Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103999 times)
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:11:27 AM

I don't have a clue how changing algo's and all that works, but if it was possible I think an approach like MyriadCoin would be incredible.

Why do we have to worry about the algos atm?
buckminer

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Smiley Piggy?

Any contest to win some Piggies playing a piggy game?

You can win some in our piggyfacts game http://www.piggyfacts.com/ !

We are planning on adding a scoreboard to the flying piggy game. I was thinking of a weekly scoreboard with payouts to the best ten players of the week. Will be coming soon!

I love this idea. Can't wait to see how it will work. My daughter loves playing the game.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:21:53 PM

Smiley Piggy?

Any contest to win some Piggies playing a piggy game?

You can win some in our piggyfacts game http://www.piggyfacts.com/ !

We are planning on adding a scoreboard to the flying piggy game. I was thinking of a weekly scoreboard with payouts to the best ten players of the week. Will be coming soon!

I love this idea. Can't wait to see how it will work. My daughter loves playing the game.

piggycoin is just getting started Smiley

mine now while the difficulty is low ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 03:04:30 AM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

pig.charityminingpools.com

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
sunny168

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:08:00 AM

Piggy is the new flappy! This needs a mobile game too!

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy. TnDUjkChyprmKfhMvE5vDJWBvYK2qawCXA
PiggyM

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:36:12 AM

I really suck at this game... but i cant stop playing!!!!!

doriangray

Activity: 567
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:27:10 AM

The game suck but you can't stop? I'm pretty sure your going to master the game soon just need more focus and non-stop practice.   Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
onetoc

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:08:54 AM

Looks like PIG has made it to ipoMiner.

"At ipoMiner, we mine both the most profitable coins and the most promising new coins, so you get the best of both strategies."

https://www.ipominer.com/
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:02:30 PM

it takes skill, focus, and manual dexterity to master the Flying Piggy Smiley

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:18:36 PM

Feel like I need to tell you guys what we are doing and what's coming next:

-Web Piggybank is coming in less than 1 week.
-Android/iOS/Blackberry Piggybank will be here in less than 2 weeks.
-We are working with OrgCoin to support a charity this month, a where people will be able to donate website is being developed.
-A "piggy museum" will be added to the website, it will feature all the piggy art kids can send to win some piggies.
-Adding a "teachers" section to the website so we can reach educators and help them using piggy in their classes.
-Greentea is updating our reddit page

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:00:02 PM

Feel like I need to tell you guys what we are doing and what's coming next:

-Web Piggybank is coming in less than 1 week.
-Android/iOS/Blackberry Piggybank will be here in less than 2 weeks.
-We are working with OrgCoin to support a charity this month, a where people will be able to donate website is being developed.
-A "piggy museum" will be added to the website, it will feature all the piggy art kids can send to win some piggies.
-Adding a "teachers" section to the website so we can reach educators and help them using piggy in their classes.
-Greentea is updating our reddit page

Great work .. you guys are top notch devs!

I can see the diff is slowly climbing now, better get in and mine some while the mining is still good ...

moonpool

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:21:48 AM

We need your help!

piggy.miningwith.us

Vyker

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:06:39 AM

Chaps,

I want to throw in a vote for "embrace the ASIC's". I'm not being bias to them - I have 16 Gpu's and I'd be affected just like so many other miners.

But ASIC's worked wonders for BTC, it's expected to the same for any other Altcoin that embraces it, and not fight it.

LTC team have already announced that they'll be all in favour of ASIC's. So I throw it out there for discussion that PiggyCoin should also look forward to ASIC's coming and encourage ASIC's miners to mine Piggy!

Thoughts?
onetoc

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:50:44 PM

The problem doesn't lie with individuals purchasing an ASIC miners.

It becomes a problem when businesses purchase 10+ and have 2.5million hashes mining a coin, specifically if they are mining smaller coins such as piggy.
buckminer

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

The problem doesn't lie with individuals purchasing an ASIC miners.

It becomes a problem when businesses purchase 10+ and have 2.5million hashes mining a coin, specifically if they are mining smaller coins such as piggy.

My $.02

Why look at it as a problem? As the game changes, if you want to play you either change or become obsolete. I can't afford to buy an asic right now, I just saved enough money to get a small gpu rig going.

I am however in support of any growth in alt currency, whether it comes from little guys like me or deep-pocketed investors wanting to throw a few million bucks at it. I am just trying to contribute to the growth of digital currency. The more people know about digital currency the better, and the more welcoming and helpful we can be, the better off we will all be.

I just need to figure out how to get enough money to get myself an asic and then I'll be moving on up.

People I share Piggy-coin.com website with all love it, we need to keep up the growth and share ideas here on how to get it to more kids. Let's see if we can make some printable coloring pages and games like word search, etc. so that teachers can print worksheets for their kids. Piggies playing sports, soccer, tennis, golf, etc. Piggy craft projects, more piggy video games. Piggycoin t-shirts, bags, etc. Focusing on the opportunity makes it easier to get over the perceived obstacles, the more people get behind Piggycoin the easier it will be for Piggycoin to overcome any obstacles.
onetoc

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:26:47 PM

Thanks buckminer, i am actually the one who developed the website Smiley

I am a qualified Multimedia and marketing major from Australia and was inspired enough to help out the Piggy Coin team.

The dev's are all great people, very friendly and understanding.

I work on the website when i can, and we have more updates coming very soon.

More excitingly we have a few new games in the works also, we are trying to keep them educational / challenging of course.

I love your ideas about the color in piggy booklets / pages, i can organize a few of them Smiley
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

added the Send Art and Piggy Museum sections of the website.

The crypto for kids!
greentea
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:44:30 AM

you guys are on the ball ... pretty nifty. 

We need to start thinking up some ways to tap into a popular website where kids hangout.

Im just worried the only way the kids will find value in the coins is if they can spend them for something.  You guys really going to be able to pull off a piggy store?  I'm thinking mobile is a much easier way for kids to share piggycoins with their friends ...

greentea
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:22:22 AM

People I share Piggy-coin.com website with all love it, we need to keep up the growth and share ideas here on how to get it to more kids. Let's see if we can make some printable coloring pages and games like word search, etc. so that teachers can print worksheets for their kids. Piggies playing sports, soccer, tennis, golf, etc. Piggy craft projects, more piggy video games. Piggycoin t-shirts, bags, etc. Focusing on the opportunity makes it easier to get over the perceived obstacles, the more people get behind Piggycoin the easier it will be for Piggycoin to overcome any obstacles.

Some great ideas here ... if you need examples for educational games look here:
http://www.funbrain.com/

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:33:16 AM

you guys are on the ball ... pretty nifty. 

We need to start thinking up some ways to tap into a popular website where kids hangout.

Im just worried the only way the kids will find value in the coins is if they can spend them for something.  You guys really going to be able to pull off a piggy store?  I'm thinking mobile is a much easier way for kids to share piggycoins with their friends ...

You're right but the store is coming, but that's not the only way kids will fins value in the coin, accumulating and competing for who has more is a thing kids do to. But the store is coming anyways.
About the mobile, it was gonna be a little surprise but the online and mobile wallets are coming and they are looking good Wink

The crypto for kids!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: