Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
bobby35ny

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

I cut open the power cord received by LightningASIC to power a switch but the colors do not match the pictures. I have green (ground), black (unknown), and white (unknown) wires. These are probably standard colors but could someone confirm if black is positive or negative? I assume green much be ground but I could be wrong there too.

From right to left.
BLACK WHITE GREEN

-bobby

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobby35ny

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:16:33 PM

I tried to put 20 units on one controller (as it was supposed to be for a LA6M), but it doesn't work at all.
Webapp is extremely slow, half of units are hashing at 0.

Hmmmm......
I have 10 running. a random 2 wont hash so I only run with 8.
I thought maybe it was a weak usb hub so I used a 10 slot tripp-lite and it still only runs 8, so the hub is not the issue.
So I guess its the controller/firmware.

-Bobby
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:18:42 PM

I tried to put 20 units on one controller (as it was supposed to be for a LA6M), but it doesn't work at all.

Hmmmm......
I thought maybe it was a weak usb hub so I used a 10 slot tripp-lite and it still only runs 8, so the hub is not the issue.

-Bobby

I am not sure what a 10 shot tripp-lite is but the hub from lightningASIC is rated for 20a. I have used a hub with that kind of amps before.
bobby35ny

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

Hmmmm......

-Bobby

I am not sure what a 10 shot tripp-lite is but the hub from lightningASIC is rated for 20a. I have used a hub with that kind of amps before.

I am using lightnings 20a usb hub, I just tried to swap out to the tripplite brand for trouble shooting.
I thought maybe I had a hub issue but it looks like I was wrong.
It's a controller/frimware issue for sure.
-bobby
Mudflap

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

Hello all, after talking with Worldly last night he told me to join here with regards these miners we all seem to be getting!

Just setting up now, I am a complete noob so expect some Q's (well ones I cannot answer without search!)

Mud
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

I cut open the power cord received by LightningASIC to power a switch but the colors do not match the pictures. I have green (ground), black (unknown), and white (unknown) wires. These are probably standard colors but could someone confirm if black is positive or negative? I assume green much be ground but I could be wrong there too.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5290536#msg5290536
Firebug24k

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

Post the hash file of the root password, I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to decrypt.
EricKennedy (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 05:55:03 PM

Post the hash file of the root password, I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to decrypt.

I can't ssh the controller, so I can't extract the file. Maybe there is an SDCard inside the controller. Didn't think about that. Will check.

Firebug24k

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:03:08 PM

I don't own one of these rigs, but I have a lot of experience doing mods to the 703N.  There isn't an SD card if it's a stock device, but there are probably ways to get a copy of the firmware if you want to play around with it (of course, you might break it too, so be careful).  Lots of info here:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n

I can't ssh the controller, so I can't extract the file. Maybe there is an SDCard inside the controller. Didn't think about that. Will check.
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:19:05 PM

I don't own one of these rigs, but I have a lot of experience doing mods to the 703N.  There isn't an SD card if it's a stock device, but there are probably ways to get a copy of the firmware if you want to play around with it (of course, you might break it too, so be careful).  Lots of info here:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n

No, ssh doesn't work, but it seems to respond to FTP and SCP, haven't been able to break the password though  Tongue

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:19:51 PM

Hmmmm......

-Bobby

So you've checked that your worker names and password are entered properly on both the controller and your pool, and it's a different two miners each time you restart? I have noticed that sometimes a couple will take longer than the others to start hashing, sometimes by a minute or so...but they usually do start. If they don't, a power cycle of both the controller and the USB hub works to get it back up.

Incidentally, the longer I run these things the better they are performing. I am now seeing close to 4Mh/s from each set of 10 at 850MHz. It varies, of course, but I never really go below 3.5Mh/s on a group of 10 now. It ain't 5 Mh/s, but it's better than the advertised 3 Mh/s.
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

I don't understand why they don't release the linux driver for the gridseed units. OpenWRT is just a tiny linux version right? Then why isn't there a linux driver yet Sad That would make it easy to just run it on a raspi, which can probably handle many more units than the TP link device does. For me, it would be best if I could just forget about the TP link as soon as possible.
Well there are a few things you could try.

At https://github.com/gridseed/ you can find modified cgminer and cpuminer source codes which you could cross compile for the raspberry. Well they are old and as far as I know need some tweaking before you can compile them, but they should work less or more.

You can also download the v2.0.2 update from http://www.wiibox.net/down/v2.0.2.zip and find a cgminer binary inside. This one is compiled for MIPS so won't run on the raspberry, but you could find better hardware than the WR703N to run it.

Good news for you is the developers of scripta are working on gridseed support since a while, maybe just wait until they get it done - http://www.lateralfactory.com/scripta/

darkfriend77 My problem is that I want the locked firmware Smiley

Yeah, I have been watching scripta. They currently don't support SHA256 though, and I would love to be able to at least use the SHA256 capability when I want to. I will start experimenting with some of the options you mention.

I'm working with Chirale & DrFranz...not coding, but more of a test bunny...I bought a RasPi so when they're ready, I hope to help them test Scripta for Gridseed miners.  I'll post the results here as well as on their Scripta thread.  Cheers.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:42:48 PM

Hmmmm......

-Bobby

I am using lightnings 20a usb hub, I just tried to swap out to the tripplite brand for trouble shooting.
I thought maybe I had a hub issue but it looks like I was wrong.
It's a controller/frimware issue for sure.
-bobby

I had one that just would not be recognized and I ended up turning off the power to everything for a few minutes, checking every connection, and restarting it. It somehow worked.

Did you notice that it jumped a digit in the Miner ID on the left column? I noticed mine always skipped the seventh sequential number when that one miner was not working.

Anyone know if we are supposed to update the firmware on these TP links or are they good to go at this point?
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:11:25 PM

With some help I managed to get into the controller, and get ssh working. It is indeed off by default.

However, I instinctively changed the root password as soon as I got in, so I can't really help with the password hash Tongue

I uploaded the binaries of cgminer/minerd from the /www/soft directory here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cOfhzHSYKJWWVOTF9uN0RxcHc/edit?usp=sharing maybe somebody can use those (I don't).

This is the /lib/modules dir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cOfhzHSYKJeGh3YUxfOHpjWDQ/edit?usp=sharing

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

With some help I managed to get into the controller, and get ssh working. It is indeed off by default.

However, I instinctively changed the root password as soon as I got in, so I can't really help with the password hash Tongue

I uploaded the binaries of cgminer/minerd from the /www/soft directory here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cOfhzHSYKJWWVOTF9uN0RxcHc/edit?usp=sharing maybe somebody can use those (I don't).

This is the /lib/modules dir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cOfhzHSYKJeGh3YUxfOHpjWDQ/edit?usp=sharing

How did you get into the controller to get ssh working. FYI my unit is on the way but this information will be useful
andre1980

Activity: 436

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:45:18 PM

Any update on the new controller FW?

Only see 8 units on each of my hubs, hopefully it gets solved with a FW update. (From Windows i DO see 10 units, so the hub is OK)
No great speeds yet. With 2x8 visible (16) units hashing i get about 4MH/s max. Could be i have to give it more time. Will let it run overnight.

I'll use my weekend to troubleshoot, if a FW update doesn't help.
dloganbill

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:27:48 AM

Can you get an image of the firmware so people can start improving it?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
teekan

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:00:17 AM

could someone please post how to get all setup with the wiibox?  I've searched all the support threads and the main thread and nobody explains how to find the addy of your wiibox and how to get to the dashboard.   I've looked on my router settings and don't see a IP for the wiibox.

I have everything all hooked up, but I don't see an ip address from the wiibox.     I've also went to wiibox.net and did the scan but after it goes to 100% nothing happens it don't show a IP addy.      If someone could explain how to get your IP addy from the wiibox, so then you can finally get to the dashboard would greatly be appreciated.   I've been searching since yesterday with no luck, thanks for anyones help and I'm sure other people could use the information as well!  Grin
dloganbill

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:18:56 AM

Look at the dhcp table in your router.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
teekan

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:33:12 AM

Look at the dhcp table in your router.

Thanks dloganbill, I looked in the dhcp table and have use router as dhcp server checked and only have a starting and ending IP address from 192.168.1.2  to 192.168.1.254 is the only addresses are in there right now.  

I also added a manual IP address and tried to do it like that but that didn't work.    

How did you go about finding your IP address to get to the dashboard?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: