Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

UPS just dropped off 2 big heavy boxes from BitMine AG.  They're a bit wet on the outside.  I hope they're dry inside.  Now I have to be patient until my workday ends to get them home and start mining.

I had order #172x, a conversion from an Avalon order, placed and paid in BTC on 16-September-2013.

I got them unboxed and found one 5-module CCD, and one 3-module CCD sent as the CPP bonus, as expected.  Each included a Euro-Shucko style power cable despite delivery being to the US.

I plugged them into my 240V power strip and they powered right on, grabbed IPs from my DHCP server (which were displayed on the front panel LCDs), and started mining.

Unfortunately the 5-module CCD was only detecting 2 of its 5 modules.  After "popping the hood" the cause was immediately obvious: One end of the backplane had come loose from the modules and its pins weren't making contact:

https://i.imgur.com/lOTvNI1.jpg

After reseating the backplane all is well.  I would suggest some screws to secure the backplane to the modules in the next revision.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:02:36 AM

Bitmine obviously know more than me, but to date they have been issuing queue numbers per machine.  I suspect the queue number you have is for your first Rig, and the other three Rigs will be the next 3 numbers.  Check out RetroGamer's queue numbers (all from the one order) for example on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364155.0

Anyway, one queue number is enough to gauge where you are at.  If you don't mind me adding your details to the "Bitmine list of orders - December 2013 delivery (batch 1)" thread... would you mind disclosing your payment date?  I'm a little confused at your low queue number at the moment, based on queue number 260 I'd put you in Batch 1.

its not really low number. bit mine splitter later rigs queue and desk queue. i had in the beginning queue #36x in general shipping queue and later it was changed to #6x in rigs shipping queue. so i am pretty sure that this #260 is only pure rigs queue and does not include any desks, otherwise it would not be scheduled to end of february.

Enjoy your life!
psycho-pass

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

Bitmine obviously know more than me, but to date they have been issuing queue numbers per machine.  I suspect the queue number you have is for your first Rig, and the other three Rigs will be the next 3 numbers.  Check out RetroGamer's queue numbers (all from the one order) for example on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364155.0

Anyway, one queue number is enough to gauge where you are at.  If you don't mind me adding your details to the "Bitmine list of orders - December 2013 delivery (batch 1)" thread... would you mind disclosing your payment date?  I'm a little confused at your low queue number at the moment, based on queue number 260 I'd put you in Batch 1.

its not really low number. bit mine splitter later rigs queue and desk queue. i had in the beginning queue #36x in general shipping queue and later it was changed to #6x in rigs shipping queue. so i am pretty sure that this #260 is only pure rigs queue and does not include any desks, otherwise it would not be scheduled to end of february.

the order number both include desks and rigs  same with queue numbers
Tegija

Activity: 112

Just Fun!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:12:42 AM

Bitmine obviously know more than me, but to date they have been issuing queue numbers per machine.  I suspect the queue number you have is for your first Rig, and the other three Rigs will be the next 3 numbers.  Check out RetroGamer's queue numbers (all from the one order) for example on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364155.0

Anyway, one queue number is enough to gauge where you are at.  If you don't mind me adding your details to the "Bitmine list of orders - December 2013 delivery (batch 1)" thread... would you mind disclosing your payment date?  I'm a little confused at your low queue number at the moment, based on queue number 260 I'd put you in Batch 1.

the order number both include desks and rigs  same with queue numbers

first it really was so, later they splitter it to desk and rig queue. until mid january they had only one queue now there are 2 different ones. it is impossible that he has queue #260 in general queue for end of february since i have early january with #36x.

Enjoy your life!
peakpeng

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:51:11 AM

I read out of giorgio massa's statement, He said that means you'll be able to ask the refund starting from February 27th,An appropriate page on our web site under support will be opened tomorrow for anybody willing to ask for a refund and yes, we will be honoring them within 30 days.

Has anybody seen the page on their websit?
acidu

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:44:55 AM

can someone clear me some things?
i have payed 12.3 btc...will i get  A:-12.3 btc or B:-12.3*674=8290$?
thx

using search on bitmine.ch
SEARCH RESULTS: “REFUND”

No products were found matching your selection.
QuestionTime

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:50:20 AM

i have payed 12.3 btc...will i get  A:-12.3 btc or B:-12.3*674=8290$?
thx

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.msg5362648#msg5362648

My understanding is that you will get the USD or Euro equivalent in BTC.
acidu

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:52:22 AM

i have payed 12.3 btc...will i get  A:-12.3 btc or B:-12.3*674=8290$?
thx

My understanding is that you will get the USD or Euro equivalent in BTC.

then is ok for me, i have bought btc when they were 125$
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:41:15 AM

or the price of a Desk or Rig in $ converted to B$ on daily exchange rate. You deside  Tongue

Yes but when do they pay out? It can take 30 days for them to get off their ass and pay you back, in the mean time
the USD to BTC price can vary so much it's difficult to even estimate how much refund you'll get
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:56:38 AM

Unfortunately the 5-module CCD was only detecting 2 of its 5 modules.  After "popping the hood" the cause was immediately obvious: One end of the backplane had come loose from the modules and its pins weren't making contact:

https://i.imgur.com/lOTvNI1.jpg

After reseating the backplane all is well.  I would suggest some screws to secure the backplane to the modules in the next revision.

Nylon-ties are more friendly, or push-in nylon nipples... Cheaper too... Not to mention, a little easier on the back-plane tension from heat expansion. (Not the ugly zip-ties. Actual short dumbbell-locking ties that look like a nose-ring. They fit into slots that could be notched out of the heat-sink, for attaching. Same with the nipples, a hole on either side of the back-plane and the nipples gently hold it against the socket. Does not require drilling more holes in the back-plane or a board redesign.)

How handy are you with a drill? Tongue

Pics, and stats! We are peeing ourselves... and drooling already!
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:12:53 AM

or the price of a Desk or Rig in $ converted to B$ on daily exchange rate. You deside  Tongue

Yes but when do they pay out? It can take 30 days for them to get off their ass and pay you back, in the mean time
the USD to BTC price can vary so much it's difficult to even estimate how much refund you'll get

Units are priced in USD, you'll either get USD, EUR or an amount of BTC which, at the exchange value of the day they refund you, is equivalent to the unit's price in USD.

spiccioli
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

Update:
I ordered a 600GH Desk in October to be shipped to California USA, ship queue #188. Bitmine informed me Monday morning (Mar 3) that my order would ship soon, with 400GH extra hash power, so I assume I'll get a 1TH Desk. They provided the FedEx tracking number a couple hours later. FedEx contacted me Tuesday morning, asking me to fill out an importer form (tax id, etc) and tell them what materials the "desk" is made of and its country of origin. I replied Tuesday evening with the filled out form and told them it's a computer, not a desk, and that I don't know the country of origin, just that it ships from Switzerland. Delivery was originally expected Wed morning, but we'll see if that gets delayed because I didn't return the form right away. I'll let you guys know if I have to pay any taxes, and how well a 1TH Desk runs in the warm weather here.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:38:02 AM

Has anyone tested how much power this thing sucks from the wall in power saving mode?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:59:49 AM

Units are priced in USD, you'll either get USD, EUR or an amount of BTC which, at the exchange value of the day they refund you, is equivalent to the unit's price in USD.

Yes but that is the point "the day they refund you", if you ask back a refund in BTC, you have no idea how much you will be getting due to the delay in payout.

Let's say I've ordered a 2 TH rig, with 50% CPP that is 3 TH. If I get it delivered soon, with the current difficulty and 20% increases it can only generate about 35 BTC (with free electricity)

If I ask for a refund, I get USD 15k back, which is today BTC 23. But who knows in the 30 day period they have to pay back, what the price will evolve to. You could get BTC 40 or BTC 15, depending if the price goes down or up.
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

hey...

one small question -> what kind of size are the fans ? -> 200mm x 25mm ?
for the desk

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:53:10 PM

Whats your point?

if you get 40 or 10 BTC it will be always the same value in $ !!! the day you receive the money.

I dont get u, sorry

The point is: how can you decide to opt for a refund or accept the hardware and mine with it
LawyerMD

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:29:07 PM

Has anyone received any equipment from Bitmine? If so, how were you advised of your shipping date and tracking number? Also, how long after being advised did you receive your equipment? What country was the shipping done to?

Looking forward to being an active member of this thread and other threads!

if you are "looking forward to being active member of this thread" then you should look backward and you would have answers for most of your questions. here is lots of informations about already shipped miners and links to other threads where you can get additional informations about how and to where they were shipped.

about your order: you are at this time not even in CPP, so i think if that really is what they said to you, then multiplicate everything with 3 and hope that then they can really ship it in 15 days.

your queue #260 ist the number of rigs which will be shipped out before your rig, so be sure that if they start production in 15 days and are producing 10-30 miners per day (even if they are saying they will produce 50 per day)you will get your rig earliest in 25 days, but it can take easily 45 days or more. Bitmine said already weeks ago that production of rigs will start "end of this week"(TM). i am sure they will not be able to start with rig production so fast. be happy, you will get full CPP until you will get your miner.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

From what they told me the Queue number is not how many machines are ahead of you, but how many orders (including orders with multiple machines)

As for the CPP. My shipping date would have been Feb 28th, add the 15 days until production go live from today and add another 10 days until they reach my order, I would fall on March 29th which would put me at 31 days.

And I have been reading through the forum to catch up, lots of noise, not to much substance/details except for a few individuals. Hence why I asked those questions  Smiley
You should have a queue number per machine ordered. If you've got 4 Rigs you should have 4 queue numbers in sequential order. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364155.0

I have 4 Rigs in 1 order.... and they have only given me 1 queue number. Are you 100% positive its how it works, because I've been on the phone with them 3 times in the past 10days and they never mentioned having 4 different queue numbers? Unless the queue number they gave me is the 1st of the 4?
Bitmine obviously know more than me, but to date they have been issuing queue numbers per machine.  I suspect the queue number you have is for your first Rig, and the other three Rigs will be the next 3 numbers.  Check out RetroGamer's queue numbers (all from the one order) for example on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364155.0

Anyway, one queue number is enough to gauge where you are at.  If you don't mind me adding your details to the "Bitmine list of orders - December 2013 delivery (batch 1)" thread... would you mind disclosing your payment date?  I'm a little confused at your low queue number at the moment, based on queue number 260 I'd put you in Batch 1.

After reading a bit more and going through the info, it seems theirs 2 queues.... one for rigs, and one for desks. But here is my info, hope it helps sort this out.

Queue Position : 260
Order number : 426x
Date of payment  Dec 12th, 2013
Method of Payment : Wire Transfer
Item: CoinCraft Rig
Speed: 2TH/s
Quantity: 4
Batch: February Last Week
Destination: Canada
Poloherb

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

CryptoPhysical.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

Don't pay any VAT.
I've been told the following: the price you find on our site is with VAT already (for the residents of Switzerland)

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=1001

2.5 The price of the goods shown on the Website is exclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the relevant rate chargeable in Switzerland at the date of your order.

2.6 Where the goods are supplied for export from Switzerland, you will be responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations governing the importation of the goods into the country of destination and for the payment of any import duties or taxes which are levied on them.

Bitminer not give prices with tax (brutto), because each state (country) has different Procet
For Switzerland 8%
For the EU probably 21%
USA probably depends upon the state
On de package is a bill with a price. Tax will be calculated in your original country
You have to pay before bring a packet courier. customs will contact with you before.

akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:23:38 PM

Between now and when these we're supposed to ship, 20 PH has been dropped unto the network..

I can't help but wonder where from..

Think about, how in the world did the network hashrate increase so much..

There are only a few major ASIC manufacturers, and unless all of them are mining with consumer hardware, I don't see how such an increase was possible.

Bitmine's got about 4 PH in orders most of which are not shipped yet so it doesn't really count,

Cointerra's dropped about another 3PH (max) in orders since January.

KNC's dropped about another 5PH (max), with another 3.5PH in neptune orders coming in Q2 2014

BlackArrow's shipping the majority of their products in late April..

Fast Hash another 2 PH..

and BFL's dropped a maximum of 2PH.

That totals to 16 PH.. so where the hell did the other 4PH come from...

Again this is assuming that everyone in the business is using customer hardware...

Even at that the network hashrate should be ~4PH lower than it currently is.

So what explains this? Chinese miners?
Finnminer

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

Bitmain's sold around 1.5 PH worth of Ants in the last couple of months:
https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: