Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:47:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499692 times)
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:45:22 AM

Ok here is the unofficial plan....we need input.  

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

2. We will issue the new wallets for "new Coin2"

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.

i think bter must increase their withdrawal limit. it is merely 100000 per day. i have 500000 there, and it will takes 5 days.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joel511 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:48:49 AM

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.

Appreciate your efforts to get all work, but I have one question (maybe stupid question):

Actually now in the block chain, there exists more than 500 million c2. And
how you guys can assure that the hacker will not send their stolen c2 to Bittrex. If they did, the mount of c2 in Bittrex will be more than 500 million, am I right?

Were did you get this number?  The attacker did not create coins, only double spend them.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:54:46 AM

Appreciate your efforts to get all work, but I have one question (maybe stupid question):

how you guys can assure that the hacker will not send their stolen c2 to Bittrex. If they did, the mount of c2 in Bittrex will be more than 500 million, am I right?
[/quote]

hmmm wait let me tell this to our Dev.

thanks.

can you please advise how you got the figure 500 Million please?

Thank you.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
minesuch

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:57:17 AM

The problem:

The fix:

How this will work:

What we learned:

Were did you get this number?  The attacker did not create coins, only double spend them.

Exactly! There are no more C2 than there ever were, just as there are no fewer. There are however fewer BTC in the exchanges wallets since the attack and as far as I can see, this whole exercise seems to be about paying them back somehow.
If a bank is robbed, do they expect their investors (customers) to reimburse them and would they? No.
minesuch

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:58:59 AM

thanks.
[/quote]

Nelson, you are aware that Joel can see everything you see here, right? He'd already replied to that comment whilst you were offering to pass on the message as usual. STFU!
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:01:02 AM

The problem:

The fix:

How this will work:

What we learned:

Were did you get this number?  The attacker did not create coins, only double spend them.

Exactly! There are no more C2 than there ever were, just as there are no fewer. There are however fewer BTC in the exchanges wallets since the attack and as far as I can see, this whole exercise seems to be about paying them back somehow.
If a bank is robbed, do they expect their investors (customers) to reimburse them and would they? No.

I understand what you are saying, but it is only fair that we do it this way.  Poloniex and Bittrex had measures in place to stop this before it went out of control.  And actually if a bank is robbed, the banks do get their money back. http://www.fdic.gov/

minesuch

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:05:40 AM

The problem:

The fix:

How this will work:

What we learned:

Were did you get this number?  The attacker did not create coins, only double spend them.

I understand what you are saying, but it is only fair that we do it this way.  Poloniex and Bittrex had measures in place to stop this before it went out of control.  And actually if a bank is robbed, the customers do get their money back. http://www.fdic.gov/

You misunderstood me. I said that the bank doesn't get paid back by it's customers and this is clearly correct. And in this case, the bank is analogous to the exchange.
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:11:44 AM

The problem:

The fix:

How this will work:

What we learned:

I understand what you are saying, but it is only fair that we do it this way.  Poloniex and Bittrex had measures in place to stop this before it went out of control.  And actually if a bank is robbed, the customers do get their money back. http://www.fdic.gov/

You misunderstood me. I said that the bank doesn't get paid back by it's customers and this is clearly correct. And in this case, the bank is analogous to the exchange.

Ohh I read that wrong... well how would you feel if you bought C2 with BTC and then never got it?  Doing it this way doesnt hurt anyone, and makes the coin more secure.  Hopefully the exchanges will make the proper adjustments and learn from this as well.  It also proves that people/groups can try to kill an idea, but we will recover and move on.
minesuch

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:15:05 AM

thanks.

Nelson, you are aware that Joel can see everything you see here, right? He'd already replied to that comment whilst you were offering to pass on the message as usual. STFU!

STFU? is that how you deal with people you swear at them? Is that your culture thing? don't show how bad your parents raised you. I am part of the C2 team, im helping out. so if I double up so what?....not your business... act professional.
[/quote]

It is my business when I've got a load of coin I can't do anything with and you may think you're "helping out" but you're just continually spamming the thread with your fellowship of c2 BS and repeating what everyone else said. Go back down your hobbit hole.
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:16:53 AM

thanks.

STFU? is that how you deal with people you swear at them? Is that your culture thing? don't show how bad your parents raised you. I am part of the C2 team, im helping out. so if I double up so what?....not your business... act professional.

It is my business when I've got a load of coin I can't do anything with and you may think you're "helping out" but you're just continually spamming the thread with your fellowship of c2 BS and repeating what everyone else said. Go back down your hobbit hole.
[/quote]

It would be nice if members of COin2 acted professional in this time.  Thank you
dotcoin.info

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

thanks.

It would be nice if members of COin2 acted professional in this time.  Thank you
[/quote]

in this dev we believe in. keep kicking.

and how about polo and bter?  do we need to withdraw all our coins and deposit to bittrex?

and our transaction will not roll back?

am i right?  bter has a notoriously withdraw limit!  it'd better for dev to discuss with them and facilitate this change-over.

dotcoin.info

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:32:55 AM

thanks.

and how about polo and bter?  do we need to withdraw all our coins and deposit to bittrex?

am i right?  bter has a notoriously withdraw limit!  it'd better for dev to discuss with them and facilitate this change-over.
[/quote]

how about we are doing this way.

1. coins in wallet, we deposit them to bittrex, and bittrex change them for us.

2. coins in bter and polo, we keep coins on them. and exchanges can change them for us.

battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:41:23 AM

all my c2 is currently on poloniex.  should i keep coins there?  how to proceed until is all resolved?  thanks
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:43:00 AM

thanks.

2. coins in bter and polo, we keep coins on them. and exchanges can change them for us.

[/quote]

I want it to be done on Bittrexx because they actually respond to requests.  I will need close contact with the exchange in charge and they will be able to do this.
dotcoin.info

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:47:13 AM

thanks.

I want it to be done on Bittrexx because they actually respond to requests.  I will need close contact with the exchange in charge and they will be able to do this.

[/quote]

Thanks dev. wherever it is, we hope it can be done seamlessly, and make sure we can catch up.

thanks again

pagona

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:47:41 AM

you guys gave yourself a lot of headache and sleepless nights with this, it is huge efort and comunity should respect this, dont question it any second because C2 or newC2 IS BIG

some people will not hear for this shifting on time, it is for sure and it might be more then few % less coins after all

or it will be 100%?

it might be if coins are invested properly, and refunded to those who have lost them in this mess

anyway, dev team, think wisely how to act in negotiations with exchanges, dont drop your pants

life is amazing
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:51:37 AM

you guys gave yourself a lot of headache and sleepless nights with this, it is huge efort and comunity should respect this, dont question it any second because C2 or newC2 IS BIG

some people will not hear for this shifting on time, it is for sure and it might be more then few % less coins after all

or it will be 100%?

it might be if coins are invested properly, and refunded to those who have lost them in this mess

anyway, dev team, think wisely how to act in negotiations with exchanges, dont drop your pants

We will stand strong...I think that they also have a reputation to preserve. 
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:53:40 AM

Is the total number of coins 50 million or 500 million?

joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:56:31 AM

Is the total number of coins 50 million or 500 million?

50 million....double spend does not make new coins.
KingArbinV
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:59:31 AM

I guess since Joel has this in hand, I can go back to level designing for
the FPS, which apparently to some people has no real value. If anyone
has seen the games currently involved in crypto currencies, ours is a
huge improvement over scratch-off games, mine-sweeper types, various
other similar simple ones, and Huntercoin. No were not the first to make
one where the coin is being used as a currency in the game, though we
are the first to use a first person shooter to do so. Games like call of duty
attract millions of players to do nothing but sit on their ass, go on killing
sprees, and spend their hard earned money on nothing but achieving in
game rewards that have no value. We are offering those same players
a chance to come in, invest in some C2, and possibly make some money
for their skills in the game. With the right marketing, we could attract
those players. It doesn't matter if your not interested in the game, other
people are. As far as pushing for the launch though, to all you people
anxiously awaiting its arrival, i'll break this gently, it will be launched when
we are ready to launch, I'm not nearly finished with the maps I am working
on, Kalisto is helping joel work on transitioning the coin to PoS, so his work
on the game has been halted til that is done with. Everyone has concerns
over this, even the board members do. That is ok though, Joel is here to
answer questions. I just thought I would give a quick status update on
the state of the FPS, if you don't care about the FPS, don't comment.

World without fiats!
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: