May 12, 2024, 01:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 [728] 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

In my case, you'd need a tunnelling electron microscope to even come close - it's probably more of a quantum thing anyway (The act of measurement CAUSES an outcome to solidify out of the cloud of possibility) Wink

Agreed 100% that it's too early to make any plans.

After all, NO ecosystem has found the 'magic bullet' yet, not even close.

(Everyone who DIDN'T buy into the DAO/Ethereum hype, take a bow Wink )

IMO, what we will need first, and most, is a staking mobile wallet - and that will have to wait until the technology permits the storage of much more data than is currently possible, alongside more universal high-speed connectivity.

As I've said many times over the last couple of years, right now we are in a simple survival game. How many hundreds of shitcoins & scamcoins have come & gone since we launched?

Yes, we have a rock-solid wallet, an energy-efficient 'creation' system, a strong network & sufficient committed long-term stakeholders.

But we are, outside any actions we can take, still slaves to the greater ecosystem - not only regarding BTC (anyone prepared to bet on what happens after the halvening?) but also with the global ponzi scheme of fiat money.

Those few calling for radical action now, I'm sorry to say, just don't understand enough about 'what's really going on' to be taken seriously.

"Live like you're going to die tomorrow, LEARN like you're going to live forever"

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byter.sky

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:43:57 PM

5% when it will be _after 15% pos we will see first months dumps i hope  Wink
And then hope 2 sat will be price
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:40:31 PM

nice rally zeit
get the UNO market trading too Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:49:33 PM

Volume rising of late as well. All good stuff.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:31:25 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 09:53:18 PM by uki

kiklo, once again, it looks like you haven't read my post. I was writing about buy orders, not sell orders.
That is exactly the point. We have some ZEIT zealots (myself included) who won't drop their coins ever, plus not too many more people interested in joining ZEIT -> people willing to buy 3% of all coins. That is something we need to change, sooner or later, if we want to keep existing in a broader perspective.

As for being visionary, I prefer to be critical about myself in the first place, before saying that world has yet to learn in order to understand me. It is much safer that way. Not offending anyone, in the history we have plenty of examples showing that the difference between being a visionaire and being a lunatic is, indeed, very thin. So, I agree with your point about being patient for the things to resolve our way, but I also believe ZEIT needs some actions to be understood better and become more successful in the crypto community.

In my case Razor Thin .  Wink

Actions are needed, but until we drop out of the 15% rate, not the optimal timing for it.

1. The ZEIT ad network , where people trade ZEIT for banner & other ads, will need to be started within a few months of going to 5% rate.
   Any ideas about this, and how we should accomplish it , is welcome.

2. What actions would you like to see done?

Cool

As for the actions, here is what I think. Even in the so called 'survival phase' when many coins are born and die, ZEIT needs to have something that will mark its presence, and would distinguish it from other dying coins. Something, that will help the crypto SETI enthusiasts to have ZEIT on their radars (please excuse the old-fashioned astronomy analogy). A complete silence is not a best way of advertising a product, if you ask me. My suggestion is to have some form of 'keepalive' message to the community (with a fixed frequency, say once or twice a month), preferably not only in this forum, but to a broader scope (aka social media) to reach as many new users as possible. What could be in such message? To start with, similar things to what we post in this forum, e.g., advertisement of the update of blockchain snapshot, review of the global ZEIT volume in the last month, etc. It doesn't need to big thing, but something to show the activity of community. I believe this could be done without waiting till the 15% PoS rate drops.

I agree that the bigger issues, must be done at the later stage, and yes, staking mobile wallet could be definitely one of them. Further discussion, at due time.

@Lion: As for the fiat perspective, it may be a terribly long-term perspective, if you ask me (I recall many similar goldbug discussions five years ago). We have already been kicking the fiat can for quite a while, and I can perfectly imagine this Ponzi going on for much longer than we here (may) expect.

PS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQJo2p2_ncw

this space is intentionally left blank
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:10:19 AM

As for the actions, here is what I think. Even in the so called 'survival phase' when many coins are born and die, ZEIT needs to have something that will mark its presence, and would distinguish it from other dying coins. Something, that will help the crypto SETI enthusiasts to have ZEIT on their radars (please excuse the old-fashioned astronomy analogy). A complete silence is not a best way of advertising a product, if you ask me. My suggestion is to have some form of 'keepalive' message to the community (with a fixed frequency, say once or twice a month), preferably not only in this forum, but to a broader scope (aka social media) to reach as many new users as possible. What could be in such message? To start with, similar things to what we post in this forum, e.g., advertisement of the update of blockchain snapshot, review of the global ZEIT volume in the last month, etc. It doesn't need to big thing, but something to show the activity of community. I believe this could be done without waiting till the 15% PoS rate drops.

OK,
You're in charge of the keep alive messages.   Smiley

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:22:10 AM

5% when it will be _after 15% pos we will see first months dumps i hope  Wink

5% rate starts when the Block Count hits #3153600.
We are currently at #2643008.
Only ~ 6 months left.

Cool
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:35:41 AM

5% when it will be _after 15% pos we will see first months dumps i hope  Wink

5% rate starts when the Block Count hits #3153600.
We are currently at #2643008.
Only ~ 6 months left.

Cool

Still a long way to go, but good things come to those who wait.  Smiley
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:53:18 AM

OK,

Cool
No problem. I'll send you a pm to discuss the details and how to proceed.
Thanks!

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 09:51:50 AM

OK,

Cool

You write it, uki, and I'll make sure it's on our FaceBook page. I post key updates anyway.

No idea who's in charge of twatter Wink

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:10:42 AM

Thanks!

Cool,  Smiley

FYI:
New Exchange trading ZEIT is now Online.

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ZEIT/BTC

Cool
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:45:57 AM

Thanks!

Cool,  Smiley

FYI:
New Exchange trading ZEIT is now Online.

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ZEIT/BTC

Cool
I guess, that is a perfect content for the first keep alive message we can send.
I am not looking for a full-blown PR, but just simple messages with interesting and important news to ZEIT users.

atronite

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

kiklo, once again, it looks like you haven't read my post. I was writing about buy orders, not sell orders.
That is exactly the point. We have some ZEIT zealots (myself included) who won't drop their coins ever, plus not too many more people interested in joining ZEIT -> people willing to buy 3% of all coins. That is something we need to change, sooner or later, if we want to keep existing in a broader perspective.

As for being visionary, I prefer to be critical about myself in the first place, before saying that world has yet to learn in order to understand me. It is much safer that way. Not offending anyone, in the history we have plenty of examples showing that the difference between being a visionaire and being a lunatic is, indeed, very thin. So, I agree with your point about being patient for the things to resolve our way, but I also believe ZEIT needs some actions to be understood better and become more successful in the crypto community.

In my case Razor ThinWink

Actions are needed, but until we drop out of the 15% rate, not the optimal timing for it.

1. The ZEIT ad network , where people trade ZEIT for banner & other ads, will need to be started within a few months of going to 5% rate.
   Any ideas about this, and how we should accomplish it , is welcome.

2. What actions would you like to see done?

Cool

Would these ads be part of a google ad buy campaign? And will this be an exclusive Zeitcoin business, or will BTC and other crypto be offered?

Because in order for any altcoin to succeed, it must have businesses willing to deal exclusively in that coin.

Additionally, the business must provide an EASY way to buy the coin directly, with FIAT, via credit card or paypal. Just a matter of "download wallet, pay money, zeitcoin deposited to wallet account". And then the customer puts the Zeitcoin into whatever accounts they see fit. And since Zeitcoin grows when it is in your WALLET, the ad buyers will buy more than they need, and allocate zeitcoin only as they need it, and enjoy the 5% interest every 20 days.

Crypto still has a LOT of room to grow, which means we can get new people who don't know about bitcoin into the Zeitcoin fold.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:48:33 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 08:31:28 PM by kiklo

Would these ads be part of a google ad buy campaign? And will this be an exclusive Zeitcoin business, or will BTC and other crypto be offered?

Because in order for any altcoin to succeed, it must have businesses willing to deal exclusively in that coin.

Additionally, the business must provide an EASY way to buy the coin directly, with FIAT, via credit card or paypal. Just a matter of "download wallet, pay money, zeitcoin deposited to wallet account". And then the customer puts the Zeitcoin into whatever accounts they see fit. And since Zeitcoin grows when it is in your WALLET, the ad buyers will buy more than they need, and allocate zeitcoin only as they need it, and enjoy the 5% interest every 20 days.

Crypto still has a LOT of room to grow, which means we can get new people who don't know about bitcoin into the Zeitcoin fold.

Actually google will not be a part of the ZEIT Ad Network.
Their payment system fairly sucks, with their pay per click scheme.

No our Ad network will be different, still brainstorming it.
Their will be no credit cards or FIAT conversion, it will be a Direct Trade Only 1 ZEIT = 1 Minute of Ad time.
We setup the venue, where people can offer their ad space and other pay in ZEIT.
This way we directly instill value into ZEIT , regardless of any other conversions.

You're right some will prefer direct purchase without using an exchange, we will leave this up to 3rd parties to create that system.
We will also need 3rd Party Escrow agents for some of the ad payments.
Like our coin , we want the ad network to be decentralized, that way if someone else comes up with a better designed AD/ZEIT pairing system, then the more the merrier, because in the long run, our goal is to make sure ZEIT Spreads worldwide with multiple uses.
(One Issue, only direct Text links or Graphic links will be accepted, their will be no flash animations or programming code in the ads as this is the main way viruses are spread in the current ad networks.)
Ours will be more like Billboard Ads, a space is offered and a set amount per time is paid, there is no confusion between how many clicks were received.

Cool

FYI:
Examples of ad space to be listed include:
BTCTALK Signatures,
Graphics or Text Links Ads on Blogs or Facebook
Web Page Banners or Text Links
Printed Signs or Logos on your Person (TShirt/Button) or Vehicle or Residence
Which the following will also mean Graphic Design Work will be needed , so there will also be a area with graphic designers offering their services for ZEIT to design logos and banners. You host an ad on your Blog , and then use the proceeds to help you buy graphics for your site, and never need to convert it to anything else. Smiley
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:10:31 PM

wow nice gains gaise!

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:33:08 PM

I don't like the exaggeration in any direction. Let's be fair, it is pure chart painting at less than a dust volume:

Not worth mentioning, imo.  

Btw. this is also a perfect example when the 'market cap' metric (at least in the form used at most of the crypto-related webpages) is proved meaningless.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:57:33 PM

Looks to me like a Fourth of July Firework.

2016-07-04 22:42:06    buy    0.00000093    704.20160000    0.00065491

Cool
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:03:26 AM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

Even if it is just a blip, it's so goddam inspiring to see something like this on doing my daily value check...

I take it that's an ATH?

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:42:52 AM

Again, I hope nobody in here believes that ZEIT market cap is worth 90k GBP, because it is not.
A much more reasonable market metric would be total number of coins multiplied by the running average price of the last 30 days to eliminate such glitches.
That would be a more meaningful metric reflecting, at least to some extent, the real market value.
Otherwise, it is just a number that bears absolutely no meaning.

PS. I am a bit surprised that otherwise very reasonable Knights are also falling into this trap. Let's keep our feet on the ground.
PS2. Looking into the order books now, it looks like chart (and 'market cap') painting is over.

Vandalay23

Activity: 341

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:35:47 PM

Again, I hope nobody in here believes that ZEIT market cap is worth 90k GBP, because it is not.
A much more reasonable market metric would be total number of coins multiplied by the running average price of the last 30 days to eliminate such glitches.
That would be a more meaningful metric reflecting, at least to some extent, the real market value.
Otherwise, it is just a number that bears absolutely no meaning.

PS. I am a bit surprised that otherwise very reasonable Knights are also falling into this trap. Let's keep our feet on the ground.
PS2. Looking into the order books now, it looks like chart (and 'market cap') painting is over.

Let us dream a little bit Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 [728] 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: