Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44719 times)
atrmill

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

At the moment, the cryptocurrency market is experiencing very difficult times, and such projects are losing relevance. But I believe that this project can survive.

PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:12:03 PM

I don't like it neither; I am more a very strong advocate of decentralization and freedom, but let's be realistic, with these government... we need to make a choice: we do want adoption of the technology or to stay in an utopia?

But anyway, the best feature for me is NFC, so you can pay with fiat or crypto through the NFC feature of your phone.

It's indeed something that has been around enough and start to be used as well for payments in general, plus people may not care in the end if the payment is processed with crypto or fiat. It could work.

NFC is great! I mostly use my phone in shops nowadays instead of my ATM card

Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:13:49 PM

How will you tackle the current dumping of the crypto market?
It's not looking very good and i'd like to know if the plans will change or not?

What is it they CAN do? Or do you mean delay the ICO? Bit late for that unfortunately
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:18:06 AM

I have never seriously considered debt tokens. Debt was the reason for the financial crisis and likewise the reason for creating Bitcoin. Even if there would be a debt token that entitles the owner to receive utility tokens or security tokens, how can you really trust you get repaid? A smart contract linked to the company's treasury? That only works if the treasury is actually worth something.

Well it is basically a buy back program like a lot of companies are doing; but instead of buying back the token itself, you buy back another token which has been distributed at the same time as the other token.

Everything is managed through smartcontract of course.

Oh, now it gets interesting. Managing company finances through locking the treasury wallet and paying salary on reaching milestones such as increasing the average token price - or buying back tokens if failing to meet the roadmap.
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:04:34 AM

How will you tackle the current dumping of the crypto market?
It's not looking very good and i'd like to know if the plans will change or not?

What is it they CAN do? Or do you mean delay the ICO? Bit late for that unfortunately

if they have private investors and manage to make a good case, they will succeed. if not...another victim of the market.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:19:34 AM

Therefore, maybe the truth is in the middle : to always have two tokens, one for staking/dividend, and one for utility. There is a VERY interesting one, one of our advisors work on. http://wetonomy.com/ and the concept of debt token is very promising to me. An interesting mix could be : you could sell an utility token (to pay fees); for each utility token bought, you send as well 7, 10 or 20 times more "debt token". You buy back debt token with your profit so contributors receive somehow a dividend until they run out of token, and they still have a utility token.

I have never seriously considered debt tokens. Debt was the reason for the financial crisis and likewise the reason for creating Bitcoin. Even if there would be a debt token that entitles the owner to receive utility tokens or security tokens, how can you really trust you get repaid? A smart contract linked to the company's treasury? That only works if the treasury is actually worth something.

There must be some collateral in play here othrwise, like you say nobody would pay back the debt contacted

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Therefore, maybe the truth is in the middle : to always have two tokens, one for staking/dividend, and one for utility. There is a VERY interesting one, one of our advisors work on. http://wetonomy.com/ and the concept of debt token is very promising to me. An interesting mix could be : you could sell an utility token (to pay fees); for each utility token bought, you send as well 7, 10 or 20 times more "debt token". You buy back debt token with your profit so contributors receive somehow a dividend until they run out of token, and they still have a utility token.

There must be some collateral in play here othrwise, like you say nobody would pay back the debt contacted

So the idea of debt token I was mentionning is not based on a collateral; maybe the name is confusing. It is just mean: this debt token will be bought back with the profit/revenue of the company; so it is a basic buy back program, but limitated in the time.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

At the moment, the cryptocurrency market is experiencing very difficult times, and such projects are losing relevance. But I believe that this project can survive.

Well volume are still the same; and cryptocurrency is nothing but an asset. The biggest mistake has been to feed this frenzy by listing token before they have any kinf of utility...

It should be forbidden to list any token which does not have a working product.

Market now will survive, it is just a bear market; it happens everytime, on any market, and will keep happening. The bad thing here is that a lot of people has been scammed/robbed/ or just lost their money and savings.

But it does not change anything, our project does not rely on crypto to succeed.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

I have my utmost belief that jarvis exchange will survive the current situation because their idea and platform is solid.
sge99

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

I have my utmost belief that jarvis exchange will survive the current situation because their idea and platform is solid.

I believe that, too. I think it was a good idea to split the TGE and have the mainsale only in March when hopefully the market situation will have changed for the better.

Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:18:19 PM

Well volume are still the same; and cryptocurrency is nothing but an asset. The biggest mistake has been to feed this frenzy by listing token before they have any kinf of utility...

Market now will survive, it is just a bear market; it happens everytime, on any market, and will keep happening. The bad thing here is that a lot of people has been scammed/robbed/ or just lost their money and savings.

But it does not change anything, our project does not rely on crypto to succeed.

I totally agree with your notion that listing tokens without a product or a real use case would be detrimental to the whole crypto ecosystem. After all, who would wanna hold tokens without a real use case because it could be perceived as a liability and will be useless in the future.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:22:56 PM

I totally agree with your notion that listing tokens without a product or a real use case would be detrimental to the whole crypto ecosystem. After all, who would wanna hold tokens without a real use case because it could be perceived as a liability and will be useless in the future.

tokens without a working product are just speculative assets but on the other hand crypto should be decentralized and if some people want to trade promises then let them do it.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 06:07:26 PM

tokens without a working product are just speculative assets but on the other hand crypto should be decentralized and if some people want to trade promises then let them do it.

True, but here we see the result: thousands of people have lost money, thousands of scams have made money. Fortune has been done without delivering any kind of value to the world... ans as usual, only "1%" of people have really made money, while the crowd, as always, have lost.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 06:08:47 PM

I believe that, too. I think it was a good idea to split the TGE and have the mainsale only in March when hopefully the market situation will have changed for the better.

Well, it is more to get more time to build a community of supporter; I do not think market conditions will be better in march; but this is only my personal opinion.

mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:13:48 PM

They are not even fully deployed their exchange yet so at the moment they aren't affected by anything. It can be,  if the situation will be the same when they'll launch it

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

Well, it is more to get more time to build a community of supporter; I do not think market conditions will be better in march; but this is only my personal opinion.

I really hope for a positive ETF-decision before march.
If this dont help to see 10k/BTC again that would really be a tragedy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Kasperiko

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:36:47 PM

Speculation is everywhere now. In the real estate market as well as the stock market all the same. Not surprisingly, 1/3 of the value lost by the giants of the market like facebook amazon and apple. In the cryptocurrency market, the fall is stronger, but there is less liquidity and we need to understand this.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 08:16:52 PM

I really hope for a positive ETF-decision before march.
If this dont help to see 10k/BTC again that would really be a tragedy.

How can it help the BTC to go higher?

What makes BTC goes up? Order book exchanges... Question: how many volume are done in exchange without orderbook (darkpool) ? OTC deal ? You know when I started to work with Jarvis, I was hoping that we could live in an utopian world... but then I saw the reality... greed have stolen the bitcoin idea from Satoshi; he wanted to create something else, an alternative, but finally human being has taken his creation for just profit.

For the last two years I have witness things that are not normal : everyday, huge amount of BTC are sold from 4 to 9% below the market price, in OTC, for few millions; for what? To sell them at the market price on several exchanges... I have also seen companies providing crypto exchange for the unique goal to use the liquidity of retails to pass big order of whales...

If ETF arrives, people will buy BTC because they might think BTC will rise. But Maybe ETF liqudity will come from somewhere else: huge liquidity pool, OTC deal, darkpool. So maybe it will have not a real impact on the BTC price as the ETF manager will maybe not use normal exchange, but only institutionnal one, to pass their trades.

Maybe I am wrong of course Smiley

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 08:17:59 PM

They are not even fully deployed their exchange yet so at the moment they aren't affected by anything. It can be,  if the situation will be the same when they'll launch it

Remember that we will target also FX/CFDs traders. So the exchange can work with traditionnal traders.

nobytes

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

True, but here we see the result: thousands of people have lost money, thousands of scams have made money. Fortune has been done without delivering any kind of value to the world... ans as usual, only "1%" of people have really made money, while the crowd, as always, have lost.

I am not so sure if that's a result of the scams or scams are the result of people managing their own money without experience on investing, while being greedy and gullible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: