Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the NYAN algorithm?
Change it to X-11 w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS with decreased supply

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★  (Read 80903 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atheistftwins

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:32:41 AM

The marketing of the coin is a piece of shit.
There must be someone dedicated to promotion entered the team

In theory, the fact that we are working with the actual creator of the nyancat meme would imply we'd get promotion from him towards his many followers. I wonder why this hasn't happened...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snargosoft Developments

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:37:54 AM

That is what my fear is. Something isn't right.
I just hope all the profits from the Nyan Store and the pre-mine go right back into Nyan Coin and the people promoting it.
Maybe soon things will get on a roll. This better not be a scam...
People will believe what they want to believe.  Sad

How many Nyan Coins does the creator of Nyan Cat have?
I thought that all Nyan Cat games are working on making this coin currency in those games...
kufan

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:39:02 AM

The dev should do more effort, everything seems slowly Sad
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:42:21 AM

I am not sure how much Nyan Coin is a priority to the Creators / Developers.

I see alot of other coins raising tons of support by doing their own thing. Some implement games, some have unique ways to mine.
Sure we are a meme but at least doge(meme) tried their hardest and succeeded.. What's stopping us from succeeding?

We need moar people to care and want to invest. But how? How can we do it right now?
We do it without Cryptsy. They will add us when they are ready. We only got about 40 likes with them and they are ignoring us.

We can only hope the Dev finishes all their hard projects sooner than later, atm if you look at our stocks, were not going anywhere.
There has only been about one buy and one sell every 15 minutes of 50 nyan. We can't slow down...

The thing is, dev's the only one in communication with Chris Torres. It's really really hard to move forward without that support. That's why the community has been limited to mostly making just memes and such. It's tough to say exactly how dedicated the dev team is to this project, I've brought up the fact that they aren't communicating to us enough multiple times. It seems like they do care, since they do check in every once in a while. However, I don't think the dev realizes just how poisonous to the coin him not posting for days at a time is. My communication with him suggests that he really is approaching the project purely from the standpoint of provided the best quality support, not from an advertising/promotional sense. I've PM'd him with some suggestions and an offering to help, hopefully he responds soon.
Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:44:22 AM

I am not sure how much Nyan Coin is a priority to the Creators / Developers.

I see alot of other coins raising tons of support by doing their own thing. Some implement games, some have unique ways to mine.
Sure we are a meme but at least doge(meme) tried their hardest and succeeded.. What's stopping us from succeeding?

We need moar people to care and want to invest. But how? How can we do it right now?
We do it without Cryptsy. They will add us when they are ready. We only got about 40 likes with them and they are ignoring us.

We can only hope the Dev finishes all their hard projects sooner than later, atm if you look at our stocks, were not going anywhere.
There has only been about one buy and one sell every 15 minutes of 50 nyan. We can't slow down...

The thing is, dev's the only one in communication with Chris Torres. It's really really hard to move forward without that support. That's why the community has been limited to mostly making just memes and such. It's tough to say exactly how dedicated the dev team is to this project, I've brought up the fact that they aren't communicating to us enough multiple times. It seems like they do care, since they do check in every once in a while. However, I don't think the dev realizes just how poisonous to the coin him not posting for days at a time is. My communication with him suggests that he really is approaching the project purely from the standpoint of provided the best quality support, not from an advertising/promotional sense. I've PM'd him with some suggestions and an offering to help, hopefully he responds soon.

+1
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:45:21 AM

I just hope all the profits from the Nyan Store and the pre-mine go right back into Nyan Coin and the people promoting it.

I thought that all Nyan Cat games are working on making this coin currency in those games...

Having the existing games take the coin is not necessarily something that was discussed. What was suggested was new games that pay out points in NYAN. A lot of the nyan games have nothing to do with Chris. The fact is, a lot of people tested out the store and did get their shipments of products which they purchased with NYAN, that much is true, so it isn't a scam. However, there must be a reason Chris is hesitant about promoting the coin very publically and it must be something he has discussed with the dev.
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:49:48 AM

The dev should do more effort, everything seems slowly Sad

I'm not too worried about slow output. It's better to have higher quality results than rushed jobs. However, it's really the communication that matters most. By not talking with the community, the members become disengaged and when they leave, they don't usually come back. It's not that much to do with the results being slow, but that the fact that the dev doesn't appear for days at a time prevents people who were excited about the coin from really doing anything to support it. I have PM'd the dev a couple times about this issue. I hope he replies.
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:50:20 AM

i can't download the wallet...The mega seems have some problems.

IS the old wallet still can be used ?

there was problem with your megaupload i couldnt get wallet syced

Any chance you can provide a Windows wallet link that works? mega just keeps giving unknown error....

windows nyancoin wallet ccылкa нe paбoтaeт.

Hi to everyone! I uploaded the wallet (1.2) a few hours ago at dropbox. Hope you enjoy it  Smiley
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3tsMay-hj5mOENBdzBqWXZTNmM/edit?usp=sharing

You can see the first post about this at our subreddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/nyancoins/comments/1yzauz/i_cant_download_the_new_wallet/

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:52:02 AM

Having the existing games take the coin is not necessarily something that was discussed. What was suggested was new games that pay out points in NYAN. A lot of the nyan games have nothing to do with Chris. The fact is, a lot of people tested out the store and did get their shipments of products which they purchased with NYAN, that much is true, so it isn't a scam. However, there must be a reason Chris is hesitant about promoting the coin very publically and it must be something he has discussed with the dev.

What I ment by the store is that I hope the profits from Nyan Coin go back into advertising and promoting Nyan Coin.

You are spending tons of money on the promoting, advertising and tips yourself.
Your quality should be a paid position haha
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

What I ment by the store is that I hope the profits from Nyan Coin go back into advertising and promoting Nyan Coin.

You are spending tons of money on the promoting, advertising and tips yourself.
Your quality should be a paid position haha

Well I do want the coin to succeed a lot. I have enough of the coin that I'm happy to contribute free of cost. With a little bit of information from the dev I have some idea of how to turn this around. The thing is my hands are tied without clear communication from the dev about his own priorities, what projects he's pursuing and what his communication with Chris is. While the licensing thing is great, it's really serving to hold a lot of the community back since we're all just confused about where we're headed. This doesn't have to happen, it costs nothing to communicate things clearly.
kufan

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:59:50 AM

buddy, if you can't download the wallet, please use the firefox rather than chrome. Try it.
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:01:37 AM

Well, it could be handy enough to promote with what we've got atm. I don't know if you have noticed the existence of corgicoin, but they already have a corgi+flappy game and it's actually linked to a faucet. These things could go viral if someone puts them in Android. I'm absolutely sure a nyan+flappy+faucet game will quickly drive some attention here.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:02:23 AM

Well, it could be handy enough to promote with what we've got atm. I don't know if you have noticed the existence of corgicoin, but they already have a corgi+flappy game and it's actually linked to a faucet. These things could go viral if someone puts them in Android. I'm absolutely sure a nyan+flappy+faucet game will quickly drive some attention here.

I have a huge tip for anyone who can create such a game, I am not a programmer so I can't myself Sad
Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:03:18 AM

Maybe you could temporarily take control of the forum and advertise the hell out of the coin?
Put a donation link to yourself then use all that money you get from across the world wide web to advertise.
Legally the only thing stopping you is saying you created any content that contains Nyan Cat.
Even if you make a Nyan Cat related picture or anything, if your not directly making money off it then you should be fine.
There really isn't too much stopping us. Just no one really promoting us.

Also I am a programmer, remember? :p I got two games on the xbox360 Smiley
Games would need licensing though, the owner of Nyan Cat would like a profit probably.
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:06:46 AM

Maybe you could temporarily take control of the forum and advertise the hell out of the coin?
Put a donation link to yourself then use all that money you get from across the world wide web to advertise.
Legally the only thing stopping you is saying you created any content that contains Nyan Cat.
Even if you make a Nyan Cat related picture or anything, if your not directly making money off it then you should be fine.

We can't just randomly take control of this forum. It's controlled by whoever owns the nyan-coin account (which is the dev). The size of our subreddit proves we have no problems promoting the coin. The problem we have is retaining interest. No matter how much I convince people to come check us out, it ultimately means little if they stay for 5-10 minutes, leave, then never come back. We need something substantial to continue the excitement, and for that we need the dev to talk to us about what's going on behind the scenes.
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:08:52 AM

Also I am a programmer, remember? :p I got two games on the xbox360 Smiley
Games would need licensing though, the owner of Nyan Cat would like a profit probably.

See? That's exactly what I mean. You are not the only programmer who has expressed interest in making stuff like this. However, the bottleneck is the fact that only the dev is in contact with Chris. The only times Chris showed up on our subreddit was during the time that we donated to the girl's softball team and to give us an update on shipping out the products that were purchased. There just isn't a good level of communication among all the parties.
GJS

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

As requested.  This is how I picture Nekonauts enjoying the gravity well (compiled from borrowed images).  

EAC: eTi6GHPtkFdKeT7W9ShLtwHx3h7Vy6Vtfz
NYAN: KQCdD3aKhEqZsRZLwyqfE37oNiP4Ms1Dqf
Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:12:13 AM

I did not mean take control physically but emotionally.
Like pretend we control it in the way that we all feel like we own it, are a part of it and do our parts to promote it, such as an owner would.
Not just be a member and watch.
kufan

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:13:25 AM

The dev should have more communication with people.
atheistftwins

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:14:43 AM

I did not mean take control physically but emotionally.
Like pretend we control it in the way that we all feel like we own it, are a part of it and do our parts to promote it, such as an owner would.
Not just be a member and watch.

I agree. But I want to do it in a way that does not seem like it's hijacking the coin away from the dev. I will wait some time for him to respond to my PMs. It's better if we all work together on this and since I'm offering my services for free, I don't see why the dev would say no. Hopefully he will agree to have a more direct channel of communication.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: