement from Amazon and I like that one better only because the fan on it has a thermal sensor and only runs when needed.  Subtle little difference but beneficial.  Later I learned you could run these off of an ATX power supply so that's the next move once these sliver PSUs finally give out.

Nothing beats standardized parts for which replacements are easily sourced...so other than the miners all the rest is easily had (and in some cases cheaper).  My RasPi cost me $50 vs. the controller which typically sells for $60-$100 depending upon where you buy it from.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:47:04 PM

If you don't want to run a bunch of cpuminers, I have posted modified cgminer sources to allow LTC-only mode: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355. I have this running on a Raspberry Pi with 10 devices.
A big thanks to Andareed from the team of Scripta!
Currently running one Gridseed unit with Scripta and your cgminer: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg138195#msg138195
Thanks CH... Does it work with Ras. PI only or I can hook them all up direct to your cgminer via usb hub?
Not sure I got the question right...but what I am using is a Raspberry Pi (with Scripta) and D-link USB Hub where I plugged a gridseed 5 chip miner (I believe you could plug more units...but I have only one...sadly!). Is not my cgminer...is Andareed version!  Wink

Was just curious if it was possible to hook up these gridseed units to the computer directly via USB hub (no controller)... Will Andareed cgminer recognize each device as separate miner much like it recognizes GPUs. Reason I'm curious is cgminer allows you to add failover pools along with other options which I think is not possible using controller they come with (not sure about Scripta and Ras.pi).

Anyways, thanks for your help and giving us more setup options,

Vadim
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:58:06 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:16:30 AM by worldlybedouin

If you don't want to run a bunch of cpuminers, I have posted modified cgminer sources to allow LTC-only mode: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355. I have this running on a Raspberry Pi with 10 devices.
A big thanks to Andareed from the team of Scripta!
Currently running one Gridseed unit with Scripta and your cgminer: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg138195#msg138195
Thanks CH... Does it work with Ras. PI only or I can hook them all up direct to your cgminer via usb hub?
Not sure I got the question right...but what I am using is a Raspberry Pi (with Scripta) and D-link USB Hub where I plugged a gridseed 5 chip miner (I believe you could plug more units...but I have only one...sadly!). Is not my cgminer...is Andareed version!  Wink

Was just curious if it was possible to hook up these gridseed units to the computer directly via USB hub (no controller)... Will Andareed cgminer recognize each device as separate miner much like it recognizes GPUs. Reason I'm curious is cgminer allows you to add failover pools along with other options which I think is not possible using controller they come with (not sure about Scripta and Ras.pi).

Anyways, thanks for your help and giving us more setup options,

Vadim

Here's how I'm using Andareed's cgminer + Scripta:

cgminer.conf:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"name" : "Pool 1",
"url" : "firstpool.com:3333",
"user" : "myworker.1",
"pass" : "mypassword",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
{
"name" : "Pool 2",
"url" : "secondpool.com:3333",
"user" : "myworker.1",
"pass" : "mypassword",
"pool-priority" : "1"
}
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true,
"failover-only" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"gridseed-options" : "baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5"
}

Then run cgminer from the command prompt:

Code:
screen -dmS 1 sudo ./cgminer --config=cgminer.conf

Last, view the Scripta dashboard based on the IP address of my RasPi ex: http://192.168.1.25 so I get this dashboard:  http://imgur.com/RfHShOL

Edit:  Looks like user qiqiji over on the official Scripta thread figured out how to make Andareed's cgminer work directly with Scripta.  https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg138403#msg138403 

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:49:37 AM

or

2) get the full kit ?

If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the miners and source all the rest myself...I much prefer my RasPi-based setup instead.  Of course this would only have been possible due to the way folks on this forum have been sharing their knowledge and expertise -- I'm a windows guy  Lips sealed so getting Linux help for my RasPi was critical to this approach.

Also, one of the silver the PSUs I got burned out on the 3rd day.   Cry  So I found a replacement from Amazon and I like that one better only because the fan on it has a thermal sensor and only runs when needed.  Subtle little difference but beneficial.  Later I learned you could run these off of an ATX power supply so that's the next move once these sliver PSUs finally give out.

Nothing beats standardized parts for which replacements are easily sourced...so other than the miners all the rest is easily had (and in some cases cheaper).  My RasPi cost me $50 vs. the controller which typically sells for $60-$100 depending upon where you buy it from.

I am with you, I had too many bad experiences with China Power supplies and these look like doo doo also.

Another gent on BCT sold cards that make a Dell Server power supply into a nice 750 Watt bitcoin friendly power supply.

Runs 50 units very nicely
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:04:01 AM

Another gent on BCT sold cards that make a Dell Server power supply into a nice 750 Watt bitcoin friendly power supply.

Link?

Smiley
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:41:54 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:49:36 AM by Andareed

On my devices the vendor id is the same, so the plugdev file should be universal.
Did you have success on frequencies above 850 MHz?
I noticed you put a voltage section in the configuration, that sets some voltage on gpio5
Is this documented somewhere else ? I looked in the datasheet but couldn't find anything there, neither in the gridseed cgminer version on github.
Where did you find this additional information ?
For now it's running stable on my pi @850MHz for 3 hours and my pi is clocked at default frequency.

https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/blob/master/hardware/GC3355%20USB%20for%20release.pdf?raw=true

Look for vid0 and vid1. By default vid0 is low, but unfortunately setting it high reduces the voltage. It's possible to bridge solder ovd33 to vid1 (low by default), but that might also lower the voltage. If you were really adventurous, I think you could attempt to replace resistor R139 (27k) with one of slightly lower resistance. I'm finding 850 MHz to be a good choice.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:12:47 AM

Go LightningAsic!

Also, people, try out SCRYPTGUILD.COM

it's a new multi coin w/ auto switch to more profitable coin Mining Pool. The admin. runs BTCGUILD. And you can auto convert to BTC, or keep the scrypt coin you want and convert those you don't. I am pointing 2MHs at it currently and will do the rest tonite.
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:04:10 AM

Link?

Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379677.0

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:10:49 AM

Hi,

I already had it compiled but downloaded yours nevertheless... I get A:0 R:0 HW:0 WU:0.0/m

THe command line I'm using is:

./cgminet -o: pooladress -u user -p password --griseed-options=freq=850

Even address the baudrate to option but it sill doesn't work.

THe Debug info states the following:
LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT

It seems that it fails to initialize the GridSeed Miners.

regards,

P.

P.S. - Minerd works ok.

Try running this as root via sudo:

sudo ./cgminet -o: pooladress -u user -p password --griseed-options=freq=850

I'm already root....

regards,

P.
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:14:44 AM

Any chance of a Pi image with compiled binary? Smiley

Here's a compiled binary built on raspbian: https://db.tt/UygLkqwd

Hi,

I already had it compiled but downloaded yours nevertheless... I get A:0 R:0 HW:0 WU:0.0/m

THe command line I'm using is:

./cgminet -o: pooladress -u user -p password --griseed-options=freq=850

Even address the baudrate to option but it sill doesn't work.

THe Debug info states the following:
LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT

It seems that it fails to initialize the GridSeed Miners.

regards,

P.

P.S. - Minerd works ok.

You're missing --scrypt from your cgminer command Smiley

LOL!!!! That was the problem!!!! I thought this would be direct to scrypt and completly forgot about that!!!

DUH!!!! Brain not working from lack of sleep!  Grin

Thanks a bunch!

regards,

P.
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:55:44 AM

or

2) get the full kit ?

As far as PSU's go I prefer a standard quality PC PSU, I am using a modular PSU From Thermaltake 850watts  80Bronze certified. Each PCIE can accomodate 3 miners, and each IDE can accomadate 1 miner and a control board. Plus my thermaltake has a 3 year warranty
dyland

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:49:07 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 02:11:25 PM by dyland

or

2) get the full kit ?

If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the miners and source all the rest myself...I much prefer my RasPi-based setup instead.  Of course this would only have been possible due to the way folks on this forum have been sharing their knowledge and expertise -- I'm a windows guy  Lips sealed so getting Linux help for my RasPi was critical to this approach.

Also, one of the silver the PSUs I got burned out on the 3rd day.   Cry  So I found a replacement from Amazon and I like that one better only because the fan on it has a thermal sensor and only runs when needed.  Subtle little difference but beneficial.  Later I learned you could run these off of an ATX power supply so that's the next move once these sliver PSUs finally give out.

Nothing beats standardized parts for which replacements are easily sourced...so other than the miners all the rest is easily had (and in some cases cheaper).  My RasPi cost me $50 vs. the controller which typically sells for $60-$100 depending upon where you buy it from.

Thanks for this, and the other replies below above. I am not that technically adept when it comes to this stuff, so I suppose I may be better served with the full kit, but man, am I worried about babysitting these units--because I really can't.

Spent $2280 all in with shipping for a full kit....did I waste my money on accessories?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
Ruben383

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:05:45 PM

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I was only able to set up 5 out of my 10 miners from Lightingasic because one of the power supplies were bad. The other 5 according to the LightingAsic dashboard, at 850 frequency, the miners are averaging 1700 khash/s, under status they are all running. But under the accepted section I get anywhere from one unit to four units that read 0% accepted. After about two hours the system log says, Please remove power, one or more miners are hanging. Then restarts but I am never able to get all the units to start accepting blocks. And according to my pool I have only earned .1099 Ltc in just under 24 hours.What I would like to know is if this is normal for now or are there some adjustments I can make to get all my miners to accept work?
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I was only able to set up 5 out of my 10 miners from Lightingasic because one of the power supplies were bad. The other 5 according to the LightingAsic dashboard, at 850 frequency, the miners are averaging 1700 khash/s, under status they are all running. But under the accepted section I get anywhere from one unit to four units that read 0% accepted. After about two hours the system log says, Please remove power, one or more miners are hanging. Then restarts but I am never able to get all the units to start accepting blocks. And according to my pool I have only earned .1099 Ltc in just under 24 hours.What I would like to know is if this is normal for now or are there some adjustments I can make to get all my miners to accept work?

The 0% is actually the reject rate.

Ruben383

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

The 0% is actually the reject rate.

Thanks for your response. So as long as I have 0% or close to 0% it is working correctly. I have all 10 miners on one psu and they are all running on scrypt only mode.
vm_mpn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:10:12 AM

or

2) get the full kit ?

If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the miners and source all the rest myself...I much prefer my RasPi-based setup instead.  Of course this would only have been possible due to the way folks on this forum have been sharing their knowledge and expertise -- I'm a windows guy  Lips sealed so getting Linux help for my RasPi was critical to this approach.

Also, one of the silver the PSUs I got burned out on the 3rd day.   Cry  So I found a replacement from Amazon and I like that one better only because the fan on it has a thermal sensor and only runs when needed.  Subtle little difference but beneficial.  Later I learned you could run these off of an ATX power supply so that's the next move once these sliver PSUs finally give out.

Nothing beats standardized parts for which replacements are easily sourced...so other than the miners all the rest is easily had (and in some cases cheaper).  My RasPi cost me $50 vs. the controller which typically sells for $60-$100 depending upon where you buy it from.

Thanks for this, and the other replies below above. I am not that technically adept when it comes to this stuff, so I suppose I may be better served with the full kit, but man, am I worried about babysitting these units--because I really can't.

Spent $2280 all in with shipping for a full kit....did I waste my money on accessories?

D, if it's not a secret where have you ordered your set from?

Vadim
dyland

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:05:43 AM

or

2) get the full kit ?

D, if it's not a secret where have you ordered your set from?

Vadim

Unless you are in Canada, it will be hard to get that price, and not sure if it's still available. Member's name is "karanveer".

vm_mpn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:35:21 AM

I see... Private seller. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: