Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:34:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the NYAN algorithm?
Change it to X-11 w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS w/ same distribution
Change it to pure POS with decreased supply

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★  (Read 80903 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:12:41 AM

The difficulty in mining is rising again. I guess thats a good sign.

On the other hand, a possible solution for risng the price is to create a shop where you can buy nyancat products with only nyancoins.

send a friendly request (like I did) to add nyancoin to altoutlet.com
maybe if many people do this, we have an online store
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smilecoin23

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:13:12 AM

I think your version of some loopholes, sometimes I will not accept my coin.
mackbells

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:17:52 AM

Thanks a lot for the giveaway.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:50:32 AM

On the other hand, a possible solution for risng the price is to create a shop where you can buy nyancat products with only nyancoins.

Yeah thats a good idea. I did that:

Hello,
is it possible to add nyancoin as payment currency. I am looking forward to find a shop, who is doing that.
Thank you

Nice regards
braxx

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:52:15 AM

Hello,
is it possible to add nyancoin as payment currency. I am looking forward to find a shop, who is doing that.
Thank you

Nice regards

what is your nyanadress? i'll tip you for that (or your reddit username)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:58:18 AM

Hello,
Thank you

Nice regards

Here thx  Smiley

KVkj1YnB7KKDbGabdeJ6xbW1BmQG6TukE3
braxx

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:03:11 PM

Hello,
Thank you

Nice regards

Here thx  Smiley

KVkj1YnB7KKDbGabdeJ6xbW1BmQG6TukE3
tipped 100 nyan

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:12:49 PM

thx
braxx

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

got this message back today  Sad

Hey Braxx,

Thanks for the message. I've had a few requests for Nyancoin, so it's on the list to be added for sure, though at the moment the Nyancoin trade volume is quite low, so it wouldn't quite be suitable to be added yet. (We ideally need at least 0.5BTC available as buy orders on an exchange), as we have to convert to Fiat eventually to be able to fulfil orders.

Also for sure, once the currency is up, we can add some T-Shirt for sure, that sounds good.

Regards
Joel
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

The form on the site is malfunctioning for me. So here is my info:

KFQsHgMVNh7QS5ix5fYahrTxMqAe8VxmUe

Subreddit subscribed - U/N BitcoinMafia

Reddit thread upvoted

Tweet re-tweeted - U/N @Bitcoin_Mafia

Facebook liked - U/N Bitcoin Mafia

BitcoinTalk forum posted: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477944.new#new - U/N Bitcoin_Mafia

Thanks again!

Sent ya 50 Nyan

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Snargosoft Developments

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:15:33 PM

The Dev: We originally planned for our addition onto Crptsy this weekend and it was the expected development. We had even made a large contribution to Cryptsy and was told that as long as NYAN remained in the top three of the votes it would be added. However, it appears Cryptsy has not kept their end of the agreement. We will immediately contact them and get some answers and let the community know when we do.

I think this is my breaking point for NyanCoin...

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

I also got an answer to my request to dogeoutlat:

Thanks for the message. Nyancoin is certainly on the list to be added to the site as there's been quite a few requests, although currently the trade volume is a bit too low for us to be able to add it as a viable payment method. Once this changes, it will be added as a payment method.

So come on, we have to find a solution to raise up the volume and the price of nyancoins.
Snargosoft Developments

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Your games are cost us dev. I am losing everything financially and I thought Nyan would be the next big thing to invest that could save my family. I have invested the last of my money, four grand worth on my high interest credit card. I thought it would be worth it. Since then the price has dropped devaluing everything I invested in all the way to worthlessness. You have the power of seven million followers. You said so yourself. So why haven't you used them? Why after three months of work your final big news you have been waiting to tell everyone, Your hard work mostly was our work of simply voting on Cryptsy so your Coin would finally be worth something? Voting is something a normal person could take a few minutes out of their day to do? Not three months. It will be because of you that this coin is ruined Dev. Take my advice, hire a team to manage the coin for you. It's going nowhere under your watch. I would say so far only atheistftwins have proven that he could actually make the coin something with active leadership. Hire someone full time. That Someone will have to save this coin.

I'm done
Nyan-Coin (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 07:18:45 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 07:46:28 PM by Nyan-Coin

Your games are cost us dev. I am losing everything financially and I thought Nyan would be the next big thing to invest that could save my family. I have invested the last of my money, four grand worth on my high interest credit card. I thought it would be worth it. Since then the price has dropped devaluing everything I invested in all the way to worthlessness. You have the power of seven million followers. You said so yourself. So why haven't you used them? Why after three months of work your final big news you have been waiting to tell everyone, Your hard work mostly was our work of simply voting on Cryptsy so your Coin would finally be worth something? Voting is something a normal person could take a few minutes out of their day to do? Not three months. It will be because of you that this coin is ruined Dev. Take my advice, hire a team to manage the coin for you. It's going nowhere under your watch. I would say so far only atheistftwins have proven that he could actually make the coin something with active leadership. Hire someone full time. That Someone will have to save this coin.

I'm done

We are playing not games with anyone. Cryptsy is a big deal and volume is something that was keeping us from a lot of marketplaces from accepting our coin. We hoped with Cryptsy support we could get the volume to other things in the pipeline rolling. For now we are looking into the best algorithm change which would help the coin. If you have other ideas we would love to hear it.

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:39:32 PM

Still have 29 people left that can get 50 NyanCoins on the CryptoSandwich weekend giveaway..

https://twitter.com/CryptoSandwich/status/450008077069070337

All retweets are apprecitated.. Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:30:53 PM

We are playing not games with anyone. Cryptsy is a big deal and volume is something that was keeping us from a lot of marketplaces from accepting our coin. We hoped with Cryptsy support we could get the volume to other things in the pipeline rolling. For now we are looking into the best algorithm change which would help the coin. If you have other ideas we would love to hear it.

No worries, we are still #2 on cryptsy, it will happen next weekend probably.  It sucks that they told you one thing and did another though. As far as new algos - I'm going to throw my support behind X11.  I've been mining DRK (X11) for a few weeks now and probably won't ever switch back to mining scrypt.  My electricity costs are 35% lower, the heat produced by the cards is ~1/2 of that with scrypt. With these low temps my cards stay much more stable.  To my knowledge only two X11 coins exist, so this would be a big advantage for Nyan.  Everyone that has ever tried mining X11 has nothing but positive things to say.

That's just my two cents.  Keep working hard, I'm not giving up. Smiley
Nyan-Coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:44:20 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 11:09:42 PM by Nyan-Coin

We have been in constant communication with Cryptsy for some time now and have negotiated for their support in return for a contribution from us (which we have paid). They responded to us saying that given our current number of votes, they will definitely list us on Friday. Unfortunately, they have failed to meet their end of the agreement as we were not added as promised. As you can imagine, this is extremely disappointing for us as we had planned for the added volume to get us on marketplaces which have indicated they'd like to accept NYAN if it had higher volume. As of now, the typical responses from these marketplaces is:

"Thanks for the message. Nyancoin is certainly on the list to be added to the site as there's been quite a few requests, although currently the trade volume is a bit too low for us to be able to add it as a viable payment method. Once this changes, it will be added as a payment method."

We will continue to push them to add the coin but we will not sit here on our hands waiting for this to happen. As such, the following is a list of the things we have thought about which will help the coin and are working on:

1.    A new algorithm to make the coin competitive in the current cypto marketplace (we have been researching how to implement different methods  and will hold a vote soon for the community to help decide what is the best change for the coin)

2.    We have been thinking about how to implement a site which will allow people to buy NYAN with USD. This way, we can get support from the vast majority of nyancat fans who have no idea how crypto works. One of the main challenges thus far, is converting the support that these people have into actual benefits in the value of the coin and we hope such a site will be the way to do it. However, this is a big challenge and if there are developers in the community who think they can assist with this, please let us know. We would greatly appreciate any help.

3.    We were planning that once we had more stable volume (planned with Cryptsy) that other marketplaces would take up the coin as they have indicated in the past. One of the ideas that was discussed in that case was to potentially have a specialty line of nyancoin products that would be available from the nyancat store to be purchasable with nyancoins.

4.    Finally, one of the big things that members of the community brought up and we have discussed was implementation of an ebay-like or craigslist-like marketplace for users to trade NYAN for products. This was also something that seemed feasible with more volume to the coin.

Currently, we are facing a chicken/egg dilemma: it seems we need more volume for a lot of the plans we want to implement, but in order to get more volume, we have to implement these plans. That is the challenge we face and any suggestions to solve it are welcome. Right now we hope that an algorithm change could make the difference.

Edit: Typos

Bilibong

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:51:30 PM

Thanks Great Giveaway on cryptosandwhich
braxx

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:18:07 PM

We have been in constant communication with Cryptsy for some time now and have negotiated for their support in return for a contribution from us (which we have paid). They responded to us saying that given our current number of votes, they will definitely list us on Friday. Unfortunately, they have failed to meet their end of the agreement as we were not added as promised. As you can imagine, this is extremely disappointing for us as we had planned for the added volume to get us on marketplaces which have indicated they'd like to accept NYAN if it had higher volume. Instead, the response from Cryptsy was:

"Thanks for the message. Nyancoin is certainly on the list to be added to the site as there's been quite a few requests, although currently the trade volume is a bit too low for us to be able to add it as a viable payment method. Once this changes, it will be added as a payment method."

We will continue to push them to add the coin but we will not sit here on our hands waiting for this to happen. As such, the following is a list of the things we have thought about which will help the coin and are working on:

1.    A new algorithm to make the coin competitive in the current cypto marketplace (we have been researching how to implement different methods  and will hold a vote soon for the community to help decide what is the best change for the coin)

2.    We have been thinking about how to implement a site which will allow people to buy NYAN with USD. This way, we can get support from the vast majority of nyancat fans who have no idea how crypto works. One of the main challenges thus far, is converting the support that these people have into actual benefits in the value of the coin and we hope such a site will be the way to do it. However, this is a big challenge and if there are developers in the community who think they can assist with this, please let us know. We would greatly appreciate any help.

3.    We were planning that once we had more stable volume (planned with Cryptsy) that other marketplaces would take up the coin as they have indicated in the past. One of the ideas that was discussed in that case was to potentially have a specialty line of nyancoin products that would be available from the nyancat store to be purchasable with nyancoins.

4.    Finally, one of the big things that members of the community brought up and we have discussed was implementation of an ebay-like or craigslist-like marketplace for users to trade NYAN for products. This was also something that seemed feasible with more volume to the coin.

Currently, we are facing a chicken/egg dilemma: it seems we need more volume for a lot of the plans we want to implement, but in order to get more volume, we have to implement these plans. That is the challenge we face and any suggestions to solve it are welcome. Right now we hope that an algorithm change could make the difference.

I hope you also have looked into hefty algorytm from heavycoin.
it has a benifit of an "Decentralized Block Reward Voting" - the mining schedule and money supply are democratically decided (total supply is still bounded)
It gives us 2 solved problems...
* a new algo ... mining programs still getting better, but Nvidia cards performing very well. it keeps cool and less power consumption
* if there are to many coins distributed we can vote lower to lower the block reward. less supply equals higher price?

mining hardware comparison (in development):
http://heavycoin.wikia.com/wiki/Hardware_Comparison
Nyan-Coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:31:41 PM

We have opened a poll. Please vote on the changes you feel would best benefit the coin!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: