We Re-imagined Bitcoin Technology For Education.
From Pew Internet.org
Hal Varian, chief economist for Google, wrote, “The biggest impact on the world will be universal
access to all human knowledge. The smartest person in the world currently could well be stuck
behind a plow in India or China. Enabling that person — and the millions like him or her — will
have a profound impact on the development of the human race. Cheap mobile devices will be
available worldwide, and educational tools like the Khan Academy will be available to everyone.
This will have a huge impact on literacy and numeracy and will lead to a more informed and more
educated world population.” ANNOUNCEMENT: Call for DevelopersBuild Team
• Coin development wizards
• Math/Crypto/security experts
• Skilled compilers for Win / Mac / UnixMobile
• iOS Dev squad
• Android Dev squadWeb
• Wallet developer
• Tipbot developer
• Cowdfunding site developer (Educoin.tips similar to Dogeraiser.com)Outreach
• Reddit moderator(s)
• Hackathons representative (currently Edumoto)
• Educator representative (currently Edumoto)
Development Fund for bounties
EDU: 6dEcuF3gBz4mebKVj96v4fau76AFHGYENnSIGN UP
AT GOOGLE DOCSLAUNCH DATE
March 11, 2014 10am ESTINFORMATIONEduCoin (EDU)
is a cryptocurrency, based on bitcoin’s pioneering technology, that helps us pay for education in ways we could never have imagined before. Education is rapidly evolving online, across devices and platforms, and even at the schools we attend. We need a digital currency that can help students, educators, and third parties make secure transactions without fees, rates, or long approval times. EduCoin aims to be the worldwide standard for student transactions in the learning economy. ORIGINAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Algorithm: Scrypt
• Total coins: 101,000,000,000
• Difficulty: Retargeting using Kimoto Gravity Well
• Block Time: 30 secondsBLOCK REWARDS
• Block 1-100,000: 1-1,000,000 EduCoin
• Block 100,001-200,000: 1-500,000 EduCoin
• Block 200,001-300,000: 1-250,000 EduCoin
• Block 300,001-400,000: 1-125,000 EduCoin
• Block 400,001-500,000: 1-62,500 EduCoin
• Block 500,001-600,000: 1-31,250 EduCoin
• Block 600,000+: 10,000 EduCoin continuous (1~2%/year)DOWNLOADS
• Wallet v1.0.1 (Windows
Changelog: v1.0.1 Open SSL Heartbleed vulnerability updateSOURCEhttps://github.com/educoinfoundation/educoin-foundation CONF
• RPC Port: 33445
• P2P Port: 33446POOLS - **Updated 12/15/2014**
• http://edu-pool.crypto-coin.info/ BLOCK EXPLORER - **Updated 12/15/2014**http://edu.crypto-coin.infoEXCHANGEShttps://comkort.com/market/trade/edu_btc
Help us get listed
Mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/votingFREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Who is the developer?
A: Satoshi Edumoto. Please call him edumoto.
Q: Why so anonymous?
A: Partly as an homage to Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of bitcoin. We see him as the creator of EduCoin. Secondly, we want to keep everyone's attention on EduCoin's development and adoption. Too many developers have cracked due to the pressures of public life. Just look at Flappy Bird (the game, not the coin).
Q: Who is the development team?
A: We are a team of three. Our growth plan is to identify and recruit members from higher learning institutions in order to bring more transparency, longevity, and growth to EduCoin. Researchers, edutech companies, computer science post-docs, university leaders, we know you're out there. Please get in touch. Let's build a consortium.
Q: Are you the same as Educoin seen in the startup here
A: No. EduCoin (EDU) is a fully de-centralized cryptocurrency based off of Bitcoin. EduCoin (EDU) can be traded on exchanges between world currencies and it can be used as a means of exchange. EduCoin merchants will also be able to exchange EduCoin through an increasing array of apps and services as it gains widespread adoption.
Q: Was this coin pre-mined?
A: No. It was not pre-mined. It was publicly announced and launched fairly.
Q: Is this just another clone altcoin?
A: Yes and no. Most new cryptocurrencies, with very few exceptions, are derivatives of the original bitcoin source aiming to compete or replace it. EduCoin was developed with education in mind. The technology was a fork of Litecoin/Dogecoin/Rabbit, incorporating the latest developments in cryptocurrency technology such as the Kimoto Gravity Well algorithm. As such, cryptocurrency is in its infancy and we are more concerned about where EduCoin can go rather than where we came from.
Q: Why not use Bitcoin for education?
A: Bitcoin and EduCoin can co-exist together. EduCoin can be further customized for use in specific educational settings and contexts, whereas Bitcoin maintains its role as a general use cryptocurrency.COMMUNITY
We hope EduCoin forms a distinct and vibrant community and we cordially invite you to join us as an early adopter, developer, researcher, or contributor. Go to our main forum at http://forum.educoin.cc/
. We especially welcome participation from any or all of the following groups:
• Universities & MOOCs
• School boards and district administrators
• Education Tech, Researchers & Academics
• Private Sector (academic testing, academies, and more)
• Mining pools
• Crypto Exchanges
• StudentsDEVELOPMENT ROADMAP
Life after launch will be filled with challenges! We know that, and our plan is take a collaborative, deliberate, and decisive approach to making cryptocurrency work for education. By no means complete, we have listed several areas of interest below:
• University Merchant Adoption
• University Tuition Payments
• MOOC Adoption
• Testing Services Fees (SAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, …)
• Android / iOS Apps for paymentCONTACT / MEDIA INQUIRIES
• EduCoin Foundation: email@example.com
• Satoshi Edumoto (Creator): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Official Website: http://educoin.cc