Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
mmihai1978

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:00:29 PM

#MAMMMP is coming.

Myriad's "killer app".

Stay tuned.

multi algo
merged mining
auto exchange
multipool.

but which coins will be merge-mined?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 10:13:59 PM

Pools for Myriad:

https://myrgrs.suprnova.cc  - Groestl

&

https://myrskein.suprnova.cc - Skein

&

https://myrq.suprnova.cc - Qubit *NEW*

We got patched Stratum against the diff-Attacks, No fake shares are counted on all our Pools !

Our Groestl Pool would need some power...

All our Pools have now been updated with the latest wallet !

we would need some power on our qubit pool... seems no one is mining qubit at all.. Sad

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

#MAMMMP is coming.

Myriad's "killer app".

Stay tuned.

multi algo
merged mining
auto exchange
multipool.

but which coins will be merge-mined?

Who is working on this app ? Auto exchange .. funny... whos the joker behind MAMAMP ?
mmihai1978

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:35:44 PM

i'm just speculating and guessing so you are best advised to stick to official announcements.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:59:48 PM

Moolah is adding us to their mobile trading app as we speak!

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/459481366233899008

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:15:24 AM

How many people use moolah ? noone.
neuroMode

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:42:57 AM

I'm about to.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:17:29 AM

mobile trading
merchants
I've high hopes for them I think moolah is going to be a major alt player this year. also GTFO primer-

nope
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 03:33:53 AM

All proceeds from the dice games will currently go towards Myriadcoin development. Play for a good cause!

Addresses, rules, results and proof can be viewed here:

http://cryptap.us/myr/dice/

Since this is currently for charity, the 500 MYR bounty for flaws is rescinded. If you do find a flaw I will gladly refund any lost coins, PM me.

Feedback is welcome.

There is a new game on the dice page, a coinbomb game (also known as "hot potato"). Please let me know if there are any issues.

Another new game has been added to the dice page, a transparent Ponzi game. Invest early to receive 110% of your investment (please read the link in the rules if you seriously do not know what a Ponzi scheme is).

As always, feedback is welcome.

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
neuroMode

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:26:14 AM

Feel free to back me up here: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/23tzg1/which_altcoin_to_hedge_risk/ch0kksp

Discussion of Myriadcoin in /r/bitcoinmarkets. Smiley

dannyboy

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:15:06 AM

... also using getmininginfo would require running a wallet on my mining rig (or using RPC to connect to one) which further complicates things.  That said, it would probably be an improvement to use getmininginfo, so if someone wants to send me the maths to get from the difficulties of the various algos to "Coins/Scrypt MH" then I'll update my script and post a new version using that.

it should be in a config file because 290/290x mines differently than 280x (faster skein, slower groestl for the same scrypt mhash/s)

I made a php script that does the same thing for windows:
https://bitbucket.org/iopq/automatic-algo-switcher-for-myriadcoin/

I scape the difficulties from the JSON api and my config file has the settings for an R9 290
if you want to do it from the wallet and run the wallet I suggest you use the same approach, I have scrypt disabled because it takes too much power

what you might want to also do is scrape the price info, let the user specify the power usage of each algo (and $/watt), and calculate the most profitable algo based on current price and selling immediately after mining

Hmmm I was wondering about that.  The "Coins/Scrypt MH" number seems to give me a good enough approximation of profitability for my R9 280x for my purposes, but I see that to do it properly those numbers would need to be weighted for different GPUs.  I guess the numbers are just discovered experimentally?  I don't have the time (or the equipment) to work out the weightings for coin production on different algos and different hardware unfortunately.  Your idea for letting the user specify the power and doing a proper cost analysis before choosing the algo is great... but again I'm not sure I have the time right now to implement that Sad 

I think I will take up foodie's offer of a nice simplified "Coins/Scrypt MH" webpage to get the numbers from and leave it at that for now.  I'll also implement a decent algo choosing mechanism - maybe based on the setting of the commands at the top of the script (ie:  no command for a given algo means leave that algo out of the running).

At some point I'll put it on github and open it up if people are interested in contributing?

Also - a question for the devs and other coin-tech people:  Is the constant switching of miners between algos in this way considered harmful to the coin?  Obviously if *all* miners were switching en-mass on the hour, it would cause some pretty wild and weird swings in difficulty and hash rates for the algos...  I know auto-switching pools are frowned upon for this reason by some people.  When you have big enough hordes of miners chasing profit from coin to coin it can severely impact hashrates and leave coins vulnerable to attack at certain times.  I suppose chasing profit *within the one coin* as we are doing here is not as bad... but then its open for analysis / discussion.
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:59:05 AM

Has anyone been able to get their Win 7 rig running R9 290's to run at greater than 640x480 headless?  If I attach a monitor I can set what resolution I want and it will stay like that after I remove the monitor however after a reboot it goes back to 640x480.  I've tried every trick I could find on the net without success   Shocked  I don't have a spare monitor I can leave attached to it either.

There is an HDMI fake monitor plug on ebay, is that the only way?
mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:26:06 AM

Has anyone been able to get their Win 7 rig running R9 290's to run at greater than 640x480 headless?  If I attach a monitor I can set what resolution I want and it will stay like that after I remove the monitor however after a reboot it goes back to 640x480.  I've tried every trick I could find on the net without success   Shocked  I don't have a spare monitor I can leave attached to it either.

Unfortunately yes. In my rigs with R9 290 I have put one non 290's Gpu as primary card to solve this problem.
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:48:59 AM

Unfortunately yes. In my rigs with R9 290 I have put one non 290's Gpu as primary card to solve this problem.

So any old card will do?
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:31:12 PM

... also using getmininginfo would require running a wallet on my mining rig (or using RPC to connect to one) which further complicates things.  That said, it would probably be an improvement to use getmininginfo, so if someone wants to send me the maths to get from the difficulties of the various algos to "Coins/Scrypt MH" then I'll update my script and post a new version using that.

it should be in a config file because 290/290x mines differently than 280x (faster skein, slower groestl for the same scrypt mhash/s)

I scape the difficulties from the JSON api and my config file has the settings for an R9 290
if you want to do it from the wallet and run the wallet I suggest you use the same approach, I have scrypt disabled because it takes too much power

what you might want to also do is scrape the price info, let the user specify the power usage of each algo (and $/watt), and calculate the most profitable algo based on current price and selling immediately after mining

Hmmm I was wondering about that.  The "Coins/Scrypt MH" number seems to give me a good enough approximation of profitability for my R9 280x for my purposes, but I see that to do it properly those numbers would need to be weighted for different GPUs.  I guess the numbers are just discovered experimentally?  I don't have the time (or the equipment) to work out the weightings for coin production on different algos and different hardware unfortunately.  Your idea for letting the user specify the power and doing a proper cost analysis before choosing the algo is great... but again I'm not sure I have the time right now to implement that Sad 

I think I will take up foodie's offer of a nice simplified "Coins/Scrypt MH" webpage to get the numbers from and leave it at that for now.  I'll also implement a decent algo choosing mechanism - maybe based on the setting of the commands at the top of the script (ie:  no command for a given algo means leave that algo out of the running).

At some point I'll put it on github and open it up if people are interested in contributing?

Also - a question for the devs and other coin-tech people:  Is the constant switching of miners between algos in this way considered harmful to the coin?  Obviously if *all* miners were switching en-mass on the hour, it would cause some pretty wild and weird swings in difficulty and hash rates for the algos...  I know auto-switching pools are frowned upon for this reason by some people.  When you have big enough hordes of miners chasing profit from coin to coin it can severely impact hashrates and leave coins vulnerable to attack at certain times.  I suppose chasing profit *within the one coin* as we are doing here is not as bad... but then its open for analysis / discussion.

Maybe would be helpful if we could get some kind of database or a list similar to: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison
A large sample size of various hardware configurations could yield more accurate average hashrates.
mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

So any old card will do?

I have combined 280x. Any R9 270,280 (or older series 5,6,7 ) will work.
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

it's actually a really good thing because it keeps all algorithms stable
as groestl drops in difficulty the 290/290x miners come on
as it drops further the 280x miners come on

as skein drops the 280x miners come on
as it drops further the 290(x) miners come on

so the difficulties should be more stable as more people automatically switch to a low difficulty algorithm
this makes it easier to mine a solo algorithm too, since it doesn't experience wild swings in difficulty
N[e]wBie

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:39:55 PM

does anyone know if there are any profitability calculators for mining myriad? I really like the coin and would like to support it, but I am not sure I could justify it if it is not profitable to mine. Thanks!

BTC: 1ESZr887vTZqYtDuwwspn1jBaoRU9jMcv1
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:43:18 PM

does anyone know if there are any profitability calculators for mining myriad? I really like the coin and would like to support it, but I am not sure I could justify it if it is not profitable to mine. Thanks!

You can look here http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/, then check the current exchange rate at Poloniex or Mintpal and calculate it pretty easily.
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

I'm working on a mining hardware info page, I guess I could squeeze in a calculator.

nope
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: