Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: will humanity stop using cash  (Read 3992 times)
expekto (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:12:34 PM
Merited by Dim4ik (1)

I have a vivid discussion with my friends lately. They say that one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only. They say it might take twenty or thirty years, maybe longer, but it is a sure thing to happen, they have no doubts about it. I am not so sure... well, people might give up using cash as it is not that convenient, but giving up money as whole? I really really doubt it, it seems so impossible for me. What do you think? Maybe we will start using something brand new, neither cash nor cards? What is the future of the cryptocurrency world, anyway? Will it die in fifty, sixty years or it is going to be a thing that will live forever? Let's dream for a while Smiley

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
cryptokingKG

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Bitsler.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:25:02 PM

Yes, We can go cashless in the future. But I don't think that all people will switch to crypto. There will be people using banks cards also. Because there are so many people out there who still don't believe in Crypto. Who knows if in future we can see a combo of banks along with crypto. As with the rise of digitization, less cash will be used in market.

ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

This is not gonna happen any sooner, at least i say not in the next 100 years for sure.
Mobile cash payments are the next trend for sure with the smart phones trend, Silicon Valley in China i the most & bet evidence for that.

I"ll say blockchains can benefit from this mobile payment trend by integrating themselves there & that's the only way to make crypto mass adopted, really mass adopted Wink
EUM

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:34:55 PM

Billionaire Tim Draper made a forecast that capitalization kriptornka increase in 15 years by 400%. Five months ago, Draper predicted that the price of bitcoin would reach $ 250 thousand by 2022.
To note the skeptics, in 2015 Draper predicted the growth of the main crypto currency to $ 10 thousand by the end of 2017, and this forecast is true.
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2100
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:40:21 PM

The transition is obvious, cash money is just cumbersome, easily forged, lost and stolen. We are moving on to debt and credit cards because of the speed and efficiency they offer over cash. Cryptocurrencies are a step in the same direction, offering further still efficinency improvements.

curlewwottled

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

i don't think that we will stop using cash in the near future
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:41:00 PM

Cashless is governments wet dream.  That cash keeps our ass private to a certain extent.  That's why it's so hard to withdraw large sums out of banks.  Once everything is on a public ledger then they can see every transaction being made possibly world wide if we go to a single crypto under threat of force.  

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
XLadyX
Copper Member

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:41:19 PM

It's very possible. I'm sure some people didn't believe Paper money would replace Gold too. Here we are. What I've learnt is with technology, anything can happen.
DavidSCryptoguy

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:44:17 PM

I think it is entirely possible that we will drop "cash" as we think of it today.  You touched on an important point;  a lot of people have already stopped using cash, even before crypto came along.  I know that personally, when I receive cash it is a bit of a nuisance in the sense that I am most likely going to have to make a trip to the bank in order to use it.  When a digital form of cash comes along that becomes easier to use than traditional cash, logic dictates that it will render traditional cash obsolete.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:46:32 PM

In as much as am a big fan of cryptocurrency, I do not think that humanity would stop using cash totally. You can say that the way cash is been used would reduce. I also believe cryptocurrency would be very relevant in our day to day lives in the future
peter0425

Activity: 2674
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:47:29 PM

I have a vivid discussion with my friends lately. They say that one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only. They say it might take twenty or thirty years, maybe longer, but it is a sure thing to happen, they have no doubts about it. I am not so sure... well, people might give up using cash as it is not that convenient, but giving up money as whole? I really really doubt it, it seems so impossible for me. What do you think? Maybe we will start using something brand new, neither cash nor cards? What is the future of the cryptocurrency world, anyway? Will it die in fifty, sixty years or it is going to be a thing that will live forever? Let's dream for a while Smiley
There are a lot of advance countries that has been experimenting a cashless society. The World’s First Cashless Society Is Here – A Totalitarian’s Dream Come True. So we are getting closer than you think. However, I don't see fiat getting instinct, some 3rd world countries still rely on the old traditional banking system. As for the future of crypto, its really looks good and it will continue to grow but, I'm not sure if it will make banking systems obsolete.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
abstmain

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:52:49 PM

We have seen the revolution from the very beginning. Once upon a time, people used to exchange product while now it has turned into currency. With the revolution of the internet, of course, there will be such a day where the physical currency has no existence. It's not only about the internet revolution, but cryptocurrency also has some good pros over physical currency too. So, it's logical to stop using cash, I mean they will be forced.
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

It will happen in the future, we will either pay by crypto currency or an embedded microchip! The world will evolve as we move from trading bread and eggs, to gold pieces and silk, cash fiat, and now digital currency. Cash is gonna die, better stack some proper coins.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:38:43 PM

This is the next step in the currency evolution.
Let's face the facts, even before the invention of Cryptocurrencies, humans are generally inventing new ways to make transactions without cash, credit and debit cards are now used more than real cash by most people and if we get really lucky, cryptocurrency would gain worldwide acceptance and would replace cash.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:04:15 PM

i think so. Where i live (new zealand) cash is extremely rare nowadays already. If i go to pay in cash in a shop they are literally surprised now with all payments being on debit/eftpos/credit/paywave based systems. 10 years ago people would not have believed cash would be almost gone so i don't see any reason why in the future there won't be a move into blockchain based payments entirely.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:11:14 PM

Cashless society is coming.  Cash transactions are hurting the rich and powerful as we small fries are able to make tax free purchases.  Once the blockchain is enacted they will have solved this little problem they have.  We are the guinea pigs. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:16:01 PM

I think so. Even nowadays its rare that people carry cash around and instead have and pay with their credit cards. And to give another example of evolution, back not so long ago people used livestock and other commodities for trade before even money came along.
Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:17:26 PM

we can get rid of cash and personally i will not have any regrets about it as it is important for me to pay in a comfortable way

Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:18:22 PM

I think so. Even nowadays its rare that people carry cash around and instead have and pay with their credit cards. And to give another example of evolution, back not so long ago people used livestock and other commodities for trade before even money came along.
paying by cards is faster and more convemient than paying by cash so i think people will be happy to have cards over cash

JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:20:47 PM

I believe that in the future it is possible that we will stop using cash. But it will take a very long time. On the account of the cryptocurrency, I can also say that it will not go anywhere. It will continue to develop and perhaps in many years it will be the main means of payment.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: