Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849681 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:43:42 PM

Pool down?

The connection has timed out

The server at myrgrs.suprnova.cc is taking too long to respond.

Be back soon, mega-ddos at the moment.. Somebody wants us down badly ...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:01:22 PM

We've repeatedly stated here and on reddit/twitter that the project with bryce and blocktech is just a partenership where we give them use of our blockchain and nothing more it was also specifically stated not to confuse myr with blocktech on our official twitter we can only do so much distancing without looking like we're purposely running away from blocktech. Also there is no hard evidence that bryce has ever done anything dishonest or otherwise imoral in crypto and until that is shown without doubt there is no need for a discussion such as this one. You've sold half your myr, sorry to hear that it was a poor decision and if some tweeting did that then you need to rethink your investment strategies.

EDIT: and btw I'm not bashing on primer- for how he's talking I'm bashing on him because all he's done is declare this coin dead and the team a fail from the day we said no cpuonly algo, I suspect he's trying to fud so he can profit more but he's to damn stupid to do it right.

Later.

My decision wasn't based just on some tweets. It's how the overall picture is developing. My strategy is based on limiting risk. I sold half at a price that leaves me 1.25mil at an average buy-in price of 168 satoshis which is what I'm willing to risk at this point w/ my present uncertainty regarding Bryce/blocktech. If I didn't believe in Myriad as a whole I would have sold all of them and would have been happy to have a nice profit.

You're correct in that there's no hard evidence that there has ever been any sort of wrongdoing but I disagree in regards to there being no need to have this kind of discussion now. Having that discussion after there's evidence (especially if the evidence involves myriad in some way) could be too late. If Myriad gets labeled a scam coin because of blocktech it will be a hard label to shake off. While there's no evidence in anyway that I've found to support the negative chatter I've encountered, there's also no track record of accomplishment that could give me some confidence that the chatter has no basis. It's not like this is Andreas Antonopoulos announcing the prototyping of hardware wallets. If you do any digging there's not much out there on blocktech. I've found one paper written by Kirill Gourov that is full of cherry-picked data and a couple linked-in pages.

The biggest issue as I see it is that people are (unfairly) associating Bryce w/ Myriad -- that is what the public perception seems to be whether that's the reality of it or not. I hope blocktech is for real. It would be awesome to have hardware wallets, etc. But w/ all this talk and how announcements, etc have been dealt w/ I'm going to tread cautiously until I see something concrete that shows me blocktech is legit.

neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:26:01 AM

WeGi, we have a bounty board bug that needs fixing. Please contact me. Smiley

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:31:09 AM

We've repeatedly stated here and on reddit/twitter that the project with bryce and blocktech is just a partenership where we give them use of our blockchain and nothing more it was also specifically stated not to confuse myr with blocktech on our official twitter we can only do so much distancing without looking like we're purposely running away from blocktech. Also there is no hard evidence that bryce has ever done anything dishonest or otherwise imoral in crypto and until that is shown without doubt there is no need for a discussion such as this one. You've sold half your myr, sorry to hear that it was a poor decision and if some tweeting did that then you need to rethink your investment strategies.

EDIT: and btw I'm not bashing on primer- for how he's talking I'm bashing on him because all he's done is declare this coin dead and the team a fail from the day we said no cpuonly algo, I suspect he's trying to fud so he can profit more but he's to damn stupid to do it right.

Later.

My decision wasn't based just on some tweets. It's how the overall picture is developing. My strategy is based on limiting risk. I sold half at a price that leaves me 1.25mil at an average buy-in price of 168 satoshis which is what I'm willing to risk at this point w/ my present uncertainty regarding Bryce/blocktech. If I didn't believe in Myriad as a whole I would have sold all of them and would have been happy to have a nice profit.

You're correct in that there's no hard evidence that there has ever been any sort of wrongdoing but I disagree in regards to there being no need to have this kind of discussion now. Having that discussion after there's evidence (especially if the evidence involves myriad in some way) could be too late. If Myriad gets labeled a scam coin because of blocktech it will be a hard label to shake off. While there's no evidence in anyway that I've found to support the negative chatter I've encountered, there's also no track record of accomplishment that could give me some confidence that the chatter has no basis. It's not like this is Andreas Antonopoulos announcing the prototyping of hardware wallets. If you do any digging there's not much out there on blocktech. I've found one paper written by Kirill Gourov that is full of cherry-picked data and a couple linked-in pages.

The biggest issue as I see it is that people are (unfairly) associating Bryce w/ Myriad -- that is what the public perception seems to be whether that's the reality of it or not. I hope blocktech is for real. It would be awesome to have hardware wallets, etc. But w/ all this talk and how announcements, etc have been dealt w/ I'm going to tread cautiously until I see something concrete that shows me blocktech is legit.

It's what makes a market.  People selling.  People buying.  I'm glad you're still invested in MYR...  I'm still adding to my MYR holdings.  I've converted all of my BTC to MYR (there's some fractions here and there, but that's all).

Here's a rhetorical question:  Does a crypto-currency have to be "perfect" in order for it to succeed?

I wasn't invested in crypto when bitcoin was mostly associated with illicit products.  I wish I was and had invested in it.

In the end (well it's not the end, yet); technology and the soundness of the concept prevailed.  Myriad coin could be an evolution of the crypto-currency.  It's got the momentum and network effect of mass adoption.  There may be cryptos with multi-algo's out there, but who's the biggest?

Coblee tweeting about Myriadcoin is a big deal.  You don't think so?

I know someone who bought Apple stock when it was $12/share (before 3 splits) and sold it when it doubled.  Just like you, he was very happy with his profits.  Apple was not perfect back then.  It had problems...

I'm buying more MYR and hope to hold for a while.  Cheesy

halu
BlazinBeaches

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:47:07 AM

Update from Volkswagon due around Monday.  It is very good news.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:54:12 AM

I hear Trabant is in on it too, they are prototyping a gearshift wallet.
http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/2CV.jpg
cryptowatcher

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:49:24 AM

There are 6 large groups coming together tomorrow to push this coin through the top.  With their combined BTC it will surpass 900 satoshi and quite possibly 1000.
666try

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:10:09 AM

There are 6 large groups coming together tomorrow to push this coin through the top.  With their combined BTC it will surpass 900 satoshi and quite possibly 1000.

any source?

just your feeling?...

now we are below 500.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
neuroMode

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:40:25 AM

Who are you?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:44:40 AM

Later.

It's what makes a market.  People selling.  People buying.  I'm glad you're still invested in MYR...  I'm still adding to my MYR holdings.  I've converted all of my BTC to MYR (there's some fractions here and there, but that's all).

Here's a rhetorical question:  Does a crypto-currency have to be "perfect" in order for it to succeed?

I wasn't invested in crypto when bitcoin was mostly associated with illicit products.  I wish I was and had invested in it.

In the end (well it's not the end, yet); technology and the soundness of the concept prevailed.  Myriad coin could be an evolution of the crypto-currency.  It's got the momentum and network effect of mass adoption.  There may be cryptos with multi-algo's out there, but who's the biggest?

Coblee tweeting about Myriadcoin is a big deal.  You don't think so?

I know someone who bought Apple stock when it was $12/share (before 3 splits) and sold it when it doubled.  Just like you, he was very happy with his profits.  Apple was not perfect back then.  It had problems...

I'm buying more MYR and hope to hold for a while.  Cheesy

This is nice insight. It must be stressed that a decentralized currency is allowed to be used in a decentralized fashion. Other groups/companies/people wanting to use a currency in their own way is perfectly acceptable.

I must stress none of the main Myriadcoin team is screaming "buy buy buy!" with any announcements especially regarding outside projects. We are simply passing on information of other people (Bryce @ Blocktech, InvestImagine, etc) that are doing cool things with Myriad. You don't have to buy on this news, you have all the right in the world to be skeptical. Fear is the mindkiller and paranoia may set in if you are investing too much based on news. Just do your research and invest proportional to your confidence levels. I don't want to see anyone hurt by Myriad and I'm going to do my best to make sure everything is transparent as possible.

HashEngineering

Activity: 350

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:06:24 AM

Work has begun on an Android Wallet for this coin.  We are not sure when it will be ready for beta testing, but it will be a fork of the Andreas Schildbach Bitcoin Wallet.  So far we are working on the Java back end library for it and have cracked the 5 hash algorithms and the difficulty adjustment code.  Syncing with the blockchain appears to be working.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
neuroMode

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:14:23 AM

Work has begun on an Android Wallet for this coin.  We are not sure when it will be ready for beta testing, but it will be a fork of the Andreas Schildbach Bitcoin Wallet.  So far we are working on the Java back end library for it and have cracked the 5 hash algorithms and the difficulty adjustment code.  Syncing with the blockchain appears to be working.

You cracked the code! Awesome. Keep us posted. It appears you guys enjoy the challenge Myriadcoin brings Smiley

scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:44:31 AM

TheMyriadPlatform - Myriad's new Facebook page.

First 100 likes receive 100 MYR. (Just post your address on the page!)

https://www.facebook.com/themyriadplatform

Liked on facebook and i have received my 100 MYR thanks Smiley

Dont forget you can mine on my Myriadcoin p2pool node at http://scorp.hopto.org:7903/
Algo: QUBIT

./sgminer -k qubitcoin --no-submit-stale --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 1 -o stratum+tcp://scorp.hopto.org:5567 -u Your Myriad wallet address -p x

neuroMode

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Just a tip for everyone in this thread: Myriad is going on Cryptsy (https://www.cryptsy.com/users/viewdeposits/151). Market is not yet live though.

WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:18:58 AM

Just a tip for everyone in this thread: Myriad is going on Cryptsy (https://www.cryptsy.com/users/viewdeposits/151). Market is not yet live though.

Finally, they add MYR, the best POW coin Grin

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:16:46 AM

Nice to see that
https://myrgrs.suprnova.cc
is back on the air again Cheesy

I'll be watching craptsy closely, we (ZeitCoin) got royally screwed by them when they did a 'guerilla launch' on us, then pulled a sneaky switch to the ltc market within 12 hours.

Personally I've never forgiven them for that.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:51:23 AM

Bot pump in progress on MINTPAL, whoever bought in late better sell during this pump.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 10:53:05 AM

Nice to see that
https://myrgrs.suprnova.cc
is back on the air again Cheesy

I'll be watching craptsy closely, we (ZeitCoin) got royally screwed by them when they did a 'guerilla launch' on us, then pulled a sneaky switch to the ltc market within 12 hours.

Personally I've never forgiven them for that.

Looks like the frontend is down again, but the pool itself is working Smiley
cryptowatcher

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:03:08 AM

Half of the planet is still sleeping. 900+ satoshi plan in the works by later today. Likely even higher.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 11:06:00 AM

and a new small article to celebrate :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/4/myriadcoin-to-be-listed-on-cryptsy-value-up-by-20#
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: