Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where do you expect to see EduCoin being used?
MOOCs and online
College/University
K-12
Crowdfunding / scholarships
Study abroad
Daily student expenses
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education  (Read 170100 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EduCoin (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:41:47 PM

Aumarx, great work on the public relations in China!
peace69

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:54:52 PM

We are doing a great job!!

Super High Priority Votes

Mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/voting   Grin

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:16:48 PM

We are doing a great job!!

Super High Priority Votes

Mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/voting   Grin

We're currently at #49 I see.. We need someone with deep pockets to get us in the top again ^^.

Unfortunately that's not me, allthough I really want this coin to be a success. It's great to see that the devs really believe in it, and many people of this community too.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:44:39 PM

Thanks Don, always a pleasure to see your support.  Reaching the Top 50 on Mintpal is a solid indication of progress, and we look forward to moving up to the top. We thank all of you who have voted and are actively voting!

EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:38:58 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 02:06:00 AM by EduCoin

Can a newborn baby named Satoshi start saving for college today?  Yes he can!

Man names his newborn son Satoshi. Our Satoshi Edumoto responds with an offer to start the baby's college savings fund!

Here is the post that started it. A new father in the Philippines named his newborn son Satoshi, BTC donations started immediately:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152028844286433&set=gm.530076303765146&type=1&theater

Moments ago (reposted from /r/educoin at Reddit):
Great! I just tweeted the dad @rex_ballester suggesting he send us an EDU wallet address!  Let's crowdfund some EDU and set up the baby's first college savings account!
The dad set up his wallet!
Here is the official address for the world's first newborn with his own digital education savings fund! Let's make our contributions big!
http://educhain.mycryptoco.in/address/6R19Kywgq2iRuqQwNxa1b8cFDSNQnqo5e6
edit 1. The dad responded on twitter!
edit 2. I updated the EDU receive address to his wallet. Send coins and be a part of history!

We just made history! The dad replied via twitter
By accepting the EDU for his newborn son, he has made history by setting up the first ever Digital Education Savings Fund. This is a new way for a child to crowdfund and save digital currency for future education costs!

So send baby Satoshi BTC for things he needs now (diapers), and EDU for things he needs later (education)!
Bitcoin Address: 19PsioBZ7fvvgfKAhTionwrZYXGLo18uvM
EduCoin Address: 6R19Kywgq2iRuqQwNxa1b8cFDSNQnqo5e6
aumarx

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:24:16 AM

posted on hexun!

http://tech.hexun.com/2014-05-15/164815603.html
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:02:07 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 04:38:15 AM by EduCoin

Hackathon Crowdfunding Continues

Why we are doing this: We are putting EDU into the hands of some of the most high achieving students we could find. They are hackers, entrepreneurs, and future startup leaders who attend hackathons while studying at the best schools in the nation. These students are very similar to the hackers of the past, full of energy and ideas, hardly different from a young Steve Jobs or a Mark Zuckerberg before they became CEOs.

With the help of these students, we can achieve broader EduCoin adoption, experimentation, and app development. With EDU actually being used by students, we can make some of the biggest changes in a century to schools all over the world.

If you are a large EDU holder who has not sent a single EDU to anyone, anywhere in the world, now is the time to act. Please check our giving guidelines for miners, and be generous from your first transaction. You will feel amazing when you start seeing the results!

Here are the upcoming hackathons which we have started to fund. There is no limit to what we can give:

May 17 (Sat). HackExeter at Phillips Exeter Academy [10 million+][donate now]  

May 18 (Sun). HSCTF High School Capture The Flag [10 million+][donate now]

May 19 (Mon). WonderWomenHacks in Long Beach, California [100 million goal exceeded][donate now]  

May 23 (Sat). HackUCI at the University of California Irvine [10 million+][donate now]

June 13 (Fri). SoHacks School's Out Hacks [11 million sent]  

To those of you who have already donated so much (like /u/uyvienn and /u/mshanthi, /u/Fonzerrellie), I thank you for your contribution! The incentive to give, to change education, to learn about what we can do for the world, to affect students lives...these are the things that make the EDU community great.

Sincerely,
Edumoto
Parmadi Cahx

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

I hold the coin, the feeling is very good, is hoping to have other applications
nice wallet! get it! will follow this coin
aumarx

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:06:46 PM

keep voting!

we are no.1!
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:29:35 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 02:54:20 PM by EduCoin

Developer Update: Market manipulation, Recruiting Devs, Looking to Fork to X11?

First the bad news. EduCoin has suffered a large drop in market cap in the last 48 hours due to market manipulation on Coin-Swap's exchange. We were aware almost immediately that someone took a handful of DOGE (just 2600) and crashed the price. This is seriously not appreciated, and it is just bad publicity for every coin community if haters are trying to kill a coin that's currently owned by children (Really? You want to pump and dump EduCoin?) Our position is that EDU should only be trading in the BTC/EDU pair, and the current floor price of 1-satoshi at CryptoAltex is a fair starting price.

We are refreshing our development team, as some are going on to other crypto projects of their own. We are therefore recruiting new members for our core developers team. We welcome many of the hackers who have recently heard of us through recent hackathons!

We have also revisited the X11 algorithm (see here http://suchpool.pw/docs/gettingstartedX11.pdf) and we have decided to request two things from our community:

1) Let's discuss X11, the pros/cons.  Let's not fight about it, but let's hear each other out and come up with a consensus on whether to add that instead of our previously planned move to Digishield (which is ready but the code is showing its age). Edumoto was hard against the idea a month ago, but his opinion has become more flexible.

2) We want experienced X11 people on board if we are going to do this fork, so please make yourself known.

Lastly, great news. We have started our media plan. We have begun contacting 100s of journalists and reporters who report on bitcoin everyday. Expect some stories to start appearing next week.  We also connected with Lamassu, the Bitcoin ATM manufacturer and we will make a follow up announcement about the results of any discussions we have.  And on the horizon, probably not until after the next upgrade, CoinMKT may be looking to list EDU. That is a serious and professional US-based exchange we'd love to be on.

And you know we're in the Top 40s at Mintpal voting, right?  Great things ahead!

--EduCoin Dev Team  
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:59:03 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 02:50:34 PM by EduCoin

Making History Again! First elementary class in the world gets EduCoin to learn crypto.

We have all the grades covered now! Yesterday we crowdfunded a newborn baby's first digital college savings address with EDU. Now an elementary school teacher has received EDU to teach his young learners about cryptocurrency. Add that to the growing list of middle, high school, and college students we are currently crowdfunding. And let's not forget the adult driving students in Australia. This is amazing progress for the EDU community in such a short time!

Just moments ago, @satoshiedumoto exchanged details with a technology teacher @_JasonWilmot who teaches at a yet to be named elementary school in the US (Let's keep this info private until he decides to release that info). He has been verified through his blog at http://jasonwilmot.com/ where he writes some really amazing posts about the latest education practices and the role of education technology.

Let's continue our generosity for this brilliant and future-thinking teacher.  
http://educhain.mycryptoco.in/address/6QKapcktg3hcWXjVyxaapHYi6xaQ1EG18o

This is definitely newsworthy, so go contribute and help make this story big!

Don007
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:46:13 PM

Great news, keep up the good promotion work!

About the x11 algoritm.. I think it has future.  However, we experienced a huge growth in Scrypt coins when they became popular. I think the same will happen to x11.  Now the Scrypt ASICs are slowly taking over the market, we (EduCoin) might get more hashrate too..   These ASICs aren't on the x11 market right? I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but I know many x11 coins will be developed the following weeks.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:56:50 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 06:19:08 AM by EduCoin

Great news, keep up the good promotion work!

About the x11 algoritm.. I think it has future.  However, we experienced a huge growth in Scrypt coins when they became popular. I think the same will happen to x11.  Now the Scrypt ASICs are slowly taking over the market, we (EduCoin) might get more hashrate too..   These ASICs aren't on the x11 market right? I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but I know many x11 coins will be developed the following weeks.

Don thanks for the feedback!  Yeah, the reason we stopped with Digishield at the moment was the thought that we were chasing down an outdated upgrade. What do you think about our block rewards, we have so many coins out there. One point of view is that our initial mining would be complete long before Scrypt ASICs take control, and another is that we should slow down dramatically when switching to an algo like X11.

EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:59:04 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 02:49:37 PM by EduCoin

+1 thanks edumoto

Got your message! First of all I wish you the best on your wedding!  Unfortunately we can't honestly ask the community to crowdfund your wedding simply because it's not education related. Go right ahead and share it on social media. Who knows what will happen?  (Protip: Accept Bitcoin, it's way more liquid).

Tebrikler!
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:05:08 PM

Average student can't buy expensive Scrypt ASIC miner to mine Educoin. But he is able to mine on his PC -> more coins on X11

Don007
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:17:31 PM

Average student can't buy expensive Scrypt ASIC miner to mine Educoin. But he is able to mine on his PC -> more coins on X11

It's not that straight forward in my opinion.. Here (in the Netherlands) some students have a few jobs besides their study and so they might have the cash to buy some Scrypt ASICs. For example the 300 KH/s Gridseed miners.. But yes, I have to agree, most students don't have money for such devices. (They will spend most on beer probably).

gambel

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:36:41 PM

I don't understand why you keep removing the markets with DOGE or LTC. If you are interested in people using the currency you wouldn't care the lower price at the start. It will eventually rise up. The momentum in Coin-Swap was bringing interest into the coin not the other way around.

Today there is no possibility of trading EduCoin. There is no exchange at all, only one transaction every day, done by someone to keep the price showing in coinmarketcap.com. That is not good for a coin, which should be used and traded every day.

I have mined around 10,000,000,000 EduCoins in multi-pool (gambelino and gambel) and in the last couple of days managed to provide around 50% of all hash power in the network. Somehow there isn't much more help out there in supporting the coin.  I'm interested in the coin in the long term and don't want to sell them at all. But if we don't have other miners and people using it, there will be no value in it at all.

Maybe your guys are happy with 50 Mh/s, but I think it's very weak and easy to be attacked.

Some miners will mine them to keep them and some miners will sell them immediately. We need both of them to have a good coin eco-system. Currently based on the Scrypt mining prices that are offered in the market (0.0050 BTC/Mh/day) you can mine a EduCoin for around 0.03 Satoshis (BTC), that is the real price. Everything else is an over-valuation.

The developer has been doing a very good job promoting and developing the coin, i'm very happy about that; but I don't agree his way of closing down any attempt to provide liquidity and exposure of the coin in exchanges.

Somehow is more interested in inflating the prices and fixing it a 0.00000001 BTC then letting the market and students on decide the real values of it. I thought that the goal of cryptocurrency is to create an independence from a central institution or person, in this case the developer is like a government fixing the price of the currency.  

I think this is very unhealthy for the coin and needs to be addressed if there is a chance of EduCoin to succeed. Today we have already a lot of currencies that are manipulated or artificially inflated, we don't need EduCoin to be one of them.

Thanks from a frustrated EduCoin supporter.

Best Regards,

Gambel.
Newwsr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

Currency exchange has not: (
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:17:12 AM

EDUcoin has been added to https://sharexcoin.com/votings

This is a new exchange for Sharecoin that has been growing fast with responsive developers.
I have been trading several coins there since it opened with out issue and so far i like it.

Iam not normally a supporter of smaller exchanges for altcoins that dont already have large trade volume since they often become dump sites, but the layout is clean and the trading volume is building.

Give it look, decide for yourself. Vote if you like it.
Iam still voting on Mintpal as well.

And I want to say Awesome work on the crowed funding for upcoming hackathons!

Regarding the thought of bailing scrypt mining for X-11 algo.. go for it! If the price goes up at all mulitipools will hammer it using scrypt.
Best to make a change now before EDU get dispersed any wider.
Keep in mind all those that received coins to date will have to update wallets, so there will be some effort in contacting previous hackathon recipients And for the upcoming ones, A heads up should be given about potential wallet updates required.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Adatrader

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:31:20 AM

EDUcoin has been added to https://sharexcoin.com/votings

This is a new exchange for Sharecoin that has been growing fast with responsive developers.
I have been trading several coins there since it opened with out issue and so far i like it.

Iam not normally a supporter of smaller exchanges for altcoins that dont already have large trade volume since they often become dump sites, but the layout is clean and the trading volume is building.

Give it look, decide for yourself. Vote if you like it.
Iam still voting on Mintpal as well.

And I want to say Awesome work on the crowed funding for upcoming hackathons!

Regarding the thought of bailing scrypt mining for X-11 algo.. go for it! If the price goes up at all mulitipools will hammer it using scrypt.
Best to make a change now before EDU get dispersed any wider.
Keep in mind all those that received coins to date will have to update wallets, so there will be some effort in contacting previous hackathon recipients And for the upcoming ones, A heads up should be given about potential wallet updates required.

I agree that shareXcoin is definitely a good place to increase educoin's liquidity. They incorporated a very clean and professional layout which should progressively build a larger user base. Regarding the algorithm, x11 already has large and quite active multipools (200 ghash across trademybit, coinmine.pl, etc) but groestl would be a good option as there are currently no multipools for it. In addition, I personally think it is a better alternative to scrypt as it runs more efficiently, was a sha-3, and gpu's love the lower temps during the summer temp.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: