Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread  (Read 73409 times)
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:00:19 PM

Running now for 16h without problems on RASPI.
Frequencies seem to be okay. Maybe I have to downsize it for two miners by one step. How do you think about 16 HW in 16 hours? Is this okay?

EDIT: Pool shows rates between 3400 and 3700 kh/s

How did you get the frequencies to differ? I can't get the command to work on mine for some reason.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:15:28 PM

Question:

I made my own PSU connectors for my units with the barrel adapters and it seems like they are not working right.

I had some molex adapters I had leftover from my GPU's with 1 yellow, black, red cable for each adapter.  I snipped the red cable and ran the yellow into the + and black into the - on the barrel adapter.

after plugging each adapter into a molex cable from my PSU the units fan turns on the the green light flashes, CGMiner registers the speed of each miner at 360kh/s but there are no accepted shares.

any idea?

I tried a standard power brick and it seemed to do the trick, now the units that are on power bricks are hashing away and the ones on the molex adapters are sitting there showing 360kh/s with fans spinning, green LED blinking, and no shares being accepted
Ofenkaese

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:03:32 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718882/CGM.jpg

Running now for 16h without problems on RASPI.
Frequencies seem to be okay. Maybe I have to downsize it for two miners by one step. How do you think about 16 HW in 16 hours? Is this okay?

EDIT: Pool shows rates between 3400 and 3700 kh/s

How did you get the frequencies to differ? I can't get the command to work on mine for some reason.

Start Line
Code:
/home/pi/cgminer --config=/home/pi/cgminer.conf
(where pi is the user)

cgminer.conf
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "x",
                "url" : "stratum tcp://x:7777",
                "user" : "x",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "x"
        }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true,
"failover-only" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"gridseed-options" : "baud=115200,freq=900,chips=5",
"gridseed-freq" : "6D7B20975455=875,6D93268C5455=888,6D96239E5455=863,6D9E177C5455=875,6D7820995455=875,6D94188B5455=888,6D7C11805455=875,8D8755784849=863,6D77216$
}
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Good news everyone! Stable firmware for LightningAsic controllers is underway, it should be ready for public in the coming week and it will be possible to upgrade (from v1, v2, v2.1..) by uploading it to the upload page. The firmware .bin will be released for public, but it is compatible only with LightningAsic controllers. Upgrading from factory Tp-link 703N will not work and it might brick your Tp-link, so don't even try!

It has some awesome features:

• Stripped, custom compiled OpenWrt (controller's OS) image optimized for size and speed
  • Stability is heavily emphasized and guaranteed! No more random reboots or crashes
  • Custom compiled cpuminer OC, frequency selectable up to 1200 MHz. We have tested it for 48 hours straight at 950 MHz (405 Kh/s) and without hardware errors! (see #1)
  • Advanced miner monitoring and management
  • Option to auto power cycle miners when one of the miners is stuck, this is done software wise and it has the same effect as unplugging, and plugging in the USB cable! (see #2)
  • Up to 10 miners per controller, replacing the 32MB RAM chip with 64MB will double that figure
  • Huh Shocked

note #1: depends on miner hardware
note #2: this will only work if the USB/hub is powered by the controller, you must not supply power to the USB hub.

BTC or dual mining is removed in the firmware for a multitude of reasons, BTC mining on GC3355 is unstable and wasteful.

If this doesn't want to make you pull out the LA controller out of the trash, I don't know what will...
For questions or feature requests, please PM me, not Jack.   Donations (1AMsjqzXQpRunxUmtn3xzQ5cMdhV7fmet2) are gladly accepted, and will be put towards improving the firmware even more.

Can you confirm that this will be better than the recent 2.0.7 version of wiibox? I have been getting better stability with the wiibox controllers than LightningASIC V1 controllers.

Also, none of my USB hubs work without external power. Will this somehow fix this?

I am sure that it will be faster than Wiibox. It uses cgminer, which is too heavy for those little controllers.
Not sure about your USB hub, but some may not work without external power. Personally I am using some cheap 6€ 10-port hub which does that and works perfectly fine.

Hi, I appreciate your work on improving the LightningASIC controller, but your advice just burned two of my miners. I tried out a non-powered USB hub as you suggested and fried two 5chip miners. I could smell the burning plastic. Now, one will light up red only and the other will not respond at all. I cannot get a controller or PC to register either miner.

I am posting this as a warning on trying non-powered hubs hooked to a LightningASIC controller. Do so at your own risk.

Edit: I should note these were two Gold Beta models with the white buttons. If anyone knows how to fix these, please let me know.
Ofenkaese

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:47:26 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718882/mindinabox.jpg

20 pieces boxed... ;-)
what have you done with your's?
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Question:

I made my own PSU connectors for my units with the barrel adapters and it seems like they are not working right.

I had some molex adapters I had leftover from my GPU's with 1 yellow, black, red cable for each adapter.  I snipped the red cable and ran the yellow into the + and black into the - on the barrel adapter.

after plugging each adapter into a molex cable from my PSU the units fan turns on the the green light flashes, CGMiner registers the speed of each miner at 360kh/s but there are no accepted shares.

any idea?

I tried a standard power brick and it seemed to do the trick, now the units that are on power bricks are hashing away and the ones on the molex adapters are sitting there showing 360kh/s with fans spinning, green LED blinking, and no shares being accepted

Running from molex rails does work.  I have 10 on one rail and 7 on another PSU.  With all those gpu/fan molex adapters we have lying around it does make for some simple connections

I use bfgminer on a windows box for now and sometimes you have to restart it a few times to get it to run them all.....so I switched to running them each in their own instance to their own worker on the pool

It is true that without the voltmod, best to just clock at 850, and that way you wont need the fans either

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

20 pieces boxed... ;-)
what have you done with your's?

right now I got mine stacked in couple of milk crates... they are actually perfect for these with the holes for airflow

but, I have an extra coolermaster pc case that looks like I can fit 20 gridseeds plus two usb hubs and also power it all with a psu with spliced molex connectors.

I think I can even power the usb hubs with the psu as well but not sure if that is worth the risk.. tempting though to have everything enclosed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
nikolaz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:31:58 PM

So what is the typical ROI on these things?
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:41:27 PM

So what is the typical ROI on these things?
At the beginning of their sale, it was 6 months. Now, like any other ASIC hardware, ROI is ethernal... Undecided

FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

The price per hash was never awe-inspiring on the Gridseeds. I bought in based on the screen shot of 10Mh/s per 20 that Jack posted as a "secret photo" but unfortunately, the 6.5Mh/s average I get (with all the resets) is a far cry from that and it doesn't translate into anywhere close to the same income that was expected with the 10Mh/s numbers.
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:29:49 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 11:25:48 AM by wasubii

The price per hash was never awe-inspiring on the Gridseeds. I bought in based on the screen shot of 10Mh/s per 20 that Jack posted as a "secret photo" but unfortunately, the 6.5Mh/s average I get (with all the resets) is a far cry from that and it doesn't translate into anywhere close to the same income that was expected with the 10Mh/s numbers.

Yeah - his 'secret photo' was truly a scumbag move.

EDIT: I'm hoping these will get close to break even before the big ASICs all drop (Alpha-T, KnC, Fibonacci, Alcheminer, Flowertech, Zuesminer to name but a few). Most of these are predicting a Q3 launch or later, which may JUST give us time... lets see

EDIT 2: I'm in for 60 miners from Jack - which at the time i bought them could have bought me BTC22. So far i have been splitting my hash between wafflepool and cleverminer (both have good servers in my area and decent BTC/MHD performance) and i have made back BTC1.4

I'm averaging just over 20MH/s using Scripta and RasPi at 800 freq. Hopefully this will increase slightly when I get a Scripta image with 850 freq.

ROI is looking rather bleak as BTC/MHD drops, but I'm banking on the scrypt asic producers running into delays just like all the BTC asic producers to date (although KnC's titan and their delivery track record scares me)
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:33:47 PM

Guys check out what one of my miners had:

Someone tell me what that is lol.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:24:07 PM

Yeah - his 'secret photo' was truly a scumbag move.

EDIT: I'm hoping these will get close to break even before the big ASICs all drop (Alpha-T, KnC, Fibonacci, Alcheminer, Flowertech, Zuesminer to name but a few). Most of these are predicting a Q3 launch or later, which may JUST give us time... lets see

EDIT 2: I'm in for 60 miners from Jack - which at the time i bought them could have bought me BTC22. So far i have been splitting my hash between wafflepool and cleverminer (both have good servers in my area and decent BTC/MHD performance) and i have made back BTC1.4

I'm averaging just over 20MH/s using Scripta and RasPi at 800 freq. Hopefully this will increase slightly when I get a Scripta image with 850 freq.

ROI is looking rather bleak as BTC/MHD drops, but I'm banking on the scrypt asic producers running into delays just like all the BTC asic producers to date (although KnC's titan and their delivery track record scares me)

Well the thing about the KNCMiner hardware is, it's completely new. It's not like they could just duplicate what they'd done on their Bitcoin mining hardware, they had to start from scratch...so they've been doing the same thing every other hardware maker's been doing, thus far. Granted, they didn't have to build up any infrastructure to support it as that's already there, so that probably helped them speed up the process a bit...but since it's a brand new product, it remains to be seen if they'll hit their target. So far, Alpha Technology has been very communicative about every step of development and have remained firm in their expectation of hitting a July shipment of the first batch. KNCMiner hasn't shown anybody anything, really...they just decided to spring it on everyone. People are ordering with them based on their Bitcoin track record. It's a good track record and I don't know that there's really any reason not to give them the benefit of the doubt, but saying "We expect to ship Q2/Q3" isn't the same as "We are on schedule to ship in July."
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:37:29 AM

Gridseed ATX PSU cables here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523101.0
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:07:21 AM

You folks need to read up on KNC's reputation a bit more.  They're total scumbags.  I promise you that they will destroy Scrypt mining for the masses just as they have done for BTC mining.
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:54:47 AM

You folks need to read up on KNC's reputation a bit more.  They're total scumbags.  I promise you that they will destroy Scrypt mining for the masses just as they have done for BTC mining.

Then the masses will do the same as they have before and move to the next algorithm, SHA256 to Scrypt, Scrypt to Scrypt-N

This is I think the big fight that is going on behind the scenes especially as the big mining hardware companies are building their own datacentres to become the new bank equivalents of the future that are able to reap the transaction payment reward.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:17:35 PM

Then the masses will do the same as they have before and move to the next algorithm, SHA256 to Scrypt, Scrypt to Scrypt-N

This is I think the big fight that is going on behind the scenes especially as the big mining hardware companies are building their own datacentres to become the new bank equivalents of the future that are able to reap the transaction payment reward.

Only problem is, with each new "generation" of coins the pool of available fiat gets thinner and thinner. Right now there are probably over 100 Scrypt coins and the wealth is concentrated at the top, and trickles down to the "little guys." Some of that money has migrated to Vertcoin, but not much. I don't think we're going to see a repeat of Litecoin, with Vertcoin...the money just isn't there right now. So even if all the current GPU hardware migrates to Vertcoin and drives that difficulty into the stratosphere, I don't think the investment capital is out there for Vertcoin's price to go that high. Time will tell though, I guess.

Personally, my belief is that ASICs have a legitimizing effect on crypto-currency, in the public eye. The image of a data center with rackmount systems is what most people want to see as the backbone of the financial network they use. A garage full of cobbled-together GPU systems with fans pointed at them doesn't scream, "Secure Financial Network" to the layman. Then there's the resistance to botnets and viral infiltration, which is a big benefit as well.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:51:02 PM

how do i use it with windows ?
do i just downlaod the driver?

yolo
miner765

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:47:55 AM

Would anyone be interested in buying the Raspberry PI+SD+Power Adapter with loaded cgminer? Plug and play package for gridseed. One is good for 20 miners. I ended up having extra two, willing to sell a little lower than retail price.
asiabtc
Legendary

Activity: 986

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:18:08 AM

how do i use it with windows ?
do i just downlaod the driver?
1, you need to downlaod st driver,
2, you need to downlaod cgminer.
3, run it with right config command.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: