Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29598 times)
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:36:31 PM

This totally depends on the type of wallets you use and the level of awareness you have on wallets.

• Web Wallet
  • Exchange Wallet
  • Desktop Wallet
  • Hardware Wallet

There are cases where even hardware wallet can be compromised when you put your seeds around. This totally depends on the awareness you have on how different types of wallets works and knowledge on how to secure it.
Hardware wallet is very transparent also paper wallet if it's not using most of the people. Exchange Wallet is relatively risk more than other 3 wallets. Exchange hacking is now big hype, because a lot of hacked just in this year. so we are little bit disappointed to use.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:47:58 PM

I think that anything, any device that is connected to the Internet, is subject to hacking. Therefore, thinking about your security, first of all, keep in your mind whether hackers can get to your data.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Stewart66

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:56:23 PM

vulnerable, but I don't understand how wallet hackers work, some say they get access through phishing links and some people say that they plant malware on our computers to get access and I can only trust it so I really keep my computer from exposed to malware that can threaten the privacy of my wallet

overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:00:04 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
I think that's not possible, your wallet will lose all its assets if you lose private key or someone steals private key, the percentage of hacked is very low

ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:05:58 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

Basically no, but if a project creates a plaform to particularly hack a wallet, for example if you mistakenly import your private key in a wrong project just like the Ethereum classic vision before, they run through a self made blockchain that intended to scam people through their site that needs to import private keys which I find already misleading from just the beginning.
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:59:21 PM

Basically no, but if a project creates a plaform to particularly hack a wallet, for example if you mistakenly import your private key in a wrong project just like the Ethereum classic vision before, they run through a self made blockchain that intended to scam people through their site that needs to import private keys which I find already misleading from just the beginning.
in any case, if the attacker received your secret keys, it is the same as losing your money. I am interested in a completely different question. When you still have not a public key, but a private key, is it possible to get to your assets with it?
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:28:26 PM

First, you can lose your wallet by catching some virus or browser plugin, it will gain access to your funds and transfer them to hacker's address. Another "chance" for you is to follow some bad link and face "phishing" resource. These two cases are the most frequent I think.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:31:41 PM

I was a victim of hack so I have no doubt from experience that hacking of wallet is not only possible but it is happening . Folks need to be more careful with their wallets
ofcalled

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:35:26 PM

Aloof similar an accounting where single 's order acceptances are unbroken so furthermore is purse where digital assets property or cryptocurrencies of crypto buffs are unbroken. Buoy the billford be sensitive to hacking and whether potential how buoy that occur? Whether you get practised it earlier, I wish to study from your feel.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:39:40 PM

There were cases of course hacked,and even hackers managed not just to break,but straight the whole exchange to break,or to replace the protocols and links to the wallets of the same Ethereum wallet,and just stole from many people money,as long as there is no perfect protection,the only thing you can most secure yourself,correct actions,that's all perhaps
karankamaze

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:59:35 PM

I was a victim of hack so I have no doubt from experience that hacking of wallet is not only possible but it is happening . Folks need to be more careful with their wallets
there are many people who experience what you experience but I am quite grateful because until now I have never experienced my wallet being hacked.
and I am indeed a person who is very careful when using my wallet so that maybe that is the reason that I have never experienced hacking.
tendenc

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:12:00 PM

Speak almost the safety of crypto acceptances various period. And with self-confidence at 99.99% I buoy add that bitcoin is hopeless to cracking. Add assume 't recognise how right this is, a quantum pc buoy just breakage much a safety process. On the other hand as far-away as I recognise, thither are 2 much computers. Single in U.s., the additional in Russian federation. Possibly thither are in additional nation, on the other hand the media get not talked almost them.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:17:08 PM

my private keys was on flesh drive and I didnt use them for entering the wallet, but two of my wallets was hacked in defferent period so it is possible and you will never know in what moment
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:28:41 PM

First, you can lose your wallet by catching some virus or browser plugin, it will gain access to your funds and transfer them to hacker's address. Another "chance" for you is to follow some bad link and face "phishing" resource. These two cases are the most frequent I think.
You are talking about phishing. Hacking and phishing are not the same thing. Technically, hacking many wallets is impossible without the use of super devices. Such devices are owned by states or large corporations and, as a rule, are adapted for special tasks.

Asformu

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:11:50 PM

Exactly billfolds buoy be hacked on the other hand it ask for any classification of sloppiness from pouch holder as good, i anticipate whether you upload your individual crucial or word at any phishing connection or storehouse your information at any vulnerable position on-line your billford buoy be hacked.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:17:28 PM

Wallets can be hacked that's why I always used hardware wallet also people get hacked when they enter their private key into site that ain't safe

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
integrity42

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 05:58:42 PM

Wallets can be hacked that's why I always used hardware wallet also people get hacked when they enter their private key into site that ain't safe
But hardware wallets cost money, as to me that usual purse is no less safe than a hardware purse, if handled correctly

NibleyIt

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:40:36 PM

Exactly, I extremely even aid the returns allowed already. Allegedly, the billford should be safety on the other hand similar anything added hacks develop and so does application so single buoy never debar the opportunity of existence hacked though at this age it would be high-priced and would need plenty of sweat.
Butpow

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:43:34 PM

Occasionally our have fault buoy effect in hacking the notecase on the site, which you strength signify. On the other hand it each conditional on on how we behave or previse the law-breaking of hacking. Assume 't allow to that materialise, as it's extremely prejudicious. Suit always be circumspect.
IParn

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 06:43:51 PM

I agree now the safety of wallets on the Internet is dubious. But there is no other way out then you need to be very careful with passwords. Or spend money on hardware wallets.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: