Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
iamphoenix

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:43:28 PM

Bryce Weiner = 8bitcoder ?

This guy bryce is a fucking moron, dressed like a fucking drug addict, i hope its not the myr dev.

dude if the guy really does crypto coding/etc 20hrs a day (not that much actually when you think about it .. me going 36 hours+ researching lol)
i think hes entitled to wear comfortable cloths

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:57:23 PM

So, I wrote this last night. Let me know if there are any errors. I was intending to inspire. Maybe we can use some version of this to help promote MYR.

Satoshi originally envisioned a decentralized global cryptocurrency landscape with Bitcoin, defined in part by instantaneous, international p2p transactions free from any 3rd party oversight, the open source development of the Bitcoin network, and a blockchain that can be kept secure by anyone in the world with a CPU (or GPU) with a built-in reward mechanism for participation and compensation for the cost of electricity.

What we are beginning to see is a deviation from the third point about decentralized mining--a major deviation. The industrialization of Bitcoin mining is squeezing out the little guy from participating in the Bitcoin network. Consequentially, this makes it likely that the impoverished countries and underbanked people that need Bitcoin the MOST will be the LAST to directly benefit from it. This seems all backwards, and despite the mining industry's attempt to convince us otherwise, we are at a crossroads with what the future of Bitcoin (and altcoin) mining should entail. Do we ramp up industrialization of ASICs to better secure the network at the cost of increasingly excluding the rest of the world from participating? Can the industrialization of ASICs really make them cheap enough to put in the hands of every man, woman, and child in the world? If so, how long will that take? Or is there a solution elsewhere in CryptoLand that can positively correlate enhanced security with inclusiveness?

Looking to CryptoLand, we find a an innovative yet fragmented environment marred mainly by exclusionary attributes. Putting clone/copy/spamcoins aside (no explanation needed), a pattern we see emerging with new altcoins is a push to create PoW algorithms designed to "be ASIC free." At first glance, this seems to be healthy advancement for CrytoLand as innovation is always a breath of fresh air. But upon further inspection I believe they might be just as unhealthy for CryptoLand than the clone/copy/spamcoins, but in a less obvious way. These new PoWs, while innovative and resourceful of cryptography research, unintentionally fragment the mining community with their game of ASIC "Keep Away". Each new PoW cryptocurrency is inherently excluding itself from the rest, creating a new "island" of miners in CryptoLand that have fled from the mainland. Naturally, they begin distinguishing themselves from the rest of the SHA256 and Scrypt miners both socially and technologically, perhaps even subconsciously pitting themselves against those on the mainland. While not the end of the world in an environment that is pushing the frontier, the fragmentation is enhanced as clone/copy/spamcoins immediately pop up on these islands using the same PoW under a different brand and attract more miners from the mainland with it. Furthermore, each altcoin with a new PoW naturally grows larger as development aims to attract and retain more miners for its network security and value. CryptoLand becomes characterized more by fragmentation and less by decentralization as time goes on. It's hard imagine how a solution for inclusiveness could be found in this type of environment, but alas; one was born recently in the form of a modular, multi-PoW blockchain called MyriadCoin.

With the birth of Myriadcoin, multi-PoWs solve:
  • The centralization of ASICs
  • The fragmentation of altcoin miners
  • The game of "Keep Away" from ASICs

Mult-PoW cryptocurrencies will act as the bridge-builders between these island and the mainland, instantly transforming fragmentation into decentralization. Miners can coexist with ASICs in an inclusive blockchain that rewards miners of each PoW fairly. SHA256 ASICs cannot squeeze the GPU miners out from the network because SHA256 ASICs compete among each other, not among the others for 1/5 of the block rewards in Myriad. As a sanctuary from ASICs, GPU miners can choose between 4 other PoWs (Scrypt, Skein, Groestl, or Qubit) that each receive 1/5 of the newly minted coins, respectively. If Scrypt ASICs come on the scene, GPU miners can still choose from Skein, Groestl, or Qubit. If ASICs come on the scene for Skein, Groestl, and Qubit, the Myriad developers can switch out one of the algos for a new, non-ASICed PoW. The game is no longer "Keep Away." The game is "All Aboard."

Looking ahead, we know impoverished countries still don't have the luxury of GPU rigs to participate in any cryptocurrency network (let alone Bitcoin). Until a PoW system comes out that is as inclusive as possible (e.g. "human mining"; anyone with a cell phone can mine), we are still left with imperfect solutions that keep 1st world countries alienated from 2nd- and 3rd-world countries. But imagine, even if a PoW system like the one just mentioned is invented it, it would be the largest fragmentation to date since the mining industry at large won't suddenly cease operations. This PoW system would operate outside the bounds of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and all the other "mono-blockchains" that are inherently exclusive. But Myriad, with its modular, inclusive multi-PoW blockchain, can build a bridge to all the human miners by swapping in their groundbreaking PoW and instantly have the entire world securing the same global blockchain with fair rewards and equal distribution.

Multi-PoWs are the next step in converting an Exclusive, Fragmented CryptoLand into an Inclusive, Decentralization CryptoUtopia.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

First Myriad clone to be released soon : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565610
yawn Myriads first clone

try a different ticker symbol
KFC = Kentucky fried chicken

lol, premine ipo, innovation is coins mature in 49823423852357862378562387562387 days Smiley)) I lold.

nope
WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:43:43 AM

First Myriad clone to be released soon : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565610

ShitCoin, IPO Grin

doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:49:49 AM

yawn Myriads first clone

try a different ticker symbol
KFC = Kentucky fried chicken

lol, premine ipo, innovation is coins mature in 49823423852357862378562387562387 days Smiley)) I lold.

Well at least they are trying. I believe that more clones will only help this myriad.
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:23:07 AM

hey guys,

i have to ask: why a rebranding? specifically, why renaming it?

brazil might be one of the few places where the name "myriad" might actually work..

This is the problem with behind closed doors deals, you can't give out too many details.

MYR will not be rebranding in any way. There will only be partial rebranding of a built wallet for the brazilian people. This does not affect the MYR community in any way. What we are doing with Brazil with the help of the nice people at Blocktech we can later do with other countries to and with a little luck Myriad might just become a coin for ALL countries open to cryptocurrency.

On a sidenote. Will someone with some design skills download the graphic files from the MYR github and start working a rough draft for a Brazilian wallet design ?

ON IT LIKE MUSTARD ON A SANDWHICH!

will get in contact via irc.
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:27:52 AM

This guy bryce is a fucking moron, dressed like a fucking drug addict, i hope its not the myr dev.

dude if the guy really does crypto coding/etc 20hrs a day (not that much actually when you think about it .. me going 36 hours+ researching lol)

brycetoshi nakaweiner?
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:02:16 AM

So, I wrote this last night. Let me know if there are any errors. I was intending to inspire. Maybe we can use some version of this to help promote MYR.
nice writeup Smiley
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:55:40 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 06:12:34 AM by Muzzargh

brycetoshi nakaweiner?

Now that!!! . . . was laugh-out-loud funny. . . . literally!!!   Grin
Muzzargh

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:11:37 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 06:51:46 AM by Muzzargh

Satoshi originally envisioned a decentralized global cryptocurrency landscape with Bitcoin, defined in part by instantaneous, international p2p transactions free from any 3rd party oversight, the open source development of the Bitcoin network, and a blockchain that can be kept secure by anyone in the world with a CPU (or GPU) with a built-in reward mechanism for participation and compensation for the cost of electricity.

What we are beginning to see is a deviation from the third point about decentralized mining--a major deviation. The industrialization of Bitcoin mining is squeezing out the little guy from participating in the Bitcoin network. Consequentially, this makes it likely that the impoverished countries and underbanked people that need Bitcoin the MOST will be the LAST to directly benefit from it. This seems all backwards, and despite the mining industry's attempt to convince us otherwise, we are at a crossroads with what the future of Bitcoin (and altcoin) mining should entail. Do we ramp up industrialization of ASICs to better secure the network at the cost of increasingly excluding the rest of the world from participating? Can the industrialization of ASICs really make them cheap enough to put in the hands of every man, woman, and child in the world? If so, how long will that take? Or is there a solution elsewhere in CryptoLand that can positively correlate enhanced security with inclusiveness?

Looking to CryptoLand, we find a an innovative yet fragmented environment marred mainly by exclusionary attributes. Putting clone/copy/spamcoins aside (no explanation needed), a pattern we see emerging with new altcoins is a push to create PoW algorithms designed to "be ASIC free." At first glance, this seems to be healthy advancement for CrytoLand as innovation is always a breath of fresh air. But upon further inspection I believe they might be just as unhealthy for CryptoLand than the clone/copy/spamcoins, but in a less obvious way. These new PoWs, while innovative and resourceful of cryptography research, unintentionally fragment the mining community with their game of ASIC "Keep Away". Each new PoW cryptocurrency is inherently excluding itself from the rest, creating a new "island" of miners in CryptoLand that have fled from the mainland. Naturally, they begin distinguishing themselves from the rest of the SHA256 and Scrypt miners both socially and technologically, perhaps even subconsciously pitting themselves against those on the mainland. While not the end of the world in an environment that is pushing the frontier, the fragmentation is enhanced as clone/copy/spamcoins immediately pop up on these islands using the same PoW under a different brand and attract more miners from the mainland with it. Furthermore, each altcoin with a new PoW naturally grows larger as development aims to attract and retain more miners for its network security and value. CryptoLand becomes characterized more by fragmentation and less by decentralization as time goes on. It's hard imagine how a solution for inclusiveness could be found in this type of environment, but alas; one was born recently in the form of a modular, multi-PoW blockchain called MyriadCoin.

Mult-PoW cryptocurrencies will act as the bridge-builders between these island and the mainland, instantly transforming fragmentation into decentralization. Miners can coexist with ASICs in an inclusive blockchain that rewards miners of each PoW fairly. SHA256 ASICs cannot squeeze the GPU miners out from the network because SHA256 ASICs compete among each other, not among the others for 1/5 of the block rewards in Myriad. As a sanctuary from ASICs, GPU miners can choose between 4 other PoWs (Scrypt, Skein, Groestl, or Qubit) that each receive 1/5 of the newly minted coins, respectively. If Scrypt ASICs come on the scene, GPU miners can still choose from Skein, Groestl, or Qubit. If ASICs come on the scene for Skein, Groestl, and Qubit, the Myriad developers can switch out one of the algos for a new, non-ASICed PoW. The game is no longer "Keep Away." The game is "All Aboard."

Looking ahead, we know impoverished countries still don't have the luxury of GPU rigs to participate in any cryptocurrency network (let alone Bitcoin). Until a PoW system comes out that is as inclusive as possible (e.g. "human mining"; anyone with a cell phone can mine), we are still left with imperfect solutions that keep 1st world countries alienated from 2nd- and 3rd-world countries. But imagine, even if a PoW system like the one just mentioned is invented it, it would be the largest fragmentation to date since the mining industry at large won't suddenly cease operations. This PoW system would operate outside the bounds of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and all the other "mono-blockchains" that are inherently exclusive. But Myriad, with its modular, inclusive multi-PoW blockchain, can build a bridge to all the human miners by swapping in their groundbreaking PoW and instantly have the entire world securing the same global blockchain with fair rewards and equal distribution.

Multi-PoWs are the next step in converting an Exclusive, Fragmented CryptoLand into an Inclusive, Decentralization CryptoUtopia.

Nice!!  I only spotted a couple of things:

"of environment, but alas; one was born recently" - I read this as "of environment, but sadly one was born recently"

I know the semicolon tries to fix it but I just don't think it works.  Perhaps it could be:

"of environment, but fortunately one was born recently"

and:

"just mentioned is invented it, it would be the largest"

Should be:

"just mentioned, is invented, it would be the largest"

Grin

KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

Good idea and algorithm soon raise the price.

Dozens of new coins with the same age already umerli. I constantly extractive coins and keep for the future.

Security problems exist in all crypto money. Decentralization maintain network is one of the priorities in this regard.

To maximize profits for miners and maintain a reliable network represent

a powerful pool with 0% commission - http://myr.coinsprofit.com/.

Mine and provide security to be together.

What happen to your pool, what happen to the coins we still had in your pool?Huh
mami

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:28:34 AM

I don't care about his clothes, but

http://kentucky.arrests.org/Arrests/Bryce_Weiner_10082393/ came up quickly in google, and the mugshot DOES look like him...

Can we talk?
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:53:36 AM

http://kentucky.arrests.org/Arrests/Bryce_Weiner_10082393/ came up quickly in google, and the mugshot DOES look like him...

Can we talk?

I LOLED =)))))))) it's him alright but that wolong comment tho ... hahahahaha
chill, it's from 2003 and no other relevant data is there.

nope
mami

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:01:41 AM

Can we talk?

I LOLED =)))))))) it's him alright but that wolong comment tho ... hahahahaha
chill, it's from 2003 and no other relevant data is there.

I'm not out to ruin the man's name (we've all done stupid things in our life). As you pointed out, it's from 2003.

If he's going to be a point man for this coin, I WOULD appreciate some sort of explanation from him...
barryzand

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

So whats the plan now...

Bryce Weiner is going to promote Myriad in Brasil? But not as Myriad coin, but by another name? why? lol.. is that even gonna work?

Though he looks like a homeless guy... Some of the things he said were pretty straight up... I liked it...
And if hes living of btc, I wouldnt give a shit how I looked either... LOL.. chilling away...  Wink

snuckles

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:59:54 AM

Can i use a 200GH antminer on this coin and how many would i get roughly a day? any help any one thanks  Huh
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:02:34 AM

Can i use a 200GH antminer on this coin and how many would i get roughly a day? any help any one thanks  Huh
http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/
Miki

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:15:05 AM

http://kentucky.arrests.org/Arrests/Bryce_Weiner_10082393/

Mugshot comment is concerning - online scam artist ... It was left in March 2014, not 2003 ..

I am not going to support a homeless-looking guy with a mugshot dossie, i vote against giving him any say in the Brazil rebranding, if it ever happens.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:35:47 AM

Nice!!  I only spotted a couple of things:

"of environment, but alas; one was born recently" - I read this as "of environment, but sadly one was born recently"

I know the semicolon tries to fix it but I just don't think it works.  Perhaps it could be:

"of environment, but fortunately one was born recently"

and:

"just mentioned is invented it, it would be the largest"

Should be:

"just mentioned, is invented, it would be the largest"

Grin

Thanks for the grammatical fixes! Smiley

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
xfelinho

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:12:00 AM

asic algo:sha256d, scrypt
nVidia algo: groestl --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.10820 780ti gets 2x the hashrate of r9 290

skein and qubit?? Does one of them favor amd gpus?
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: