Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365536 times)
Mymine

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:36:57 PM

I haven't got any, so I'm trying to decide which to buy.
My mate is a linux expert, so that's no issue

what pool are you BTC mining at?
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:39:41 PM

I have sort of the same question:
is there a consensus on what's best hashwise: raspberry / windows PC / wiiboard?
Another question:
Is anyone dualmining these, or strictly scryptmining?

Consensus is whatever you have available that does not require more cost to use as a mining platform is best... if you have the controller... use it... if you have a Rpi... seems like a great way to go... if you have a PC then take the OS that best fits your needs... Windows if you have little Linux experience and less than 10 devices total (you can do more but the batch files and COM ports start to be hectic) or Linux if you have the experience and want to use dozens of devices without a ton of extra work scripting batch files.

I am dual mining on Win 7 64 and have had zero issues thus far... 6+ GH/s steady and 300+ KH/s (gotta use the cpuminer to dual mine so I do not have a reliable hashrate other than the pool).

how many gridseeks do you have -  6GH on a few can only be generating pennys a day at the most.... right?

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:47:02 PM

is there a consensus on what's best hashwise: raspberry / windows PC / wiiboard?
Another question:

Consensus is whatever you have available that does not require more cost to use as a mining platform is best... if you have the controller... use it... if you have a Rpi... seems like a great way to go... if you have a PC then take the OS that best fits your needs... Windows if you have little Linux experience and less than 10 devices total (you can do more but the batch files and COM ports start to be hectic) or Linux if you have the experience and want to use dozens of devices without a ton of extra work scripting batch files.

I am dual mining on Win 7 64 and have had zero issues thus far... 6+ GH/s steady and 300+ KH/s (gotta use the cpuminer to dual mine so I do not have a reliable hashrate other than the pool).

how many gridseeks do you have -  6GH on a few can only be generating pennys a day at the most.... right?

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I mean, if my 5 GS3355 5 chip miners can generate even $5/day mining btc, I might go that way bur right now they are making between $7 and $12 / day mining Scrypt only...

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:49:41 PM

Ah, didn't think of doing that! Did you happen to see the difference in amps?

It was drawing 0.017 amps at 120 volts with nothing plugged in (2 watts).
With all 10 ports plugged in, it drew .035 amps.
When they were all mining, it drew 0.57 amps (6.8 watts).

I am going to get the 24 port monoprice hub. It has 4 amps of power, which is 20 watts of power, which should be more than enough. It is also USB 2.0, which is the best the Raspberry Pi can use (no USB 3.0 drivers). I wanted the 28 port Manhattan hub, but that one has USB 3.0, so is not good for the Raspberry Pi.

I figure I will put most of the miners on the Pi. That will give me 2 controllers to babysit any marginal miners.

zccopwrx

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:13:09 PM

Does anyone know if a single unit from Zoomhash includes the barrel power connector???  I want 20, but plan on using a RPI, so I dont see the point in spending the extra $$ on the controllers.
workshop35

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:54:46 PM

Does anyone know if a single unit from Zoomhash includes the barrel power connector???  I want 20, but plan on using a RPI, so I dont see the point in spending the extra $$ on the controllers.

My single from zoomhash only had the mini usb, no barrel connector
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:00:11 PM

Thank you miaviator, nice guide and easy for someone like me to follow, I have however two questions.

1) my miner works for about 5 min submitting shares then just continues to "dispatching new work to gc3355 ltc core"? Exactly 1 min apart

2) the default core speed of 600 seams a little low according to your guide, Should I try and get around 750 with it?

Okay, sounds like a possible comm port overflow issue.
My PC's UART just can't handle constant flow traffic on Virtual comm ports.
Anyway, set your transmit buffer to 14 and see if that helps.
Right click computer, then properties/device manager/ports(comm & lpt), right click desired comm port, properties/port settings - set - bits per second to 115200 - data bits 8 - parity none - stop bits 1 - flow control none - click Advanced - leave receive buffer set at 14 - change transmit buffer to 14, right click the comm port in the listing that you just reconfigured, right click then click scan for hardware changes.
This will refresh the comm port/s so they are now seen by the machine.
After that, unplug and plug in the USB port in question. Unplug, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.
Set your GS5 clock to 850MHz. Then start it up and let it hash! That's the best performance you're gonna get out of it;). Happy hashing!
Doing so helped me and one other person on here. It's what I came up with as a solution to the problem you are experiencing but with 5 or more GS5 pods.
Let me know how it goes.
Good luck!
Wolfey2010

Thanks for this, At first it did not work, But then just did for some reason? But it's mining now.

Also, Each unit is using 60W of power and running in "single mode" is this right?

I am using the CPUMINER supplied on this OP.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:12:43 PM

Scratch my last post, I downloaded the "fixed" version for LTC only.  Grin Grin so far 33W for 3 units (I am powering other smaller things also on this.)
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:20:27 PM

Another question:

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I mean, if my 5 GS3355 5 chip miners can generate even $5/day mining btc, I might go that way bur right now they are making between $7 and $12 / day mining Scrypt only...

I only run a single gridseed, and it is not mining BTC... it is pointed to the TAK pool at minebig along with my other ASIC. Just a personal choice as I have been making damn good profit off it even with the trouble it is having right now. Scryptguild is where I am pointed now as well.

I am less concerned with making profit off this little guy, as I bought it with $1 worth of electricity via my profits from TAK on day 4. My ASIC currently costs ~$.5 a day to run... I sold 4 days worth of TAK starting from launch for a whole BTC and then used that to buy my gridseed shipped overnight and a PSU block for less than half a BTC... therefore... it cost me less than $1 in all reality.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:34:49 PM

Another question:

I only run a single gridseed, and it is not mining BTC... it is pointed to the TAK pool at minebig along with my other ASIC. Just a personal choice as I have been making damn good profit off it even with the trouble it is having right now. Scryptguild is where I am pointed now as well.

I am less concerned with making profit off this little guy, as I bought it with $1 worth of electricity via my profits from TAK on day 4. My ASIC currently costs ~$.5 a day to run... I sold 4 days worth of TAK starting from launch for a whole BTC and then used that to buy my gridseed shipped overnight and a PSU block for less than half a BTC... therefore... it cost me less than $1 in all reality.

Sorry, you lost me.
*How much are you making per day mining at minebig? What is the URL?
*What is TAK? Is it a website? Can you provide a link to this?
*You state that your pointed at ScryptGuild.
Are you pointing all of your miners there now or half and half or what?
I'm using ScryptGuild right now too. I'm still testing to see if they can actually back up their claim of providing me with 30 to 40% more profit per day than just mining straight LTC at LiteCoinPool.org
*How exactly did you work it out to buy a GS3355 for $1, exactly?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:37:24 PM

Scratch my last post, I downloaded the "fixed" version for LTC only.  Grin Grin so far 33W for 3 units (I am powering other smaller things also on this.)

Hah! Cool! I was coming to your rescue when I saw this. Yep, mining Scrypt at such high wattage rating really sucks!, eh?
Glad you got it sorted out.
Wolfey2014

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:38:01 PM

Only 35 running right now and 60 of the total 80 i will have. Need more barrel plugs the chinese vendor screwed up  Sad

Total   16,595.46 KH/s   Shares:1,760,128/14,464/0/0/0

35 gridseeds @ 850 + 8 r9 280x's
daemonfox

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:55:15 PM

Sorry, you lost me.

Dunno because I do not look at it in the way you do... I am mining for future sale at much better prices... I have a 34 GH/s ASIC and the 6 GH/s from the gridseed pointed at the tak.minebig.com pool.

Takeicoin but it is now being rebranded by a charity group into TakeActioncoin. It has had a rough ride the last few days but the arbitrage is continuing to fill my BTC coffers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452902.0;topicseen

I'm using ScryptGuild right now too. I'm still testing to see if they can actually back up their claim of providing me with 30 to 40% more profit per day than just mining straight LTC at LiteCoinPool.org

I only have the scrypt core of my single gridseed pointed at scryptguild... I do not care to speculate that they can make you 30-40% more than LTC mining because that is a broad statement you can make mining ANY scrypt coin from the top of the coinwarz chart.

Thanks
Wolfey2014

Simply that I mined Takeicoin from launch and after 4 days sold my entire stash for 1 BTC then turned around and bought the gridseed from Zoomhash. On my 34 GH/s ASIC that is about $2 in electric costs, which is my only overhead as this miner has paid itself off repeatedly already due to good mining choices. I took half of that BTC and used it to pay for this gridseed. So from an absolute cost standpoint... I came out of pocket ~$1 for the gridseed.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:02:39 PM

Only 35 running right now and 60 of the total 80 i will have. Need more barrel plugs the chinese vendor screwed up  Sad

Total   16,595.46 KH/s   Shares:1,760,128/14,464/0/0/0

35 gridseeds @ 850 + 8 r9 280x's

Hah! Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice rig!!! Thats-wut-ahm-talkin-bout! My goal is 80 miners! Or maybe a few of those 25MHs Scrypt FPGA's, if they ever finish making them!

How much is the Chinese guy selling you those barrel plugs for?
Are you making up your own power cords?
Do you know Radio Shack sells the plugs?

Being a trained and experienced electronics/electrical technician of many years, I'm considering providing tech support, parts and such for my fellow miners.....for a fair price of course Wink
I need to know what people are paying for their custom parts though.
Might be enough work to keep me busy and making some duckets in the process.
Oh, and I'm located in the USA too Wink
Wolfey2014

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:22:19 PM

I just ended up buying 12 of these cause they were available for overnight shipping.

I should be fine if i splice this wire and use it like the single pig tails right?
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:24:35 PM

No, they do not, unfortunately.
I can make them up for you though, if the price is right. Wink
I made all of mine from type H and M plugs I bought at Radio Shack.
Soldered the cords on. The gauge I used is too thick for the plastic screw on jacket to fit so I simply heat shrinked on a jacket instead, since all other connections are also heat shrinked to prevent corrosion and electrical shorts too, of course Wink
Very easy for me to do as I have decades of experience in the electronics and electrical trades.
They'll work 100% perfectly of course!
I'm thinking of making a couple different designs. I'll save the particulars for 'paying' customers Wink
Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:26:37 PM

I just ended up buying 12 of these cause they were available for overnight shipping.

I should be fine if i splice this wire and use it like the single pig tails right?

That will work perfectly for Scrypt only mining. I would not even try it for SHA mining though. Too much current to pull through a single feeder.

What is the part number/supplyer info, if you please?

Thanks!
Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:32:06 PM

Sorry, you lost me.

Dunno because I do not look at it in the way you do... I am mining for future sale at much better prices... I have a 34 GH/s ASIC and the 6 GH/s from the gridseed pointed at the tak.minebig.com pool.

Takeicoin but it is now being rebranded by a charity group into TakeActioncoin. It has had a rough ride the last few days but the arbitrage is continuing to fill my BTC coffers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452902.0;topicseen

I only have the scrypt core of my single gridseed pointed at scryptguild... I do not care to speculate that they can make you 30-40% more than LTC mining because that is a broad statement you can make mining ANY scrypt coin from the top of the coinwarz chart.

Thanks
Wolfey2014

Simply that I mined Takeicoin from launch and after 4 days sold my entire stash for 1 BTC then turned around and bought the gridseed from Zoomhash. On my 34 GH/s ASIC that is about $2 in electric costs, which is my only overhead as this miner has paid itself off repeatedly already due to good mining choices. I took half of that BTC and used it to pay for this gridseed. So from an absolute cost standpoint... I came out of pocket ~$1 for the gridseed.

Right, I read up on Takai - coin...geesh! Quite the fiasco! Anyway, not interested in charities just yet....
I'm only interested in mining the TOP coins. TAK coin is way down in the middle somewhere at coinwarts  Roll Eyes and, it's a SHA coin on top of that. I'm only mining Scrypt. That is, until SHA becomes more profitable per hash than Scrypt, if it ever does.

TAK coin, kind of TAK-ee sounding anyway, if you ask me ;/

Wolfey2014

daemonfox

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:41:48 PM

Right, I read up on Takai - coin...geesh! Quite the fiasco! Anyway, not interested in charities just yet....
I'm only interested in mining the TOP coins. TAK coin is way down in the middle somewhere at coinwarts  Roll Eyes and, it's a SHA coin on top of that. I'm only mining Scrypt. That is, until SHA becomes more profitable per hash than Scrypt, if it ever does.

Wolfey2014

Yeah it is a SHA coin... and as far as coinwarz goes... TAK spends half the day on again off again at the top of the chart then somewhere in the middle...

Price right now is rock bottom after the problem so I see nothing but profit in the near future when the new team finishes their rebranding... so mining at current average profitability is just a fraction of what I should be able to turn when it settles again.

Already back up above 60TH/s global on TAK.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

Wolfey2014

Yeah it is a SHA coin... and as far as coinwarz goes... TAK spends half the day on again off again at the top of the chart then somewhere in the middle...

Price right now is rock bottom after the problem so I see nothing but profit in the near future when the new team finishes their rebranding... so mining at current average profitability is just a fraction of what I should be able to turn when it settles again.

Already back up above 60TH/s global on TAK.

Cool!
Wish I had the hashing power to spare on 'potentials' like TAK. Alas, I'm just starting out and only mining with 5 GS5's right now, 6th one on the way to me as of now Wink...Building up to 80, believe it or not.
I'm searching for the most bang for my 'hash'. And mining pools that always monitor and switch between dozens of top paying coins are the ones I'm interested in pointing my miners at. ScryptGuild is probably going to end up at the top some day but right now, I think they don't rank high enough for me.

Personally, I like the idea of TAK coin NOT being attached to Takai. Geesh! Who ever thought of that??? Never was much of an actor. I just don't understand what all the fuss is over that guy. He has NO talent! He's lucky he didn't end up wearing the RED T-shirt in Start Trek! Cheesy Now, Chekov, he could act! What about BonesCoin, SpockCoin, KirkCoin, OhuraCoin, <total fox in her day boy! ScottyCoin.....Cheesy!!! Oh and let's also pay homage to all the Red Shirts who always got made DEAD!!! RedShirtCoin Cheesy!
Wolfey2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: