Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:08:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:37:07 PM

PLEASE HELP!

after 2 days of troubleshooting this I'm finally at the dashboard and see all my 10 miners but they are all OFFLINE and I can't get them to hash at all.  Huh  I have setup the scrypt pool and filled in stuff on the SHA-256 as well and left the enabled button unchecked (I just want to mine scrypt anyway)  

I tried doing the steps from worldlybedouin listed below with no luck as well...

1. Unplug power cable from TP-Link controller
2. Turn off the USB hub switch (or unplug the hub from the controller)
3. Remove all the USB cables from the hub except 1 of them
4. Plug in the TP-Links power cable
5. Allow the controller to start up and "settle" a bit (~2mins or so)
6. Make sure the controller dashboard shows no devices connected and says something about connecting a USB hub
7. Flip the power switch on the USB hub so now the 1 miner is connected to the controller
8. REfresh the Dashboard to see the 1 miner show up
9. Wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away
10. Next, plug in the remaining miners 1 by 1...about 1 min apart from each other

I got to Step 9 where it says to wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away for about 5 minutes before I pressed the submit and restart button and nothing still happens.    

Here is a picture of the system log..

I ALSO noticed that when I add the worker name and try and hit submit and restart the worker name doesn't add next to the LTC Miner name.   For instance I have 1 miner plugged and the name says LTC Miner 1:3;  if I put down "laminer.1" as my worker name and hit submit and restart, it won't show up in ( ) next to LTC Miner 1:3 like it should be like LTC Miner 1:3 (laminer.1)

When I enabled the SHA-256 box and put in a worker name for it and hit submit and restart, that actually showed up in ( ) next to the name, for instance BTC miner (laminer.1) and it says it was RUNNING!   but not the LTC Miner :/

Any help would be very deeply appreciated as I don't know what else to do, Please help Lightning Asic community!  Your my only hope!

UPDATE:  I think i made some progress.  you have to keep unchecking the enable button and re-enable on both scrypt and sha-256 and I FINALLY got a running status now for the miner I have hooked up now.   Now to get it to start hashing and hopefully it will and I can finally get this setup and then I can pay it forward and help other people out.  Smiley     I'm afraid to even refresh the dashboard, because last time i did the miner went back offline and the worker name wasn't associated with the miner anymore.    I don't see it hashing yet but heard it takes a bit to warm up so hopefully that is it.

Goin to pass out now since it's 5am, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know and thanks for helping. Smiley

Here's how far I'm at right now I just can't get it to hash yet and if I refresh the dashboard or come back to it the miner is back offline.

I do all this but they just wont start hashing :/

I added the protocol prefix but no luck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:41:03 PM

Have you tried to run these connected to a windows computer instead of the controller unit?  I ask because running these one at a time on your windows box may help to figure out if you've got a bad batch or not....or perhaps that the USB hub isn't working quite right or some other potential defect.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
Mudflap

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:03:26 PM

Even if you have no intention of mining BTC, make sure the BTC address and worker is 'real/live' one. Mine would not start hashing when I put a dummy address and worker.

HTH

andre1980

Activity: 436

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:47:05 PM

What's the best way to test these individually? Which drivers, commands?

Only used controller until now.

Hashing speeds are all over the place.. If i use my GPU i get 740KH/s constant..
But these units vary from Offline/0 to 330 (I've seen them mention 4000KH/s, but that is obviously an error..)

If i would be able to get ALL to hash, relatively stable, they would be worth it.
Hopefully the delayed firmware update will help..

By any chance, anyone have older firmware to test? I upgraded to RC1 right away, but maybe the older has different results?

P.S: I'm getting an "original" 10 piece gridseed set in as well, i'll check if these get different results..
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:27:19 PM

I'm afraid to even refresh the dashboard, because last time i did the miner went back offline and the worker name wasn't associated with the miner anymore.

Refreshing the dashboard (type in the ip address and hit enter) only reports status. It won't cause the miner to go offline.

I don't see it hashing yet but heard it takes a bit to warm up so hopefully that is it.

Sort of. It takes a while to calculate the first block and send the info. Once it is "running", you should be able to see something within a minute or two.

If you can get it to the "running" stage, then check your URL address/worker/password, and see if your pool shows the worker as connected.

Wafflepool is a good place to start. As long as you are pointing to the right server, it will feed you hashing jobs. It doesn't check the worker and password. Now, if you want to get paid, the worker address (btc address) has to be right. But, one thing at a time. Get it to start sending/accepting shares first.
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:57:12 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 07:12:35 PM by johnny5

PLEASE HELP!

after 2 days of troubleshooting this I'm finally at the dashboard and see all my 10 miners but they are all OFFLINE and I can't get them to hash at all.  Huh  I have setup the scrypt pool and filled in stuff on the SHA-256 as well and left the enabled button unchecked (I just want to mine scrypt anyway)  

I tried doing the steps from worldlybedouin listed below with no luck as well...

1. Unplug power cable from TP-Link controller
2. Turn off the USB hub switch (or unplug the hub from the controller)
3. Remove all the USB cables from the hub except 1 of them
4. Plug in the TP-Links power cable
5. Allow the controller to start up and "settle" a bit (~2mins or so)
6. Make sure the controller dashboard shows no devices connected and says something about connecting a USB hub
7. Flip the power switch on the USB hub so now the 1 miner is connected to the controller
8. REfresh the Dashboard to see the 1 miner show up
9. Wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away
10. Next, plug in the remaining miners 1 by 1...about 1 min apart from each other

I got to Step 9 where it says to wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away for about 5 minutes before I pressed the submit and restart button and nothing still happens.    

Here is a picture of the system log..

I ALSO noticed that when I add the worker name and try and hit submit and restart the worker name doesn't add next to the LTC Miner name.   For instance I have 1 miner plugged and the name says LTC Miner 1:3;  if I put down "laminer.1" as my worker name and hit submit and restart, it won't show up in ( ) next to LTC Miner 1:3 like it should be like LTC Miner 1:3 (laminer.1)

When I enabled the SHA-256 box and put in a worker name for it and hit submit and restart, that actually showed up in ( ) next to the name, for instance BTC miner (laminer.1) and it says it was RUNNING!   but not the LTC Miner :/

Any help would be very deeply appreciated as I don't know what else to do, Please help Lightning Asic community!  Your my only hope!

UPDATE:  I think i made some progress.  you have to keep unchecking the enable button and re-enable on both scrypt and sha-256 and I FINALLY got a running status now for the miner I have hooked up now.   Now to get it to start hashing and hopefully it will and I can finally get this setup and then I can pay it forward and help other people out.  Smiley     I'm afraid to even refresh the dashboard, because last time i did the miner went back offline and the worker name wasn't associated with the miner anymore.    I don't see it hashing yet but heard it takes a bit to warm up so hopefully that is it.

Goin to pass out now since it's 5am, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know and thanks for helping. Smiley

Here's how far I'm at right now I just can't get it to hash yet and if I refresh the dashboard or come back to it the miner is back offline.

Received units with controller yesterday, they hashed for about 6 hours, and then went offline, haven't been able to get them to work since.

Same issue here.  The LTC worker information never gets entered into the Miner Status section (seems to be the tell-tale sign), and the controller remains borked.  I've tried checking and unchecking the LTC and BTC miner working information and resubmitting, re-powering, re-plugging into hub/no-hub, rebooting in various combinations, all to no avail Sad

[2014-02-28 17:48:23] BTC process fails to start
[2014-02-28 17:48:23] All process shutdown - dual 1
[2014-02-28 17:48:23] Close the USB controller power
[2014-02-28 17:48:25] Open the USB controller power

I've tried compiling gridseed's minerd posted on github https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer, scripta's cgminer, and all have the same issue where they appear to be mining (they seem to be getting work) but not submitting shares.  Any idea how to fix?

@teekan - you said:
UPDATE:  I think i made some progress.  you have to keep unchecking the enable button and re-enable on both scrypt and sha-256 and I FINALLY got a running status now for the miner I have hooked up now.

did you actually verify that you were able to bring them back this way?? I'll keep clicking on those enable checkboxes, but so far, no luck :/

UPDATE: i unplugged it all and let it chill for a bit, then fired up just the controller, let it run for a few mins and settle, and had LTC-only mining enabled, then plugged in 1 'orb' to the controller (no hub) and the controller found the device(!), with the worker ID, and it says it's "Running"  unfortunately, it's not, as it has speed of 0 Kh/s and 0/0 accepted. changing values in the worker config messes it back up tho (with the missing worker text in the status area)  still can't make it hash :/

Girhes

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:01:29 PM

Guys keep in mind the controller doesn't actually show the hashrate of the devices. It uses a similar algorythm pools use to compute your hashrate based on the number and difficulty of shares the device submitted. The more lucky a device has been in the actual interval the more hashrate it will show.

To know their actual performance compared to GPUs we should run one of each on the same network, on the same pool, and draw a graph of how many diffiulty 1 shares they submitted a minute. When I finally get my units I'll do that, and also make a few other graphs like their temperature in ltc mode without a fan, performance at different clockrates etc.
pauljbl

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

whats the best freq you find for the miners
Mudflap

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:43:40 PM

Sweet spot for mine seems 850......
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:45:06 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the new controller firmware?  Or had any contact with Jack or his tech support team?  Recently?

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
gudmunsn

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

The raspberry pi binary just dropped on here https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg132325#msg132325 via Chirale

http://www.lateralfactory.com/download.php?file=minerd

This post is on behalf of drfranz! He is hell busy and asked me to post how to run gridseed "round units" on Raspberry PI.
This is for LTC mining only. We are currently working on the BTC mining.

Instructions:
1) Download minerd for Raspberry Pi here
2) Copy minerd into Raspberry Pi
3) Find dev name where gc3355 is attached to (es. /dev/ttyUSB0). You can run dmesg.
4) Launch the following command with the appropriate values:
minerd -G <yourDevice> -o <yourMiningPoolAddress:Port> -u <User> -p <Pass> --freq=600 -D
Frequency parametres is currently unused

Enjoy!

P.S. In the next couple of weeks we will try to release the new version of scripta running gridseed products as well as ltcgear boards.

Does anybody know the max number of gridseed units that can be run on a single raspberry pi?

worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:16:54 PM

The raspberry pi binary just dropped on here https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg132325#msg132325 via Chirale

http://www.lateralfactory.com/download.php?file=minerd

This post is on behalf of drfranz! He is hell busy and asked me to post how to run gridseed "round units" on Raspberry PI.
This is for LTC mining only. We are currently working on the BTC mining.

Instructions:
1) Download minerd for Raspberry Pi here
2) Copy minerd into Raspberry Pi
3) Find dev name where gc3355 is attached to (es. /dev/ttyUSB0). You can run dmesg.
4) Launch the following command with the appropriate values:
minerd -G <yourDevice> -o <yourMiningPoolAddress:Port> -u <User> -p <Pass> --freq=600 -D
Frequency parametres is currently unused

Enjoy!

P.S. In the next couple of weeks we will try to release the new version of scripta running gridseed products as well as ltcgear boards.

Does anybody know the max number of gridseed units that can be run on a single raspberry pi?

I was able to run all 10 of mine using the minerd on RasPi per DrFranz/Chirale.  That's all I have so I don't know if it will support more or not.

worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:17:52 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the new controller firmware?  Or had any contact with Jack or his tech support team?  Recently?

Just got done trading Skypes with one of Jack's tech support folks.  He's informed me that the firmware is done and that Jack is testing it on his farm.  Its been running for 14 hours so far and no issues.  So it sounds good.  Unfortunately no ETA on when it will actually be released.

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Okay i got a worker to show up but it wont submit shares.

Also one of my tp-links is broken?
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:17:42 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 10:04:41 PM by johnny5

I cannot for the life of me get a worker to show up. I hate my life...

at first i thought it was using stratum+tcp:// for pool prefix seemed to mess up the controller - but just now, i was testing it and changed from an http:// pool to stratum - and they started mining again - holy hell! - these are the first hashes in about 16 hours

Changing the pool prefix to http:// seemed to fix the missing worker issue - sometimes.  I also found it helpful to submit different core frequency values - and sometimes just giving it like 15-30 seconds (then reload the controller IP / dashboard), sometimes would magically make the workers re-appear (tho, none of them are hashing, even tho the UI says "Running" so not sure if this is helpful or not.)

After spamming refresh on the controller IP a bunch - i would see the workers all die & be missing the worker name and be offline, and got them hashing again just by submitting the form again without changing anything.   Clearly, the controller has room for improvement.

This worked for me:
  • enter your worker and pool info in both LTC & BTC sections (try http:// prefix for both), enable just the LTC, let it sit for min or so, refresh to confirm - no devices plugged in and shown
  • then power everything down, and fire just the controller back up, let it boot and run for a few mins
  • next, connect just 1 'orb' to the controller (no hub).
  • if you still are missing the worker info in the status window - try resubmitting the form with different core freq values - triple-check & verify your pool info is correct
  • each time you re-submit the form w/new values, it seems like it takes a good 15+ seconds for the new values to be applied so be patient.  i found spamming reload on just the dashboard/controller IP would give a decent status report of what's up

I had given up - so there's hope for you yet!
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

Okay i got a worker to show up but it wont submit shares.

Also one of my tp-links is broken?

Same problem here.
On Dual mode BTC mining works nicely, but LTC miners shows "runnig" 0 on controller, but nothing on pool - also ltc miner logs are empty. However system log on controller dashboard shows that LTC miners are on.. weird.
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

I was able to run all 10 of mine using the minerd on RasPi per DrFranz/Chirale.  That's all I have so I don't know if it will support more or not.

What hash rates are you getting? Can you set the speed, or are you at running at 600?
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Finally seems working... expect one unit which is dead, no light on leds, fan works, not shown... but 9 out of 10 works nice. Let's see.
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:34:01 PM

What hash rates are you getting? Can you set the speed, or are you at running at 600?

I didn't get a chance to run it very long because I was running all 10 of 1 PSU (my 2nd one burned out)...and since the minerd doesn't disable the BTC core I noticed that the power spiked and my last PSU would have burned out if I kept going...so I quickly shut it all down.  I plan on doing a proper test run this weekend so I'll let you know.

Edit:  The Frequency setting is not yet working on DrFranz's version of minerd...he's still working on that as well.

andre1980

Activity: 436

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:40:49 PM

Hi,

What's the best way to test an individual miner?
Connect 1 to the controller instead of the hub and wait a few minutes?

Would be great if some more advanced test (that FORCES it to try to hash at the max speed) were available, so you instantly know which one works and which not..
I assume some are defect, because i was told they hadn't time to check all individual miners.. (Some fans don't work in my case, or don't light up..) They all show up on the controller though.

Tried from my computer with minderd, but it can't connect to COM ports above COM9, so i can only test a few of them..
The ones that do connect seem to hash, etc and it see things happening in the console.. But, nothing is seen in the pool, so it doesn't seem to work.

I expect original gridseed units next week, i'll check what happens if i use those controllers (I'm expecting 2x 10 units for friends)

Andre

P.S: Still hope the FW update delivers SOME stability and speed as promised by Jack/LightningAsic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: