Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44706 times)
[Maarten]

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:45:39 PM

Here is the thing, as explained in the WP; tokenization is not yet scalable; for tokenizing an asset you need first a third party to hold the real asset, and to create a token on the top of it. Another solution is the mirroring; you are mirroring real position taken on the market; so actually when you buy stocks using Jarvis, you are taking a position on the market, and this position is mirrored in your wallet.

For that, you only need a brokerage license.

And you have access to a larger liquidity since you connect to the market.

As the position is mirrored, it becomes a digital asset (the position, not the stock); but for the end user it is the same: they hold the digital image of the stock, or of the gold, or of any contract.

This is also why we do need the centralized part of the exchange, to access these markets legally.

Thanks a lot for your responds.
Really like it when someone of the team is so active in the thread. Hope you guys can keep this going.

So the users who bought stocks with Jarvis will also benefit and get dividends from the stocks?
Really hope you guys can achieve al this!

This project can really be a new step  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

if it ain't broke don't fix it bro. as long as they get what they need , why wouldn't they do it.

Well, he is kind of right. In 2017 it was much, much easier to raise money during an ICO. All you needed was basically a fancy whitepaper with a blockchaih-related idea and people threw money at you.

But that doesn't mean that you can't have a successful ICO nowadays. Investors are now just way more cautious and reluctant and it takes more to convince them of your project.

Call it ICO, STO or whatever. Projects want to raise money to finance development. That hasn't changed since 2017.
actually it does not matter the name counts the final result get enough funds to complete the project, of course last year with a bull market was all easier, but i think that if a project have a valid, innovative basic idea is successful, will be able to get the funds to be completed despite the not very good market conditions...
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 09:37:23 PM

Important !!

To put all the chance on our side, we have decided to divide our ICO in two parts : a presale and a mainsale. We do want to launch our first products before the mainsale, to give more value to our ICO and to our token as soon as the ICO ends.

Also, the markets conditions does not allow us to get the traction we are looking at, so we will need more time, and probably spend more funds to raise the awareness of our project. We do know that our project is a good one, but it deserves more coverage. Dividing the ICO into two will give us more time to get to this point (we started our campaign and publish the website at the end of october). We have been advised for a while to postpone our ICO due to this, but we think it is better to divide the ICO into two parts, rather than postpone it.

This is the right decision, 2 rounds are the best way held ICO than postpone it to undetermined date, the market is unpredictable, and I think in the first round there will be bonuses for early investors?

Yes, 30% Wink

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 11:21:46 PM

Will it be possible to connect my Jarvis account and trade via your interface also on other exchanges like Binance, Bittrex?

Yes! Most of the exchanges Wink Our prototypes has been done using Binance and HITBTC

Very interesting exchange idea.
Is your prototype already in a state of a demo/MVP, so that we can test it?

I know the one on the Jarvis Trader platform, but I was also going to ask the question for the exchange, if there is a specific day?
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:06:16 AM

I know many people now that are afraid (or just don't want to) of entering the cryptomarket not even because of the current downfall but because of almost no positive changes during the last year (or close to it)
dubignyp

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 12:09:29 AM

I know many people now that are afraid (or just don't want to) of entering the cryptomarket not even because of the current downfall but because of almost no positive changes during the last year (or close to it)

No positive change, that is?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:01:52 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2018, 11:48:14 AM by Rigorous

Guys what are your thought about STO ? Are security tokens a more interesting vehicle of investment than utility token ?

After taking time for much needed reflection on the past years, I have come to the conclusion ICOs failed because there is no incentive for the project teams to create any value for the investors, as the utility tokens are not allowed to increase in value. Would they be sold with the intention to increase in value, they were at risk of being deemed securities. And securities come with regulatory oversight and cannot be sold on unregistered exchanges. Additionally in contrast to shares utility tokens do not grant any rights other than access to the product. So you understand why being labeled a security or equity was to be avoided. Even though the teams could sell their unsold tokens on the secondary market, that would just be a bonus. The focus was to raise as much capital as possible before the regulatory ban hammer came down while pretending to be productive. Obviously raising money riding the hype was much easier than actually building a product that could give the utility tokens any value.

Security tokens grant right to dividends, however I am not sure they give a significantly bigger guarantee to ROI compared ICOs. Why? Security tokens still do not grant any voting rights nor any rights to company assets. Therefore security token teams still do not have to have any responsibility as the relation with their investors harbors no threat, liability or urgency. We can only hope the dividends increase the incentive a little bit for the teams to build some value for security tokens.

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 06:48:56 AM

Yeah last year in october or november people are asking me how to enter crypto currency world, what coin or token to buy etc. Nowadays nobody asking how to do this. Hopefully market will turn around..

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:36:20 AM

Important !!

To put all the chance on our side, we have decided to divide our ICO in two parts : a presale and a mainsale. We do want to launch our first products before the mainsale, to give more value to our ICO and to our token as soon as the ICO ends.

Also, the markets conditions does not allow us to get the traction we are looking at, so we will need more time, and probably spend more funds to raise the awareness of our project. We do know that our project is a good one, but it deserves more coverage. Dividing the ICO into two will give us more time to get to this point (we started our campaign and publish the website at the end of october). We have been advised for a while to postpone our ICO due to this, but we think it is better to divide the ICO into two parts, rather than postpone it.

Makes sense, its rare that projects have their beta product ready before ICO and that is one of the reasons, token sales dont go that well for them. Having a product ready gives you the necessary boost, especially now in this bear market.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 11:19:51 AM

Here is the thing, as explained in the WP; tokenization is not yet scalable; for tokenizing an asset you need first a third party to hold the real asset, and to create a token on the top of it. Another solution is the mirroring; you are mirroring real position taken on the market; so actually when you buy stocks using Jarvis, you are taking a position on the market, and this position is mirrored in your wallet.

For that, you only need a brokerage license.

And you have access to a larger liquidity since you connect to the market.

As the position is mirrored, it becomes a digital asset (the position, not the stock); but for the end user it is the same: they hold the digital image of the stock, or of the gold, or of any contract.

This is also why we do need the centralized part of the exchange, to access these markets legally.

Thanks a lot for your responds.
Really like it when someone of the team is so active in the thread. Hope you guys can keep this going.

So the users who bought stocks with Jarvis will also benefit and get dividends from the stocks?
Really hope you guys can achieve al this!

This project can really be a new step  Smiley

So at the beginning, we will use CFDs, to show that the demand is here, to show the value behind this; as soon as we can, we will move to real stocks. But it will be faster and cheaper the first year to use CFDs; meaning that it could have dividend, this truly depends on the LP.

Of course we will do our best to use LP who gives back the dividends.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:27:16 AM

Guys what are your thought about STO ? Are security tokens a more interesting vehicle of investment than utility token ?

After taking time for much needed reflection on the past years, I have come to the conclusion ICOs failed because there is no incentive for the project teams to create any value for the investors, as the utility tokens are not allowed to increase in value. Would they be sold with the intention to increase in value, they were at risk of being deemed securities. And securities come with regulatory oversight and cannot be sold on unregistered exchanges. Additionally in contrast to shares tokens utility do not grant any rights other than access to the product. So you understand why being labeled a security or equity was to be avoided. Even though the teams could sell their unsold tokens on the secondary market, that would just be a bonus. The focus was to raise as much capital as possible before the regulatory ban hammer came down while pretending to be productive. Obviously raising money riding the hype was much easier than actually building a product that could give the utility tokens any value.

Security tokens grant right to dividends, however I am not sure they give a significantly bigger guarantee to ROI compared ICOs. Why? Security tokens still do not grant any voting rights nor any rights to company assets. Therefore security token teams still do not have to have any responsibility as the relation with their investors harbors no threat, liability or urgency. We can only hope the dividends increase the incentive a little bit for the teams to build some value for security tokens.

I agree with you, something is fundamentally wrong in the way ico are run today and should be changed, not sure how but there need to be more reason for the team to close the project, not just fill their pockets with cash.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:01:12 PM

ICO's are so 2017.

if it ain't broke don't fix it bro. as long as they get what they need , why wouldn't they do it.

Well, he is kind of right. In 2017 it was much, much easier to raise money during an ICO. All you needed was basically a fancy whitepaper with a blockchaih-related idea and people threw money at you.

But that doesn't mean that you can't have a successful ICO nowadays. Investors are now just way more cautious and reluctant and it takes more to convince them of your project.

Call it ICO, STO or whatever. Projects want to raise money to finance development. That hasn't changed since 2017.

That hasn't changed for decades... for centuries actually Smiley

I guess both has its pros and cons and its too early to tell which could be the ideal investment vehicle as also we need some time to see how those two will evolve. Maybe in 2 - 3 years time we could already figure that out.

My feeling is people now are orientating more toward STO's.
But with this incredible fast developing I am not sure if not a new technique is interesting in 2-3 years and nobody will speak about POW or ICO's anymore.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Gotenks

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:10:01 PM

One thing that comes to my mind when reading this is buying Apple stocks with Bitcoin. well, is this jarvis exchanger and capital market? and looking at teams and roadmaps I believe jarvis will be successful for the future.
dubignyp

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

Will it be possible to connect my Jarvis account and trade via your interface also on other exchanges like Binance, Bittrex?

Yes! Most of the exchanges Wink Our prototypes has been done using Binance and HITBTC

Very interesting exchange idea.
Is your prototype already in a state of a demo/MVP, so that we can test it?

I know the one on the Jarvis Trader platform, but I was also going to ask the question for the exchange, if there is a specific day?

I was not answered on the prototype question, if there is a date ?

Is there a date of arrival of the prototype of the exchange ?
dubignyp

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 12:13:29 PM

One thing that comes to my mind when reading this is buying Apple stocks with Bitcoin. well, is this jarvis exchanger and capital market? and looking at teams and roadmaps I believe jarvis will be successful for the future.

Yes, that's why you have to get involved. An income that can help you for your future. Your retirement, your children
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:22:41 PM

They can be but the hard task isn't building the software, I guess, but it' somply with regulators, especially the SEC if one day they want to operate in the US

the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:47:11 PM

They can be but the hard task isn't building the software, I guess, but it' somply with regulators, especially the SEC if one day they want to operate in the US

that's definatelly a huge hurdle they have to pass. but building the software is much more important. they can hire people to get them past regulators.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

that's definatelly a huge hurdle they have to pass. but building the software is much more important. they can hire people to get them past regulators.

that's true. I bet there are some law firms specialized on SEC compliance- The software however would be new. A working gateway between crypto and the stock market would be huge.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:43:54 PM

If that would be true, it could make a change in the whole investing scene.
Interesting though.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:53:31 PM

ICO's are so 2017.

We had the opportunity to do an ICO in 2017, or early 2018; but we didn't want to make an ICO with only ideas; we have worked hard on starting the developpement of the project as well as prototypes, and we also came up with a more mature project; realistic project! From regulatory to tech point of view.

Even if the market will not value our project, we will make it happen and will maybe raise funds with more traditionnal channels; we have already received several offers from VC this year, we have all refused them as we are a community-driven project. I prefer to raise 2M among 2000 or 5000 people, rather than 5M with one or two VC.

Sounds good, there are ambitious project like, even if we don't get funding we will continue. This kind of project deserve attention. But no people like to invest only in scam proeject

Yes, Scam advertise themselves a lot, so get more exposure; it removes the place for project like us, a bit under the radar.

But you know, since we will destroy unsold token, to be under the radar is not a very bad thing, especially for the one who will contribute or had already done it. Because it means the cap will be lower, so a bigger marge to progress, and also there will be less token, so the revenue per token would be bigger.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: