Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 03:48:35 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 828450 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:45:39 PM

Hello, I have a question regarding hidden workers. If one of my workers connects to the pool but is hidden, will its shares count on my balance? I ask because I have one worker which only connects to BTCGuild as failover pool, and I set it hidden because I have Idle Workers notifications enabled.

Hidden workers are fully functional.  They simply don't get shown on your dashboard, worker charts, or the API.

R.I.P. BTC Guild, 2011 - 2015.
BTC Guild Forum Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:41:20 PM

The following will be posted on the Eligius, BTCGuild and P2pool threads.

How willing are the pool operators to implement this? Is it hard? Any downsides? Please discuss

My position is that every periodic payment should be done using deterministic key pair generation.  Of course this includes all mining payouts.  The way this would work is that instead of generating a normal private/public key pair and giving the Bitcoin address of the public key to your mining pool for payout you would generate an extended private/public key pair and give the extended public key to the mining pool.

An extended public key contains within it the first public key and information on how to generate an entire sequence of public keys that correspond to the same key pair sequence that is generated by the extended private key.  So the mining pool would send your first payment to the first public key, your second payment to your second public key, your third payment to your third public key, etc.

Meanwhile your client can generate the first private key that corresponds to the first public key, the second private key that corresponds to the second public key, etc. so you can claim/spend the BTC when you are ready.

This way every single periodic payment can be sent to a unique public address.  Cool, right?

However, I do not know of a single pool that supports this payment mechanism.  I do not keep up with all the various mining pools having given up mining at the end of the GPU mining era myself.  So, if there is a pool that supports this please let me know.

All miners should demand this from every pool they use and only use pools that support this mechanism.

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:53:41 PM

How willing are the pool operators to implement this? Is it hard? Any downsides? Please discuss

I looked into it a long time ago, but at this point I'm not looking at touching the code which handles payouts.  If something goes wrong, there is no way the pool would recover from the loss without it affecting the users.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:08:27 PM

I dont want a 1000 addresses for payouts.
It can be good for those that do but I do not.
I have my addresses set to I can keep track of the mining revenue and not have to slog through so many.
A good idea it is just as long as it is not mandatory.

My position is that every periodic payment should be done using deterministic key pair generation.  Of course this includes all mining payouts.  The way this would work is that instead of generating a normal private/public key pair and giving the Bitcoin address of the public key to your mining pool for payout you would generate an extended private/public key pair and give the extended public key to the mining pool.

An extended public key contains within it the first public key and information on how to generate an entire sequence of public keys that correspond to the same key pair sequence that is generated by the extended private key.  So the mining pool would send your first payment to the first public key, your second payment to your second public key, your third payment to your third public key, etc.

Meanwhile your client can generate the first private key that corresponds to the first public key, the second private key that corresponds to the second public key, etc. so you can claim/spend the BTC when you are ready.

This way every single periodic payment can be sent to a unique public address.  Cool, right?

However, I do not know of a single pool that supports this payment mechanism.  I do not keep up with all the various mining pools having given up mining at the end of the GPU mining era myself.  So, if there is a pool that supports this please let me know.

All miners should demand this from every pool they use and only use pools that support this mechanism.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:56:07 AM

I looked into it a long time ago, but at this point I'm not looking at touching the code which handles payouts.  If something goes wrong, there is no way the pool would recover from the loss without it affecting the users.

And from that explanation it seems to me that may divulge enough information to help discover your original private key being that the range of sequential keys are based on it.  It's not good security policy to divulge any more information than absolutely necessary.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:07:33 AM

Check your payout addresses! Someone has changed mine to 148z3Qq6KzSVjca8xzXPWHMPBuWm2bqEQz And stole from my BTCGuild account. They've also locked it and I can't change it back. First Lunamine and now this.  Sad
RealMalatesta

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:54:34 AM

Check your payout addresses! Someone has changed mine to 148z3Qq6KzSVjca8xzXPWHMPBuWm2bqEQz And stole from my BTCGuild account. They've also locked it and I can't change it back. First Lunamine and now this.  Sad

Have you used the same address and/or password for Lunamine as well as for BTC Guild?

MoreBloodWine

Activity: 924

I rule with an iron fist !

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:24:29 PM

This is why I've always liked google 2FA, but eleu should be able to unlock everything for you. As for me, everything's fine here... haven't seen anything weird happen in my accounts.

Want a chance at winning some BTC, LTC or another crypto currency ?
Then be sure to check out our Weekly Crypto Lotteries: Crypto Lottos

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1455

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:50:51 PM

Pro-actively blocking a state, and requiring users to affirm they are not from that state should be adequate in preventing the state from trying to establish a nexus when there are clear attempts to prevent that state from accessing it.
Do you anticipate ever having to ask for proof of (non) residence, which in turn requires identification documents?
eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 05:20:22 AM

Pro-actively blocking a state, and requiring users to affirm they are not from that state should be adequate in preventing the state from trying to establish a nexus when there are clear attempts to prevent that state from accessing it.
Do you anticipate ever having to ask for proof of (non) residence, which in turn requires identification documents?

No, I'd shut down instead.  I have *zero* desire to be responsible for collecting and maintaining personal details on users.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:00:59 AM

I will ask again are you going to submit a comment to the NYDFS about how it could adversely affect your business and in which ways?
This is the kind of thing they need to know from someone in your position so that they can make sure it does not adversely damage your business.

No, I'd shut down instead.  I have *zero* desire to be responsible for collecting and maintaining personal details on users.

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 865

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:40:35 PM

ARRRGH!! About to drop our first ZERO Shift!!!!!!!!! I guess this is payback for yesterdays run of good luck! Angry
eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:45:40 PM

ARRRGH!! About to drop our first ZERO Shift!!!!!!!!! I guess this is payback for yesterdays run of good luck! Angry

And we just did it.  Actually surprised we haven't had a 0-block shift until now, considering the 10 shifts have only been 100b shares combined for months.  These days that means you only need a block to hit ~4.8x difficulty for a shift to end with 0.

EDIT:  ~4.7x difficulty as of this post (110b shares / 23.8b diff)

BTC Guild Forum Thread
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:09:40 PM

And we just did it.  Actually surprised we haven't had a 0-block shift until now, considering the 10 shifts have only been 100b shares combined for months.  These days that means you only need a block to hit ~4.8x difficulty for a shift to end with 0.

EDIT:  ~4.7x difficulty as of this post (110b shares / 23.8b diff)

That is surprising considering Ghash.io hits 5x+ blocks with pretty high frequency despite their larger rate.  Hopefully it won't crawl towards 10x  Shocked

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 865

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

The average time per block is kinda low right now but there have been quite a number of 30+ minute blocks over the last couple days as well as 1000+ btc sized single transactions. I did see one block get solved on Sunday with only 1 transaction credited to it for 25 btc and wondered if the 25 btc was just from the reward possibly.
eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

EDIT:  ~4.7x difficulty as of this post (110b shares / 23.8b diff)

That is surprising considering Ghash.io hits 5x+ blocks with pretty high frequency despite their larger rate.  Hopefully it won't crawl towards 10x  Shocked

GHash.io also burns through about 4x as many blocks as BTC Guild.  That means they would average 4 times more 5x(+) difficulty blocks than BTC Guild in the given time frame.  They also don't last as long since they are much faster, so the time people spend staring at a long block doesn't seem as bad even though it's no different.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:20:07 PM

That is surprising considering Ghash.io hits 5x+ blocks with pretty high frequency despite their larger rate.  Hopefully it won't crawl towards 10x  Shocked

GHash.io also burns through about 4x as many blocks as BTC Guild.  That means they would average 4 times more 5x(+) difficulty blocks than BTC Guild in the given time frame.  They also don't last as long since they are much faster, so the time people spend staring at a long block doesn't seem as bad even though it's no different.

It's a lot more than 4 times as bad lol (well anything times 0 is infinitely more  Wink).  Will the graph actually show/touch 0 on the luck meter?

I don't mine at ghash.io but I have a friend who wants to keep her miners pointed there since she got a lot of referral hash - looks like their fees are getting out of control since the cloud hashing is actually causing a negative return during some bad stretches

eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

GHash.io also burns through about 4x as many blocks as BTC Guild.  That means they would average 4 times more 5x(+) difficulty blocks than BTC Guild in the given time frame.  They also don't last as long since they are much faster, so the time people spend staring at a long block doesn't seem as bad even though it's no different.

It's a lot more than 4 times as bad lol (well anything times 0 is infinitely more  Wink).  Will the graph actually show/touch 0 on the luck meter?

I don't mine at ghash.io but I have a friend who wants to keep her miners pointed there since she got a lot of referral hash - looks like their fees are getting out of control since the cloud hashing is actually causing a negative return during some bad stretches

The graph would only 0% luck if we have 3 shifts close with 0 blocks (which would be ~6.4x diff I believe).  The graph uses the average of 3 shifts since graphing every point over 3 months caused phones and some computer browsers to get slow/unresponsive.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
specialed101

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:05:33 PM

Can someone help. I am furious. BTCG user/worker benutzer_1 has hacked my antminer and changed a script file somewhere to redirect to his worker. What will BTC Guild do about this? Short of changing my SSH password which I have now done what else can I do?

UPDATE: Config file for cgminer did not show his pool/worker (priority 0) and a reboot has deleted killed his worker. Now very confused.

Thanks

I'm sorry you appear to have been hacked.  But I don't see how BTCG can help?

I could say my worker was hacked and I should get credit for someone else's work too.  My point is, how can you prove it?

M

It's definitely happening. I can vouch for that.

He's using the cgminer API listener to insert your pool and his account information onto miners with a hole in their default configurations. Sure, shame on the vendor that leaves that hole open, and shame on your member for hacking and stealing from decent people.

He's going to bring that shame on you too. I'd advise you to bounce that user from your pool before he muddies your name. You wouldn't want BTC Guild to become synonymous with "hackers" and "thieves", right?

"Can I be the sockpuppet General of the Underpants Gnomes?" ~ specialed101
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:11:54 AM

Can someone help. I am furious. BTCG user/worker benutzer_1 has hacked my antminer and changed a script file somewhere to redirect to his worker. What will BTC Guild do about this? Short of changing my SSH password which I have now done what else can I do?

UPDATE: Config file for cgminer did not show his pool/worker (priority 0) and a reboot has deleted killed his worker. Now very confused.

Thanks

I'm sorry you appear to have been hacked.  But I don't see how BTCG can help?

I could say my worker was hacked and I should get credit for someone else's work too.  My point is, how can you prove it?

M

It's definitely happening. I can vouch for that.

He's using the cgminer API listener to insert your pool and his account information onto miners with a hole in their default configurations. Sure, shame on the vendor that leaves that hole open, and shame on your member for hacking and stealing from decent people.

He's going to bring that shame on you too. I'd advise you to bounce that user from your pool before he muddies your name. You wouldn't want BTC Guild to become synonymous with "hackers" and "thieves", right?

A few months ago there was a user which started a hacking thread discussing similar things with KNC miners.. I got involved in it because some of his conclusions were messed up but I mention it because in the end he was trying to leverage the thread to distribute malware and was definitely the one targeting miners.. Given the timeline in the replies above perhaps it was the same guy, who still might be at it for all we know..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.