Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:37:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103997 times)
nikpatel26

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:01:21 PM

this is fucking sweet man
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PiggyM

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

^^^ you mean Freakin' sweet Smiley

kids coin... watch the language but i share your enthusiasm Smiley

nikpatel26

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:39:16 PM

^^^ you mean Freakin' sweet Smiley

kids coin... watch the language but i share your enthusiasm Smiley

I do apologise, freakin*  Tongue
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:36:25 AM

Our educative faucet is now live! http://piggyfacts.com/

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:53:00 AM

Smiley
Hopefully it will be able to promote PIG for children!
PiggyM

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:55:13 AM

Good work guys.

good questions.

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:57:29 AM

Nice little shout out... great that they recognize Piggycoins angle - 'Cryptocurrency for children'
This needs to be pushed more and more, Bitcoin for Kids, The Kids Coin ...

I think in the future, if we can have an animated video front and center that goes more into detail about piggycoin it would help a lot like

Bitcoin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Quark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao

The video thing is a good idea greentea, i'm picturing something very cartoonish Smiley

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:09:20 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 01:31:34 AM by greentea

Nice one ... pretty cool, I really like where this is going! Just donated some piggies.

I know this is a work in progress, so here's my feedback (I know it's a lot, but this could really catch on):
How many questions do you have in rotation?

How does it distinguish between same users with same/multiple addresses?

I think you should let the visitor know whether the answer:

is correct --> win piggies (animate/show coins going into wallet, or sound coins dropping in bucket)
incorrect --> try again tomorrow

I was thinking 1 question is not enough, maybe have like 5-10 questions in a row, and they get 2 coins for each correct question ... instead of the 1 question and they're gone.

Also, at the end, some way to share their score with their friends to make it catch on ...
At least a note to 'share with your classmates/teacher or something'

You could even have categories at the beginning: history, science, math, grammar, etc ...
Each category has a bank of questions.  The more interactive the better.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:58:53 AM

Nice one ... pretty cool, I really like where this is going! Just donated some piggies.

I know this is a work in progress, so here's my feedback (I know it's a lot, but this could really catch on):

is correct --> win piggies (animate/show coins going into wallet, or sound coins dropping in bucket)

I was thinking 1 question is not enough, maybe have like 5-10 questions in a row, and they get 2 coins for each correct question ... instead of the 1 question and they're gone.

Also, at the end, some way to share their score with their friends to make it catch on ...

You could even have categories at the beginning: history, science, math, grammar, etc ...

Thanks for the suggestions!  I was thinking the same exact things with the categories.  Would the 5-10 questions be on the same page?  Also, it does distinguish between addresses and IPs, and I will soon add proxy implementation. 
How would a kid share?  I'm not sure if many young ones have social media.

On a side note, the faucet pays out based on the number of people submitted.  That I probably will not change.
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:29:19 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!  I was thinking the same exact things with the categories.  Would the 5-10 questions be on the same page?  Also, it does distinguish between addresses and IPs, and I will soon add proxy implementation. 

On a side note, the faucet pays out based on the number of people submitted.  That I probably will not change.

I think moving to 5-10 questions at a time would be the first step.  One question for each page, followed by the next question, at the end they submit their answers and are told which are correct/incorrect and how many coins they won. 

After that, you can began adding categories where they choose at the start.

You can at least add facebook to like/share, if they are surfing the net, maybe the have a profile or their parents are with them ...

This is really cool, there are lots of features you can slowly add over time to make it really awesome!

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:53:55 AM

I think moving to 5-10 questions at a time would be the first step.  One question for each page, followed by the next question, at the end they submit their answers and are told which are correct/incorrect and how many coins they won. 

After that, you can began adding categories where they choose at the start.

You can at least add facebook to like/share, if they are surfing the net, maybe the have a profile or their parents are with them ...

This is really cool, there are lots of features you can slowly add over time to make it really awesome!

Yes, the thing is how long this will be kept alive.  I will personally be monitoring certain addresses every round.  Since I did not want to add ads (it's for kids), the faucet is relying on donations Smiley.  Of course, I will be donating also.
Phantas

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:03:33 AM

Of course, I will be donating also

Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/
PiggyM

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:11:52 PM

Some of those educative faucet questions are hard.... good job!!!

make them earn their piggies Smiley

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

Wow, many people submitted addresses into the faucet so far!  I have verified every IP address.  Who here thinks a web wallet would be important to the development of piggycoin?
Here's a quote from PiggyM:
"Well we are a kid based currency; not many kids have their own home computer. They do have [or share]tablets and smartphones. A web based wallet would cover all of that."

I completely agree.  Although web wallets are significantly more vulnuerable than wallets stored on PC, it's convenience is very great.  Many children are fascinated by the web but do not have the skill to use a computer like an IT professional would.  I bet if you asked them to set up the wallet, they would have a very difficult time, and some may even turn away from crypto because of that.
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:38:34 PM

Wow, many people submitted addresses into the faucet so far!  I have verified every IP address.  Who here thinks a web wallet would be important to the development of piggycoin?
"Well we are a kid based currency; not many kids have their own home computer. They do have [or share]tablets and smartphones. A web based wallet would cover all of that."

I completely agree.  Although web wallets are significantly more vulnuerable than wallets stored on PC, it's convenience is very great.  Many children are fascinated by the web but do not have the skill to use a computer like an IT professional would.  I bet if you asked them to set up the wallet, they would have a very difficult time, and some may even turn away from crypto because of that.

I think a web wallet, though it is a good idea, should be farther down the list... too many security risks and just as difficult to set one up than to download and install a desktop wallet.

The desktop wallet should have an installer .exe to make it easier...

woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:09:03 AM

Played the educative faucet with my girls tonight.  They loved it!

One thing to keep in mind about multiple requests from one IP is that some people have more than 1 kid who are collecting Piggy Coins.  There will be much despair if one gets the reward and the other does not...

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

One thing to keep in mind about multiple requests from one IP is that some people have more than 1 kid who are collecting Piggy Coins.  There will be much despair if one gets the reward and the other does not...

Yh, but people may also hack the system.  Do you have any suggestions?
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:01:06 AM

I think a web wallet, though it is a good idea, should be farther down the list... too many security risks and just as difficult to set one up than to download and install a desktop wallet.

The desktop wallet should have an installer .exe to make it easier...

Why would a web wallet be harder to set up?  It only takes registration.  For the PC wallet, if the child does have his/her own PC, they must download it only to find out that it doesn't run because of missing config file.  If we're avoiding web wallets atm, then we should really provide detailed instructions, like a video.
PiggyM

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:31:13 AM

We currently are looking for an Android developer to make us the Piggycoin Android Wallet.

if anyone in the community could help us with this you would be our hero.

woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:34:59 AM

Yh, but people may also hack the system.  Do you have any suggestions?

Good point.  I'll think about that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: