Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:48:38 AM

Have the devs ever thought about doing a crowd funding and finally finish off digibyte for good. You might have to give up your identities but it will be worth it. I think digibyte gets the funding because Jared has put himself out there and not anonymous.

Your pussy developers are anonymous, don't come stir your shit in the digibyte ann.

Obvious troll is obvious, but it's worth noting that since this is an open source project I certainly have no need / interest in the personal identities of other devs I've worked with. It's not like knowing their name / nationality gives any more credence to the code that is generated. The idea that somehow knowing who Bernie Madoff was didn't help those who trusted him. On the contrary not a soul has any proof who Satoshi Nakamoto is but the code securing the network now has a fairly substantial bounty of trust on it, primarily due to the open source nature of the project.

I will state that my interactions with 8bitcoder and nzsquirrell have been professional, gracious, and courteous. That's all I could ask for or need. The code is on github and the devs are active on reddit, always willing to answer a question no matter how noobish it might seem. There is a slack channel which is primarily used for release coordination (the jury is still out on how comfortable I am with the closed nature of slack, I'm probably more comfortable with a public IRC channel).

We should all know by now that anyone who states that a "real person" backing a project somehow gives it legitimacy is suspect.

Edit: and to answer your question, no I don't think any "crowd funding" has ever been suggested to my knowledge. I don't think anyone would be interested in disrupting another project as a primary goal.

Edit2: I take that back, we did have a "crowd funding" of sorts, an investment in a mac mini a while back to assist with OSX releases. I think it probably is sitting on nzsquirrell's desk Smiley

According to Jumbley from digibyte the Myraid developers are working with them?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg17533961#msg17533961

Why would anyone invest in Myraid over Digibyte if Jared is not anonymous and is able to get large funding while gaining the expertise of the Myraid developers?
This is why the Myriad developers stay anonymous because they can keep their options open.

I do appreciate Myriad was the first Multi-Algo coin but without funding and anonymous developers it will never get anywhere. The Myriad developers are not dumb and they know the money is with digibyte, in their off time they can throw Myriad a bone with a update here and there which I still think would be fair to the bagholders. You all know deep in your hearts that digibyte is the one to get behind if you want a Multi-Algo future.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 12:52:47 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 01:02:54 PM by cryptapus

Have the devs ever thought about doing a crowd funding and finally finish off digibyte for good. You might have to give up your identities but it will be worth it. I think digibyte gets the funding because Jared has put himself out there and not anonymous.

Your pussy developers are anonymous, don't come stir your shit in the digibyte ann.

Obvious troll is obvious, but it's worth noting that since this is an open source project I certainly have no need / interest in the personal identities of other devs I've worked with. It's not like knowing their name / nationality gives any more credence to the code that is generated. The idea that somehow knowing who Bernie Madoff was didn't help those who trusted him. On the contrary not a soul has any proof who Satoshi Nakamoto is but the code securing the network now has a fairly substantial bounty of trust on it, primarily due to the open source nature of the project.

I will state that my interactions with 8bitcoder and nzsquirrell have been professional, gracious, and courteous. That's all I could ask for or need. The code is on github and the devs are active on reddit, always willing to answer a question no matter how noobish it might seem. There is a slack channel which is primarily used for release coordination (the jury is still out on how comfortable I am with the closed nature of slack, I'm probably more comfortable with a public IRC channel).

We should all know by now that anyone who states that a "real person" backing a project somehow gives it legitimacy is suspect.

Edit: and to answer your question, no I don't think any "crowd funding" has ever been suggested to my knowledge. I don't think anyone would be interested in disrupting another project as a primary goal.

Edit2: I take that back, we did have a "crowd funding" of sorts, an investment in a mac mini a while back to assist with OSX releases. I think it probably is sitting on nzsquirrell's desk Smiley

Why would anyone invest in Myraid over Digibyte if Jared is not anonymous and is able to get large funding while gaining the expertise of the Myraid developers?
This is why the Myriad developers stay anonymous because they can keep their options open.

I do appreciate Myriad was the first Multi-Algo coin but without funding and anonymous developers it will never get anywhere. The Myriad developers are not dumb and they know the money is with digibyte, in their off time they can throw Myriad a bone with a update here and there which I still think would be fair to the bagholders. You all know deep in your hearts that digibyte is the one to get behind if you want a Multi-Algo future.

Although it is hard to keep track of what everyone is saying on the internet... Given the type of people I've learned the other devs are I would not find it surprising to learn that if kindly asked for input and time permitting they would be more than willing to offer input and guidance. A quick perusal of github doesn't appear to show any activity of the known Myriad devs in DGB other than the initial pull of multi-algo from Myriad. but it's just as easy to mask your identity on github if you wanted to. I would not find it disturbing to learn that devs work on what interests them.

That being said Myriad has a fairly healthy dev activity for an altcoin with such a low marketcap. I suppose those of us left working on Myriad don't really need funding at this point to keep our interest.

And again, since you didn't seem to understand my point about ideas > identity: Be sure to let Bitcoin know it's not supposed to go anywhere without the real Satoshi coming forward.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
DGBforver

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:42:43 PM

Although it is hard to keep track of what everyone is saying on the internet... Given the type of people I've learned the other devs are I would not find it surprising to learn that if kindly asked for input and time permitting they would be more than willing to offer input and guidance. A quick perusal of github doesn't appear to show any activity of the known Myriad devs in DGB other than the initial pull of multi-algo from Myriad. but it's just as easy to mask your identity on github if you wanted to. I would not find it disturbing to learn that devs work on what interests them.

That being said Myriad has a fairly healthy dev activity for an altcoin with such a low marketcap. I suppose those of us left working on Myriad don't really need funding at this point to keep our interest.

And again, since you didn't seem to understand my point about ideas > identity: Be sure to let Bitcoin know it's not supposed to go anywhere without the real Satoshi coming forward.

Funding is required unless you were bitcoin or litecoin. ETH has millions in funding, same with XMR. Digibyte only $250k and was used for a variety of projects that Myriad doesn't have. Myriad developers are good and gave advice on digibyte Multi-Algo setup but digibyte is much more then a
Multi-Algo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg17527946#msg17527946

Digibyte will be looking to do crowdfunding soon and we invite the Myriad community to participate in a coins development that will be pushing a coin that uses Multi-Algo to new heights.

cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 02:07:59 PM

Funding is required unless you were bitcoin or litecoin. ETH has millions in funding, same with XMR. Digibyte only $250k and was used for a variety of projects that Myriad doesn't have. Myriad developers are good and gave advice on digibyte Multi-Algo setup but digibyte is much more then a
Multi-Algo.

Digibyte will be looking to do crowdfunding soon and we invite the Myriad community to participate in a coins development that will be pushing a coin that uses Multi-Algo to new heights.

I guess some of us missed the memo that we are to fleece investors before we develop a line of code on our own dime Smiley

But seriously, I would encourage you to contact the other devs individually to determine if they can assist your project. This thread is mainly concerning Myriad. My understanding is that there are some out there who are interested in starting a flame war between Myriad and DGB. Please don't construe my comments as disparaging to DGB, it's just that I'm indifferent to what that project is doing.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
DGBforver

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:44:33 PM

Multi-Algo.

I guess some of us missed the memo that we are to fleece investors before we develop a line of code on our own dime Smiley

But seriously, I would encourage you to contact the other devs individually to determine if they can assist your project. This thread is mainly concerning Myriad. My understanding is that there are some out there who are interested in starting a flame war between Myriad and DGB. Please don't construe my comments as disparaging to DGB, it's just that I'm indifferent to what that project is doing.

Thanks for your kind words, if the Myraid developers decide to move on with life you would be a most welcome addition to the digibyte community.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:56:39 PM

Guys. Quote spam. It's a thing. Stop it.

Also, wtf are you talking about XMR has millions in funding? Afaik every Monero project besides working on core code (and some of that too) gets crowdfunded through the forum website:
https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:29:42 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 04:40:07 PM by synthgauge

The communications of MYR still active on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/5o972z/tips_time/

I commissioned 11 sockpupets of mine to attack that thread, hope they will crash it.
DGBforver

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

Guys. Quote spam. It's a thing. Stop it.

Also, wtf are you talking about XMR has millions in funding? Afaik every Monero project besides working on core code (and some of that too) gets crowdfunded through the forum website:
https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress

This is what they will have you believe, XMR has it's own pairings on Poloniex and a supporter that has more money then he knows what to do with. Trust me XMR has more funding then all coins except ETH. Digibytes $250k is a drop in the ocean compared to what ETH and XMR have had in funding.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

Monero has its own pairings on poloniex because they were the first exchange to list cryptonotes besides thekozitwo's short lived exchange, and the volume that Monero and Bytecoin provided allowed poloniex to quickly repay its debts from getting hacked earlier in 2014. I think Monero has more than one early Bitcoin adopter supporting it, but if you look at the funding attempts on the forum you can see that the efforts are supported by many people.

Anyway, sorry for off topic banter. Happy that myriad is still trading on polo, though not that polo and bittrex are still using old ticker. Also nice to see that if someone wanted to grab a few BTC worth, than myriad will have higher per coin price than dgb Smiley
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:35:38 PM

MYR is the next POT

With the Halvening coming soon, the price will go up

MYR MOOOOON :p

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DGBforver

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:01:17 PM

Monero has its own pairings on poloniex because they were the first exchange to list cryptonotes besides thekozitwo's short lived exchange, and the volume that Monero and Bytecoin provided allowed poloniex to quickly repay its debts from getting hacked earlier in 2014. I think Monero has more than one early Bitcoin adopter supporting it, but if you look at the funding attempts on the forum you can see that the efforts are supported by many people.

Anyway, sorry for off topic banter. Happy that myriad is still trading on polo, though not that polo and bittrex are still using old ticker. Also nice to see that if someone wanted to grab a few BTC worth, than myriad will have higher per coin price than dgb Smiley

That is a mainstream media reply. Don't think like a child and buy into what is being shown on the surface.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 07:28:09 PM

That is a mainstream media reply. Don't think like a child and buy into what is being shown on the surface.

That page boy with a samurai avatar will probably ignore ur advice coz he has no idea that reality is not anywhere near what he has been shown. He looks at the chart thinking it is what it should be, but in reality... oh boy... in reality things are not what they appear.

MyriadAngel

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:57:38 PM

The communications of MYR still active on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/5o972z/tips_time/

I commissioned 11 sockpupets of mine to attack that thread, hope they will crash it.

Why be destructive for no reason? You sound like a greedy, malicious person. Grin

Happy halving day everyone!!!!
nigttran

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:36:04 AM

Yeah, after  halving day, my profit is decrease a half.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:41:58 AM

poloniex should change ticket from MYR to XMY
nigttran

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:02:59 AM

Why do change the MYR symbol, i think MYR is nice than XMY. Lol
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:14:25 AM

MYR is the official ticker for the Malaysian Ringgit, so Bitsquare didn't like Myriadcoin using it, so that kind of spawned the change to XMY.
nigttran

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:21:40 AM

XMY also, but now where thẻ XMY dev? Why halving but price not rise?
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:44:00 AM

XMY also, but now where thẻ XMY dev? Why halving but price not rise?

This is why it's best to dump the anonymous coin developers and join forces with projects that have funding and traders that see a future with said coin. There is no money here, I am being honest.

MYR doesn't have much of a leg to stand on, there is no money for bribes that coins like XMR could pull off.

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:45:20 PM

Do you like DigiByte over Myriad?

Please go to a DigiByte thread.

People come here to read about Myriad and NOT DigiByte.

Please respect that.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: