Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4319 times)
Coinmyjob

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:27:58 PM

Diversification is the first tool of a good investor, because you always need to split your funds into different exchanges and tokens, to avoid the risks of a bad investment decision and loosing a lot of money.
I can not even imagine how investors can do without it in such difficult and long periods as it was in 2018, without the diversification it was possible to remain with a trifle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:36:32 PM

Given the situations of the current market, the only means one can make hands meets is just by diversification of portfolio in this industry. I have sort out for many investment recently just to make up my looses all but no avail; just for me to get into diversification process that earns me more profits in a short term.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Gryphet

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:08:19 PM

Diversification is the first tool of a good investor, because you always need to split your funds into different exchanges and tokens, to avoid the risks of a bad investment decision and loosing a lot of money.
I can not even imagine how investors can do without it in such difficult and long periods as it was in 2018, without the diversification it was possible to remain with a trifle
In 2018, a lot of coins fell, I think that diversification should be in the cryptocurrency market, since the cryptocurrency as an asset in itself is very risky , and I think you need to buy 5-10 coins and follow them

(❪  B I T E N N Y  ❫)   Simplify your future
http://bitenny.io/
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:10:30 PM

When diversifying you need to have good quality alts rather than a selection of mediocre ok coins which might do well in a bull run. Majority should be in the top 20 of CMC and some speculative coins further down the rankings. Perhaps a small amount invested in good ICOs until the bull run returns

Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:14:29 PM

Diversification helps you spread risks in investment because you don't know exactly which coin will end up being profitable, so it's better to invest in a number of coins and follow them closely.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:04:43 AM

I think that if you are not a professional trader and do not have the necessary knowledge to analyze the coin charts, then such a strategy is equivalent to roulette. If you invest in cryptocurrency, then every coin in your portfolio should be studied and you should have a plan when to sell it and when to buy it. Therefore, it all depends on your approach.

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:06:34 AM

Diversification is effential if you want to reduce risk because especially in crypto where only a bad news can make the difference.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:29:42 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
I will seize the opportunity to sell the altcoin in the handle at a stable high point, and then buy it after the price has dropped.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 02:54:19 AM

I use diversification specifically if the market was at a bad moment. Because it is not enough only if I invest one, but many opportunity arrives if bad market launch. Because many good tokens are low at this time.

kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:14:43 AM

For me especially will keep the coins that i had when i'm sure abut the future of that coins, but if not, i will sell those coins and make an infestation on another coins that look more promising.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:41:16 AM

I think that if you are not a professional trader and do not have the necessary knowledge to analyze the coin charts, then such a strategy is equivalent to roulette. If you invest in cryptocurrency, then every coin in your portfolio should be studied and you should have a plan when to sell it and when to buy it. Therefore, it all depends on your approach.
Exactly, if you don't have enough knowledge using this strategy it won't reflect much as you still need to study each movements of the coins inside the market, diversifications is an alternative ways if you really good in assessing and analyzing potential coins to move up while some of your investment
are still stuck with your previous assets, cut losses and buy another coins to jumped in another bandwagon can be done correctly and timely if
you really got a good knowledge around the market situations.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:59:05 AM

Yes i diversify my portfolio to prevent loss especially if my holdings are not doing great in this bear market, it's not that easy to diversify because you need to study the project if it's still in active development and if the team is active on attending block chain conference etc. This factors tells me that the coins/altcoins will give me good profit in the future.

VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 06:33:50 AM

Yes, at first it was scary, I had no experience, and the cost of failure can be significant, but all went well and since then, the opportunity not miss

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:15:30 AM

While you're into cryptocurrency, surely diversification is a must. Because none know when the price of assets increase and decrease. It is good to go with different coins. This will let the user get profited even when one coin falls, in particular there are coins that have gone unused and got de listed from exchanges. If we had invested only into that without knowledge our cryptocurrency usage will come to an end, upon which diversification is a good pick.
I am not so sure that diversification helps that much when it comes to reducing your risk, as we know most altcoins move when bitcoin does, so if bitcoin goes up then altcoins do as well and when bitcoin goes down then altcoins go down as well, what it is the point of diversifying your investments if you are holding bitcoin which is the best coin in the market.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 04:00:22 AM

In the world of cryptocurrency, I think diversification is one of the best strategy to gain profit. The nature of crypto is very unpredictable and very volatile so it means you'll never know if you'll lose or you'll gain. It means that putting all your money in a single crypto is very impractical. When that crypto fails, all your money goes with it. So dividing your money in different crypto will minimize your risk of losing.

Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:29:50 AM

Of course, with diversification this makes our assets safer, I don't like to rely on one or two coins, at least I divide into seven coins, if there are one or two coins drop then we can still depend on other coins.
prestigio74

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:27:42 PM

That's right, portfolio diversification is very important, because it does not act as a template and there will always be coins that go against the flow!

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:36:39 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

If you are looking for ways to earn more profits, the market as well as the money is always there for you to take so do not ponder on whether to get a new and promising coin or not. Regarding this question you must ask yourself do you think this particular coin that you have did you do enough research and do you think this coin still have potential to moon a not before you adjust your portfolio. 

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:39:13 PM

If people did not diversify their wallet, they would constantly be in the red. As for me, this is a mandatory requirement for investors.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:22:08 PM

Sell your pumping coin for strong asset. But, diversifying in non-related things is better idea than crypto-crypto in my opinion.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: