Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 12:42:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 828732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:41:57 PM

The one pool that I wouldn't put on that list is Eligius Mining Pool the owner has a reputation see below.

Luke-Jr used the pools hashing power to 51% attack an alt with out the permission or authorization of the people hashing for the pool.
Luke-Jr also injected his personal Bitcoin address black list into Gentoo Linux code base. for religious reasons multiple times.
Luke-Jr also threatened to 51% attack an independent Bitcoin protocol build as a core developer.  (read the whole thread to get a feel for his personality)
Luke-Jr also ripped off CGMiner code without giving credit,  

so no i wouldn't group Eligius with the others on that list, there is a history of abuse of power there.
FYI to the new people here, those are all lies.

CoiledCoin: I used my own hashing and did not perform any actual attacks. I stopped it from working simply from playing by the rules fairly. As a result, the scammers who were planning to pump & dump it got pissy and started making up accusations.

"Blacklists": My spam filter improvements are not substantially different from the ones written by Satoshi and included in the reference code since 0.3, except in terms of effectiveness. They do not target specific entities/people (non-spam sent by the spammers is unaffected), and are thus not blacklists.

bitsofproof: I offered to have Eligius use his alt-node software as a precaution against potential bugs. It would have improved his software's security to do so, and you can clearly see he understood that from his replies on the thread.

cgminer: I have never denied them credit for the parts they actually wrote. They were not significantly involved in FPGA/ASIC mining until approximately the time they decided to fork the project. Even after they forked the project, I continue(d) to clear attribute their improvements when I ported them over (for example, see here). On the contrary, the cgminer developers have since pretended I didn't do anything (such as modularising the code and adding the FPGA/ASIC support foundations, as well as some of the initial drivers, the others of which were written by neither of them).

Note: Reposted with permission from Eleuthria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:46:47 PM

The above rebuttal was approved since I did not want to delete the original message that caused the thread to derail.  The original post included links for its accusations so anybody could read into it and make up their own mind.  Any further posts on the subject will be deleted to avoid derailing the thread again.

On the brighter side:  At least our last 2 weeks might be a bit lucky, the last few days haven't been half bad.

R.I.P. BTC Guild, 2011 - 2015.
BTC Guild Forum Thread
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:15:02 PM

Well, I only take the inclusion of luke's post of lies as siding with luke's lies.

With that, I would request that eleuthria remove me from his suggestions.

I have no wish to be suggested as an option by a pool that would allow luke's post of lies without my response.

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:33:01 PM

Well, I only take the inclusion of luke's post of lies as siding with luke's lies.

I have no wish to be suggested as an option by a pool that would allow luke's post of lies without my response.

is it still Likes pool?

Anyway I think the situation is rather sad, and not worth bickering about, it's clear the little guys, Us Miners and the pool operators are being superseded by the people investing big money in Bitcoin mining.

So thanks, not only to eleuthria for a fantastic mining pool, it didn't become the biggest for any other reason than it was the best and most open pool to contribute too.

so it is Sad, but also a new binging, no need to focus on the past.  

And thanks to all the other miners, my hashing was worth so much more because you all contributed too.

i just checked my profitability and I'm earning 39% above my energy cost, I'm hanging in there still.  

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:35:14 PM

Kano CKPool is no longer recommended because it is run by a fucking baby.  That better?

R.I.P. BTC Guild, 2011 - 2015.
BTC Guild Forum Thread
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:03:04 PM

Kano CKPool is no longer recommended because it is run by a fucking baby.  That better?
Much better Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:47:28 AM

Hi,
What happens to the Namecoin balance if it's less than the minimum...will we be able to withdraw them manually at some point?

The 0.00xxxxx NMC balances will be funding my mansion...made of cardboard....and roughly the size of a car.  These amounts are worth less than half of a penny.
Please accept my current balances of 0.00828663BTC and 0.00021412 NMC at BTC Guild as a donation towards your new mansion.  Maybe you'll be able to upgrade to corrugated cardboard now Tongue

I was thinking he could use that donation to buy a knife  so his mansion can have windows... Wink
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 892

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:37:51 PM

eleuthria, it was a great ride.

shut my miners down a year ago maybe but probably half my time mining was pointed at you.

youll be missed.
BCwinning

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:51:27 PM

Hi,
What happens to the Namecoin balance if it's less than the minimum...will we be able to withdraw them manually at some point?

The 0.00xxxxx NMC balances will be funding my mansion...made of cardboard....and roughly the size of a car.  These amounts are worth less than half of a penny.
because it's worth nothing today, it's worthless to you?
Yet you allowed/continued to support the merged mining.
So why not release it as well. It isn't the point of what it costs, it's the point it belongs to the miner, not you.
Just disable NMC now than if that's how it's going to be.

https://www.rixty.com?ref=1337507 sign up for rixty
privacy, it does the body good.
Official Bitcoin Foundation Secretariat
The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
mavericklm

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:06:19 AM

NMC Account Balance Earnings    5.78648863

good for 1 beer i hope!

enjoy!
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:15:57 PM

i will stay mining on btc-guild until the last second...

in fact i will not delete it from my miner.

Dash [DASH] is a secure blockchain-based global financial network with available private transactions. Quite simply, Dash is Digital Cash! See website for info.

dash.org
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1134

BitcoinQueue.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 08:48:13 PM

Jeez some members in the community have such an attitude problem... and I wish it were only about their age.

I guess eleuthria could have added it to the list of reasons for the shutdown. Sad Undecided

★ ⏳ BitcoinQueue.com β ★ 📈 Real-time Bitcoin Unconfirmed Transaction Queue Charts ⏳ ★ Forum Topic
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:28:41 PM

Thanks eleuthria for everything!

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2016