Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:09:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24674 times)
Leezkie22

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:57:44 AM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

i have only one wallet, which is prefer to put my whole tokens. For me is more safe to put into single wallet so that you remember only 1 address etc.
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:18:11 PM

It does not make sense to keep everything on one single wallet, because if you would get tricked, you will lose everything. Never forget to use the diversification and to hold your coins on different wallets and different exchanges.

On exchanges? I would never trust them no matter how highly trusted they are, they can get hacked too.
Totally agreeing with you. This is why people should be discourage to hold in an exchange. Storing on exchange giving you no full control of your funds. Exchange is meant to be a platform to buy and not to store. Better choose to transfer it in a wallet that no one can intervene, open source wallet like armony, electrum and HODLER wallet would be the best I think.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:07:36 PM

There are advantages and disadvantages of storing your altcoins to multile wallet. If for some reason, you lost the private key or the back up phrase to one of your wallet, those funds will just disappear or will be locked forever. Why don't you just store these altcoins on a hard wallet? It is more safer and reduce those risk or protect your investments for possible hacking? It is more safer to store your altcoins offline rather than storing it to a wallet that is prone to hacking because it will always be connected to internet.
kamar25

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:32:42 PM

a pretty interesting idea, by storing it in an multi-opensource wallet, it will be safer from theft. that's a good choice

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:08:36 PM

I use many wallets but when I can I store all my tokens in my ledger nano S for better security. unfortunately it's not compatible to all coins so I have to use also other online wallets.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:16:05 PM

I use only one wallet from the beginning and I have more than 20 altcoins in it. I think myetherwallet is great for me so I use it.
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

I use many wallets but when I can I store all my tokens in my ledger nano S for better security. unfortunately it's not compatible to all coins so I have to use also other online wallets.
Ledger Nano is good,  but just like what you said, some coins we prefer is not compatible with it. There's a hardware wallet called Hodler that will be released this 2019 that could hold 100+ kind of coin. They also have desktop and Android app, you can check it out while the hardware is not yet out. It offers good security features also.
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 02:19:00 PM

in the current market, such a strategy is ineffective. It is now risky to take altcoins, because Bitcoin still has not felt the bottom, although we are close by. If we take altcoins, it is only for the purpose of working off a rebound from the level of their bottom

Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:20:21 PM

Ledger wallet is an offline wallet which could give a higher security than of using online wallets but still we can't assured of its 100% security.
Losing our keys is the most common problem around even using offline wallet. To prevent it from happening, we should take good care of our wallets and never engaged on unsecured sites.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:25:37 PM

Depends on different things. If I'm holding erc20 tokens, then I use one single wallet for all of them for long-term holding. I use individual wallets for coins like btc, xrp, doge etc. My cold storage and regular trade wallets are different.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:31:40 PM

in the current market, such a strategy is ineffective. It is now risky to take altcoins, because Bitcoin still has not felt the bottom, although we are close by. If we take altcoins, it is only for the purpose of working off a rebound from the level of their bottom
In crypto platform number of wallets are available in the market so many of them Myetherwallet. But I recommend to buy hardware wallet because nowadays many wallets are stolen so we should protect our investment. If you have one wallet in 20 altcoins it is not safe so change your half of the altcoins in another wallet.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:34:22 PM

I prefer to have only a single wallet because more wallets mean more passwords and other stuff so I like to keep things simple. I think it works ok this way.
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

I prefer to have only a single wallet because more wallets mean more passwords and other stuff so I like to keep things simple. I think it works ok this way.
Actually my thought, I would not want to have a lot of password which is really a hassle thing. This is why I tried to find a good multiwallet but most of it or all of (it aside from hardware wallet and Hodler wallet)gives no full control for the users. Its good that a team is now developing a opensource multiwallet This will surely give the user the confidence on their assets.
Nastinmel

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:32:52 PM

I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.

Is this wallet comfortable in daily usage? Isn't it too long to insert it into a notebook, remove it and insert again? It seems to me that such a wallet is convenient only for the storage but not for daily operations. Am I right?
ganegani91

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:08:16 PM

I also hold a lot of altcoins, but not in the same wallet, it is the safest thing I can do, of course to avoid some coins disappearing, it's very difficult for me to believe in one wallet

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:13:40 PM

With multiple altcoin you have higher chances to gain. Let's imagine that there a new ethereum will appear.
You increase your chances to receive higher ROI
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:26:55 PM

I do not advise people to keep holding coins without proper follow-up. If you can monitor, then you should hold, but without that, just select god ones and hold.
BillyTalent

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:03:38 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
Everyone has their own preferences, but I think there is no significant difference where to keep the coins in one purse or different wallets.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

Holding multiple altcoins don't require to have more e-wallet if you hold ERC20 Token. And that is a good idea if you are using MEW (MyEtherWallet) to store all of your ERC20 Token. The Holder e-wallet I never use, but I think this e-wallet is not better than MEW.
freya louis

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:13:37 PM

I prefer to hold coins in just one type of wallet, ETH wallet. In my opinion it would be difficult to hold coins in different types of wallets. When I will hold a coin I will choose a coin that can be predicted to sell and be valuable later on, so I only have two or three coins that I hold so that I have just one wallet.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: