Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499691 times)
joel511 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:13:25 PM

I am talking with a few people now...we have decided the best route to take and are working on how to implement it safetly and in a timely manner.  Please bear with us. 
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:19:27 PM

good morning guys :-)

we will post an update as they arrive

as of now the devs are doing their best doing their jobs.

we will make sure the coins will NOT disappear!!!

i invested my own fiat money heavily as well like everyone here Smiley

The Dev(Joel)& his team will pull this thru! Smiley

thanks for your patience my fellowship of Coin2 Smiley

PS: I am not selling, when I learned what the Dev's plan with this coin I was like...this is a KEEPER... Smiley
Plans: FPS Game + many more (not allowed to say, but will be announce as we progress)...

FPS game in unity is not enough to make C2 alive.

But ok ok..

We are waiting but our patience has got borders Smiley

And still nobody told us - how long you think it will take? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month?

Regards

We all know the game is made from UNITY?

It takes time and our Game Dev (Kalisto) & KingArbinV are NOT sleeping just to meet to produce a beta version, well its in alpha version NOW but we will get there. Games like this is usually made by a team of programmers / map or level makers / producers / music editor etc etc. it takes time.

I'll discuss this with the C2 dev so we can give you guys a definite time, as of now, Joel is in talk with the right people.

And hopefully an official update from Joel.

thanks and thank you very much for your patience!!!. Smiley

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:21:00 PM

I am talking with a few people now...we have decided the best route to take and are working on how to implement it safetly and in a timely manner.  Please bear with us. 

Just do your best ...
And let us know about any updates! When you are silent it is getting nervous for us.
So keep in touch with your community. Inform us about news, how's going..
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:23:34 PM

PS: I am not selling, when I learned what the Dev's plan with this coin I was like...this is a KEEPER... Smiley
Plans: FPS Game + many more (not allowed to say, but will be announce as we progress)...

But ok ok..

And still nobody told us - how long you think it will take? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month?

Regards

It takes time and our Game Dev (Kalisto) & KingArbinV are NOT sleeping just to meet to produce a beta version, well its in alpha version NOW but we will get there. Games like this is usually made by a team of programmers / map or level makers / producers / music editor etc etc. it takes time.

I'll discuss this with the C2 dev so we can give you guys a definite time, as of now, Joel is in talk with the right people.

Yes mate I am game developer so I know it takes time. I just know that you are talking about the game while you are making a COIN. Something that we can use to pay Smiley Game is a game ... not all of users will even play it.

So if you focus at your game and you think your game will give C2 a chance to be better coin ... forget it Smiley
Focus at what is wrong with this coin! Focus at this blockchain issue, focus at stable and secure transfers!
Game can wait...  Security is MAIN thing.

Till now you are soaping our eyes, but we did invested our coins into C2 too and we want something more than a game, we want this coin work again... that's all. I do not even want this game. I will not send a game to someone to pay him. Coin makes difference.
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:36:34 PM

But ok ok..

Regards

Yes mate I am game developer so I know it takes time. I just know that you are talking about the game while you are making a COIN. Something that we can use to pay Smiley Game is a game ... not all of users will even play it.

So if you focus at your game and you think your game will give C2 a chance to be better coin ... forget it Smiley
Focus at what is wrong with this coin! Focus at this blockchain issue, focus at stable and secure transfers!
Game can wait...  Security is MAIN thing.

Till now you are soaping our eyes, but we did invested our coins into C2 too and we want something more than a game, we want this coin work again... that's all. I do not even want this game. I will not send a game to someone to pay him. Coin makes difference.

we assure you the number 1 priority right now is the security.

we have the devs working on it right now.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:51:30 PM

we assure you the number 1 priority right now is the security.

we have the devs working on it right now.

Glad to hear it.

Like I say it would be nice if from time to time you will update your work progress status for us to make us calm more.

Thanks and good luck (to all of us)
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:01:44 PM

you people complaining there has been no updates, really need to go back and read the last few pages. it seems the devs have been in here every few hours giving updates. you all need to learn how to read. you guys crack me up!  Coin2 ROCKS! It will get fixed, patience people!
Rraider

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:07:15 PM

you people complaining there has been no updates, really need to go back and read the last few pages. it seems the devs have been in here every few hours giving updates. you all need to learn how to read. you guys crack me up!  Coin2 ROCKS! It will get fixed, patience people!

EXACTLY !!!  I'm all in C2 more or less. 95 % of my holdings are C2. NOT WORRIED AT ALL !!!! We have a GREAT team working behind the curtain. \m/
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:29:17 PM

EXACTLY !!!  I'm all in C2 more or less. 95 % of my holdings are C2. NOT WORRIED AT ALL !!!! We have a GREAT team working behind the curtain. \m/

In talking mode guys...

Joel will announce the official update...we cant keep posting update we may give you conflicting or incorrect updates.

brb.... meeting happening now. thanks.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Penetrator10

Activity: 405

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:35:29 PM

Yes this guy is a true supporter only attack ,yell at people that make really good job for C2 and think that the problems can be solved in few hours.I agree with two users above me and not worry at all for the future of C2.Just keep voting on Mintpal for C2 and let the crew work in peace.
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:02:47 AM

Ok here is the unofficial plan....we need input.  

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

2. We will issue the new wallets for "new Coin2"

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

+1

we stand behind you Joel Smiley

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.

We have been and will continue working closely with the developers on this transition.  We will do our best to make sure that this plan goes off smoothly and without a hitch.  If anyone has any questions on the exchange side of things, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
Richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Rraider

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:20:27 AM

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger
                                                                  ~ some smart guy

AWESOME !!!on all points Joel,Richie, & C2 team !!!

Only question ...how to deal with those og 1000 who will never get word and update ?
joel511 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:28:24 AM

~ some smart guy

Only question ...how to deal with those og 1000 who will never get word and update ?

We will allow two days to exchange old Coin2 for new Coin2.....i would hope that we would get 90% of users in those two days.....if we get a few stragglers i will try to make up the difference with a "donation".  If they arent paying attention, there is really nothing we can do.
Rraider

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:32:13 AM

~ some smart guy

We will allow two days to exchange old Coin2 for new Coin2.....i would hope that we would get 90% of users in those two days.....if we get a few stragglers i will try to make up the difference with a "donation".  If they arent paying attention, there is really nothing we can do.

That sounds about as fair as you can possibly be. If help needed on "donations" I will be here.  Wink

minesuch

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:34:01 AM

If I understand correctly, there aren't any "fake" coins. What happened it seems is the attacker deposited C2 to Bittrex (and the other exchanges), 51% attacked the network and got credited the C2 at the exchange plus got a bonus refund to their wallet. Repeat ad nauseum until desired amount of C2 shows as credit at the exchange then trade for BTC and cash out.
The real losers here are the exchanges and whilst it's good to see them working with Joel to put it right, I've gotta say it's really up to them to suck up the cost of the attack. They are after all, the one's that let the attacker walk off with their BTC.

I don't see how sending all my C2 to Bittrex is going to help them recover their losses unless there's been some sort of deal cut behind the scenes where they get some sort of reimbursement during the switchover to PoS.

And how do you propose getting all holders to co-operate? What about the ones that don't because they don't see it in time or won't because they think it seems shady?
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:34:37 AM

So we send all our coins to the exchange then we get the new one?  sounds cool.  I have accumulated a bunch so far.

n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:38:29 AM

So we send all our coins to the exchange then we get the new one?  sounds cool.  I have accumulated a bunch so far.

that is correct 1:1 ratio.

for example deposited 1000C2(PoWork) = new 1000C2 (PoStake)

we will keep you guys up to date...

we really appreciate your support and understanding & thank you to Bittrex team for helping out.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
rockrabbit

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:41:32 AM

The problem:

The fix:

How this will work:

What we learned:

Appreciate your efforts to get all work, but I have one question (maybe stupid question):

Actually now in the block chain, there exists more than 500 million c2. And
how you guys can assure that the hacker will not send their stolen c2 to Bittrex. If they did, the mount of c2 in Bittrex will be more than 500 million, am I right?
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: