Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it Game Over for Bitcoin?  (Read 48067 times)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 02:54:31 PM

Still no, Bitcoin system is already operating and only people can decide for this if bitcoin will going to end by losing some interest in investing bitcoin. However, it seems that bitcoin has a solid and loyal community though investors are dumping already their bitcoins but it doesn't that they stop their love with bitcoin. Still they will go back and invest again.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:55:24 PM

It not a game over yet in fact the game have just started and at that let be ready to play on, bitcoin ever since the unset is termed a volatile assets and at that we must learn that the price can never be stable and since bitcoin does not have a fixed price it can move which ever ways it price can go up and at the same time comes down, and the only thing responsible for this is the force of demands for it in the exchange market.
rahmat86

Activity: 1148
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Prices have been on a constant decline ever since this year began. There's been FUD all over the place, and governments have been cracking down on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In addition, there have been several hacks which have also contributed to the decline in the value of the whole cryptocurrency market. As such, many people have lost their faith in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, as they've lost a lot of money.

Despite this, it seems that most holders would not give up on Bitcoin no matter what. But, if Bitcoin keeps declining in value until it becomes worthless, then long-time holders (like me) would become disillusioned. For those who want to protect their investment, there's the option to sell Bitcoin into USD or exchange it towards a stablecoin like Tether. However, even Tether has lost its peg (although in some occasions it heads back to $1) sometime this year, which means that not even stablecoins can be trusted.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Will it be Game Over for Bitcoin? Or will everything go back to normal soon? Huh
I think this is not the end of bitcoin, this has been predicted by many people but they don't want this to happen. I myself don't like this and the price seems to be going down.
Do you still believe in bitcoin if the price can be under $ 2000? I am afraid people will lose confidence in Bitcoin
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:07:48 PM

It depends on what you define as normal, you will be satisfied with what happens or not, in my case, I am waiting for mass adoption and I really do not care much about the price that bitcoin ends if that means stabilization and real use, right now bitcoin is being used more as a store value than as a replacement for the banking system.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

Yes, if the rejection keep happening, bitcoin will be back into year 2014 where the value still $ 299 / btc , there year where I knew bitcoin.
We already aware that crypto value depend on supply and demand so it's consider volatile investment like happen on this week.

I'm not surprise at all because I have prepare , and how about you ?

Smiley
thuat86

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:13:00 PM

Prices have been on a constant decline ever since this year began. There's been FUD all over the place, and governments have been cracking down on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In addition, there have been several hacks which have also contributed to the decline in the value of the whole cryptocurrency market. As such, many people have lost their faith in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, as they've lost a lot of money.

Despite this, it seems that most holders would not give up on Bitcoin no matter what. But, if Bitcoin keeps declining in value until it becomes worthless, then long-time holders (like me) would become disillusioned. For those who want to protect their investment, there's the option to sell Bitcoin into USD or exchange it towards a stablecoin like Tether. However, even Tether has lost its peg (although in some occasions it heads back to $1) sometime this year, which means that not even stablecoins can be trusted.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Will it be Game Over for Bitcoin? Or will everything go back to normal soon? Huh

never over. Early 2017, bitcoin price is much lower even
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

With this big deflation of all cryptocurrencies like bitcoin many of us thinking that it is now maybe the end of cryptoworld. But I think it is only a behavior of crypto's to have a very volatile in condition and will not going to an end but rather it will keep on changing might be decreasing or increasing. Like this time it is just a challenge to all crypto enthusiast how can we handle this moment of long bearish cryptomarket trend.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

even though the price of bitcoin is currently dropping very dramatically, it does not mean that bitcoin will just end, because when bitcoin starts to decline in price I see many people watching it, and starting to take a break to buy. because they believe the price of bitcoin will return to the moon /

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

Bitcoin isn't the one that should be blamed for people's greed, because the price in no shape or form reflects the utility of Bitcoin, just people's greed.

It actually surprises me that you bring this up, because when I look at the date you registered your account, you (in case you are still the same account owner) very likely have seen the market tank below $200 back in early 2015. Back then people said it's game over as well, and here we are. It's just another cycle we are going through.

$20,000 versus the various correction scenarios.

80% = $4000
85% = $3000 (my guess based on technical ball analysis)
90% = $2000

We're getting there.

Yes. Back in 2015, prices used to decline massively which caused many disappointments across holders of Bitcoin. However, I didn't worry much at that time since I was nearly starting with Bitcoin and didn't have any large investment in it. As soon as I've started to learn more about Bitcoin, I've decided to buy more coins to hold them into my wallet for a long time. In 2017's price surge, I've managed to gain lots of profit, by selling to USD. I've left a certain amount of Bitcoin in my wallet for future prices increases.

Nowadays, Bitcoin prices have declined sharply (probably at a higher level than past occasions), which seems to be quite disappointing at least in the short term. Some way or another, Bitcoin's prices must rise to unprecedented levels (due to its finite supply). As you've said earlier, it's not about the price but instead the utility of a specific cryptocurrency. However, looking at how negatively prices are being impacted each day, I have no other choice but to sell all my BTC to USD (at least in the meantime while the market settles) to prevent any further losses.

Nonetheless, from what I've seen, this is only a matter of patience. Those who cannot wait would greatly miss an opportunity of a lifetime to multiply their investments. If Bitcoin remains fully functional as a cryptocurrency for censorship-resistant payments, then there should be nothing to worry about. Wink

I think governments have been generally ignoring bitcoin.

Well most of them, but there are still some governments which have been against Bitcoin. For example, India has banned Bitcoin completely, as well as, China. It's said that they might consider legalizing Bitcoin in the long term, but it's up to debate. At least, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are much friendlier within the US, UK, and even Malta. Smiley

What hacks?

Coincheck exchange hack (which affected NEM) and Parity wallet hack (ETH). Although, I don't think they've been the main reason why the market has been on a downfall, they've had an impact on both ETH and NEM at least in the short term.

No investment can be trusted to lose value, that's one half of the equation you accept when you buy an investment...the opportunity to gain is matched equally with the opportunity to lose.

Thanks for the tip. I guess that it's best to secure profits in USD whenever prices rise a little, to prevent further losses in the long term. I'd say that I would keep at least 25% into Bitcoin, while the rest (75%) will be kept in USD. That way, no matter if prices fall, my losses would be less than having it all in Bitcoin. With that same USD, I would be able to buy more Bitcoin at cheap prices. However, it's best to wait until prices have reached a bottom before deciding to grow your stack of coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
aponrahim

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:24:43 PM

It's a bad time for Bitcoin. Because the price has dropped a lot, but bitcoin again will come back with good spirits. This does not mean that Bitcoin's game is over.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:33:28 PM

The game isn't over, but it sucks out when some countries ban. although I won't think Bitcoin price would fall even more because of its stability from the past year.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:33:43 PM

You made a bunch of statements about what you see then you ask what people think.

My thoughts are: most of your observations are wrong, big money investors would never let this game die, and bitcoin does not have a “normal”.

AiBBio

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

I think it just restart og the game and soon it will be won by bitcoin
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:16:17 PM

Bitcoin has gone through more worse dips back in years. This is indeed a huge dip but we are still at $4k+ which is decent enough to trust in Bitcoin. Even after all the panic sellers left, BTC is holding good. This was like a reboot and would help in bull market as who are left have trust in Bitoin.
BlaineEvans

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:42:24 PM

I think it's still not over for BTC.  There are "speculations" that some altcoins where tied to BTC and if in case it became over, it might destroy the whole market.  BTC is the first ever coin and I think those whales and investors will not let BTC be over.  These are just challenges we must face  Cheesy Cheesy
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:51:11 PM

I think that the manipulation of the market has one goal - to squeeze out investors who are disappointed and not ready to wait. In other words, the manipulator drops extra passengers off the train. Large gamers are always purchased at the bottom. And in order to purchase at the bottom it is necessary to force the bulk of investors and speculators to sell cheap. I think this is what is happening now. And this is not the last bottom. (

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:04:01 PM

i think its manipulation in market right now.its not a game over for bitcoin its just started.if you look back to the past history you can see bitcoin gone through more bad situation and in december market will recover.

PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:43:43 PM

It's just a temporary setdown. Just because it's going down doesn't mean it's a disaster. The price of the whole market is going down and it is quite frustrating for investors who put a lot of money into cryptocurrency and now they feel betrayed. But Bitcoin went from nothing to the sky and now its in the middle, so it doesn't mean its dead and it is in fact recovering.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:50:27 PM

when it would be game over with bictoin then so many other alt coin will also go game over Cheesy
But the game still goes on. Cryptos are not dead o0

regards
angryrob

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

Why game over? Btc price in 2016 was just $500-600

It's dropping like crazy now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: