Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41270 times)
BACARAN

Activity: 560
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:00:37 AM

I have been a member since September, and I have 230 activity, if I  2 year ago to be submit now even though senior will be, but newbie at the moment, this is not fair this is not justice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:01:09 AM
Merited by dbshck (1)

Admins!!! What you have done will lead to the fact that now massively will sell merit and who will not share it! Or you are interested in it themselves( to sell merit)? What you have done I believe is illegal! Think again, while the community has not found another forum!!!

I want to add! Cryptocurrency is made for decentralization and the forum should be the same, and with your new rules you make your forum centralized!!!

The forum is indeed centralized. You can freely develop a Blockhcain-Based-Forum-Engine... And create an ICO out of it! Damn son, that's one million dollar idea right there.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:01:58 AM

Thank you, theymos. Finally a big change Smiley

This is kinda scary mate...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/52415167/i-see-noobs-everywhere.jpg

We're being invaded! Grin

The forum is indeed centralized. You can freely develop a Blockhcain-Based-Forum-Engine... And create an ICO out of it! Damn son, that's one million dollar idea right there.
Congrats mate! You'll be the next millionaire! Grin Don't forget me when it came true Smiley
sithuleee

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:02:41 AM

Ok. Now we will able to see come carefully written posts in all over the forum. Somehow, this is a good step to clean the forum from garbage posts.
reil2014

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:03:56 AM

That means, that i need to buy merit, just to rank up?
I been doing a lot of post, but never had a merit.
What should i do?
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:05:18 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2), hilariousandco (1), JayJuanGee (1), ABCbits (1), Mr. Big (1)

I want to add! Cryptocurrency is made for decentralization and the forum should be the same, and with your new rules you make your forum centralized!!!

Oh, it's very decentralized. It uses the VWYF algorithm (now with added blockchain™) to ensure complete decentralization. How it works is very simple: if you don't like it, go make your own forum.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
andryhari

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:05:27 AM

with this rule, there will be more buying and selling merit and accounts that are ranked above the newbie, and are buying and selling accounts legal? in my opinion it is illegal because just as they take advantage of this rule, and with the existence of this regulation precisely the more fraud is happening, do you think about this before the moderator sir
Techysk

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:06:35 AM

I'm sure this decision will reduce spam but I have one question want happened to those who makes good posts and unable to get merit points? Think about those, my suggestion is for Jr memeber get 200 activity point will be good then 1 merit.
tonbit1239

Activity: 542
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:10:27 AM

Thanks a lot. Spammer will be lessen. I'm very supportive on this move. BTT will be great again! Kudos!

Code:
│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │

Jr Member

Code:
│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌

Rewards
For 100-749 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 1 stake
For 750-1499 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 2 stakes
For 1500-2999 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 3 stakes
For 3000+ Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 4 stakes

Application
1. Like this page : https://www.facebook.com/hubrisone1/
2. Register with this form: FACEBOOK FORM
3. You must write your report weekly in this thread before the week is over

Share in the following format
###FACEBOOK WEEK X###
Facebook Account Link:
Like+Share Link(s):

Rules
Participants must both share and like Hubrisone’s posts
Shares have to be spaced at least 15 minutes.
You must have minimum 100 followers/friends
Minimum 2 shares per week
Maximum 3 shares per day, and 15 shares per week
Account must be original
Like this page : https://www.facebook.com/hubrisone1/
Every share must include this hashtags and link : ''#HUBRISONE #HBRS Alpha App is now live ! Register and receive $10 in HBRS tokens in your wallet! Android: https://bit.ly/2EmPqPE IOS: https://apple.co/2rQtnJw ''

Reports are accepted only within the week dates specified above. Late reports will not be accepted.

Rewards
For 100-749 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 1 stake
For 750-1499 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 2 stakes
For 1500-9999 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 3 stakes
For 10.000+ Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 4 stakes

Application
1. Follow these pages: https://twitter.com/hubrisone , https://twitter.com/hellobountyzz
2. Register with this form: TWITTER FORM
3. Check your audit score: https://www.twitt
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

Oh, it's very decentralized. It uses the VWYF algorithm (now with added blockchain™) to ensure complete decentralization. How it works is very simple: if you don't like it, go make your own forum.
Is this supposed to be one of those garbage posts we are trying to stop?

I think it is a requirement that you be wearing a paid signature to write that kind of post, preferably advertising some kind of scam ICO whose bounty campaign is being run by an extortionist.
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:12:38 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 07:32:35 AM by quanahri

Although as a Newbie, I fully support this decision of the forum. Bitcointalk needs more than constructive posts. Not just a place to join the bounty. This restricts repetitive comments that make no sense.
Hope to see more quality posts on cryptocurrency.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

That means, that i need to buy merit, just to rank up?
You have to earn the merits,if you are buying it means you are abusing it so you will be red tagged if you get caught for merit trading.
I been doing a lot of post, but never had a merit.
Doing lot of posts doesn't mean you will get merits,make some useful posts which can be helpful for the upcoming users.
What should i do?
Just keep doing good posts soon you will get caught in to some generous heart who will share their merit.
Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:16:23 AM

Warm and happy greetings for all of us, Congratulations on running the activities.

The rank is the position that shows the level of position based on the level of difficulty, responsibility, impact, and qualification requirements / quality of the post that is used as the basis for the policy of the Forum Admin.

Requirements to be appointed in Jr., Member, until Legendarial positions.
Member status:
1. having integrity, good posting and morality;
2. Having Technical Competencies, Competencies and Cultural Cultural Competencies in accordance with the competency standards which are proven based on the evaluation results by the Forum team at Bitcointalk,

We hope: 👇👇👇
This is the first step towards this decision, and must accept with [ sincere ] we hope for the future and so on with this regulation to be more professional towards all members of the Forum around the world ... hopefully this is the wise decision of @Theymos there.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:19:25 AM

Are these restrictions for those who have been demoted? "newbie wear sigature"[1]
[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4796382.msg43272911#msg43272911

I forgot to wipe non-demoted newbies. Fixed, thanks.

Also, I just realized that I did wipe 0-merit Jr Members who were also copper members. I undid that.

- Reduced-accuracy link filtering
I translated this topic, but I didn't understand this part correctly, any help?

Newbies are subject to additional filtering which has a higher rate of false positives.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
TranslateIntoDutch

Activity: 308
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:21:30 AM

Excellent decision! I translated the original post of this thread into Dutch and posted it in the Dutch board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030464.0

itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:22:06 AM

I think you should consider the ability to buy merit for yourself. You can already effectively do this by way of purchasing a copper membership. Based upon the fact that well under 1% of active users have received a single merit, there need to be additional ways for people who do not post garbage to rank up.

Buying merit or normal ranks is like buying yourself a bunch of trophies to put on your shelf. It's stupid, and it's an insult to everyone who achieved it legitimately. I can't see ever doing that. I don't particularly mind letting people pay for some of the privileges of these things, such as with copper membership, but it should be a parallel system.

Copper membership is good. Now, if you want to participate in signature campaigns, you can either pay the $10-$20 for copper membership or accomplish the herculean task of making one good post. I don't think that it's unreasonable in either case.

If people are making good posts but are still struggling to get merit, then that's a problem with the merit system and should be fixed on my end. Demanding money in order to bypass a broken system would be really bad. But AFAICT the merit system actually is reasonably effective at identifying good posters.
My concern with the merit system is that I don't think it necessarily identifies "good" posters, but rather identifies posters whose opinions align with those who are considering awarding merit to a particular post.

My concerns are not necessarily regarding needing one merit to achieve Junior member status, in fact I would think it would be net beneficial to require a $10 payment to participate in a signature campaign, although a smaller nominal fee may be beneficial to prevent things like spambots and those who are getting paid to bump ANN threads, although changes to the ordering of threads is probably a better way to address the later issue.

My concern is more surrounding the number of merit required to rank from Member up to Full Member, and higher. Very few people to date have received sufficient merit to rank up to Full Member or higher. I would argue that if someone pays for the benefits of a Full Member status, they have incentives to continue to make not-garbage posts.

I don't think we should do away with the activity system, and believe that activity should continue to play a role in users' ranks.

I currently have received more merit than everyone in the forum except for 218 people, and I have not received sufficient merit to achieve Senior Member status, but am a Legendary member only because I was grandfathered in. However I have pretty much always been able to obtain above market rates for signature deals (even after receiving negative trust) when I have been active and been trying to actively sell my signature. Surely there are more than 220 people who make sufficiently good posts to be a Senior Member.

An ideal system in my view would be for someone to pay maybe a dollar to become a junior member (that would not allow signatures of any kind), pay $10-$20 to become a Member/Copper Member, and from there, can pay some additional amount to rank up further provided they have sufficient activity, perhaps even sufficient activity after becoming a Copper Member to become a Full Member, and so on.

Edit:changed full membership to senior member. However I have barely received sufficient merit to become a full member.

I fully agree on this, I've 280 activities and got demoted to Newbie, You can look into my posts and see yourself that I'm not a spammer or just bounty reports. I post my opinions and views in the best possible way. But no one ever considers looking those posts or giving merits to real users. There should be more ways to get merits and rank ourselves up, but I also agree on keeping the forum spam free as much as possible.

Plus, I know there are senior or full members who got those ranks just because they joined forum way back before merit system introduced, and all their posts are crap or bounty reports.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
Zico2004

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:22:51 AM

I think you should consider the ability to buy merit for yourself. You can already effectively do this by way of purchasing a copper membership. Based upon the fact that well under 1% of active users have received a single merit, there need to be additional ways for people who do not post garbage to rank up.

Buying merit or normal ranks is like buying yourself a bunch of trophies to put on your shelf. It's stupid, and it's an insult to everyone who achieved it legitimately. I can't see ever doing that. I don't particularly mind letting people pay for some of the privileges of these things, such as with copper membership, but it should be a parallel system.

Copper membership is good. Now, if you want to participate in signature campaigns, you can either pay the $10-$20 for copper membership or accomplish the herculean task of making one good post. I don't think that it's unreasonable in either case.

If people are making good posts but are still struggling to get merit, then that's a problem with the merit system and should be fixed on my end. Demanding money in order to bypass a broken system would be really bad. But AFAICT the merit system actually is reasonably effective at identifying good posters.

I really agree with you sir. Merit as the name imply should be earned, and not bought.
The rule is fair and should give newbies making good posts the chance to rank up through their God efforts.
vnmalireddy

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:23:05 AM

I have been a member here nearly 6 months, what ever New rules which come into action today are acceptable as i seen forum as been becoming just a place to spam, so its hard for admin team to check all data and delete them which is time consuming , with implementation of  New rules definitely  reduces spam here and can see better content posts related to discussed topics. But only suggestion i would have made is, Admin should  have given prior notice to all users about New Rules may be 2 weeks and implemented them from 1st on next month, it would be  helpful to may users who are participating in signature bounty's.
Jrashid

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:25:08 AM

as a Jr.member
Dude, you are no more Jr member, you are newbie with 298 posts and 252 activities.

Bitcointalk needs more than constructive posts. Not just a place to join the bounty. This restricts repetitive comments that make no sense.
Hope to see more quality posts on cryptocurrency.
Seriously  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is not only the first currency, it also represents the blockchain and the market.
Does Bitcoin represent the blockchain? Bitcoin and Blockchain are two different terms. Blockchain is a technology while Bitcoin is a blockchain based currency.
The ico-20 project is almost all bad
ico-20?
Bet9ja111

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

Hello community I must commend the administration for this decision that was taking in as much I was affected by it. I take solace by looking on the advantages this has to offer me. This decision will here by giving my involvement in cryptocurrency and in the forum a meaning and direction. Because the community will be more interactive and educative I would also appreciate if those above me teach me how to crawl because that is the stage I am now and the moon will be my destination in future... Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: