Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:41:26 PM

yes, 280x 225mh/s skein @ 156 Watt
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:55:36 PM

yes, 280x 225mh/s skein @ 156 Watt

156 W?
HOW?
Do you have flashed bios? What voltage?
Have this 2 cards and they are pretty hot.. so hot that my leg which is next to rig is getting ill..
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:01:52 AM

I have a question....

What is keeping someone from selling their ASICs and buying a crapload of Video Cards and mine this coin with Scrypt instead of SHA256?

Another question:

Would someone mining with a $100 CPU make as many coins as someone with a $6000 ASIC? If not, where is this balance at exactly?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Tekkerr

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:12:18 AM

Another question:

Would someone mining with a $100 CPU make as many coins as someone with a $6000 ASIC? If not, where is this balance at exactly?

Excuse me ? You want balance between 100$ - 6000$ investment and risk ? It's fair, but not balanced ...
I'm not seeing what you mean. The ROI is completely different, normally your maintenance costs are completely different. The risks are completly different.
It's like being mad on early adopters of Bitcoin, that they made a huge profit, it was there for everyone, but not many took the baith, is it fair, yes, is it balanced no ...
Balance has nothing to do with investments, fairness has nothing to do with balance.
The way you see it, I think nothing can be fair. But it IS balanced!
The way you explain, I could buy 60 - 100$ CPU's and outmine a 6000$ ASIC, by 60 times rate. Is that balanced then ?
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:29:24 AM

I have a question....

What is keeping someone from selling their ASICs and buying a crapload of Video Cards and mine this coin with Scrypt instead of SHA256?

Another question:

- nothing and I always went for GPUs instead of ASICs as ASICs are only usable for one algo.. GPU can be used over and over again for lot of algos as we see today..

yes, if he would be only person mining on that CPU so diff would be low at CPU algo and brutally high at SHA256. But as you can tell, this can not happen as if there is better ROI at CPU, then ppl are moving into CPU algo and increasing its difficulty thus making CPU mining less profitable. And also thay can leave SHA256 thus lowering difficulty there so making it more profitable..

Its kinda funny to see member with "100 activity" asking such questions Smiley
neuroMode

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:53:36 AM

I have a question....

Another question:

- nothing and I always went for GPUs instead of ASICs as ASICs are only usable for one algo.. GPU can be used over and over again for lot of algos as we see today..

yes, if he would be only person mining on that CPU so diff would be low at CPU algo and brutally high at SHA256. But as you can tell, this can not happen as if there is better ROI at CPU, then ppl are moving into CPU algo and increasing its difficulty thus making CPU mining less profitable. And also thay can leave SHA256 thus lowering difficulty there so making it more profitable..

Right, so I guess I'm asking these questions because I cannot see the total net hash of Scrypt (I'm mining right now with my R9 290s), so I assume I cannot see the total net hash of sha-256 and other cpu algos, so I feel sort of "in the dark" as to which algo currently returns the most coins.

I understand there are different difficulties, but say for the sake of argument there are 1000 ASICs mining, 10 Scrypts, and 50000 CPUs. ASIC difficulty will naturally be much higher, but it is  ALSO much higher relative to Scrypts because 10x more relative hashing power? Does the Myriad algorithm take these relative differences into account? And if so, how can we easily check them? If I knew I was 1 of 1000 other ASICs but only 10 scrypt miners were running, couldn't I switch to scrypt and make a much higher proportion of coins?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Tekkerr

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

If I knew I was 1 of 1000 other ASICs but only 10 scrypt miners were running, couldn't I switch to scrypt and make a much higher proportion of coins?

Yes, every 30secs you have a 1/5th change of winning the reward no mather what algorithme you mine, but if you win with 1000 asic algo miners you devide reward with 1000 other miners = 1 coin
If you win the reward @ script with 10 miners, you devide 1000 coins reward with 10 miners = 100 coins.
But the chance of finding blocks is also higher on the asic script mining pool then. so prolly will find 10 times less a block on scrypt, so you find only 10 coins, while on asic you find 10 times more blocks, so you recieve 10 coins = balance
The independable difficulty fix that for you.

This example is that you have all the same hashrate.
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:24:31 AM

I have a question....

Another question:

Right, so I guess I'm asking these questions because I cannot see the total net hash of Scrypt (I'm mining right now with my R9 290s), so I assume I cannot see the total net hash of sha-256 and other cpu algos, so I feel sort of "in the dark" as to which algo currently returns the most coins.

I understand there are different difficulties, but say for the sake of argument there are 1000 ASICs mining, 10 Scrypts, and 50000 CPUs. ASIC difficulty will naturally be much higher, but it is  ALSO much higher relative to Scrypts because 10x more relative hashing power? Does the Myriad algorithm take these relative differences into account? And if so, how can we easily check them? If I knew I was 1 of 1000 other ASICs but only 10 scrypt miners were running, couldn't I switch to scrypt and make a much higher proportion of coins?

check my signature you'll find alot of info in that link, also that's the whole beauty of the coin, it's like a profit switching pool but in one algo + security + fast + fair + low cap + slow distribution.

nope
neuroMode

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:31:24 AM

I have a question....

Another question:

check my signature you'll find alot of info in that link, also that's the whole beauty of the coin, it's like a profit switching pool but in one algo + security + fast + fair + low cap + slow distribution.

It's only fair if these stats are publicly available to all. I'll check your link.

neuroMode

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:37:31 AM

I have a question....

Another question:

Wow, those are fairly even distributions of hashing power. Cool website!

So how hard would it be to add a new algorithm to the pie when everything is already in motion?

moehawk

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:22:15 AM

WHY THE HELL DID I GET LOCKED FROM http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com/ I AM REALLY STARTING TO GET SICK OF THESE POOLS AND SHOULD JUST START SOLO MINING

Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock.

god knows how long i was locked out, My coins better be there when it gets unlocked

Edit: By these pools i mean POOLS that screw people around
aakashkumar

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:34:45 AM

WHY THE HELL DID I GET LOCKED FROM http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com/ I AM REALLY STARTING TO GET SICK OF THESE POOLS AND SHOULD JUST START SOLO MINING

Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock.

god knows how long i was locked out, My coins better be there when it gets unlocked

I have no problem with http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com ,  Payouts little bit delay but Everything Fine .

Do you did any exploit on the pool  http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com  ?
moehawk

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:39:15 AM

I have no problem with http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com[/b] ,  Payouts little bit delay but Everything Fine .

Do you did any exploit on the pool  http://myrgroestl.stablehash.com[/b]  ?

How do you even exploit it ?, i had over 350Mh/s, i leave for 1 hour and come back sign in and then i get a stupid msg saying i been locked. WTF is that.....i had problems with them a few weeks ago when i saw the MHS where not accurate, but when i checked it out today it seemed like the site was fixed AND BOY WAS I WRONG. I better get the coins i mined!!!

And i dont even get a email for instructions ARRRGGGHH!!!
aakashkumar

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:02:53 AM

How do you even exploit it ?, i had over 350Mh/s, i leave for 1 hour and come back sign in and then i get a stupid msg saying i been locked. WTF is that.....i had problems with them a few weeks ago when i saw the MHS where not accurate, but when i checked it out today it seemed like the site was fixed AND BOY WAS I WRONG. I better get the coins i mined!!!

And i dont even get a email for instructions ARRRGGGHH!!!
[/quote]

350mh/s ? its looks suspicious

contact site admin if you are not doing any exploit . Wink
moehawk

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:11:07 AM

How does that look suspicious, using the groestl algo i get close to 17Mh/s each R9 290X i have 18x 290x and 2x 290 (NON X)....They don't expect everyone to have only 2x 290x..

Edit: I have sent a email, well see where we go from here.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:19:55 AM

What algo should I mine with my older ATI cards?
moehawk

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

groestl or Skein is pretty good with old cards...but i will go groestl Smiley
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:28:24 AM

Account locking is to prevent account hacking. Please be careful with your login details.  I have unlocked your account.
moehawk

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:43:41 AM

Account locking is to prevent account hacking. Please be careful with your login details.  I have unlocked your account.

Thank you for unlocking, My windows is fresh and my login details uses a combination of letters and symbols.. i don't understand how my account looked suspicious.
fiddler

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:14:17 AM

How does that look suspicious, using the groestl algo i get close to 17Mh/s each R9 290X i have 18x 290x and 2x 290 (NON X)....They don't expect everyone to have only 2x 290x..

Edit: I have sent a email, well see where we go from here.

That's some serious hardware right there...  and you're dedicating it all to Myriad?

Innovative idea, check.  Good perception from community check.  Early days check.

Time to mine the crap out of this coin.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: