Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103999 times)
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:28:23 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 02:46:51 PM by piggycoin

is the main site going to have an introduction to mining and pools?

I know you guys are working hard ... but one suggestion is a section on how to earn piggies (mine) and how to buy piggies (exchanges)

I have been trying to explain this to the Dev.

I think a lot of people under estimate children these days, they are A LOT smarter than you think, they are bombarded with TONS of information every day.

Piggy-coin.com needs to be able to explain all aspects of crypto-currencies and make it the new standard in easy to follow guides.

When i thought about this i didn't think explaining mining to kids would be a good idea but now that you guys are saying that I'm thinking it maybe is, it's a part of crypto and it shouldn't be too hard too explain.
I will put it on my to-do list

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:56:19 PM

We need to get the votes up on Piggy-Coin on Mintpal

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

This is possibly the easiest Exchange to use, and it would be the best place to create a guide from and would love to do it.

We just gotta get on it!!

SO START VOTING!!!!
onetoc

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:05:45 PM

Piggy-Flap Is now online!

http://www.piggy-coin.com/Games/HTML5/flyingpiggy/index.html
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

You mean "Flying Piggy"? hehehe

The crypto for kids!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:36:22 PM

Grin awesome!

That game is hard, could barely past the first few obstacles high score of 3 so far ...

Ideas:
At the top should be a banner saying 'Brought to you by PiggyCoin - The Coin for Kids' or seomthing with a link to the website.

Is there any way to have a community leaderboard scoreboard, so everyone can compete against each other?

Then once a week some donated coins could be paid out to the top 1-3 scores (manually) and reset each week?

Others, anyway way to host this directly in the wallet as its own tab?  That would make some waves!  To play you have to download the wallet and it deducts 1 piggy each time you play and adds to the high score pot. 

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Vyker

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:10:01 PM

WOW!

We actually have a HoverPig Game!

I'm amazed by you guys.... well done!

I'll be investing more time with this coin.... to keep me interested is a tough order!

Well done team!
TEX_Coin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:56:20 PM

Really great job on the new website and games so far! Looks great and navigation works well... very professional. I just sent an email to cryptocoinsnews.com to check us out. I don't know if it will do any good, but I think if any of the Piggy faithful out there targets any crypto press that might potentially give us a review, mention or write-up, I think would be a good thing.

The dev's may not want to position Piggy as such, but in my opinion this coin could garner a major amount of PR by simply announcing that we are aiming to become the "Bitcoin for Kids." The main stream news outlets up to this point have really only reported on Bitcoin- I have seen very few mentions of any other crypto. (except when reported by crypto sepecific blogs/online magazines, etc) The main exception to this has been mentions about what the Dogecoin communitiy is doing in regards to charity work. To the press and general public, right now the only digital online currency they know is Bitcoin. So the idea of spreading the gospel of something like Bitcoin, but aimed at kids could be very newsworthy.

I don't think any other crypto has this specific edge right now- and its an angle that standard news agencies might be willing to mention, simply because of the "kid/educational" aspect. If there are not current plans to do a media blitz across all markets-I strongly advise moving in that direction. After doing an initial PR target campaign and contacting every major news organization, I think a great follow-up would be to organize a Piggy charity cause. Just one initial kid oriented cause that we could rally around and donate to, and that funding news would garner big PR as well. We are not going to be able to pull off a $30,000 Jamaican bobsled funding- because of the small size of our community, but maybe something on a much smaller level, affecting a group of kids could be ideal. For example there is a non-profit that provides bikes for disadvantaged kids in various parts of the world called The 88 Bikes foundation. It was started by 2 guys on a bike trip a few years ago that visited with an orphanage. They raised enough money through social media to provide bikes for all the kids... and then just continued on the practice targeting different parts of the world, spreading joy one bike at time.

http://www.88bikes.org/

Piggyis a niche coin with a specific unique audience- and it could really explode with some exposure! Grin
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:10:12 AM

Really great job on the new website and games so far! Looks great and navigation works well... very professional. I just sent an email to cryptocoinsnews.com to check us out. I don't know if it will do any good, but I think if any of the Piggy faithful out there targets any crypto press that might potentially give us a review, mention or write-up, I think would be a good thing.

The dev's may not want to position Piggy as such, but in my opinion this coin could garner a major amount of PR by simply announcing that we are aiming to become the "Bitcoin for Kids." The main stream news outlets up to this point have really only reported on Bitcoin- I have seen very few mentions of any other crypto. (except when reported by crypto sepecific blogs/online magazines, etc) The main exception to this has been mentions about what the Dogecoin communitiy is doing in regards to charity work. To the press and general public, right now the only digital online currency they know is Bitcoin. So the idea of spreading the gospel of something like Bitcoin, but aimed at kids could be very newsworthy.

I don't think any other crypto has this specific edge right now- and its an angle that standard news agencies might be willing to mention, simply because of the "kid/educational" aspect. If there are not current plans to do a media blitz across all markets-I strongly advise moving in that direction. After doing an initial PR target campaign and contacting every major news organization, I think a great follow-up would be to organize a Piggy charity cause. Just one initial kid oriented cause that we could rally around and donate to, and that funding news would garner big PR as well. We are not going to be able to pull off a $30,000 Jamaican bobsled funding- because of the small size of our community, but maybe something on a much smaller level, affecting a group of kids could be ideal. For example there is a non-profit that provides bikes for disadvantaged kids in various parts of the world called The 88 Bikes foundation. It was started by 2 guys on a bike trip a few years ago that visited with an orphanage. They raised enough money through social media to provide bikes for all the kids... and then just continued on the practice targeting different parts of the world, spreading joy one bike at time.

Piggyis a niche coin with a specific unique audience- and it could really explode with some exposure! Grin

Hmm, that seems like a good idea Smiley!
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:08:50 AM

My high score of 21 Grin

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:17:26 AM

I agree, media exposure combined with a specific niche will do wonders for this coin. If Piggy were to tie itself into children charitys as well (donations/sponsorships etc) then we would really start the ball rolling.

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
onetoc

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:50:40 AM

Charity / Philanthropy targeted towards children is already in the works.
bitboyce

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:11:34 AM

im in  Grin

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy. Tan4aeYmFaNJg4vJBseAKaqkeDXJMgxt5J
Vyker

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:33:15 AM

I think most of the community agrees with you there - you're more than welcome to help us identify news portals eager to write about us?

Leching onto the Bitcoin name with the tagline "Bitcoin for kids" is a cool idea... we'll need to get the keyword "Bitcoin" onto the site - as it exists nowhere on there currently.
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:46:41 PM

Could someone link the FlappyPiggies game difficulty to the current block difficulty of PiggyCoin? Grin

The more people that mine it the harder it gets ^_^

aka "Daddy Pig mode"  Grin

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Could someone link the FlappyPiggies game difficulty to the current block difficulty of PiggyCoin? Grin

I think the best way to incorporate the game, is to 'submit' your score with your PIG address.

The game displays a top 10 coin leaderboard with all the addresses and every week there is some payout
from donations to the top 3 scores manually to make it easy, and then it resets every week.

Or you can charge 1 piggycoin to play and that's gets donated to the pot, to use for funds?

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:55:13 PM

Nik's Column: A Whole Lot More From Piggycoin http://t.co/V7MGRy2zDb

The crypto for kids!
CMDlu

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:00:46 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:19:54 PM by CMDlu

This is one I very much appreciate the design, perhaps the future of the world will become a digital currency era, let the children this morning contact digital currency will be a good choice.

greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:11:16 PM

Nik's Column: A Whole Lot More From Piggycoin http://t.co/V7MGRy2zDb

OK, missed that, Lol Smiley

Here's the Full Text, great to hear, that is an excellent idea to play the game for piggies!

So, there have been some pretty exciting ideas being floated around for the future of Piggycoin recently. For one, the dev team have just launched the new website, and with its easy-read guides – introducing children to the world of cryptocurrency – I think it has built a solid foundation for future development. Not only is the newly-fashioned website deeply informative, but also draws heavily on the playful nature of ‘PiggyVille’; a similar concept to that of Club Penguin and Neopets, which I think will do wonders for the coin. What I personally find the most appealing from the new website is the Flying Piggy game, resemblant of the popular ‘Flappy Bird’ game that dominated iPhones and iPads from its release. There is also the possibility of a weekly ranking system being introduced for the game, allowing the highest scores of the week to earn Piggycoins for their endeavours. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to earn coins for playing highly-addictive games? There is a lot more to look forward to from Piggycoin, as the website is constantly being developed, and the educative faucet is already running smoothly as part of the PiggyTeach initiative.

Moving away from just the website, there is even greater excitement to be found from the ideas being established on the bitcointalk thread for the coin. A huge problem, not only in the cryptocurrency world but the world in general, is that of greed. Being a currency aimed mainly towards children, Piggycoin has had its sights set on drifting away from the overwhelming sense of greed apparent in the altcoin realm, and so, is looking to partner with orphanages and children’s charities in an attempt to raise awareness for neglected and underprivileged children. This would also help with raising awareness for the bright future of cryptocurrencies, whilst fulfilling the desire of the dev team to allow kids from all backgrounds to get involved in Piggycoin. It seems as though plans are also being made for Piggycoin to set up its own charitable children’s foundation some time in the future, which could be a huge, favourable step towards introducing crypto to the rest of the world.

I am very intrigued to see where the future of Piggycoin lies, with so many fascinating possibilities awaiting ‘The Children’s Bitcoin’.

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:20:03 PM

Piggy is the new flappy! This needs a mobile game too!
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

is the main site going to have an introduction to mining and pools?

I know you guys are working hard ... but one suggestion is a section on how to earn piggies (mine) and how to buy piggies (exchanges)

I have been trying to explain this to the Dev.

I think a lot of people under estimate children these days, they are A LOT smarter than you think, they are bombarded with TONS of information every day.

Piggy-coin.com needs to be able to explain all aspects of crypto-currencies and make it the new standard in easy to follow guides.

I heard you guys and will make a mining guide soon. Something like the piggybank one but for mining.

The crypto for kids!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: