Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4319 times)
lizarder

Activity: 1540
Merit: 877

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:45:09 PM

I often use diversification but I use this not for investing in ico but using it for trading, for example, when the bittorent touches a very high price when it starts trading, I sell some of the assets for bittorent trading using diversification at this time is a good strategy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:47:45 PM

You remember the saying? Never put all your eggs in one basket? That is the point of diversification because it lessens the risks of losing all by spreading investments across different assets

deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 03:50:51 PM

If i truly feel that the coin can bring me a lot of profit , once it starts rising, i will surely hold that instead of risking my guaranteed profit by replacing it with the low value coins.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:17:51 PM

I think that each of us should remember about diversification. You can not neglect this. This can save your capital in the end.

vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:27:01 PM

Always and everywhere. This is the most important rule of how to reach success in our industry. But the most investors usually only use token diversification and forget that it is extremely important to keep these tokens on several exchanges.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:29:27 PM

You do not need diversification only if you know 100% of what asset or area will grow in value, in other words, if you have insider information, otherwise do not risk it.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:54:18 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
Well, I think it's not the best idea to move from one coin to another , since in this case you can lose all the money , you need to competently use the diversification and store not in one coin but in several !

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:05:59 PM

You need to distribute the risks in any case, I would not sell the coins that have the product, you have to wait, in a weak market, if you sell your coins, you simply won’t earn anything.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:47:53 PM

Previously, I also thought that diversification is very necessary in order to avoid problems, but since I became acquainted with the Etheera project, my opinion has changed. Now I have chosen a single project in which I invest my money, I think that I am doing the right thing because my previous experience of investing in this project was very positive.
lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:02:19 PM

You need to distribute the risks in any case, I would not sell the coins that have the product, you have to wait, in a weak market, if you sell your coins, you simply won’t earn anything.
If the market is really weak and the price is falling steadily, then there is no sense to wait, you need to use all possible strategies to minimize the loss of funds or even make money on it

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Aptekary

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:46:04 PM

If the market is really weak and the price is falling steadily, then there is no sense to wait, you need to use all possible strategies to minimize the loss of funds or even make money on it
It seems to me that it is precisely because of this that many users try to sell me actual coins in order to invest in those Coins which, in long-term storage, will not only return losses, but also give good profits. I also want to mention the fact that today, even on the difference in price, it is very difficult to earn money, because the risks of losses increase.
terra_vival

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:02:00 PM

It's like a lottery, very often new little-known projects show good growth volatility in comparison with existing well-known projects.
I would have left these coins and held them to their cherished growth.
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:40:31 PM

It's like a lottery, very often new little-known projects show good growth volatility in comparison with existing well-known projects.
I would have left these coins and held them to their cherished growth.
In fact, there are projects that from the very beginning showed very good results, even during the company's ico. Even after listing, their activity in the cryptocurrency market is quite high. One such project was and is pundi X, which needs to be kept as a very important asset in its portfolio.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:47:25 PM

For sure, diversification is been applied since no single out strategy works out always in the digital world. Times and seasons are always different and so are the the strategies we adopt in order to provide us with the necessary profit.
Rockkey

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:22:23 PM

Some time ago I made a choice in favor of the Etheera project. This is a project with which I am interested in dealing and it is in it that I invest my money now. Diversification is needed only as long as you are not sure about anything, but when you find your project, diversification become completely unnecessary.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:47:17 PM

Giving financial advice is not very good.
If I now had a token that would continue to grow, I would not be in a hurry to sell it and would wait for its growth. However, I would watch for its price every hour. Because at any moment a fall can begin.

Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:18:39 PM

I think that while your token has a good price that allows you to earn - sell it and make investments in another promising project that will help you earn extra money. This has its risks; you can invest in several projects to reduce risks.
In the cryptocurrency to earn you need to constantly move forward and reinvest your profits in new projects.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

I think that while your token has a good price that allows you to earn - sell it and make investments in another promising project that will help you earn extra money. This has its risks; you can invest in several projects to reduce risks.
In the cryptocurrency to earn you need to constantly move forward and reinvest your profits in new projects.
Yes, we must go for diversification always. Let us just buy a lot of coins and hodl for years forgetting about what the price is currently, I am a freelancer and I always get paid in bitcoin, I make sure I store 10% of my payment in bitcoin for the future. Lets stop this price check all the time and come together as a community to discuss on how we can make this our great community better than it is today.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 11:53:13 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Sure, do not keep all your eggs in one basket, diversification is the key. You need to hold low risk, medium and high risk in % you are comfortable with.
However, on the crypto market if BTC grows, most of ALTS are growing as well.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:53:26 PM

I personally diversify as this tactic keeps my funds in more stable position than a single currency would be able to provide. You have named some well-known projects and lesser-known which would be under higher pressure if the market is falling down. The ratio should be adjusted by your own approach. Are you willing to risk your money for a possibility of greater profit? This is not for everyone and putting a part into LTC or ETH is not a bad idea at any time. Stick to your plan- do not let your emotions and impulsive behaviour ruin it. Give it some time when things are not following your plan and relax a bit  Wink. It will probably get better.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: