Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it Game Over for Bitcoin?  (Read 48064 times)
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:49:08 AM

Following the price correction of bitcoin since 2013, there is a hope that bitcoin price will correct and starts its upward trend to create a new high as it did in 2017 after about 244 days a new high of $20000 was reached. True this year has been turbulent for cryptocurrency because of various government decisions and regulations which has seen the lost over 3/4 of its value but I am optimistic that bitcoin will rise and surpass its former high may be creating a new one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:51:08 AM

Nah. I see the dump as a positive sign, because sellers can't keep selling endlessly. At lower levels sellers need to sell more coins to impact the market, because fiat obviously is gaining an upper hand.

You have to look at the price and calculate the risk vs reward ratio, and at current levels there is way more upwards potential than downwards potential, especially with the block halving coming closer and closer.

I think we could see more selling going on, maybe even a $3000 visit, but that's an opportunity for you to utilize. Buying at these lower levels significantly lowers your overall buying price.

I strongly believe that the price will go up gradually and pick up pace in Q2 of 2019 as more entities, which very likely are institutions, are out to accumulate Bitcoin before the block halving takes place and thus not pay a premium later on.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:52:46 AM

if you look at prices from the beginning to the present, the current situation may be just a cycle, you know why this situation looks bad? because we were used to rising prices yesterday or seeing high exchange rates, so when prices go down we all feel unprepared, angry and disappointed, but if you are a true investor you must already have a strong mentality to deal with this situation, hopefully there will be good news later this year, and this storm is fleeting so that loyal investors don't get disappointed again and we can reap the rewards of our patience , actually I am a little disappointed with you, if the senior at least what you post gets more trust from the reader and the source of reference, you should post something useful and give encouragement instead of complaints and fears like this, do you want to contribute to this situation? Do you want all this to end?
Serious Miner

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

Your question makes me laugh pal it's nothing but a silly question. You need to gather more trust and knowledge about bitcoin. No doubt bitcoin is passing the bad time though but it doesn't mean game over for bitcoin. Who knows bitcoin could turn out as like as 2017. Yes, bitcoin will be back soon.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 10:37:31 AM

Well, we have seen worst case scenarios in the past and none of them could destroy Bitcoin. I don't think that it's game over for Bitcoin at all considering user base support behind it. Yes, the situation is definitely not stable but it won't affect the Bitcoin and growth in the long run. In fact, this is the perfect opportunity for those who are willing to get involved with Bitcoin and crypto industry. One should do his own research before taking an investment decision.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

Bitcoin has faced this kind of situation a lot of times. It has been sentenced to death, but it will always survive eventually. I just don't think that telling it's over at this point is the right thing to do. It is not over yet, not until someone "breaks" the internet. Because that's the only way to put an end on Bitcoin, not the government, not the big investors, and nothing else.
You've been here long enough, OP. You should have known better.

faucet used to be profitable
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:45:41 AM

No, It is not game over for bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies. 2018 has been a difficult year for cryptocurrency because of the actions of various governments towards the cryptocurrency. There was a complete ban on the transaction on cryptocurrency and some other countries it was a difficult regulation against the crypto. These issues were major factor meditating against the price movement of the cryptocurrency.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:47:54 AM

Cmon abiky, are you going out of ideas for threads? You're legendary, and you're worry about bitcoin, since you God damn well know, how it goes... Well I don't criticize you, I also want to buy bitcoin at 1000$ again Cheesy

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:53:13 AM

Bitcoin is not a game and it is not playing so its so called game isn't over. Though price is declining almost everyday but we have still believe on Bitcoin will back and again go the moon as in January 2018.
Bitcoin is not a game but a crypto currency that can not be played the price it or the transaction. so this is not a game but an investment of buying coins through cryptocurrency. of course Bitcoin will survive and still it's too early to say if Bitcoin will end. all expectations about the price of Bitcoin will return, only there in years 2019 and we will see developments in Bitcoin prices will going up or not on that year.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:54:22 AM

it's not that easy to end bitcoin and cryptocurrency because it has become commonplace when the price of dimarket has decreased and all of that can still go back up if it's time, be patient is the key in the cryptocurrency because there is a massive decline there will be a massive increase too .
EditorX

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:26:06 AM

Prices have been on a constant decline ever since this year began. There's been FUD all over the place, and governments have been cracking down on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In addition, there have been several hacks which have also contributed to the decline in the value of the whole cryptocurrency market. As such, many people have lost their faith in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, as they've lost a lot of money.

Despite this, it seems that most holders would not give up on Bitcoin no matter what. But, if Bitcoin keeps declining in value until it becomes worthless, then long-time holders (like me) would become disillusioned. For those who want to protect their investment, there's the option to sell Bitcoin into USD or exchange it towards a stablecoin like Tether. However, even Tether has lost its peg (although in some occasions it heads back to $1) sometime this year, which means that not even stablecoins can be trusted.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Will it be Game Over for Bitcoin? Or will everything go back to normal soon? Huh

We can't say it's the worst but it's definitely a 50% chance right now. It's 50% safer than the dollar. I rated Bitcoin 80% last year. This year I'm rating it just above 50%.  Smiley
Snowflower11

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:41:43 AM

Prices have been on a constant decline ever since this year began. There's been FUD all over the place, and governments have been cracking down on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In addition, there have been several hacks which have also contributed to the decline in the value of the whole cryptocurrency market. As such, many people have lost their faith in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, as they've lost a lot of money.

Despite this, it seems that most holders would not give up on Bitcoin no matter what. But, if Bitcoin keeps declining in value until it becomes worthless, then long-time holders (like me) would become disillusioned. For those who want to protect their investment, there's the option to sell Bitcoin into USD or exchange it towards a stablecoin like Tether. However, even Tether has lost its peg (although in some occasions it heads back to $1) sometime this year, which means that not even stablecoins can be trusted.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Will it be Game Over for Bitcoin? Or will everything go back to normal soon? Huh

Bitcoin peaked at $ 20,000 in 2017 as a bubble, fueled by FOMO, Many people are ignorant of this market because it is so new, but greed has killed them. So when Bitcoin prices fall by the FUD, it once again shows panic and lack of knowledge about the market. I do not look at prices much, what I believe is the value and the future that bitcoin and blockchain can bring us. We are seeing a lot of companies, different fields are applying blockchian and Cryptocurrency, technically we have new developments, countries are loosening and starting to accept cryptocurrency.

So I invest in bitcoin as a long term investment, the market can go up or down, but I still believe in bitcoin, whether it comes back to the $ 1500 mark!
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:41:29 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 12:52:31 PM by Bennix

However, the game is not over for  bitcoin completely .It is in only cryptocurrency that some people loose interest whenever there is bearish market.people should be sensitized, enlighten and made to understand that bearish market is not happening only in cryptocurrency.
Currently ,Goggle lost  $14b,Amazon lost $60b and Apple lost $39b.The question is would bull run kick start again ?The answer is yes.The question still remains who will benefit from the bull run?They are those ones that invested and hold not minding the negative direction or bear market crypto is subjected into.So,the game is not over for bitcoin,we still have a long way to go.My own piece of advise is buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies backed with a real already existing product.You will see the benefit at last.No condition last forever .
jozymens7

Activity: 392

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:47:15 PM

This is the best time to invest into cryptocurrencies no matter what is happening now. Most people are loosing interest in it and I think the bull market will start when people had soled all their BTC. Wink

Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:05:12 PM

Bitcoin isn't game over yet. Although based on what I have heard to the other bitcoiners that the market is red or down, its not necessarily means that it is game over now. I think it is natural to be at low point because I believe it will once again bounce back at its highest. Bitcoin is not on its 100% so it will continue to run until reaches that limit.

Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:15:14 PM

The irony of every thread during 2017 and now:
2017, there are threads that praising bitcoin as if it is the king of currency.
2018, threads are discouraging and keep asking about the fall of bitcoin.
Only one year passed by, bitcoin differ from what it was when I joined in this community. I thought I am lucky to see cryptocurrencies in my wallet but all pf my expectation turns into dark when market get down.

davlewis

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:33:41 PM

I don't really think that the game is over for bitcoin, the best is yet to come. Just because of a downfall it doesn't mean the game is over.
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

the end of Bitcoin? I have never felt that this is the end of Bitcoin because Bitcoin is a currency whose price is not stable. so the current decline is a natural thing in my opinion. for me Bitcoin still has a very high value, but a very high increase last year made Bitcoin currently look very low.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:41:11 PM

I think that if you are a really smart investor then you should have foreseen such a turn of events! Normal market cannot  grow steadily.

I don't think the market will experience normal, of course it rotates continuously. because the change of time always happens. so we have to know that the BTC position will not always be down, of course it will be over again, we have to wait for that. first the price of btc isn't what it is today, but btc increases too.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

the end of Bitcoin? I have never felt that this is the end of Bitcoin because Bitcoin is a currency whose price is not stable. so the current decline is a natural thing in my opinion. for me Bitcoin still has a very high value, but a very high increase last year made Bitcoin currently look very low.
I agree.Bitcoin is still the most expensive crypto coin today so it will not be a game over yet.I think a correction is just happening this year.Next year would be another great price for bitcoin because the price will surely rise up again just like what most of the early adopters believe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: