Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:42:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4322 times)
Mishgan27

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:57:45 AM

you shouldn't keep everything in one coin. so more likely to lose everything. learn different coins. and those that are more reliable buy. here at me it turned out that now the most part in the same coin and must wait for the growth.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
pretfeestje

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:00:05 AM

Even in the long run, there is no guarantee that bitcoin will reach $100k or anything. It's #1 right now because it's the only cryptocurrency the average person has heard of, but it's possible something with better technology and less political issues ends up surpassing bitcoin at some point. I think bitcoin's long-term success is quite dependent on the lightning network working. I guess bitcoin could end up being digital gold forever and be worth $1million+ per bitcoin, but I don't personally see that future.

XMR has gone up more in the past month than BTC has. ETH went from $10 to like $360 in a relatively short time span. Do good research and you can invest in stuff that will give you a higher ROI.
CryptoManiac3

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:01:42 AM

Best way to become wealthy is to consolidate into fewer investments, but obviously, that is a little riskier; requires a risk/reward analysis. Consolidation to attain wealth, diversification to retain wealth.

So depending on what stage you're at in life, diversification may or may not be the optimal strategy. Given that most people in crypto are young, I believe it's more appropriate for them to consolidate because they have time to overcome the downside. They could find just a few projects they've fully researched and firmly believe in, and invest all allocated crypto funds into those.

Side consideration though...an issue with many young people is that they are typically worse at assessing their risk profile due to lack of experience in investing. So, when consolidating their portfolio and taking on more risk, they tend to buckle under the pressure when things do go poorly, and emotionally fall apart / panic sell / etc.
guangzhouta

Activity: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:10:56 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
I think I will sell them in the suitable price to make the reasonable profit. And put a part of the money away, and then put the rest money to buy in some different coins to make the investment safer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Afteryou56

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:11:31 AM

Investing in one project and to follow the roadmap, social medias etc... But this way you loose opportunity to follow another nice projects while current project is in the development stage and no gaining any profits. At least this fact you have to consider when you invest in one project only. Another fact is that you should keep in mind, there is a risk that current project can not have success and you will loose all your money. Think about it. Good luck!
Nat77777

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:13:44 AM

I struggle with how much to diversify and how to not over diversify.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:50:09 AM

Diversification is one of the cardinal rules in investing. Never put all your eggs in one basket. The idea is pretty much self-explanatory.  Cheesy

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 02:59:11 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Even a strong coin go down and weak coins getting a pump, it still depends on the development of the coin and how the community reacts to it, and of course the character of the people behind the coin you are in an advantage if you can follow updates about coin, one example of this is coinfi I always almost sell it because the price is getting nowhere but I'm getting a lot of updates about the project.

ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:53:13 PM

Yes I do use diversification, diversification is a way to get as many good coins as possible, and yes if i am the one, when my coin makes a good gain, I will sell off some part of it and use the proceed to invest in other coins

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

Diversification of the assets is the right way to make the investment less risky, because with diversification we can minimize the loss which is not a possible thing with the investment on a single asset. Also diversification helps with the trading possibilities and help in compensating loss with one another.
charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:57:44 PM

I use diversification because I believe no one crypto has the ability to increase all year round. While one goes up the other could go down. Projects also differ and a breakthrough in one project could be key to becoming successful in crypto.
marvel21

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:58:35 PM

Yes  I use diversification. I think it is rigth. It make me stronger.Anyway you have some coins if another coins you loss.

Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:06:37 AM

Diversification is the key to a successful business. I do tell people not to put all their eggs in one basket. If you have the opportunity to invest with huge capital, try to split them into many investments so that they bring a stream of cash inflow.
Cita1

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:11:49 AM

Diversity is a good alternative on a weak market. You have to be creative in order to grow your resources. There is no constant market value in crypto world that is why you need to diversify to keep you moving.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:04:23 AM

I don't know most of your holdings but only NEM.

I'm diversifying but not of that type. I'm diversifying with coins that are very popular and I'm very confident holding with for long term.

Diversification can be a strength and weakness depends on the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Visibel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:31:26 AM

Diversification is necessary, just because not all coins will grow as we expect. Maybe it will depend also on the amount of capital, but I think three will be better than two, and two will be better than one. Although everyone can be wrong, but I think diversification is a way to minimize it.
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:34:42 AM

I heard a guy on Youtube say on the ignorant diversify.  Since I'm ignorant and have absolutely no idea what any of this is going to do I for sure diversify.  It's saved me on quite a few occasions. 

piaomar

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

I will choose to buy coins when the price is cheap. after that, I will hold it for a while until the price goes up, so I will get the profit. when the prices are going down it would be better if we didn't sell our crypto assets because it would make us get the big loss.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:18:50 AM

I for sure diversify. It's the only way I can stay safe in this market.  Diversity lets you make a few mistakes and still hopefully get away with it.  If you have really good information or an inside knowledge then obviously diversification is not to smart. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
kabum21

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:19:19 AM

There is one idea that will guide crypto investors through this tumultuous time and that’s Diversification. Diversifying your cryptocurrencies will protect your entire portfolio’s value.

Although it is the safest way to earn money, also remember that it is a long-term strategy, if you want to get to the moon in 1 week, it is best to invest all your money in 1 coin that you think is going to explode and so you can ride the rocket x100 to the moon.  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: