Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:39:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the NYAN algorithm?
Change it to X-11 w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS with decreased supply

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★  (Read 80903 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

Great to see the devs have a clear plan moving forward with this coin.

Its rare to see engaged devs these days! Props!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snargosoft Developments

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:36:42 PM

nyan.pool.mn invites you to mine NyanCoin! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

owner of this pool is a known scammer who ripped off many people.  He keeps making new accounts with new names to try and promote this lame pool constantly be warned, use at your own risk.

What is being done to scam people so we can watch out for those signs?

I wouldn't say "scam" (I haven't been cheated, AFAIK), but if you look in the pool's support forum (http://pool.mn, I think) you will see that the 100% uptime claim is a lie.

Normally he/she has been spamming as "gerbill2". Now it's "Areenver". I know that a different pool's account was temp banned for spamming, so maybe "Areenver" was created to get around a ban on "gerbill2."

While I'm at it, I cut a lot of the discussion out of this one, but an experienced pool operator had to help gerbil out with a different coin here. Here is part of what they said. You can click on the links to the posts to see the whole thing:
I just don't understand why the confirmations are so slow..

And next time you advertise your pool, please leave the "Skilled admin" line out. The "I just don't understand" line proves that the claim is false Smiley

Were we not just talking about this guy on the last page?
tyson187

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:26:12 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 01:20:41 AM by tyson187

There has been a lot of work behind the scenes to make Nyancoin a success and the community has been very helpful so far. We wanted to give you guys an update on some of things that have been decided:

First: We want everyone to know that we are changing out policy and that we will be present a lot more often to interact regularly with the community. It is our intention to respond to posts daily and answer PMs just as fast.

Second: We have been putting a lot of thought into how to improve the coin and as a lot of users have mentioned that KGW is not optimal. Therefore, we are working on a new algorithm to further improve the coin. Any suggests are welcome!

Third: As far as fundamentals and promotion of the coin is concerned we have a lot of resources:

- Nyancoin IP
   - Access to Nyancat Facebook page and Twitter (7 million combined followers)
   - One of the largest communities of any coin on Reddit
   - New games coming out every week
   - The support of the creators of the nyancat meme, who have a wide network and resources

After discussing it with Chris, it was decided that asking famous nyancat supporters who did not express interest in bitcoin or cryptocurrency in the past to give shoutouts was not a good strategy to take. However, if there are individuals who have expressly shown interest in both the nyancat meme and cryptocurrency (maybe influential youtubers or someone similar) that is a different story. Any suggestions are welcome.

Finally: If everything goes well, tomorrow or the day after should see some big news for Nyan. It's something that the community has been talking about for a long time and we are counting on the community to help promote the coin when the news comes out!

We want to end this update to re-emphasize that from now on we will be posting and answering questions a lot more frequently. Any community input is welcome and we certainly need the community's help to make Nyancoin even stronger going forward!

sounds to me like wishful thinking
1. you said two months ago that you are going to be more active and interact with people

2.there is nothing wrong with the current algorithm , the problem is the Price which wont change with a new algorithm , look at the other coins that tried that

3, just because you have access to 7 milions pople via facebook and twitter you think that some of them will buy a graphic card and start to mine nyancoin or invest real money in it by buying bitcoin , you forgot that these people have no use of nyancoin for the games they play

your secrecy is more contraproductive then beneficiary ,getting peoples hopes up is unnecessary , just tell us what you are working on ,no BS and these stupid announcements of big news coming up
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

http://2048nyancoinz.com/ this is best game ever.
any way to get it for other coins?

yolo
eschmenk

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:58:42 AM

nyan.pool.mn invites you to mine NyanCoin! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

owner of this pool is a known scammer who ripped off many people.  He keeps making new accounts with new names to try and promote this lame pool constantly be warned, use at your own risk.

What is being done to scam people so we can watch out for those signs?

I wouldn't say "scam" (I haven't been cheated, AFAIK), but if you look in the pool's support forum (http://pool.mn, I think) you will see that the 100% uptime claim is a lie.

Normally he/she has been spamming as "gerbill2". Now it's "Areenver". I know that a different pool's account was temp banned for spamming, so maybe "Areenver" was created to get around a ban on "gerbill2."

While I'm at it, I cut a lot of the discussion out of this one, but an experienced pool operator had to help gerbil out with a different coin here. Here is part of what they said. You can click on the links to the posts to see the whole thing:
I just don't understand why the confirmations are so slow..

And next time you advertise your pool, please leave the "Skilled admin" line out. The "I just don't understand" line proves that the claim is false Smiley

Were we not just talking about this guy on the last page?

Huh I don't think so. I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see anything. Do you see anything? The "100% uptime" claim, despite several days of downtime, was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I think.

Of course, it's true that we were talking about this one page ago now, because your reply is one page later than what you are replying to.

You did see that my previous comment was in answer to your question, right? It's a little odd that you would ask a question, then wonder if we were just talking about that subject.

DOGE: D6LQ9A9XFgxKxwPRJZKocLUgJhWtWNaFcb     ECC: EX5YjWshEuJAed2tdu1ianrwMuP3fCSgsT     EMC2: ENgpQLmP9kLhTKfnEJQgSoJB1FJGKcP7z8
Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:18:48 AM

Ahh, he he posted again advertising his site on this page then I posted that post right after his post to point out that he is the scammer.

He got deleted now so it does look pretty silly.
Nyan-Coin (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 04:23:04 AM

There has been a lot of work behind the scenes to make Nyancoin a success and the community has been very helpful so far. We wanted to give you guys an update on some of things that have been decided:

First: We want everyone to know that we are changing out policy and that we will be present a lot more often to interact regularly with the community. It is our intention to respond to posts daily and answer PMs just as fast.

Second: We have been putting a lot of thought into how to improve the coin and as a lot of users have mentioned that KGW is not optimal. Therefore, we are working on a new algorithm to further improve the coin. Any suggests are welcome!

Third: As far as fundamentals and promotion of the coin is concerned we have a lot of resources:

- Nyancoin IP
   - The support of the creators of the nyancat meme, who have a wide network and resources

After discussing it with Chris, it was decided that asking famous nyancat supporters who did not express interest in bitcoin or cryptocurrency in the past to give shoutouts was not a good strategy to take. However, if there are individuals who have expressly shown interest in both the nyancat meme and cryptocurrency (maybe influential youtubers or someone similar) that is a different story. Any suggestions are welcome.

Finally: If everything goes well, tomorrow or the day after should see some big news for Nyan. It's something that the community has been talking about for a long time and we are counting on the community to help promote the coin when the news comes out!

We want to end this update to re-emphasize that from now on we will be posting and answering questions a lot more frequently. Any community input is welcome and we certainly need the community's help to make Nyancoin even stronger going forward!

1. you said two months ago that you are going to be more active and interact with people

2.there is nothing wrong with the current algorithm , the problem is the Price which wont change with a new algorithm , look at the other coins that tried that

3, just because you have access to 7 milions pople via facebook and twitter you think that some of them will buy a graphic card and start to mine nyancoin or invest real money in it by buying bitcoin , you forgot that these people have no use of nyancoin for the games they play

your secrecy is more contraproductive then beneficiary ,getting peoples hopes up is unnecessary , just tell us what you are working on ,no BS and these stupid announcements of big news coming up

We aren't being secretive. If you have suggestions on what we can do to raise the price, please let us know. Right now, a new algorithm seems the most obvious thing that we can do to improve the coin. If you think the time is better spent doing something else to raise value, please say so and we will seriously consider it.

Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:50:38 AM

I do wonder how much a new algorithm will scare people.
Sha and Scrypt are the two main kinds that most mining applications / pools support.
People can also see a coin's worth on CoinWarz if it is Sha or Scrypt.
Sure there may be asics coming out but it is still twice as profitable mining Sha coins for the same cost in hardware plus there are so many alt coins out there to mine now.

If we switch to any other algorithms it couldn't be cpu minable as cpu mining are very slow on the average computer but bots and asics could do it quickly, It would have to be gpu mining, which in a sense are still asics and have gpu server farms everywhere.
The only way to stop these farms with their incredibly efficient and expensive gpu devices is to make it so difficult for them to mine that they would lose money over power costs. This would also make the average person not be able to mine without technically losing money with their slower and more power intensive hardware.

Is there any algorithm that anyone knows of that would actually make a hard fork at this stage worthwhile?
If we are starting the campaign tomorrow, then it can also be off putting to many people with the terms of a hard fork.

atheistftwins

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:54:40 AM

I do wonder how much a new algorithm will scare people.
Sha and Scrypt are the two main kinds that most mining applications / pools support.
People can also see a coin's worth on CoinWarz if it is Sha or Scrypt.
Sure there may be asics coming out but it is still twice as profitable mining Sha coins for the same cost in hardware plus there are so many alt coins out there to mine now.

If we switch to any other algorithms it couldn't be cpu minable as cpu mining are very slow on the average computer but bots and asics could do it quickly, It would have to be gpu mining, which in a sense are still asics and have gpu server farms everywhere.
The only way to stop these farms with their incredibly efficient and expensive gpu devices is to make it so difficult for them to mine that they would lose money over power costs. This would also make the average person not be able to mine without technically losing money with their slower and more power intensive hardware.

Is there any algorithm that anyone knows of that would actually make a hard fork at this stage worthwhile?
If we are starting the campaign tomorrow, then it can also be off putting to many people with the terms of a hard fork.

This is a good point, and any hard fork always has risks. What do you think we can do to improve the coin other than an algo change? I agree with your post on reddit, I think we need a site that can allow people to buy NYAN with USD. Since you made nyancoin.me, do you think you can add that feature to your site?
tangka

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:57:16 AM

nyan  gogogogo Grin
tyson187

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:37:06 AM

- Nyancoin IP

We aren't being secretive. If you have suggestions on what we can do to raise the price, please let us know. Right now, a new algorithm seems the most obvious thing that we can do to improve the coin. If you think the time is better spent doing something else to raise value, please say so and we will seriously consider it.

if you are considering to change the algorithm then do it like Spaincoin ,a hardfork that changed the coin from Scrypt to Scrypt-N which protects the coin of ASIC miners and makes it harder to mine for GPUs too, Vetcoin is Scrypt-n and they are doing well, also you could implement reduction of block reward , like Digibyte did 0.5% per week which is not radical like block halving but a good slow pace, maybe you could reduce it like 1 nyan per week 337-336-335 and so on
Nyan-Coin (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:39:19 AM

- Nyancoin IP

if you are considering to change the algorithm then do it like Spaincoin ,a hardfork that changed the coin from Scrypt to Scrypt-N which protects the coin of ASIC miners and makes it harder to mine for GPUs too, Vetcoin is Scrypt-n and they are doing well, also you could implement reduction of block reward , like Digibyte did 0.5% per week which is not radical like block halving but a good slow pace, maybe you could reduce it like 1 nyan per week 337-336-335 and so on

What about X-11? A lot of people on the subreddit have suggested that one.

lzr1900

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:44:11 AM

Why not POS+POW?
Seems POS is the next generation.
See what BlackCoin do,and their mulitpool.
Sry if i am wrong,i am not familiar with tech
tyson187

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:16:21 AM

- Nyancoin IP

What about X-11? A lot of people on the subreddit have suggested that one.

X-11 Darkcoin vs. Scrypt-n Vertcoin  , its hard to choose , x-11 is more energy efficient then scrypt-n , but scrypt-n requiers more memory and power for the gpu which makes it impossible for asic miners due to lack of memory at least with the current generation , I would go for the Scrypt-n but if you think x-11 is better I wouldnt mind at all  or we all could vote on it .
slasherzx

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:09:30 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 08:01:41 AM by slasherzx

We need a change in algo, because multipools dumped more coins in the exchange than buyers of coin. If I buy 10k nyancoins today I could get it in 1 transaction because multipools could do that immediately and I stop investing in nyancoins. The number of multipools is constant compared to investors that come and go. Most investors in nyancoin already bought the required amount of coins they need to hold and jump to another coin that is worth of invesment. We need an algo change and decrease rewards per block . That is the only way for new investors to come and to make the price rise.

Btw there are plenty of ways to promote ourselves instead of charity and Nascar we could focus on apps in android.. Court single developers of games to put nyancoin as payment for games.

edit1: Vertcoin developer also stated that if there will be ASIC for nscrypt they would even do a hard fork to prevent ASICs.
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:04:42 AM

We need a change in algo, because multipools dumped more coins in the exchange than buyers of coin. If I buy 10k nyancoins today I could get it in 1 transaction because multipools could do that immediately and I stop investing in nyancoins. The number of multipools is constant compared to investors that come and go. Most investors in nyancoin already bought the required amount of coins they need to hold and jump to another coin that is worth of invesment. We need an algo change and decrease rewards per block . That is the only way for new investors to come and to make the price rise.

Btw there are plenty of ways to promote ourselves instead of charity and Nascar we could focus on apps in android.. Court single developers of games to put nyancoin as payment for games.

edit1: Vertcoin developer also stated that if there will be ASIC for nscrypt they would even do a hard fork to prevent ASICs.

Valid point. I think it is.

Snargosoft Developments

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:30:03 PM

This is a good point, and any hard fork always has risks. What do you think we can do to improve the coin other than an algo change? I agree with your post on reddit, I think we need a site that can allow people to buy NYAN with USD. Since you made nyancoin.me, do you think you can add that feature to your site?

It is difficult to say as so many things have to happen and they will take time to happen. I have been seriously thinking about adding basically an online NyanCoin bank to my site but I personally don't have the money to back it up after bills, loans, debt ect plus there is a lot of liability too when dealing with that much money on a grand scale.

If one million of the NyanCoin followers decide to buy nyancoin at once, I would have to have a float large enough of that much NyanCoin just in case or at least most of it, So far I cannot afford it.

Also I have now had several people point out that they really dislike my site. I would like people to tell me whether or not it is worth a week to completely redesign it or parts of it. There is Nyancoin.Me and NyanCoin.me/faucet .

Thank you for your consideration.
shaytal

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:45:24 PM

great giveaway
http://www.cryptosandwich.com/1/post/2014/03/get-ready-for-our-2nd-nyancoin-giveaway.html
thank you
mikeisr2000

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:47:20 PM

Thank you for giveaway on Cryptosandwich
suryaaji

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:48:18 PM

thankyou for giveaway today i hope get more coin KWHzy4bjfsfchJLwkEKap9LnbcUzjfJ8nD
really thankyou
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: