Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103998 times)
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:21:13 AM

OK I just read into it more and have made another larger purchase.

This coin will have a reason to exist which cannot be said by 99.9% of coins out there.

If any of you have any sell orders up there I would seriously consider removing them for the coming weeks.

Not only will it save you the pain of regret but it will also make you a nice bit of money.

Well done to the dev.

This ... I bought in very early and continue to make small purchases. 

Long-term holder and believe this coin will sooner or later get the attention it deserves!

Right now we are competing with only the crpyto community which is very fickel and only interested in profits.

When outsiders began to learn about PIggy it will catch on very fast and will rise and even surpass Doge Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:06:49 AM

Piggycoin mentioned here on Money&Tech! http://moneyandtech.com/may8-news-update/

Nice video, PiggyCoin was mentioned for PiggyWeek.  This is the start to the promoting phase of PiggyCoin I guess Smiley.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:14:45 AM

This coin needs some serious PR. It can go very far, it may even surpass Doge

I agree. I'm sharing the Piggycoin website on Facebook and trying to get my non-altcoin friends (which would be all of them at this point) interested in the subject. I suggest everyone else do the same. Even if you don't own PIG at this point, promoting Piggycoin helps provide a friendlier face for cryptocurrency than "Silk Road/Mt. Gox" narratives about bitcoin. So you really are helping all crypto and altcoins especially by sharing Piggycoin with people.

I'm also looking into what it would take to craft a Unit Study for homeschooling on the subject of crypto, with Piggycoin as its focus/chief example. The idea here would be to have a workbook and teachers guide covering topics like crypto, basic economics and info about money, accounts and password security, budgeting and interest and so forth. And each student would get a supply of Piggycoin with the unit study.

(The market cap on Piggy is so low that even if I just got a few thousand homeschoolers involved in such a study, it would overwhelm the current market cap and drive the price upwards. Just sayin'...)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:17:52 AM

Love what your doing!  Nice to see a Dev that is working really hard on promoting and supporting the coin.  I can only see good things to come with PiggyCoin.

Friendly reminder about our current #PiggyWeek promotions at pig.charityminingpools.com.

#PiggyWeek Promotions!
- 0% Pool Fees during #PiggyWeek for all Miners!  (Does not include the Mandatory 0.75% Donation Fee to the PiggyCoin Foundation)
- 1% Bonus Reward to all miners for every block found!  You will receive an additional 1% to every Block Payouts!
- 40 PIG Block Finder Reward!  Every Block Finder will be rewarded an additional 40 PIG to their account.

Also, All donations collected at our PIGGY Charity mining pool will now go to the PiggyCoin Foundation!

We need your support!  Come Mine while automatically donating a small portion to a good cause! Smiley

Cheers,
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

Looking forward to the release tonight!! Cheesy !!
WOOO!!
h1gh1s6

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:39:25 PM

I am very impressed with this coin so far. Can't wait to hear today's announcement.
richardn1987

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:54:03 PM

Almost time, to the moon tonight!  Grin
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:01:45 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 08:40:44 PM by piggycoin

So, this week has been pretty big for us here at Piggycoin - we've released a web wallet and an android wallet, we've partnered with the guys over at 88Bikes Charity to help raise money to buy bicycles for the underprivileged in third-world areas - and we've almost completed our goal within two days of the Piggycoin Foundation being announce! - and we've also released an updated version of the Hot Piggy game, opened a store for all of you to spend your piggies in, and even set up a direct USD to PIG facility.

Here at Piggycoin, we don't like to leave anybody out, which is why we also announced our partnership with CoinKing to create a multipool for the Piggy mining community. (*spoiler alert* this isn't the only technical advancement coming for Piggycoin!)

However, we know you've all been waiting for today's announcement. We realise that even with the mass of announcements we've already revealed, these things have become regularities in cryptocurrency - many coins have android wallets, and multipools have almost become a necessity for the newer coins to get attention. But what really matters to us, and hopefully to all of you cryptolovers too, is the adoption of our cryptocurrencies in the real world...

And so, we are extremely proud to announce that Piggycoin will be going that extra mile for cryptocurrency around the world. As a coin, our aim has always been to educate people, mainly children, in the world of crypto, as we believe that if we cannot get kids interested in our developing world, then crypto will ultimately fail in the real world.

For this reason, we are excited and honoured to reveal that Piggycoin has established links with various schools and teachers to work on, and ultimately adopt, our project. Piggycoin will be alive and kicking in the classrooms of kids of all ages, and the little pigs of Piggyville will be there to teach and guide children not only in cryptocurrency, but also economics, maths and communication skills. 'How will this be achieved?' I hear you ask. Well, firstly a beta interactive game is in the works to be included in lessons within the schools, to help structure the teachers' lesson plans. We have an active team working on this project.  We are also looking to then build a series of these interactive games, possibly using the beta class to help develop the Piggy Episodes for the younger children. Our aim is to then have this series of educational games implemented in schools for all ages of students, and eventually extending to schools globally! How does this relate to the coin? I'm glad you asked, the teachers will use these Piggy-related lesson plans to teach their students, rewarding them with Piggycoins as the interactive storylines progress. Students will be taught the fundamentals of cryptocurrency in these games, whilst also learning the fundamentals of regular school subjects.

There is a lot more to come from us, you can count on that - and hey, we invite you extend your hand in this project and help us to help the world take an active interest in cryptocurrency. Thank you to all who have believe in us, and a special thank you to the teachers who have reached out to us with open arms with regards to our Piggy project!

Further details will be revealed soon!

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:13:23 PM

The best announcement of all!  I actually had no idea PiggyCoin started reaching out to the teachers already.
venmo

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:20:15 PM

This is a HUGE announcement.

Ignore those on the trollbox who haven't even read the announcement.

This will be in the news when it takes off and there will be concrete EVIDENCE.

This coin has released more in one week than most of the favorite coins on the exchanges have done since they started.

Most simply don't invest purely because of its name.

That shows you just how intelligent they are.

The only way any alt coin will survive is to find a niche. Piggycoin has found one.

It will have a reason to exist unlike 99.9% of coins on the exchanges that are priced ridiculously.

They will all slowly die but the ones like piggy will still be standing at the end.

Great investment especially if you have kids and want to put some piggy away for them.

In 1-2 years you will be glad you did.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:40:26 PM

Stupid nobrain dumpers @poloniex  Roll Eyes
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

I had a feeling this was the news and that it wouldn't cause a reaction. Altcoin traders are not hardwired to react to real-world news. It's all about hype. If they had announced a change in the algorithm they would have gone ape, even though that's not meaningful in the long term.

I'm starting to draft my unit study project for Piggycoin. I've not done this before so I expect it to take some time to do a good job (Piggycoin itself is only one piece of it), but as projects like mine and the school initiative take off, the shouting in the trollbox will become really irrelevant. The forces of supply and demand will take over.

haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:41:47 PM

I had a feeling this was the news and that it wouldn't cause a reaction. Altcoin traders are not hardwired to react to real-world news. It's all about hype. If they had announced a change in the algorithm they would have gone ape, even though that's not meaningful in the long term.

I'm starting to draft my unit study project for Piggycoin. I've not done this before so I expect it to take some time to do a good job (Piggycoin itself is only one piece of it), but as projects like mine and the school initiative take off, the shouting in the trollbox will become really irrelevant. The forces of supply and demand will take over.
Well, it's because this announcement is nothing else as the day dreams of each coin developer. What do we have? No released software, just "a team working on it". No schools named which have agreed to a cooperation. I don't see anything substantial here, sorry.
Give us hard facts and the price will rise.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:02:03 AM

Well, it's because this announcement is nothing else as the day dreams of each coin developer. What do we have? No released software, just "a team working on it". No schools named which have agreed to a cooperation. I don't see anything substantial here, sorry.

You haven't been paying much attention, have you?

The announcement specifies a pilot program with two schools in the Netherlands. As for software, various software releases have been going on all week. (See http://www.piggy-coin.com/) This altcoin is matching or exceeding the coins with market caps in the millions of dollars in terms of completed projects and software development. I share the sense of surprise at the failure of the market to react accurately. It will over time (markets eventually correct themselves against irrationality), so in the meantime I'm holding my piggycoin stash. (As well as pressing forward with my own project.)

But please, remain a doubter and stay out. I'm hoping to increase my stash as the price drops further . :-)

haggis

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

You haven't been paying much attention, have you?

The announcement specifies a pilot program with two schools in the Netherlands. As for software, various software releases have been going on all week. (See http://www.piggy-coin.com/) This altcoin is matching or exceeding the coins with market caps in the millions of dollars in terms of completed projects and software development. I share the sense of surprise at the failure of the market to react accurately. It will over time (markets eventually correct themselves against irrationality), so in the meantime I'm holding my piggycoin stash. (As well as pressing forward with my own project.)

But please, remain a doubter and stay out. I'm hoping to increase my stash as the price drops further . :-)
Quote from: piggycoin
Well, firstly a beta interactive game is in the works to be included in lessons within the schools, to help structure the teachers' lesson plans. We have an active team working on this project.  We are also looking to then build a series of these interactive games, possibly using the beta class to help develop the Piggy Episodes for the younger children. Our aim is to then have this series of educational games implemented in schools for all ages of students, and eventually extending to schools globally!

I still don't see any finished product...please point me to the location.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:47:01 AM

My apologies. I thought you were referring to Piggycoin as a whole, not this one particular school project. The website (http://www.piggy-coin.com/) contains a number of completed software projects (wallets, games, online piggybank, etc.), but you are certainly correct in pointing out the future-tense status of the school project.

haggis

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:02:32 AM

Ok, then this was a misunderstanding. I was only speaking about the last news as you also referenced this news in the quote Wink
glx2014

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:11:27 AM

The forces of supply and demand will take over.

MarryUncle

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:17:55 AM

you might want to fix the pool so the auto-payout is not max at 250 coins lol

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T2QmmNiv1Z8J118zYieALtELY3VQ64gLeo
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:11:03 AM

"The announcement specifies a pilot program
with two schools in the Netherlands."

The schools names ?
Adress ?

Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: