Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 104006 times)
Blackblanco

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:07:19 AM

Great, the exchange you listed on CRYPTOEX seems to be a total scam.  It looks like I am going to lose 2 LTC that I deposited there to try to purchase your coins.  Fantastic... 
Anything you can do please?

Hey man. Thanks for the heads up, I added a warning in the announcement.
I see they are having some problems with withdrawals, there's not much I can do but I'll try to talk to them, I recommend waiting a bit though, the administrator should eventually say something.

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
TEX_Coin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:36:26 AM

PiggyCoin Dev Team: I am a loyal VTC supporter and investor for the long term, but since mining difficulty has gone up, I have been searching for additional coins that I feel have a fighting chance for long term success as well. I have been mining Piggy for about 2 days so far and finally got around to checking out your official website. Very nice job! I have been crypto mining/investing for about 3 months so far, and continually researching the market- and the Piggy site is off to a really great start. I have researched several other coin websites, and I have to say the Piggy site makes a great first impression. Nice graphics, best "how-to guides" I have seen with any coin, really looks promising! I know the tough part is actually marketing to kids, since it is already difficult to market the crypto concept to the public in general, especially since most people are not even aware of bitcoins. (& some of those have only heard the recent negative exchange troubles in news headlines) I think it will be great moving forward if we can somehow partner with some kids websites- especially that involve games, so that perhaps kids can "win" piggiecoins based on their performance. In addition to having typical action or sports games, it would be cool if some of the games were educational things like fun puzzles, trivia questions, math problems, etc. If we could somehow promote the "educational" aspect and use piggies as incentive rewards on a fun site, this crypto could really take off. If no existing sites are out there for us to partner with, perhaps we should consider launching something from scratch.  I think once we had a game site in place, rather than marketing to the general public, I think the first place to target would be to all the existing miners/investors that are currently involved in other crypto coins. Many of these people have kids, and would absolutely love to get their families involved. It would not matter that it would be with a different coin that they are currently involved in- if we had something fun and kid friendly, I think most miners/investors would get involved with Piggy in order to get their kids interested in their current crypto hobby/interest/obsession. We would not be selling them on mining or investing... only in the idea of getting their kids involved in crypto through PiggieCoin. It would require something more than a fun logo and faucet graphics. (although those are great by the way!) I am a video producer (with only limited web skills) but would be more than happy to be involved in helping to coordinate something like this, providing concept, research, planning, etc. If there are no other piggy supporters out there with actual web experience that could make this a reality, I would suggest hiring an outside web creator either through your pre-mine Piggy funds, or even asking for donations to fund the project from the Piggy community. If you formalized a plan, maybe we could put a team together with a clear project goal and bounty rewards for everyone involved? VTC has a specific website with marketing projects listed (like kickstarter) so that the community can fund what they choose. http://vertcoinmarket.com/   I am convinced that community involvement is one of the reasons VTC continues to be a success, remains stable, and has growing credibility within the alt market.

I know this coin is very new and everything takes time to develop... however, I think you have started something with incredible potential and it would be wise continue the momentum. New coins are launching every week, and as of now PiggyCoin seems to be the only alt coin targeting kids/fun- at least that I am aware of. (although another competitor could certainly spring up quickly) There are not many pages in this thread, and what is here so far is pretty much what you see in the majority of any coin: issues with pools, getting on exchanges, and price (or lack of quick gains) All of which is unbelievable to me because your concept here is so much more substantial than 75% of any other new coins that are hitting the market simply as clones, scams, etc. And very little is mentioned about PR, community involvement, ideas for growing the coin, etc. So many crypto people are only interested in something new that will squeeze out as many dollars in a week or two and then moving on. (I try to do the same thing as well- my 2 rigs cost real dollars that I have to justify to my wife!) However, along the way I try to see a bigger picture and get behind ideas (like VTC) that I believe in for the long haul, and not just for a few days.  I think Piggy can do that as well! You may already be moving towards some of these goals- but I at least wanted to throw out a few ideas.  OK, I will stop preaching to the choir...  I'm all oinked out! Grin
onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

I am a qualified graphic / web designer capable of producing websites and videos and would be interested in making the websites needed in the "Homework section". If you know what information / content you would like in each page etc i could do the websites in a matter of days!!

My brother is also a qualified graphic designer who is very capable of producing great 3D characters, this 3d character could be used as a narrator / face of piggycoin.

PM me the bounty reward for the websites and the videos separately. Thanks piggy Smiley
cryptoaddict09

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:05:45 AM

This needs to be listed on cryptorush.in or mintpal, not those crappy exchanges that are reducing coin credibility... Alredy vote for piggy, all should do the same.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:56:29 AM

Hi,

I'm also moving my rigs to piggy (I've read your post at VTC forum TEX_Coin Wink )
Also, I too believe this coin as something new and could really be more explored and evolved. TEX_Coin and other's ideas are excellent ones. I'll keep minig to see where this will go.

Congrats.

mega

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
Phantas

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:24:19 PM

Please vote

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:43:13 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

pig.charityminingpools.com

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

Hey guys!

I really love to see all this community evolvement, it's what will make us stand out in the long term.
I have some ideas on this project's future, I will make you a timeline of how I think things should advance (things aren't defined yet and ALL suggestions will be considered and discussed.

First of all we need separated websites, one for the kids (more fun) and one for the parents (more technical), it would be nice if we also created videos explaining piggycoin (one for the kids and one for the parents). then we have to partner up with websites kids use so piggy can be treated as a reward and so we get known by the people we are targeting. In the meantime a piggy store will be created do kids can spend their coins, this piggy store will have merchandise and it will be a place where people can sell for piggy.

This are the things I had in mind atm. While all of this happens I'm sure we will be added to mite exchanges and coin market cap, like some people were asking.

EDIT: I really like VTC's idea btw.

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
fearisfearless

Activity: 250
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:19:58 PM

Quote from: Amph
exchange plz

yeah! an exchange would be awesome. I would love to be listed on coinmarket.io, I just sent them a tweet!
That's something the community can help with though! Write tweets, write on irc's, talk to exchange owners!

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Stay away from coinmarket.io for the time being.  They have been down for weeks now, at least 2.  Try cryptorush.in, they seem to be favorable to new coins
TEX_Coin

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

Glad we have some interest in this direction. I think just simply getting a site up and functioning would be such a major step for PR. (regardless of how much traffic it may or may not initially have) If we had a game/rewards site to attract people to visit- I guarantee we would get some unbelievable PR and drive a lot of interest! That in turn would bring more miners and more investors. I can see the headline now "Piggycoin: The Bitcoin for Kids!" Also love the idea of incorporating schools and parents- there should be info on the site so that teachers and classes could use Piggy as rewards for reading a certain number of books per month, good conduct, finishing homework, etc. The ideas are limitless.
fearisfearless

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:09:14 PM

I really like the concept. We really do need to spread the hashing power around though

+1
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

Quote from: Amph
exchange plz

yeah! an exchange would be awesome. I would love to be listed on coinmarket.io, I just sent them a tweet!
That's something the community can help with though! Write tweets, write on irc's, talk to exchange owners!

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Stay away from coinmarket.io for the time being.  They have been down for weeks now, at least 2.  Try cryptorush.in, they seem to be favorable to new coins

I talked to cryptorush's dev, he said we need to be way higher in the voting page.

Glad we have some interest in this direction. I think just simply getting a site up and functioning would be such a major step for PR. (regardless of how much traffic it may or may not initially have) If we had a game/rewards site to attract people to visit- I guarantee we would get some unbelievable PR and drive a lot of interest! That in turn would bring more miners and more investors. I can see the headline now "Piggycoin: The Bitcoin for Kids!" Also love the idea of incorporating schools and parents- there should be info on the site so that teachers and classes could use Piggy as rewards for reading a certain number of books per month, good conduct, finishing homework, etc. The ideas are limitless.

Talking to a website dev right now, he says the new sites can be up and running soon. I will ask him to make a "for teachers/educators" section.

The crypto for kids!
fearisfearless

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:43:12 PM

If you have not already, reach out to https://www.swisscex.com, https://www.mintpal.com/ and https://www.allcoin.com.  I would bet AllCoin will list with no problems.
fearisfearless

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:45:52 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 03:59:53 PM by fearisfearless

Sorry for the multiple post, but you should also reach out to http://piggy.chickenstrips.net and have them disable registration until they drop down below 50%.  They are currently 88% of the network ATM....smh

New people come to http://bee-pgc.daan.lt or people who want to switch too!!  Who is up for the challenge of helping me get our block time under 5 minutes!!!!!  I will donate 10K coins to http://coinok.pw/faucet/pig/ if and when the pool Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool) drops below 5 minutes for at least 48 hours.  That means free coins for you and the community at large!

Current stats:
Pool Hash Rate    9.283 MH/s
Pool Efficiency    99.42%
Current Active Workers    6
Current Difficulty    2.04719256
Est. Next Difficulty    1.35737972 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)    1 minute 30 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)    15 minutes 41 seconds
Est. Shares this Round    8385 (done: 65.26%)
Next Network Block    7883    (Current: 7882)
Last Block Found    7876
Time Since Last Block    9 minutes 38 seconds
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:54:34 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 04:24:14 PM by piggycoin

Sorry for the multiple post, but you should also reach out to http://piggy.chickenstrips.net and have them disable registration until they drop down below 50%.  They are probably 95%+ of the network ATM....smh

New people come to http://bee-pgc.daan.lt or people who want to switch too!!

Current stats:
Last Block Found    7876

I will delist them from the pools while the admin is not online and then will try to contact him. thanks for the info

EDIT: They're now at 57%, not good enough but it's a start.

The crypto for kids!
fearisfearless

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:34:20 PM

Sorry for the multiple post, but you should also reach out to http://piggy.chickenstrips.net and have them disable registration until they drop down below 50%.  They are probably 95%+ of the network ATM....smh

New people come to http://bee-pgc.daan.lt or people who want to switch too!!

Current stats:
Last Block Found    7876

I will delist them from the pools while the admin is not online and then will try to contact him. thanks for the info

EDIT: They're now at 57%, not good enough but it's a start.

Yes, someone or multiple people just brought 70MH online SOMEWHERE but it does not look like any of the listed pools  Huh
cryptoaddict09

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:30:49 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:44:17 PM by cryptoaddict09

This coin is going for high buy prices for sure !
theeevilmunkey

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

This coin is going for high buy prices for sure !

people appreciate fine quality bacon Tongue
mega

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:51:12 PM

Ok guys. I got a BIG SECRET and I will share with you all.

I have a friend that has a friend that is the best friend of this major financial guru. Anyway, he told be that I should invest on Piggycoin. The main reason, he said, is because Piggycoin as some real nice features, is user friendly, and most of all, kid/newcomer orientated. New coins are born by the day, and 99% of them are just clones without adding anything new, he said. Wise people will see that a coin with unique features will outpass the other ones, not mentioning that our kids are the ones that will effectively use and massly know cryptocurrencies, he concluded.

My advice: Invest in this while diff is low.

You can tip me later Wink

mega

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:55:42 PM

Piggycoin being added to http://swisscex.com . ETA: 30 minutes. Oink!

The crypto for kids!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: