Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4324 times)
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:06:35 PM

Personally I use a strategy where if a certain coin that goes higher than I anticipated I sell it particularly if there is another good coin on the red, I sell the one on the green and buy the one on the red, but I do not do this with all my coins just some.
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 05:19:53 PM

In fact it is very easy to invest in one project and to follow the roadmap, social medias etc... But this way you loose opportunity to follow another nice projects while current project is in the development stage and no gaining any profits. At least this fact you have to consider when you invest in one project only. Another fact is that you should keep in mind, there is a risk that current project can not have success and you will loose all your money. Think about it

Game of Links

cyber~license©
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:21:29 PM

Yes, I do diversify and invest in a few coins in crypto. Other than that, I invest in other financial instruments such as stocks and bonds. It is always good to diversify to reduce investment risks.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:22:44 PM

I always believe in getting the best reward in the minimum risk possible. Diversification is the best way to reduce the risk and maximize the profit. Not only I diversify my portfolio with different marketcap coins, I also diversify my portfolio with various trading period which includes coin for short, mid and long term trading. this way i am able to reduce the risk and get the best possible rewards.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:27:37 PM

how are sure the altcoin you have choosen to diversify to will recover back especially during this period where the deep price to buy any altcoin is very difficult to predict. I am not saying diversification is bad but you should make sure you take brilliant decision before you diversify. some top altcoin that are now facing massive reduction in price may not return back to previous high peak any time soon. and if the market grow rapidly wide again, there is high probability that the altcoin you hold too will moon provided it is a good project
Juggernautbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:33:14 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Now you can not be not sure about anything. Even coins that have very good news are almost not reacting to them. I think that the best solution is short trades to sleep well at night and not sit in a drawdown for several months. When it becomes clear that the uptrend has started, then you can buy and just wait, now this is better not to do.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:35:01 PM

Want to stay in-game? Diversify and don't forget to fix profit in reliable asset - like BTC. Altcoins may give you profit, but they also tend to take it away from you. Just look on some alt's.
Amancrypto123

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:40:56 PM

Diversification only decreases your chance of complete elimination in the event a coin collapses along with this it provides a tremendous boost to brand image and company profitability. If you dont diversify your funds then you can lose everything in the market if there will be something in the market position.Without diversification, you will be at risk of huge loss.It only decreases your chance of complete elimination in the event a coin collapses.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:41:20 PM

What if you now leave A strong assets in expectation of it's growth and the reverse eventually surfaces? Pool of investments otherwise know as Diversification just need be applied if the opportunity is there as A wise Business man to triumph over test of time to be on a safer side. If strong assets also grow, you still stand better chance other than wearing foreseeing risk.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:53:15 PM

I think it is a good idea because it will be painful to you if the token later dip down so bad, it will hurt you because you made some profit and didn't cash out, So i think you made a good decision by selling it and using the proceeds to invest in another good token
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:57:56 PM

I think that you need to keep strong coins, they can grow stronger. Therefore, shifting money from one coin to another can be lost.

berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:16:28 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
It all depends on how strong your coin is. I think selling a strong coin and buying cheap prospective coins is a rather interesting and correct strategy. This tactic can bring good profit in the future, provided that you choose good coins.

IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 06:19:36 PM

Every crypto currency investor around always diversify
They distribute their profit to different segment zone of various Tokens’s

In hope that after enough research about them  99% of the tokens will bring profit
Also there is SoS token just in case a loss pops up
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:12:11 PM

Yes I do.... For an investors it always good to divert in other to make more profit. If am loosing my money or I found out that my coin is rubbish I will quickly sell in other not to loss much of the money and buy other coin that I will benefit from.
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

Yes, diversification is the best strategy. You should always keep an eye for undervalued coins, and buy them when you think they are at their lowest. After that, don't be greedy and take some profits when these coins are having a significant growth.

happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:17:42 PM

I don’t know the altcoins that the author of this branch is talking about, but I think that you can’t get rid of reliable altcoins that you believe in! You know that behind these altcoins there is a good project, a strong team, a reliable road map. So why do we have to get rid of them?
DamilolaB

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:31:23 PM

I think this decision is highly dependent on the investment strategy an individual investor adopt. Some believe in concentrating on a particular investment probably for proper monitoring while others prefer diversification to be able to spread risk and I believe this is the best strategy.
kipo

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

I have never used diversification but I think that I will use it in the nearest future. to my mind, this is one of the best ways to earn good money. To my mind, this is the best way to win
gabrielkings

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

Diversification is key to any investment. It is commonly said... You don't put all your eggs in one basket and thats applicable even in the crypto space. you dont put in all your funds in one coin/token simply because you trust that coin so much. Something may come up and cause that project to fail or make it start suffering while other projects  keeps flourishing. Always diversify.
jefcasidy

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:10:25 PM

Yeah sure diversification is very good in crypto currency, it is not good to hold only one particular all the time, when the token you are holding makes some gain, it is good for you to take some profit out and invest in another good coin.

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: