Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542196 times)
emrebey

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

Thanks!  Nice looking and responsive site.

One thing.  Could you please add a Heavycoin logo to the top next to (or replacing) the 42tx logo?  For example this one

We will be sending your bounty soon.

done Smiley

Quote from:  tinus42
What's with the estimated balance? When I look up my address it shows the estimated balance at roughly 1/5th of the total amount.

It can show wrong balance for several reasons. (that's why it's estimated)

* change addresses (http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c9xr7/)
* exchange addresses (you can sell all of your HVC in your exchange deposit address but exchanges doesn't create transactions for in-site trades)

other than that, I will be happy to investigate, pm me your address please. (include your real balance, too.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:39:20 PM

What's with the estimated balance? When I look up my address it shows the estimated balance at roughly 1/5th of the total amount.
My paltry amount is actually estimated too high Cheesy

s'more statistics... mined for 12 hours at each of the 4 major pools.  12 hours isn't enough for a full picture at anything but 1gh, as the other pools don't really have the hash rate required to get a decent sampling in that time period, so this is just my 12 slots:
pool
average khash/s
%
blocks found
%
earned/Mhash
payout/Mhash
1gh
74.3%
77.5%
nonce-pool
8.5%
7.5%
heavycoinpool
7.3%
5.2%
zhpool
6.9%
6.8%
other
~909
3%
3%
total
100%
100%

You might notice that thanks to heavycoinpool's extra payouts, it's higher than the rest - even though due to the low number of blocks found (disproportionate to the hash rate) in the period I used it, it would have been a lower payout.  heavycoinpool just had a bad streak of luck in that period - pretty much the first half of the below graph:

( For the curious: blocks 9,999 and 10,000 were at 1gh, 10,001 was at noncepool (miner 'gpools') )

loicatraile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:43:51 PM

I know this sounds odd.. but still an idea.. how about offering an amount of HVC in groupon? this would be like giving HVC for half the price but still  it would make some huge publicity for the normal user and promoting HVC as the next major cryptocurrency
what do you think?

Interesting idea... please expand.

+1
+1, do it keccak512, or you should hire a market pro

Glad you find it interesting Smiley..
 So the idea is to use some of the HVC destinated for bounties or that the HVC community donate an amount of HVC to make the deal with groupon. At the groupon website www.groupon.com they could offer for example 10, 20 or 30 HVC (40% discount for example). to each user that buy the offer and sell the deal as a big opportunity and chance that this new crypto-currency become in the future the next Bitcoin and that the price could increase exponentially. The offer would describe how to download the wallet, sign in into an exchange (mintpal) and receive the coins.
 The advantage of this is that , whetever people sell or kipp their coins immediately after their purchase them is that you get access to hundreds of thousands of interested people,views and in the process "educate" them into the crypto-currency world.

Im aware that groupon takes 50% of the price they sell and that they expect an address and something they can hold to.
I believe this could be a huge advertisement system for HVC and the crypto-currency world.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:50:35 PM

How minting works ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

I'm still mining this one with my Nvidia and stacking up on these coins. Not willing to sell until it reaches 0.0005 or even 6. We will see how it goes.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
wangdaniel2014

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

I'm still mining this one with my Nvidia and stacking up on these coins. Not willing to sell until it reaches 0.0005 or even 6. We will see how it goes.

50K satoshi?    Grin Grin Grin   
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:10:54 PM

I have big temptation to jump into mining GreeceCoin for a while today but I fear the Scrypt hellish heat. Smiley I think I will resist today and stay with good cold HVC.  I start disliking scrypt coins quite a lot.  Wink
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:52:45 PM

I know this sounds odd.. but still an idea.. how about offering an amount of HVC in groupon? this would be like giving HVC for half the price but still  it would make some huge publicity for the normal user and promoting HVC as the next major cryptocurrency
what do you think?

+1

So the idea is to use some of the HVC destinated for bounties or that the HVC community donate an amount of HVC to make the deal with groupon. At the groupon website www.groupon.com they could offer for example 10, 20 or 30 HVC (40% discount for example). to each user that buy the offer and sell the deal as a big opportunity and chance that this new crypto-currency become in the future the next Bitcoin and that the price could increase exponentially. The offer would describe how to download the wallet, sign in into an exchange (mintpal) and receive the coins.
 The advantage of this is that , whetever people sell or kipp their coins immediately after their purchase them is that you get access to hundreds of thousands of interested people,views and in the process "educate" them into the crypto-currency world.

Im aware that groupon takes 50% of the price they sell and that they expect an address and something they can hold to.
I believe this could be a huge advertisement system for HVC and the crypto-currency world.

I agree entirely, in fact the bounty pool could in general be used a lot for for raising awareness, because on paper this coin has so many advantages over litecoin.
daemmon

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:02:26 PM

I have big temptation to jump into mining GreeceCoin for a while today but I fear the Scrypt hellish heat. Smiley I think I will resist today and stay with good cold HVC.  I start disliking scrypt coins quite a lot.  Wink

I love a lot of the new algos. Specially since most of them are cold and low usage.

Too bad Scrypt is dying and people already found a new algo to play around Scrypt-N, which basically makes it even more hot and uses up even more RAM. People will start hating Scrypt-N as soon as it changes the first N (too bad it happens in one year), suddenly they will need 8GB ram just to mine with 1 gpu  Cheesy
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:22:32 PM

I love a lot of the new algos. Specially since most of them are cold and low usage.

Too bad Scrypt is dying and people already found a new algo to play around Scrypt-N, which basically makes it even more hot and uses up even more RAM. People will start hating Scrypt-N as soon as it changes the first N (too bad it happens in one year), suddenly they will need 8GB ram just to mine with 1 gpu  Cheesy

I don't know why do you think Scrypt-N is more hot than Scrypt. Did you mine some? I mined VTC and UTC for a month. Much cooler than any script coin.
Dark coin is something like HVC, but yes HVC is cooler, real summer coin.
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:23:11 PM

WOW our giveaway HVCS got lapped up within 24 hours! I can see how much this coin is well liked. I am just waiting on a few peeps that I think posted huntercoin addies instead of HVC so i can pay them as well. I hope they get back to me lol as I commented back on their comments. Smiley I hope we can host another one in the near future. I also downloaded the wallet and it is syncing as well s I can have both a Poloniex addy and a real HVC one as I want to see how I can vote too. Smiley
pokrivac

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:24:18 PM

I don't know why do you think Scrypt-N is more hot than Scrypt. Did you mine some? I mined VTC and UTC for a month. Much cooler than any script coin.
Dark coin is something like HVC, but yes HVC is cooler, real summer coin.
+1
danb1983

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:56:48 PM

I know this sounds odd.. but still an idea.. how about offering an amount of HVC in groupon? this would be like giving HVC for half the price but still  it would make some huge publicity for the normal user and promoting HVC as the next major cryptocurrency
what do you think?

+1

I agree entirely, in fact the bounty pool could in general be used a lot for for raising awareness, because on paper this coin has so many advantages over litecoin.

This just isn't going to happen, or at least not anytime soon.

Groupon process is long and hard to get approval, and I don't think I've seen other coins on Groupon ever (?), besides, they also want 50-90% discounts and price tags of $50-100 ideally, so giving away 30HVC for the price of 10HVC (10cents) is just never ever going to get on there.

What we can do now is social promotion:

- Writing articles, posting them to blogs, and grassroots level bitcoin/crypto blogs - guest posting - explaining basics about the coin and what the future could be, and the brief history and changes so far

- Writing articles to bigger sites, i.e. Coindesk - harder to get on, needs an actual journalistic piece of writing, not happening any time soon or unless something really newsworthy happens.. which the new GPU stuff could be, it's exciting, but its all a bit speculative just yet still.

- Post in forums on this site and others - At the minute GPU mining as an alternative to litecoin seems to be the big selling point, so get in on some litecoin threads and post (dont spam) info about HVC mining - or ASK QUESTIONS "has anyone tried HVC mining / pools - theres lots of talk about it being cooler and a growing buzz about this coin right now etc etc" Wink

- Twitter - get using the official heavycoin twitter account more, follow people, retweet things from it, also just tweeting stuff yourselves about the coin and hastagging/linking back to the main twitter (and facebook)

- Facebook - I set this up, It's my expertise: https://www.facebook.com/HeavyCoin

.. but I haven't got the time to post there constantly, and tbh I'm not historically a crypto-geek, not knowledgeable about the technical/mining side of things - so I'm actively looking for people who want to post to facebook, PM me for access - posting news, info, market price, graphs, and other news just related to bitcoin or especially altcoins generally.

Also I am wanting to advertise there, with around $100-200 (yes, needs fiat/real money, not just HVC) to get to about 700-1000 likes, and from there we can see an impact and assess if its worth it to keep advertising - I think so, I've spent $100k on facebook advertising in the last 6 months for my main business interests - so I've got some expertise in this area and I will run the ads, and Im going to spend the first $50 and get to 200+ likes, but after that I'm not spending my own money doing it, giving my time is enough, so need bounties or donations (I dont want to profit off this, ill profit off my investment in the coin if the price increases - I'm HOLDING 200k HVC (and fuck it, I'm not selling ANY till $0.30c, if it doesnt get there then fuck it - go big or go home! - any bounties I will just use that to spend on ads - so keccak, send me some bounties, and another PM, ill show u some new stats, I improved the ads / got them cheaper Smiley ).. but I do know facebook marketing, there are other coins with just 100-200 followers and were past 100 already... even Coin Desk "only" has 8000 facebook fans.. believe me we could have 10k fans within 6 months (but we gotta BUY / ADVERTISE for them) (believe me, my other pages have 200k+ fans combined)

Forget about groupon, not going to happen in a million "moons" from now - might happen when we're actually on our way to the moon, along with bigger marketing possibilities - but right now keccak and the devs arent throwing around $100k here and there for mainstream media PR... and rightly not yet... BUT theres a TON we can all do - grass roots marketing, telling friends, posting forums, twitter, facebook - get real about it and get writing!
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

i still remember people calling me a coin flamer ,hater,moron when i said im selling the gpu miner for 3 btc ...... so i was right....
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:24:13 PM

Can someone please explain me why miners are hopping like stupid from one pool to another? Heavycoinpool.com was mining smoothly last two days with over 2000Mh/s and found 41 blocks in last 24 hours, they even donated miners with an extra bounty 175 HVC per block. When I calculated I got even better paid then on 1Gh. Well, it's not so easy to compare just by taking calculator, but roughly I can say I haven't earned less then on 1Gh in average. Now when the bounty is over, everybody switching somewhere else. I don't really get it, what's the problem with you guys! Is it just greed and attempt to maybe earn more on other pool?
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:32:25 PM

Nothing is cooler than HVC.No more Scrypt Mining  Grin

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
incin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:35:38 PM

Can someone please explain me why miners are hopping like stupid from one pool to another? Heavycoinpool.com was mining smoothly last two days with over 2000Mh/s and found 41 blocks in last 24 hours, they even donated miners with an extra bounty 175 HVC per block. When I calculated I got even better paid then on 1Gh. Well, it's not so easy to compare just by taking calculator, but roughly I can say I haven't earned less then on 1Gh in average. Now when the bounty is over, everybody switching somewhere else. I don't really get it, what's the problem with you guys! Is it just greed and attempt to maybe earn more on other pool?

If they are new miners then yeah they don't know any better, always thinking the pasture is greener on the other side. I did it when i first started out. Always questioning whether you can make more here or there or wherever. Downtime will kill a pool faster than anything though. The reality is in the long term you will make the same no matter where you are excluding fees. Pool hopping with the big guys is a real problem though. Good little read about it here. http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5072/what-is-pool-hopping

And info on what HVC uses to combat the pool hoppers (Temporal Retargeting) can be found here. http://heavycoin.github.io/about.html

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:48:16 PM

WOW our giveaway HVCS got lapped up within 24 hours! I can see how much this coin is well liked. I am just waiting on a few peeps that I think posted huntercoin addies instead of HVC so i can pay them as well. I hope they get back to me lol as I commented back on their comments. Smiley I hope we can host another one in the near future. I also downloaded the wallet and it is syncing as well s I can have both a Poloniex addy and a real HVC one as I want to see how I can vote too. Smiley

Wow - checked my post in the giveaway thread, and noticed I never left my address.   Undecided
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:59:40 PM

it's funny, the gap between selling offers and buying ones on mintpal is getting bigger as nobody seems to be listing their coins for sale anymore, you have the regular instadumpers but apart from that most people seem to holding, like a boss Smiley, very encouraging.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

it's funny, the gap between selling offers and buying ones on mintpal is getting bigger as nobody seems to be listing their coins for sale anymore, you have the regular instadumpers but apart from that most people seem to holding, like a boss Smiley, very encouraging.

A-OK! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: