Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 10:46:36 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 828714 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sir Alan

Activity: 221

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

I've mined on this pool for 4 weeks or more starting around the end of September. Despite the PPLNS stats which shows arround 96% I think the real stats are around 75%, or maximum 80%.
In the pool news posted on September 29 it states that the pool will take around 3 hours and 20 minutes to solve a block on AVERAGE. This means a little more than 7 blocks per day, which happens only once or twice a week. On September 29 there was an entirely day with only one block solved, so, bye bye BTC Guild.
Missing you already.  Mind you take the time to read up about luck and probability before complaining that the next pool you try also doesn't meet your expectations.

Eight days ago I withdrew my earned balances from both BTCguild and Slush.  Starting from zero, and with equal effort, the earnings on the two pools are very similar.  Sometimes one gets its nose in front, and sometimes the other.  So I don't have any issues with the day-to-day or even the week-to-week variance in luck.

Edit:  I took the time to work out some figures.  In the four weeks 1-28 October, there were eight days when 8 or more blocks were found, so yes - two a week; the highest was 11 blocks on three occasions.  The good days tend to offset the bad days; over the 28 days there were 189 valid blocks, so the daily average was 6.75.  It would have been slightly higher but for an orphan on the 27th.  So perhaps a little below expectation, but not by much:  by my calculation it is 93.75% over the four weeks, well within what I would consider acceptable tolerance.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmwardjr

Activity: 700

The Few, The Proud, The BTC

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

There's an attack currently hitting the primary stratum server.  As in the past, existing mining connections should not be affected, but restarting a miner or starting up a new one may have difficulties connecting.  If you're currently mining and were planning on restarting a miner/changing a configuration, I would recommend waiting a few hours (or a day) to avoid being unable to reconnect.

EDIT:  The attacks have stopped for now.

Eleuthria,

I think attacks may be going on again or something...

I was coming here to check out how its going with my rigs periodically the last few days with no problems.  

Now it's starting to act up again like it was a few days ago.

Every time I click on "PPLNS STATS" the CPU is being used 100% by BTC Guild.  I have to force quit The Guild in my Activity Monitor in order to go to the Guild again. When I navigate to The Guild again, 100% of my CPU is used again.  

So, I decided to delete all my website data before navigating to the Guild again.  It does fine when I first navigate their after deleting website data.  It does fine after I log in.  However, the moment I click on PPLNS STATS, 100% of my CPU is being used again.

This amount of CPU usage puts a strain on any computer.  The fans will blow extremely fast constantly to try to cool down the computer.  I don't know what is going on here.

I can't help but wonder if there is an attack again?  

It only does this when I navigate to The Guild.  It does this no where else.

Your assistance would be appreciated greatly, Sir.

BTC ADDRESS: 1HBSBwbFDg2XQii8cNJGAhLyd2mFS4jbG9
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:12:46 PM

In this photograph you see 99.9% of CPU used by The Guild.

I've also found if I navigate anywhere else, AFTER getting this "bug" it will start doing it again and I have to force quit it again.  If I then delete all website data, I don't have the problem again until after navigating to the guild and clicking on PPLNS STATS.

It just getting kind of inconvenient to be forced to delete all website data after navigating to The Guild.  This forces me to have to log in to The Guild, Slush, and Coinbase repeatedly.

I have half of my rigs on The Guild and half of my rigs on Slush.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

I can't even recognize what browser you're using your screenshotlow quality picture of your monitor.  I'm going to guess Safari since it's in the other processes, though why that icon isn't next to https://www.btcguild.com (or why the hell your process monitor is even showing a specific website address).

Sounds like Yosemite's latest update + whatever browser you're using have a bug in their JavaScript implementation.  The PPLNS stats page can put a lot of strain when initially loading due to the amount of data in the table as well as the chart that is drawn.  Once it's done, it shouldn't be using any.  Welcome to why I've lost a ton of faith in Apple over the last year.  They keep releasing OS updates with a TON of issues that take a few months to sort out.

R.I.P. BTC Guild, 2011 - 2015.
BTC Guild Forum Thread
HellDiverUK

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:22:30 PM

Yep, best thing to run on an Apple is Windows 8.1.  10.6 was the last decent OSX.
eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 09:26:51 PM

I've mined on this pool for 4 weeks or more starting around the end of September. Despite the PPLNS stats which shows arround 96% I think the real stats are around 75%, or maximum 80%.
In the pool news posted on September 29 it states that the pool will take around 3 hours and 20 minutes to solve a block on AVERAGE. This means a little more than 7 blocks per day, which happens only once or twice a week. On September 29 there was an entirely day with only one block solved, so, bye bye BTC Guild.
Missing you already.  Mind you take the time to read up about luck and probability before complaining that the next pool you try also doesn't meet your expectations.

Eight days ago I withdrew my earned balances from both BTCguild and Slush.  Starting from zero, and with equal effort, the earnings on the two pools are very similar.  Sometimes one gets its nose in front, and sometimes the other.  So I don't have any issues with the day-to-day or even the week-to-week variance in luck.

Edit:  I took the time to work out some figures.  In the four weeks 1-28 October, there were eight days when 8 or more blocks were found, so yes - two a week; the highest was 11 blocks on three occasions.  The good days tend to offset the bad days; over the 28 days there were 189 valid blocks, so the daily average was 6.75.  It would have been slightly higher but for an orphan on the 27th.  So perhaps a little below expectation, but not by much:  by my calculation it is 93.75% over the four weeks, well within what I would consider acceptable tolerance.

And your "napkin math" calculations are very close to the reported luck for the last month.  Who'd have thought that actual math trumps people's gut feelings?

BTC Guild Forum Thread
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

I can't even recognize what browser you're using your screenshotlow quality picture of your monitor.  I'm going to guess Safari since it's in the other processes, though why that icon isn't next to https://www.btcguild.com (or why the hell your process monitor is even showing a specific website address).

Sounds like Yosemite's latest update + whatever browser you're using have a bug in their JavaScript implementation.  The PPLNS stats page can put a lot of strain when initially loading due to the amount of data in the table as well as the chart that is drawn.  Once it's done, it shouldn't be using any.  Welcome to why I've lost a ton of faith in Apple over the last year.  They keep releasing OS updates with a TON of issues that take a few months to sort out.

It's not doing it anymore.  I think that symbol has something to do with FLASH PLAYER

dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:41:07 AM

I think I may have figured it out.

I bought a "Duplicate Detective" Application at the App Store to rid my Mac of any duplicates.  It ended up I had five (5) Flash Player Apps [All the exact same app].  Why the installer never deleted the older ones, I have no idea.

I believe it would open all 5 Flash Player versions when it was needed.  Which in turn, would use tons of CPU.  It's a guess.  I don't think it will happen again.  We'll see.

eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:03:26 AM

I think I may have figured it out.

I bought a "Duplicate Detective" Application at the App Store to rid my Mac of any duplicates.  It ended up I had five (5) Flash Player Apps [All the exact same app].  Why the installer never deleted the older ones, I have no idea.

I believe it would open all 5 Flash Player versions when it was needed.  Which in turn, would use tons of CPU.  It's a guess.  I don't think it will happen again.  We'll see.

Considering BTC Guild doesn't use Flash in any way, I fail to see how that could solve anything.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:08:43 AM

Hmmmmmm

I assumed that 3 dimensional box symbol to the left of "Safari/BTCGuild" was Flash Player.  It had that same symbol next to other things in Safari using "Flash."

Just thinking out loud.

It's not doing it anymore and that's a good thing.  I can click back and forth all I want in different windows on your website now without any worries of the CPU going nuts.

Also, the moment I navigate to your website, Flash Player moves to the top of CPU in my activity monitor.

I will delete this screenshot through "edit" after you have enough time to see it.

That same little 3 dimensional box next to flash player was the same box next to Safari/BTCGuild earlier today.

eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:14:34 AM

Slight correction:  The site "uses flash" if you're not logged in, since the front page has a YouTube embed of the We Use Coins video.  No other page has it.

BTC Guild Forum Thread
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:15:31 AM

Slight correction:  The site "uses flash" if you're not logged in, since the front page has a YouTube embed of the We Use Coins video.  No other page has it.

I just edited my previous post with a screen shot

not sure if you have seen it.

ck said it could have been a Java script going haywire but I don't think so.

eleuthria
Legendary

BTC Guild Owner

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:17:15 AM

Slight correction:  The site "uses flash" if you're not logged in, since the front page has a YouTube embed of the We Use Coins video.  No other page has it.

That box is also next to every other page you have open, including ones which have absolutely no Flash on them.  But again:  This is what you get for using Yosemite+Safari less than a month after it's released.  A buggy piece of software.

EDIT:  It's also next to things which aren't even websites (com.apple.internetaccounts).

BTC Guild Forum Thread
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:18:41 AM

That box is also next to every other page you have open, including ones which have absolutely no Flash on them.  But again:  This is what you get for using Yosemite+Safari less than a month after it's released.  A buggy piece of software.

LOL

I suppose.

It seems to be working fine now after I purchased a couple of apps to clean up my Mac.

I'll delete the screenshot now to rid the forum of data use/free up space.

dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:37:51 AM

EDIT:  It's also next to things which aren't even websites (com.apple.internetaccounts).

BY THE WAY, I do owe you an apology from discussing my CPU usage earlier in Slush's Forum.  I was ignorant of several things.  No need for me to go into details here.  I admitted my ignorance.  I got some mean responses directed towards me because of my ignorance.  It's all good now.

Just want to apologize!

DanielRo

Activity: 633

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:22:25 PM

Tell me how many blocks were found between September 24 and October 24? And what was the average?

Nothing is impossible :-)
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:29:22 PM

Tell me how many blocks were found between September 24 and October 24? And what was the average?
If you've been mining on the Guild for the last four weeks then you have an account and access to that information as well as an expected level of familiarity in how to use the pool website to find the STATS you think are going to win your argument. If your not happy with your earnings, try discus fish, you can have a nice little tidy steady stream of PPS minus 4% all month long. The pool hasn't done you wrong in any way, there's no need to get snide or into your feelings.
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

99% of CPU AGAIN!!!

I just don't understand why it's only THIS website.  Just makes no sense to me at all.  I can surf the web all day long with no problems to many various websites.  If I stay on The Guild's website for several hours, it will eventually start using 99% of my CPU.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:49:32 PM

99% of CPU AGAIN!!!

I just don't understand why it's only THIS website.  Just makes no sense to me at all.  I can surf the web all day long with no problems to many various websites.  If I stay on The Guild's website for several hours, it will eventually start using 99% of my CPU.

Why don't you just try a different web browser.  It's not like safari is a premium browser anyway.  And your not browsing other web sites with the dynamic tables and graphs that BTC Guild has available, so it could very well be a browser problem that only manifests itself on the Guild.

Just a suggestion.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
dmwardjr

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:51:12 PM

99% of CPU AGAIN!!!

I just don't understand why it's only THIS website.  Just makes no sense to me at all.  I can surf the web all day long with no problems to many various websites.  If I stay on The Guild's website for several hours, it will eventually start using 99% of my CPU.

Why don't you just try a different web browser.  It's not like safari is a premium browser anyway.  And your not browsing other web sites with the dynamic tables and graphs that BTC Guild has available, so it could very well be a browser problem that only manifests itself on the Guild.

Just a suggestion.

Okay

Let me try FireFox for a while

Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.