Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where do you expect to see EduCoin being used?
MOOCs and online
College/University
K-12
Crowdfunding / scholarships
Study abroad
Daily student expenses
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education  (Read 170095 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gambel

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:55:53 PM

http://edu.multi-pool.eu/ is working.

Cheers!

Gambel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EduCoin (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:29:02 PM

Pool is down and block explorer is down.

I need huge commitment from the community and from the lead developer as well before i go and ask for help.

Edumoto and DEV team: we all know you guys are working hard but its not happening. I need your consent as well in order to go out and seek help.

Mshanthi, we've known each other from the very beginning of EDU.  I am pleased to see your active participation in this community now.  I know your background and have encouraged you to do whatever you felt was necessary. As far as communicating updates and vision, I think the simple roadmap is clear. Although we passed our stated deadline, that's nothing new in any organization or technology. Delays happen. I do not lose sleep over these details, because in the bigger picture, things will happen as they are meant to happen.

Along with a a growing number of people in this forum, I believe that EduCoin will make an impact on education everywhere. It will take time. While I have been doing my day job, I have also spent considerable time going through my network to recruit talent. This is a painstaking process, and I can tell you it's a lonely road to walk when our community of supporters ask "When" rather than "How"?

Please continue the discussion, and those of you large stakeholders checking in to see how much or how little your pile has grown--the news is all about you.  Why haven't you given some to students yet?  EduCoin is and can be so much more than a short term profit vehicle.

--Edumoto
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:30:35 PM

Dear Community,

Can we post a bounty on reddit for someone to help our DEV team with the conversion from Scrypt to X11?
If you all agree what would be your contribution.

Thanks.

i will commit 50M EDU to the conversion. I'd like to see others step up big time as well. Of course we are talking public wallet address and transparency but as stated count me in for 50M.

I challenge all holders of EDU to commit 10% of their total EDU. We either make a big investment or we get stuck holding a bag of shit.

IMHO and I've stated this before, EDU is a coin concept that aims to improve the world through education.

No other coin can even begin to claim any purpose outside of b.s. claims of anon(true anonymity does not exist), long term economic speculation or short term scams.

EDU brings more to the table than most alts out there but an algo switch, although not required, is a big deal and it needs to happen asap.

How about someone open a google docs spreadsheet to track EDU commitments?

Just noticed pool is down Sad Whats the deal?

CryptoJohn, your generosity is awesome. Your enthusiasm truly inspiring!

gambel

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:33:29 PM

@Edumoto: I offered my help, even filled up the Google Form with the details in which area I could contribute, but i never got any feedback.

Gambel
andreasy

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:51:57 PM

Foreign exchange studies
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:23:15 AM

@Edumoto: I offered my help, even filled up the Google Form with the details in which area I could contribute, but i never got any feedback.

Gambel

@Gambel,  I see you as an active member of the developer's community. Like my comments to mshanthi, your participation is always appreciated and welcomed. If I missed giving you feedback it is more a result of my own real world schedule than any other reason. My apologies if you felt in any way offended. Please continue your vision for EduCoin going.

-Edumoto
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:33:20 PM

I'd also like to add that although I encourage distributing the coin into the community I dont think the 1.8 billion EDU for sale on Comkort @ 1 satoshi followed by the 300 million @ 2 sats is the way to do it.

Cmon people, use your heads. 2B of any coin offered @ less than 2 sats is a recipe for disaster or even worse a fast track to a LTC market. If you care so little for the coin that you will let it go @ 1 sat how about just offering it up for a bounty to find a developer to switch the algo.

Lets break down the math and assume you could get people to drop in to Comkort(does anyone trade here?) and buy 100,000 EDU @ 1 sat. You need 18,000 individuals to buy 100k each to clear just the EDU for sale @ 1 sat. Comkort probably hasn't had 18k transactions since its inception.

The other side of the math equation says that if EDU only reached a value of 1 penny(I'm expecting at least $1) then 1.8B EDU will = $18,000,000  Shocked

Understand that like every commodity out there, psychology plays a big part in a buyers decision. If it looks like you dont want your EDU, why would someone else?
Have some respect not only for the coin but also for yourselves. Pull orders below at least 5 sats, jeesh.

Famous quote from every buy high sell low noob that has come and gone in alts "I can't make any money in crypto because I have to sell all my coins for less than it cost me to buy / mine them....the world is so unfair. I'm going back to flipping hamburgers"

the next move is yours...
mshanthi

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

I'd also like to add that although I encourage distributing the coin into the community I dont think the 1.8 billion EDU for sale on Comkort @ 1 satoshi followed by the 300 million @ 2 sats is the way to do it.

Cmon people, use your heads. 2B of any coin offered @ less than 2 sats is a recipe for disaster or even worse a fast track to a LTC market. If you care so little for the coin that you will let it go @ 1 sat how about just offering it up for a bounty to find a developer to switch the algo.

Lets break down the math and assume you could get people to drop in to Comkort(does anyone trade here?) and buy 100,000 EDU @ 1 sat. You need 18,000 individuals to buy 100k each to clear just the EDU for sale @ 1 sat. Comkort probably hasn't had 18k transactions since its inception.

The other side of the math equation says that if EDU only reached a value of 1 penny(I'm expecting at least $1) then 1.8B EDU will = $18,000,000  Shocked

Understand that like every commodity out there, psychology plays a big part in a buyers decision. If it looks like you dont want your EDU, why would someone else?
Have some respect not only for the coin but also for yourselves. Pull orders below at least 5 sats, jeesh.

Famous quote from every buy high sell low noob that has come and gone in alts "I can't make any money in crypto because I have to sell all my coins for less than it cost me to buy / mine them....the world is so unfair. I'm going back to flipping hamburgers"

the next move is yours...

CryptoJohn; well said!
I have been crying about that from day 1 and we don't know who that is but he or she is not giving up. Very sad for Edu Coin.

Thanks.
mshanthi

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

Pool is down and block explorer is down.

I need huge commitment from the community and from the lead developer as well before i go and ask for help.

Edumoto and DEV team: we all know you guys are working hard but its not happening. I need your consent as well in order to go out and seek help.

Mshanthi, we've known each other from the very beginning of EDU.  I am pleased to see your active participation in this community now.  I know your background and have encouraged you to do whatever you felt was necessary. As far as communicating updates and vision, I think the simple roadmap is clear. Although we passed our stated deadline, that's nothing new in any organization or technology. Delays happen. I do not lose sleep over these details, because in the bigger picture, things will happen as they are meant to happen.

Along with a a growing number of people in this forum, I believe that EduCoin will make an impact on education everywhere. It will take time. While I have been doing my day job, I have also spent considerable time going through my network to recruit talent. This is a painstaking process, and I can tell you it's a lonely road to walk when our community of supporters ask "When" rather than "How"?

Please continue the discussion, and those of you large stakeholders checking in to see how much or how little your pile has grown--the news is all about you.  Why haven't you given some to students yet?  EduCoin is and can be so much more than a short term profit vehicle.

--Edumoto

Hi Edumoto,

I am trying to help you and we want you to lead the development. When ever you say "you to do whatever you felt was necessary"..it doesn't work that way. We need to act collectively.
You need a developer and if you think a huge bounty offer is going to help...let us know we will make it happen.

You have to share your concerns we might be able to help or someone will jump it.
I hope you understand where i am coming from.

Thanks.

brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:17:29 AM

Well, I think Edu 2.0 is a good project.

But I don't like the swap coin rate. Edu is reducing the monetary mass only 10 times, but you are punishing the previous owners with a 20 times less value...

Of course, you are basing that decission on the 5,000 billion coins reserved, but for old owners is like if they were mining a 200 billion coin since the begining... xD

Then, for earlier adopters is not exactly the best deal...

https://twitter.com/satoshiedumoto/status/482530536468918272

"Does this affect previously-mined EDU?"

"the ratios will remain the same."

Confusing  Huh

bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:59:30 AM

Let's hire a developer. Myself and a few others have donated 50 mill + each. How much more do we need? Where is best place to post ad?

Edmumoto help gather your community to help us organize something progressive.

Algo switch and reverse split needs to happen. People need to reach out to teachers. I will donate to any teacher that posts on this forum that's willing to use Educoins in there classrooms as will many other supporters in our crypto education community. Get to work guys. Let's make a priority list and tackle it.

To education, The professor
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:35:06 AM

Let's hire a developer. Myself and a few others have donated 50 mill + each. How much more do we need? Where is best place to post ad?

Edmumoto help gather your community to help us organize something progressive.

Algo switch and reverse split needs to happen. People need to reach out to teachers. I will donate to any teacher that posts on this forum that's willing to use Educoins in there classrooms as will many other supporters in our crypto education community. Get to work guys. Let's make a priority list and tackle it.

To education, The professor

I reached out to the Karma folks about getting dev help because they just made the algo jump successfully. No bueno. They wished us luck but said they are short handed and busy Sad
mshanthi

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:00:45 PM

The block explorer is not working.
How many coins are mined so for and how much is left to mine. Any idea where to look?
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:24:10 AM

How are we going with the development roadmap?

I'm happy to bring in some support if necessary

Candy L93

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:40:06 AM

The dev did whatever  they can do,you can give any suggestions you like Cheesy enjoy yourself!
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:30:36 AM

The dev did whatever  they can do,you can give any suggestions you like Cheesy enjoy yourself!

We need a functional blockexplorer

And we need to get back on CMC

COMKORT

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 12:51:38 PM

We stucked on 455970 block. Please, advise.

bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

It's quiet in here, please do.
mshanthi

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:10:20 AM

what's going on we are in end of Aug. DEV team please update.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:17:45 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:23:09 AM by CryptoJohn

dev needs to search on sites such as below and get this coin algo switched asap.

www.freelancer.com
www.elance.com
www.odesk.com
https://coinality.com/

Before algo choice is made, research the right move. Rumors of fpga mining X11 should be deterrent enough not to go in that direction.

Bargain with developer. Between everyone we should be able to pay at least 250M edu to get the job done. I pledge 50M so we are 1/5 of the way to 250M already.
Sell the potential! Jeesh, the developer could retire his entire family with 250M edu if the coin takes off. Even if it hits 1 penny this dev would be good.

Mass marketing and awareness is the next step after algo switch.

Edu Dev:

The time is now! A mass extinction of alts is coming soon and at this pace edu will disappear with all the losers and scam coins. This is not fud, this is fact!

Educoin is a genius idea! The name alone is worth millions but innovation and mass adoption must take place before the hammer drops.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: